CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Resident Evil 2/3 Remake?

Ann-C_03

I know rumors, but my friend found some pictures of the game that has been remade (no, not images from The Darkside Chronicles). It seemed to be a shot of someone playing the game, and I read that if they do it, it'll probably be on Wii U. 

I really don't like rumors, I like having real interviews with the game producer but Capcom just keep saying: If we have enough support and demands from our fanbase then there's a lot of chance that it will happen. We waited for years and now I hear about the Wii U and screenshots.

Do you guys think it will happen soon or not? Do you think it's fake? I'd like to hear some opinions because right now I'm feeling like if they do it, it will take years and years. Video of the 2 screenshots (I know, sounds stupid) and a lot a details in description that my friend keep saying is true. But I think we would have known about this interview no? Give me your thought on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68vxvbuEyAk

And Resident Evil 2 remake on Wii U:

http://www.gamekyo.com/groupnews_article25577.html

--

Rebecca Chambers, first person to know how to drop an item and give it to her partner.~~~

May 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

Sorry for answering so late to this but as usual I'm busy busy busy. I would be definitely thrilled if those rumours were true. I haven't found anything else about this though. Everyone's still discussing Revelations it seems. But a RE2 Remake would certainly convince me to get a Wii U ...

--

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
When you're good at something, never do it for free ...

June 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

The YouTube link is now dead, but that article does make very interesting reading. I have always thought that The Darkside Chronicles was the closest we would get to a RE2make, and ORC was the final nail in the coffin for me.....But if Capcom think there is a $ in it, then it's bound to happen, irrespective of fandom. Personally I would love to see Resident Evil 2 & Resident Evil 3 presented on the next generation consoles as one single title, starting with Jill prior to her infection, then over to Leon & Clare games A & B, and then finally with Jill's post infection last escape. A Wii U exclusive will be a staggeringly frustrating missed opportunity !

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

August 26, 2013 at 6:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

That would be one hell of a game, GT! RE 2 & 3 together, topped with maybe a new look at HUNK's mission (more elaborate and without that friggin timer). That would be absolutely fantastic!

Oh I don't know. I bought all my consoles just for Resident Evil so buying a Wii U for just one game wouldn't be the craziest thing I ever did ...

--

When you're good at something, never do it for free ...

August 27, 2013 at 4:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Loving Zombie

Here's a fan made project on RE 2:

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/18314/20140327/resident-evil-2-remake-reborn-hd.htm

CAPCOM don't seem to be batting an eye lid at this project so far but it would be nice if CAPCOM got the hint already and just made RE2&3 in REmake style. I would buy it straight away if it were the case!

--

April 1, 2014 at 7:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

Ann-C_03 at May 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I know rumors, but my friend found some pictures of the game that has been remade (no, not images from The Darkside Chronicles). It seemed to be a shot of someone playing the game, and I read that if they do it, it'll probably be on Wii U. 

I really don't like rumors, I like having real interviews with the game producer but Capcom just keep saying: If we have enough support and demands from our fanbase then there's a lot of chance that it will happen.

We waited for years and now I hear about the Wii U and screenshots.
Do you guys think it will happen soon or not? Do you think it's fake? I'd like to hear some opinions because right now I'm feeling like if they do it, it will take years and years..

Video of the 2 screenshots (I know, sounds stupid) and a lot a details in description that my friend keep saying is true. But I think we would have known about this interview no? Give me your thought on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68vxvbuEyAk

And Resident Evil 2 remake on Wii U:

http://www.gamekyo.com/groupnews_article25577.html

The account for that link has been deleted now. Any Resident Evil 2 remake would be pointless after the release of ORC & DSC unless the complete story could be told as a survival horror experiance - so Capcom must also include a Resident Evil 3 remake in this game. Maybe one day for a very special reason - maybe the 25th anniversary but I dont believe it will happen without this special celebration.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

July 14, 2014 at 2:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gunnutinfl

Yea I got to this topic late, so I never got to see the video, but it still caught my attention. A remake of 3 would be great, since we never had an opportunity to see Raccoon City in the classic REmake style.

April 9, 2015 at 6:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

gunnutinfl at April 9, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Yea I got to this topic late, so I never got to see the video, but it still caught my attention. A remake of 3 would be great, since we never had an opportunity to see Raccoon City in the classic REmake style.

Raccoon City displayed in the classic fixed camera, prerendered background form is too much joy to conceive... could it really ever happen? Well, if the awesome sales figures for RE HD are duplicated with the inevitable release of RE ZERO HD, then ladies & gentlemen of the survival horror persuasion, we may just get our ticket paradise!

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

May 14, 2015 at 2:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

It is absolutely an enormous delight to bump this thread with the following anouncement, posted tonight on Capcom's official Resident Evil Facebook page/Youtube channel:

You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.

I would really love to see a restructuring of the original gameplay from both RE2 and RE3, keeping the original scenarios with a simple HD upgrade (not possible in the same way as utalised for the CVX upscale, but still there must be a method for arriving at the same type of result), so that the canon timeline of events are presented i.e. the gameplay starts with Resident Evil 3 and the Carlos gameplay & Jill vaccine section of Resident Evil 3 are then placed into the relevant section of RE2.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

August 12, 2015 at 5:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.