CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Lab Subjects

Alan Wenpei Mao

I just thought of a topic that I would like to discuss. Are there other notable lab subjects in the games besides Lisa Trevor or is she the only one? I don't think that there are any besides her, but I could be mistaken. Jill doesn't count as one. The two Uroboros test subjects have no names.

December 16, 2012 at 4:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Interesting topic, thanks for posting Alan.

Lisa Trevor is undoubtedly the most famous, and research development significant test subject, as the first being to successfully ingest, consume, and ultimately absorb the NE-alpha parasite that had been developed by Umbrella Europe (French labratory) as part of the Nemesis Project. She absorbed the parasite into her system, with the resulting change in her genome providing the catalyst for the G-virus, consequently becoming its first human test subject. She was also the first test subject for Progenitor, and during years of servitude, incarcerate beneath the Spencer mansion, was injected with further virus variants including the t-virus, and it may have been this cocktail of viruses that provided Lisa with the unprecedented ability to successfully absorb whilst co-existing with the NE-alpha parasite.

Lisa was not the only Progenitor virgin, her mother, Jessica was also the first test subject for a Type-A variation of the Progenitor virus. Jessica, as we know, unlike her daughter, did not successfully bond with her Progenitor variant, and she died that night, in 1967.

We also know of the human test subjects that provided Dr. James Marcus with the resources to perfect his leeches, and ultimately develop Progenitor ~

MARCUS'S DIARY 1 (Project Umbrella translation)

October 23 : It's no use! I cannot expect further progress experimenting on guinea pigs. If I do not use humans as the mammalian base organism, my research will be forever at a standstill.

November 15 : It seems someone has noticed my experiments in that part of the place....However, I don't care. They will "assist" my experiments if they become a hindrance.

N.B After this wicked realisation of the dependance his research demanded for human test subjects there is then a two month gap in his dairy entries until ~

January 13 : It's finally complete. My beautiful leeches!

We also know that it was the stunningly irresponsible disposal of these human test subjects that provided fuel for the Raccoon City outbreak, as Marcus used the Water Treatment Plant, beneath Umbrella's Research Center to dispose of his human test subjects. Those that suffered at Dr. Marcus's hand as his first wave of human test subjects for the development of his successful mimicry leeches may have been identified  in the following list ~

CORRECTIONAL FACILITY INMATES LIST (Project Umbrella translation)

・Matthews, K. Deceased, disposed and discarded

・Midge, D. Deceased, disposed and discarded

・Keith, W. Specimenized

・Savage, C. Transferred to laboratory

・Mitchel, F. Transferred to laboratory

・Lois, M. Transferred to laboratory

・David, A. Specimenized

・Clark, S. Transferred to laboratory

・Elena, J. Transferred to laboratory

・Kerry, T. Transferred to Arklay Laboratory

・Terrence, O. Deceased, disposed and discarded

・Kate A. Transferred to Arklay Laboratory

・Jerry, O. Deceased, disposed and discarded

・Scott, S. Transferred to laboratory

・Robert, A. Transferred to laboratory

Without these test subjects Dr.Marcus would not have had the breakthrough that saw his leech program culminate in success.

One could argue that the Ashford twins, Alfred & Alexia were catalyst test subjects for the t-Veronica virus program, not being specific subjects for that consequent virus, but for this initial intellect project ~

CODE:VERONICA REPORT (Project Umbrella translation)

Over many years of research, I was able to identify the gene which controls intelligence. I succeeded in manipulating the absolute value of intelligence artificially, by rearranging the nucleotide sequence of the gene. I manipulated the gene based on the great founder's gene and transplanted it into the unfertilized egg of a surrogate mother. Unexpectedly, male and female twins were born.

The unfortunate status of being another infamous test subject was the fate of this man that brought these two genetically modified twins into the world ~

ALFRED'S DIARY

March 3rd : Alexia carried out the experiment on the human body that we've been talking about. Our useless father must be happy now, since he can finally contribute to the Ashford family...

And this test subject status would continue down the Ashford family line, from father, to daughter ~

ALFRED'S DIARY

April 22nd : The experiment resulted in failure. Our father was useless after all. Even worse, he turned into a dangerous monster that is completely out of control. We tied him down and locked him up in an underground prison cell. However, Alexia seems to be close to a solution. Beyond all my expectations, she now says that she wishes to conduct the experiment on her own body. On top of that, she feels she must be kept asleep for 15 years in order to accomplish the experiment.

Further test subjects for the development of Rockfort's viral programs are alluded to in the Anatomists Note which references the perpetrator of more human research, and the Prisoner's Diary that references those victims of viral research.

That's what I can come up with, but I know there must be more for other residents here to identify & discuss.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

December 18, 2012 at 2:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

Thanks. How about the Resident Evil 5 test subject list? I recall that there was a list during the game in a cutscene, but did anyone record it?

January 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

There was only one list in RE5 as I recall and it was in Spencer's Notebook:

"List of Classified Information Access Privileges"

○Level 10

Oswell S. (Deceased)

Henning P. (Imprisoned)

Masaki T. (Deceased)

Jenny K. (Whereabouts unknown)

Carlos M. (Whereabouts confirmed → murdered after information gathering)

○Level 9

Brandon B. (Deceased)

Frank E. (Deceased)

Isabella C. (Deceased)

Greg A. (Deceased)

Lee D. (Deceased)

Michael K. (Deceased)

Ethan W. (Deceased)

But I thought those were the names of reearchers and other Umbrella stuff with vital information about certain projects and not test subjects per se. Okay, knowing Umbrella it's fairly easy to go from employee to test subject ...

--

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
When you're good at something, never do it for free ...

January 3, 2013 at 2:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

In RE5, before the U-8 boss fight, Chris is going through some names of test subjects before finding Jill's name. I was wondering if anybody have a list of it. And is there a list in RE Dead Aim as well?

January 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

The names on that list run by too fast, I could make out these:

Lina Kozya
Herman Ryti
Oliver Wilson
Tsuyoshi Irie
Toivo Canty
Steven Chapman
Julie Velle
Nadja Dol
Hilma Jary
Sonya Bubuka
Emma Brown
Kauko Pelli
George Lockmann
Rosa Kush

Some names look like they just put letters together to fill the screen but I can be wrong. Don't know much about African names I have to admit. I don't think that there is a full list anywhere.

--

When you're good at something, never do it for free ...

January 28, 2013 at 3:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

Thanks. Is Lucia, from Resident Evil Gaiden, a lab subject? Is there a lab subject list from Resident Evil Survivor?

Somebody should check it out.

February 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Alan Wenpei Mao at January 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM

In RE5, before the U-8 boss fight, Chris is going through some names of test subjects before finding Jill's name. I was wondering if anybody have a list of it. And is there a list in RE Dead Aim as well?

Frustratingly, Dead Aim details are thin on the ground, with a limit of available canon publications on this much over-looked & underrated series instalment. There is a reference to the requirement for a human test subject in the game-file Research Report #220329 which details the development program for testing the electromagnetic properties achieved by the fusion of the t & G virus'. But this is just reference to the need and not identification of the subjects acquired.

We do know of the test subject that tragically became 'Pluto', a condemned criminal referred to as 'alpha', in the game-file Experiment (Alpha) Log.

August 17, 2013 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Alan Wenpei Mao at February 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Thanks. Is Lucia, from Resident Evil Gaiden, a lab subject? Is there a lab subject list from Resident Evil Survivor?

Somebody should check it out.

As with Dead Aim, and other 'expanded universe' titles, there is a limit of available canon publications providing information on Survivor, but again we can take some detail from the game-files.

The Patients Chart categorises potential teenage test subjects & their suitability for Vincent Goldman's development project for a new Tyrant using a neurotransmitter named "β Hetero Nonserotonin, a chemical secreted solely in the pituitary gland of teenagers in the second stage of sexual development during states of intense stress or fear. Of the four teenagers categorised, three are progressed as suitable test subjects (WILLIAM J.SMITH, JENNIFER CAMPBELL, KARELINA ALBACHAKOV), and one is deemed 'worthless as a product' due to the discovery of a tumour.

We know the numbers of these teenagers is large, alluded to in Janitor Andy's Diary ("I heard a disgusting rumor... The new commander Vincent, orders the facility personnel to do savage experiments every day on kids brought in from all over the world."), and in The Factory Worker's Diary, which in both the official English localised translation and Project Umbrella's translation refers to prolonged days of experimentation on these teenagers.

Twenty of these teenage test subjects were slaughtered personally by Vincent as retribution for a failed escape attempt & their deaths covered up as a mass suicide (Vincent's Diary); some of these tragic teens are named by the leader of this daring escape plan in the game-file Young Man's Diary ("The guinea pigs seem to be gathered from all over the world. The guy in the next room is from China, the one in the front of my cell is from Brazil. The rest are Russian, Japanese... It's like a world trade show. Its strange that they are all around my age. The youngest is 16, and the oldest is 19 or 20.... Today, my companion Chen in the next room was taken to the factory on top of the mountain. Chen will probably never return. Jacob and Anna disappeared last week and had the same destiny... Enrique and Stojkovic will steal the keys from the jailer, Sankhon and I will cause a diversion, and Felipe and Yoshikawa are responsible for the procurement of weapons.") *Project Umbrella translation

Regarding Lucia, in Resident Evil Gaiden, whilst little is known about her, we do know that she was aboard the Starlight as a passenger, on her way to see her relatives in Europe, and later to become the only surviving passenger, having been rescued by Leon from a mysterious B.O.W. attack. She was not a test subject.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

August 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.