CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Lisa Trevor Confrontation

Alan Wenpei Mao

I was wondering how Lisa Trevor reacts around other BOWs. She seems to be able to appear in areas that are not populated by zombies or hunters.In the game, there seems to be no place where she is either attacking BOWs or confronting them. During her experiments, there must be some data on interaction with other BOWs. For example, pitting one BOW to kill her or something.

Also any theories on how she managed to get to one place to another that fast without confronting the hunters directly?

--

November 20, 2011 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

I always liked to believe that BOWs usually don't attack one another and that they somehow can recognize each other for what they are. I don't have scientific backup for that theory obviously but I can't think of any other explanation. And I just can't imagine Lisa fighting her way through the Mansion, slaying Hunters and Zombies alike. Chris and Jill would have come across dead BOWs on their way if it had been like that.

--

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
When you're good at something, never do it for free ...

November 22, 2011 at 1:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

Or Lisa managed to avoid them simply by crawling in ducts and taking other routes. This is my theory that I have been working on.

Also, she still might have confronted the zombies and hunters elsewhere in the labs and mansion where Chris and Jill haven't visited. I want to hear other theories on this subject of Lisa roaming the mansion alone.

Fletcherc, you are suggesting some sort of hive mind recognition, where all things that are part of the T-virus recognize each other and avoid each other, I think. Am I right?

November 22, 2011 at 11:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

Something like that. Maybe it's even a sort of particular smell that eminates from T-virus infected creatures that makes them recognize each other. A hive mind would be even more interesting but I guess then the attacks on intruders like Chris und Jill would have been much more coordinated.

Concerning Lisa: I doubt that with her deformed body Lisa was able to crawl through confined spaces like ducts. The rest is guesswork of course.

--

November 23, 2011 at 10:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Alan Wenpei Mao at November 20, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Hi guys. I have a discussion thread for you all. George please put this thread under a new section called Resident Evil Research. Thank you.

I was wondering how Lisa Trevor reacts around other BOWs. She seems to be able to appear in areas that are not populated by zombies or hunters.In the game, there seems to be no place where she is either attacking BOWs or confronting them. During her experiments, there must be some data on interaction with other BOWs. For example, pitting one BOW to kill her or something.

Also any theories on how she managed to get to one place to another that fast without confronting the hunters directly?

Interesting discussion, and one that I have pondered upon for many days. Umbrella scientists have pitted non-infected mammals with mammalian type B.O.W. e.g. Pigs being thrown into the cages of Hunters ( Keeper's Diary - May 10th 98 ) but I am not aware of two B.O.W.s being brought together for combat data; Umbrella tended to use humans for this (James Marcus being the catalyst for this level of degradation) - e.g. S.T.A.R.S members in the Spencer mansion. I think that Umbrella scientists would be reluctant to damage highly priced commercial goods !

But as to accidental meetings, they  would of course simply have had to occurred due to the number of creatures wandering un-controled, in such a small & enclosed environment - such as the tight corridors of the Spencer mansion. We see Zombies eating the flesh of other humanoids that lay on the floor of various environments in Resident Evil 1 & 2, but these may be recently dead humans with fresh flesh, rather than fallen zombies. Zombies in & out of Resident Evil law never seem to crave the flesh of other zombies.

Now in Umbrella Chronicles novel Side A,  Wesker is seen controlling the Nemesis t-Tyrant with cognitive ability, and it has been suggested that all B.O.W.s related to the same infection can be controlled with the mind via a human host ~

http://www.crimson-head.com/WEBPROTECT-umbrellachronicles.htm

We see James Marcus's leeches acting together as one, to form a single acting organism, but across the multiple sources of all Umbrella's B.O.W.s, from mammalian to reptilian, and plant forms - there is no evidence I know of that would suggest they can all act with one hive mind.

Lisa Trevor was an exception, in many ways. She would, I am sure, attack any B.O.W that she encountered, in the same way, that she would attack humans, albeit with different motivation (I don't think she would be looking for her mother from other B.O.W.s unless her intelligence had diminished far more than I am aware of). Any zombie or even the superior hunter would be no match for the rejuvenation abilities of Lisa, and I am sure she would have attacked them on site.

Hunters are clearly seen attacking & decapitating other t-infectants, such as zombies ~ The RE3 Hospital cut-scene, as Carlos enters the building for the first time, is a good example.

Lisa appears in areas that seem free from other B.O.W.s due, mainly to her superior intelligence ( gained after her consumption of the parasite ) - which sees her fashion 2 separate, crude living quarters, with secret adjoining passageways, that only she uses ~ the intelligence involved to use her trap door, located in the back of her cabin, is beyond the wandering B.O.W.s of the mansion at that time ~ remember, it was after this time that the Tyrant was released, and long before the birth of the t-type Nemesis, both of whom would have this intelligence. 

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

November 23, 2011 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

Hm, did Wesker show that ability to control BOWs anywhere in the games? I don't think so. And that was one major reason why I dislike those UC novels. I love the game (especially the Wesker scenarios, fangirl that I am) but I think I will never warm up to the novels.

But you're right of course about the Hunters attacking other infected creatures. So maybe BOWs don't recognize each other for what they are -- or they do and attack one another anyway. But still: if Lisa attacked other BOWs where were the dead bodies? Chris and Jill were bound to come across at least one or two of Lisa's "victims" even if she had killed the majority of her enemies somewhere else.
God ... it's been a long day. I can't think in English anymore. Hope my last sentences made at least a little bit of sense ...

--

November 23, 2011 at 4:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Hmmmmmm.....this is another one of those topics that can get confused by what is RE canon law, and features of the game that are just that - game mechanics that should be disregarded outside of the play form of the series. JIll does not die despite many players dying many times with her, and there are other such aspects of the game that have to exist by virtue of the story being told in arcade game format, yet have no relevence to the canon story. It also follows that not all aspects of the canon story can be represented durig gameplay. I suggest the many B.O.W.s that were inevitably killed from their unfortunate & inevitable encounters with Lisa Trevor, would not be seen during gameplay, but certainly did die at her hand.

I also agree with Mr Trevor's argument that Lisa Trevor constructed her secret passageway between her two 'homes' with an intelligance that other B.O,W.s lacked, and as the only being to use it, could easily avoid others, until it was found by Jill/Chris.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

November 24, 2011 at 2:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

I don't really see what this has to do with gameplay mechanics. It would have been easy for the programmers of the game to put some dead BOWS here and there to emphasize the fact that there's a special kind of BOW around who can kill Hunters and Chimeras easily. It would have added to the scary atmosphere in my opinion. True, they couldn't have thought of every little detail but saying that Lisa did in fact kill some of the other BOWs but we couldn't see it because of gameplay mechanics is a little bit too simple. But maybe I'm just not familiar enough with what is considered canon or not. I don't even know who decides what is canon or not. I take all my knowledge from the games I've played and assume that that's it.

I agree with you on Mr Trevor's argument. Lisa was far more intelligent than any of the other infected creatures and could thus have avoided the others most of the time.
Hmmm, or maybe the other BOWs were avoiding her. Maybe she just didn't smell right ... :-)

--

November 25, 2011 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

@ fletcherc - I mention game mechanics because I think this is the reason mostly for not seeing more of Lisa's victims. Too many corpses everywhere would clutter up the game screen and locations. Also I would mention there was not much time that elapsed for Lisa to bump into many BOWs. especially when she was using her own secret route between her 2 main locations. There are many bodies that should be represented in the game, such as the deceased authors of many of the REmake files, but are not, due to game mechanics - inc. cosmetic reasons, memory limitations, and the desire to avoid too much clutter on the screen.

--

November 25, 2011 at 5:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

Ah I see. I thought it would be fairly easy to put a few bodies all over the place when they're just part of the normal background or something. Heh, seems there's a lot I don't know about how video games really work.

I thought we've seen most of the deceased authors of those files: walking around as Zombies ...

--

November 26, 2011 at 2:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

Bodies in the game also disappear. In RE1, RE2, the body disappear when the player leaves the room and reenters the room. In RE5, the bodies disintegrate into goops and melt. In the REmake, if zombies are killed and if the player doesn't burn the bodies they become Crimson Heads. I am not sure if I am right about this.

However, another theory could be that the zombies and BOWs could be avoiding the routes that Lisa Trevor uses. They could be repelled by the smell or something on the routes besides Lisa.

December 1, 2011 at 11:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

Yes, the bodies of BOWs that get killed by the main characters usually disappear. But my point is that if Lisa was to be portrayed as a menace to humans and BOWs alike then Chris and Jill should have at least found one dead Hunter or something, brutally ripped apart, where they would've wondered about 'whoa, what did that?!'. As Dr. Marcus has pointed out that could have been omitted due to memory limitations but maybe it has been omitted because Lisa just avoided other BOWs. 
Personally I like the 'smell'-theory ...

--

December 2, 2011 at 1:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Alan Wenpei Mao at December 1, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Bodies in the game also disappear. In RE1, RE2, the body disappear when the player leaves the room and reenters the room. In RE5, the bodies disintegrate into goops and melt. In the REmake, if zombies are killed and if the player doesn't burn the bodies they become Crimson Heads. I am not sure if I am right about this.

However, another theory could be that the zombies and BOWs could be avoiding the routes that Lisa Trevor uses. They could be repelled by the smell or something on the routes besides Lisa.

Yes, the zombies not decapitated, or burnt will turn into Crimson Heads - the first proto-type of this phenomena was incarcerated in the 4-death masks tomb. However, this is not the case in Resident Evil 0.....now that is an interesting subject for a thread ~ Why no Crimson Heads in RE0 ? The main theory put forward for this I believe is that there was not enough time that elapsed during Rebecca & Billy's exploration of the Umbrella facility, but that has never convinced me.

As for 'memory limitations' I do not think that this is a significant issue for today's generation of consoles; slowdown is only caused by the number increase of the models in motion, and the pre-rendered backgrounds of REmake could have inlcuded as many corpses as the designers would have wished for, without affecting slowdown, & without worrying about 'memory'. I agree with fletcherc, a disembowled Hunter, at Lisa's hand would have been beautiful ! I just dont think the developers imagined this far, and it was their shortcomings in the detail used for Lisa's story, that is the cause of this anomoly of missing B.O.W corpses.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

December 2, 2011 at 9:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Alan Wenpei Mao at November 20, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Hi guys. I have a discussion thread for you all. George please put this thread under a new section called Resident Evil Research. Thank you.

I think we have thrown up some interesting theories but not really gotten to the bottom of this issue. I agree that Lisa had her own exclusive passageway that only she knew of, but was she that much more intelligent than the surrounding B.O.W. monsters ? I think the Hunters would have been capable of following this route.

Any monsters that Lisa did encounter would no doubt be easily dispatched at her hand. She was the strongest B.O.W able to sustain unrivalled levels of punishment.

--

December 17, 2011 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

Game mechanics cover most of this for me - she was never a playable character so most of her movements are un-seen & un-known.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

December 17, 2011 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

I just thought of another question related to this. Is the cabin Lisa's originally or did she managed to find the room by herself?

Maybe it was total chaos and Lisa just happen to wander into a unlocked cabin and constructed her home. Also, when do you think Lisa constructed her homes; during the incident or later?

December 21, 2011 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

I believe Lisa just found the cabin after she was supposed to be killed by Umbrella. She walked away from that as we all know. So while roaming the estate she must have come across that cabin at one point and called it home from then on. Or her second home anyway. It's really a shame that Capcom never shed more light on her character ...

--

January 3, 2012 at 4:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Alan Wenpei Mao at December 21, 2011 at 8:06 PM

I just thought of another question related to this. Is the cabin Lisa's originally or did she managed to find the room by herself?

Maybe it was total chaos and Lisa just happen to wander into a unlocked cabin and constructed her home. Also, when do you think Lisa constructed her homes; during the incident or later?

After the summer of 1995 Lisa was transfered to "some unknown location" {Wesker's Report II} after her vital signs were recorded to confirm death. As to whether she roamed the Spencer Estate sonn after her transfer, or whether she escaped further captivitu during the mansion outbreak is debatable. Considering the dannger she has posed to researchers prior to her secret transfer, it is unlikely that she would have been allowed to freely roam. I believe she escaped during the chaos of the t-virus sweeping across the Spencer Estate, and that the furnishings of 'her' cabin where mostly already there, as it was housing an Umbrella researcher already.

--

January 24, 2012 at 11:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Good discussion this to be completely honest it never crossed my mind and got me thinking of Birkin who was also infected with the T-Virus who also never interacted with any other BOW's. Think the same can be said for Nemesis? Or maybe I'm wrong on that one I'm pretty sure I recall Nemesis and some zombies all being down a narrow corridor cause I have the image in my head of him blasting some zombies away with his rocket launcher. I could be wrong please correct me if I am.

However if I am not then that is 3 BOW's infected with the G-Virus who are never seen interacting with any other BOW's. Theres two explainations that spring to mind for me. One is they would crush anything that got in their way which would be pretty damn cool to watch. Two being Capcom couldnt manage to pull this off for whatever reason having a boss and zombies in the same room.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

April 22, 2012 at 11:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

I believe this to be because of Capcom's habitual laziness. It would have been nice to see how BOWs reacted towards one another. What would a Licker's reaction be towards a Hunter? Did Nemesis just kill everything that moved (except for his main mission to kill every STARS member) or could he distinguish between BOWs that were a threat to him and others (like mere zombies) who were harmless? Same with Lisa really. I believe it would have been fascinating to see her in the same room as a Hunter. Would she just ignore it? Would it try to attack her? Would it know better and give her a wide berth? Answers we will never get from Capcom. Umbrella Chronicles would have been a good opportunity to delve a bit deeper into her behavior and that of other BOWs since it was dealing with all the events of REmake.

--

April 23, 2012 at 6:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.