CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > George Trevor Survives ?

George Trevor
Site Owner

Whilst skeletal remains evidence the death of Jessica Trevor, and Umbrella's abuse of Lisa is evident for all to see, a body was never discovered for George. Canon, or otherwise RE Genesis only alludes to George sealing himself within his cell, but I believe the journal found in that cell which diarises this suicidal decision was a ruse, to throw his pursuers off his sent, as George faught on for survival.

The last diary entires in his Remake journal, and his letters within The True Story Behind Biohazard (31st Nov & 5th Dec 1967) also allude to death by his pre-prepared headstone - but again no body. The official statement from Umbrella was that he was "terminated" rather than "disposed", as with his wife. (Family Pictures & Notes) But his body was never found. I believe he may have escaped the attentions of Umbrella, evidenced by his un-dated letter, seperate to his dated diary, which alludes to an intriguing secret, in the back of the art room:

There's Something Handwritten. It's Not Dated...

Nothing's changed. I never thought that this room I designed as an experiment would pay off like this. I can hide here safely for a while, because nobody knows about the secret behind this painting. Not even Sir Spencer.

Painting of a mansion... In the back of the art room.

So a secret design, not even Spencer knew of, and from this sanctuary George fashioned his escape from the mansion. There is nothing significant to suggest that this was not his last diarised statement, and the note is not dated, so it may have been written after he stumbled across his grave stone. I would like to know what the Crimson Head Elder community thinks ?

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

November 27, 2011 at 3:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

Possible. Since that document wasn't dated George might have hidden back in that secret room until the coast was clear and then escaped. But where to? And wouldn't he have come back at some point to look for his family? Or at least to get revenge? George had been a famous architect and thus I believe he was quite wealthy. If he escaped the mansion wouldn't he have at least hired someone to find out what happened to his family?

--

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
When you're good at something, never do it for free ...

November 29, 2011 at 1:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

I too question the probability that Trevor would have survived the mansion, even if he had found safety in that art room. Maybe if that note was dated after the day he found his tombstone, I would be more inclined to believe he at least had a sporting chance of survival.

But if he did survive after hiding in the art room, as fletcherc points out, then surely we would have heard of his attempts to expediate his family's escape ?

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

December 17, 2011 at 2:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

I seem to remember finding George's corpse in a cell, in Resident Evil Genesis. So he is dead, and I see no evidence to suggest otherwise. Unless you consider Genesis non-canon, which I dont.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

December 17, 2011 at 3:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

I think that the possibilty of him escaping should be very good. he designed the place who better to escape than the designer. Chris and Jill managed to escape the place even when filled with BOW's so why not the architect?? I always liked the theory that he is the Crimson Elder in the garden. Just looked at my sig. The elder is wearing a suit and could possibly be considering wealthy certainley in those days. Nobody else is wearing that kinda clothing, there are brown suits but his is blue and makes me feel like he is significant. Maybe he made it to the art room and then out to the garden but was caught and looked in the dungeon then infected killed and the react brought him back. They didnt know what the hell to do with him so put him in a coffin and chained it up. Hell I like this theory why not??? I dont buy that he died by his gravestone there is a switch right on top of the grave!! That Jill/Chris manage to find in about 5 seconds what the guy who made the place cant see that? Plus no bones. Its bs I definatley dont think we know the truth about Georges death.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

April 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

BSAArklay at April 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I think that the possibilty of him escaping should be very good. he designed the place who better to escape than the designer. Chris and Jill managed to escape the place even when filled with BOW's so why not the architect?? I always liked the theory that he is the Crimson Elder in the garden. Just looked at my sig. The elder is wearing a suit and could possibly be considering wealthy certainley in those days. Nobody else is wearing that kinda clothing, there are brown suits but his is blue and makes me feel like he is significant. Maybe he made it to the art room and then out to the garden but was caught and looked in the dungeon then infected killed and the react brought him back. They didnt know what the hell to do with him so put him in a coffin and chained it up. Hell I like this theory why not??? I dont buy that he died by his gravestone there is a switch right on top of the grave!! That Jill/Chris manage to find in about 5 seconds what the guy who made the place cant see that? Plus no bones. Its bs I definatley dont think we know the truth about Georges death.

Good point that GT would have considerably more knowledge of the mansion that Chris & Jill, and of course would have been free of most the monsters that they encountered. He would however have had to avoid Spencer, and his men, who presumabky were more on the ball than the t-virus infectants !

Well the problem with GT being that Crimson Head in the coffin, released with the 4 death masks, is that the t-virus was not in existence back in 1967. That Crimson Head Elder was the first discovered specimin for that process, and was a proto-type entombed as he was due to this new discovery being of quite a concern to the scientists.

Luckily for George Trevor it would be many years before the strain of t-virus that causes V-ACT was developed, and so the fate of becoming a Crimson Head would not have been possible.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

May 1, 2012 at 3:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Maybe this is just a lapase in Capcoms timing or maybe he survived in the estate. Perhaps captured and kept in a room so he could be tested on like his family and was the first subject to be tested upon with the V-Act. I know its highly unlikley but its fun to imagine. If it not George then who the heck is it?

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RedChrisfield

I always just assumed that it was meant to be a little bonus excerpt. One that was just from earlier in his exploration of the mansion. It seems pretty clear the he did die down where you find that grave prepared for him, and they likely didn't consider the date on the closet entry just due to being a less-important entry from an overall gameplay perspective. It seems like a pretty big stretch to assume he faked his death with an elaborate apology only to suddenly sneak off and hide in there. 

September 11, 2012 at 12:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

I still think it odd that that one particular note was not dated. Or was it and it was just lost in translation? And why is it that this rumour of GT being the V-ACT creature resurfaces again and again? I know that I kinda assumed that thing was George Trevor on my second playthrough, but I can't tell you why.

It would be nice if there had been any real evidence of GT's survival. But that's Capcom for you: they don't  have a heart for side characters.

--

September 23, 2012 at 5:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

In Resident Evil Revelations, George Trevor drew up the blueprints for the three luxury cruise ships, Queen Zenobia, Queen Sermieramis, and Queen Dido before disappering. He disappeared in 1968 according to Resident Evil wiki's entry on Queen Zenobia. Are there other dates that relate to George Trevor in Revelations?

April 24, 2013 at 2:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

I don't think there are but I have to wait until May to really find out about this myself.

I believe that mentioning George Trevor as the architect of those three cruise ships was just a nod to the fans of the original games though. And it explains the similarities of some parts of the ships to some parts of the Spencer mansion from RE1.

--

April 27, 2013 at 3:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Alan Wenpei Mao at April 24, 2013 at 2:13 PM

In Resident Evil Revelations, George Trevor drew up the blueprints for the three luxury cruise ships, Queen Zenobia, Queen Sermieramis, and Queen Dido before disappering. He disappeared in 1968 according to Resident Evil wiki's entry on Queen Zenobia. Are there other dates that relate to George Trevor in Revelations?

Firstly I would warn against taking any information from the Resident Evil wiki, as it is often a mixture of erroneous facts, significant omissions, and much misunderstanding. Their obstinacy in accepting the Project Umbrella translations as an authority over Capcom's appallingly erroneous localization translations is very evident of their ignorance is bliss approach.

I agree with the above post by fletcherc, it was a wonderful nod to the Biohazard mythology, but referencing the infamous architect of the Spencer Mansion, in Revelations, is no more than that - a fleeting nod of recognition, but nothing more, in similar style to the referencing of a commission of said architect, by Alexander Ashford, to construct the Umbrella Antarctic Base.

George Trevor was missing presumed deceased at the date of the cruise ships construction, and it was his blueprints alone that were used to begin construction of the Queen Zenobia - these blueprints where left by him before his disappearance.

--

April 29, 2013 at 12:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CC

Here's my two cents. It may very well be plausible that George escaped. Given that he was an architect, I could see him somewhere, probably living as hermit (twofold here: as Umbrella is/was all powerful, one would have to go into hiding for self preservation sake. And second becuase of the trauma he suffered in that mansion. I think George resigned himself to the fact that his wife and daughter were dead.) As an architect - he's a planner. He could be somewhere planning his revenge. 

July 31, 2013 at 1:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

Oh I'm beginning to hate Capcom's faible for loose ends. And plotholes as big as the Grand Canyon. 

@CC: if he is indeed still somewhere out there with revenge on his mind he may be pretty much disappointed when he finds out that Spencer is already dead. Maybe one day Redfield or Kennedy or one of the other Goody-Little-Two-Shoes will stumble across a decayed body and a note, saying something like: "Damn, I've waited too long, now the old coot is dead, goodbye cruel world." And maybe they even find some architect-version of a doomsday weapon that Trevor had prepared for his vendetta. But most probably the name-dropping in Revelations is the last we fans have heard about the man. Shame really. The character had potential.

--

August 4, 2013 at 11:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I agree that there was deep potential for the George Trevor character, and he is one of many missing from the Resident Evil Zero we got.  Capcom certainly feel they have dealt with the conclusion to George Trevor's life in the mobile release Resident Evil Genesis (the discovery of his Diary by a skeleton and the suggestion that this is the skeletal remains of a Trevor who had succumbed to starvation). But I agree with CC, and clear evidence of Trevor's surreptitious planning is the (significantly) un-dated note authored by him that alludes to his secret sanctuary in the back of the art room.

--

August 17, 2013 at 6:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.