CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > RESIDENTS CHRONICLES > Resident Evil Outbreak: Lost Survivors

TheOracleDragon

I wrote this for a Resident Evil Outbreak contest, and re-reading it again, I might continue it into a story. It has the original characters of Outbreak series (course) but so far I have done it with David and Alyssa. 

Gun fire echoed in the tunnel as moans could be heard as clear as the shots. A body falls into the murky sewer water as two sets of feet splashed through the water passing the body with great haste. Their heavy breathing giving tell to their current status.

Exhausted.

Around the corner a David peeked around the corner before motion Alyssa to run to the other side, she did so nearly tripping over some garbage. It had been an hour since they ran into each other again, they were separated earlier by group of Hunters. Thankfully they ended up in the same sewer, no more than thirty feet from each other.

The city above was in total chaos, the others were no longer in contact with them, hell, they didn't even know if they were still alive or not. Even though this thought weighed heavily on their shoulders, they were not going to stop till they reached the other end of the sewers. Alyssa reloaded her pistol even though she had a shotgun but scolded herself for using it as a shield against a Hunter swing. David held his steel pipe firmly in one hand, he killed a few zombies earlier during the Hunter attack so this pipe wasn't going to last much longer if he didn't find another weapon.

Screams and cries were heard above them, they knew for a fact they were getting closer to something dangerous, they prayed it wasn't another Tyrant. Moving once again they jumped down to the next level sighing in relief seeing a map on the wall across the draining pool but knew better than to swim or even get close to the ledge, they hugged the walls till they reached the other side. Yoko was knocked into the water one time with those froglike creatures, Kevin saved her in time too.

"This way." Alyssa said pointing at one of the tunnels on the map making David wonder why she wanted to go that way.

"Why that way?" He finally asked, he felt as if they should head down another tunnel but Alyssa had other plans.

"This is under 4th Street. It's near my building which means we are closer to getting out of the city, if the roads aren't too bad around here we might be able to drive."

"What about weapons and ammo?"

"I don't have much, a pistol and that's it." She said with a frown, David simply nodded and looked down the tunnel. "We better get going." She said drawing him out of his thoughts as she lead the way. "Have you noticed there are hardly any zombies down here?"

"Yeah…"

Within the long hour, the late hour of 1:45 PM. Little did they know that Raccoon City will soon be memory that would never be forgotten.

David climbed the ladder first at the end of the tunnel, lifting the manhole cover he peeked outside seeing a couple of zombies and three Cerberus'. He asked Alyssa to hand him the pistol in which he used to pick off the Cerberus', good head shots for his awkward spot. The zombies didn't seem to take notice of him or the gunshots, only that of those trapped inside a car. This allowed him to open the manhole and climb out as Alyssa followed suit as they ran to the apartment. Inside her room was at the end of the hallway making it much easier for them get around and moving.

David stood at the doorway after closing it as Alyssa hurried to her bedroom grabbing the pistol out of a shoebox within the closet, course she chuckled seeing David looking at his pants and soggy shoes seeing that he was leaving a mess on her floor. It was something weird to see David showing his concern, she never saw him act like that, not even when hurt badly. He always kept his cool but why he was acting like this was a mystery. He soon noticed her an apologized slightly as she handed him the pistol, it was time to run for the woods, another two miles from her apartment.

They were on foot again avoiding and killing zombies, a few infected birds tired to peck them to death but they were thankful they weren't at the zoo, it was a nightmare.

Before the two knew it, even though they were hurt along the way. The city outskirts was a blessing for them, the others weren't there. David pulled out the radio they all found before they got separated, he knew Kevin would have his turned on.

"Kevin, you there?" He called into it waiting for a few seconds before calling again till he got an answer.

"David, where are you and Alyssa?"

"Near the woods, West side of Raccoon. You and Cindy okay?"

"Yeah, we're leaving by helicopter. Found someone leaving with one."

"Any word from the others?" Alyssa asked taking the radio from David.

"No."

This worried David and Alyssa, their thoughts of the others being hurt was eating at them like maggots on a corpse. But they had to go, they had to leave, to live they had to leave the others behind but this would leave a grave mark on them but they had to live with in. Together David and Alyssa left Raccoon City entering the woods, they never once looked back.

Never once realized they were falling into more of Umbrella's twisted experiments. For this was not going to end without another encounter…with a man gone insane.

This was their only chance to live...David and Alyssa knew this and went together. They were alone...but with each other, they weren't.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

October 15, 2011 at 6:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Intense story ! I edited your post to include your artwork. Thanks for posting man.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

October 17, 2011 at 1:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

George Trevor at October 17, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Intense story ! I edited your post to include your artwork. Thanks for posting man.

Thank you, I'm writing more for this, it's a series, I'll be trying to start at J's bar and work my way to the woods. My friend made that for me. :D

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

October 20, 2011 at 5:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

Ah, more Outbreak stories. With shame I have to admit that I still haven't played the Outbreak series yet ... while reading this I vowed to myself that I will finally get a PS2!

October 24, 2011 at 2:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

fletcherc at October 24, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Ah, more Outbreak stories. With shame I have to admit that I still haven't played the Outbreak series yet ... while reading this I vowed to myself that I will finally get a PS2!

I only bought a Playstation 2 for the wonderful Dead Aim, and my Resident Evil knowledge was much the poorer for me not having played the Outbreak games. Dead Aim is worth me keeping this awful console, but I am still, five years later, trying to overcome the awful control system of both Outbreak games.....though the opening musical FMV is beautiful & stunning.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

October 24, 2011 at 8:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Interesting little Outbreak story. Thanks for sharing it here.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

November 20, 2011 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Any further chapters planned TheOracleDragon?

--

October 14, 2016 at 4:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

George Trevor at October 14, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Any further chapters planned TheOracleDragon?

I hadn't noticed this reply, I might end up writing more for this one as I adore Outbreak. :)

--

August 23, 2017 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

You used my very favorite Outbreak character Alyssa,nice! I like the atmosphere you conveyed here with her and David trying desperately to escape the chaotic RC. 

September 4, 2017 at 11:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

Have you considered maybe some OC survivors?

I had this idea a long time ago about doing an anthology of shorts about different people in Raccoon City during the outbreak, some survivors, some not. Never ended up doing it.

September 5, 2017 at 8:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.