CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Dead Aim Theories & Musings

George Trevor
Site Owner

Often condemned to the 'spin-off' or 'expanded universe' sections of RE community sites, but Dead Aim is simply not a spin-off. To suggest otherwise is, in my humble opinion, to simply ignore & mis-understand its content & status. The narrative centers on main story subjects, with direct reference to the Raccoon City outbreak, and a potential cause.

The Spencer Rain setting with its 'The Shining' style sinister corridors, and its atmospheric soundtrack is pure survival horror on levels that RE5 failed miserably. The content of the files provides information that is vital to the series canon. This is not a spin-off, or a poor game by any stretch of the imagination. There are other RE games that don't even bother with canon files.

Whether community members agree or disagree with this, your comments via an MP3 for the next Project Umbrella Podcast, featuring Dead Aim, would be greatly appreciated. These can be emailed to any PU staff member { George_Trevor@Crimson-Head.com } and I would like to invite residents to post their Dead Aim theories here ~ 

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

April 7, 2012 at 4:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

Since I don't own a PS2 I haven't played Dead Aim but I watched a lot of it on Youtube. To me it felt like a genuine horror movie: the dark corridors of the ship infested with zombies, the brilliant music and also the interesting characters -- a great combination. You can say about Morpheus D. Duvall what you want, (s)he was a damn scary tyrant. I still have to watch the end of it so thanks for posting this and reminding me. Hell, one day I need to get myself a PS2 ...

--

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
When you're good at something, never do it for free ...
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

April 7, 2012 at 9:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Those residents that desire to delve deeper into the classic survival horror experience on offer aboard the Spencer Rain, are invited to investigate the Crimson Head Elder site article, analysing Dead Aim in fascinating detail, and including exclusive translations from the official website & developer's commentary ~

http://www.crimson-head.com/heroesneverdie.htm

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

August 17, 2013 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

Having read that article and enjoyed the translation here of the official scenario, I will definately check this game out as I have yet to play it, and will post my thoughts here soon.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

May 4, 2014 at 2:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ray Redfield

I've played Dead Aim, and it was quite enjoyable. Loved the aiming system in the game, allows you to actually aim for the head and watch the zombie smashed itself against the wall. The weapons are pretty nice, and the plot is easy to understand.

SPOILER : I think it was the only game that ended with the main character, Bruce Mcgivern, getting smooched by the girl, Fong Ling.. but yeah, we're off topic. Can't help it, I'm a girl, and loved those kind of scenes. :D

Back to the main point, I'd love to know more about Dead Aim. I've always enjoyed playing Dead Aim, from the moment Bruce stepped in. And it was filled with suspense in the air, and jump scares everywhere.  A true horror experience, and it actually disturbed me how much Morpheus resembled Sephiroth from Final Fantasy. A must play game, and to me, it was fun, and now.. I'm thinking of playing it again! :)

May 4, 2014 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Ray Redfield you mention the features of Dead Aim that make it an old favourite with many Resident Evil fans that preferred the minimalist survival horror of the pre RE4 era, over the big budget explosive gameplay of the post RE4 era. I adored the creepy 'The Shining' style corridors, and the insidious background sounds that give Dead Aim an atmosphere that oozes survival horror. It has often been criticised for being bland, dull, and un-sophisticated, but for me it needs no flare, fan-fare & polished graphics - yes it's not perfect, and there is much that could improve the gameplay, but it's a superior Resident Evil experiance for me than RE4, RE5, and RE6.

In a few days time, to complete CHE's 3rd Anniversary special, a site research article on Dead Aim, including information from our exclusive translation of the official Biohazard Heroes Never Die site, will be published here ~

As as preview treat, here is a translation of a Resident Evil Dead Aim review, from the old German video game magazine VGA from August 2002, translated by Crimson Head Elder staff resident fletcherc ~

photo VGA---Aug-Sep20030058_zpsb3d2808c.jpg

photo VGAeng_zpse09d56e8.jpg

--

May 4, 2014 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

I really enjoyed Dead Aim...I think it IS part of the series canon, wouldn´t mind seeing Bruce back for another Resident Evil.

May 5, 2014 at 8:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

Xarls at May 5, 2014 at 8:06 AM

I really enjoyed Dead Aim...I think it IS part of the series canon, wouldn´t mind seeing Bruce back for another Resident Evil.

Boy, theres no think about it IS part of canon.;)

But anyway yeah Id love to see he him back as well.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

May 6, 2014 at 10:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

I think Bruce would make a good field agent of D.S.O. (Division of Security Operations), naturally Fong Ling would be his partner in his two person fire-and-maneuver team.

Heck in the event Leon Scott Kennedy died I think Bruce would make a fine replacement for him as Chief Field Agent of D.S.O.

What do you think USS Command?

May 6, 2014 at 10:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

George Trevor at August 17, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Those residents that desire to delve deeper into the classic survival horror experience on offer aboard the Spencer Rain, are invited to investigate the Crimson Head Elder site article, analysing Dead Aim in fascinating detail, and including exclusive translations from the official website & developer's commentary ~

Residents trying to access this page currently will be asked for a password. The article is not a staff only feature, but currently being edited & finalised.

--

July 13, 2014 at 8:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

Yuan-The-11th at May 6, 2014 at 10:25 PM

I think Bruce would make a good field agent of D.S.O. (Division of Security Operations), naturally Fong Ling would be his partner in his two person fire-and-maneuver team.

Heck in the event Leon Scott Kennedy died I think Bruce would make a fine replacement for him as Chief Field Agent of D.S.O.

What do you think USS Command?

Sorry for the very late reply but I just notice you asked me what I think! But I agree Bruce IMO is better character, I'd love to see him replace Leon and be more expanded on.
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

August 4, 2014 at 12:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.