CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > RESIDENTS CHRONICLES > Sticky: Resident Evil: Shane's Story

TheOracleDragon

Ch18 Part 4-

Wesker walked into the graveyard ahead of the men and on top of a hill near some gnarled trees he ordered the men to dig into an empty spot. Excella followed Albert trying to console him and he merely walked in silence towards a small concrete building at the edge of the property. Inside the abandoned building was a shop where half made coffins and blank monuments sat in disuse, covered in thick layers of dirt, dust and cobwebs.

Albert searched through them until he found an undamaged one with a rounded top. He dusted it off and laid it on a large work table as Excella stood in awe of his strength. Wesker walked over to a small bag of tools and pulled out a chisel which he simply pushed into the granite headstone and started carving words into it. Excella approached him and Wesker just looked up at her his eyes momentarily flashing red, “Go outside and make sure they keep digging. If it isn’t 6 feet deep by the time I get out there they’re going in the hole head first.”

Excella nodded too scared to talk as she backed out of the shop and went outside to supervise the men. Wesker bent back down and kept carving. After a while Wesker emerged from the shop and looked down into the hole. The men were just climbing out and Greg said, “Six feet just like you ordered sir.”

Wesker nodded, “Good. Go get the body out of the crate and load it into the coffin I placed next to it. I want it sealed shut and then brought over here.”

The men nodded and plodded down the path to the road where the truck sat. Wesker vanished in a blur of dark movement when he was standing next to the grave again he held the tombstone he had been carving next to the hole. Using the heel of his boot Wesker carved up a section of the ground in front of the open grave and planted the tombstone into the freshly gouged rut. He pushed it down and it sank deep into the ground. Excella gasped when she read the inscription and tears started to streak her mascara as she turned away before Wesker noticed her.

The men clambered up the hill with the coffin, stood on either side of the grave and lowered it gently down. Excella walked over to Albert and hugged him. Wesker unmoved told the men “Fill it in.”

As they shoveled dirt onto the coffin Excella whispered a prayer in Italian as the hole was quickly filled in.

After the dirt was smoothed out Wesker kneeled down and ran his fingers over the inscription that he had engraved moments ago:

Shane Wesker

Beloved Son

Excella was trying her best to not cry but she couldn’t keep her composure. All he told her during the ride to the graveyard was Shane died in a training accident but refused to go into detail. Craig remained tight lipped as he overheard Wesker say this since he knew the truth. The boy was flat out murdered by Wesker and Greg glanced nervously at Wesker as he stood there soon looking at the fresh earth he helped shovel. Greg knew they had orders to leave the compound and he was in the middle of preparing when Excella called them in to do this duty. He had overheard that, thanks to that idiot Irving, the BSAA was now planning a raid on the compound in order to get at him.

Craig looked at stone again and the fresh earth and he sighed. It was a waste, that’s all, a goddamn waste. Shane had become like a young brother to him. Sure he was obnoxious little shit but he liked him just the same and he considered the boy a good friend but now the he was gone and he knew Wesker did it. His gaze soon fell to Wesker who was doing his best to keep his composure as Excella plucked a wild flower from a nearby bush and laid it on the mound of dirt in front of the tombstone. She started sobbing and ordered the men to follow her back to the truck, leaving Craig and Wesker alone.

Craig stood for a moment making sure everyone was away and he said in a low voice, “Why did you do it?”

Wesker remained still, his arms folded behind his back, “You wouldn’t understand Greg.”

Craig was insulted, “‘Wouldn’t understand?’ Hell, I’ve been with you how long now and you still think I wouldn’t understand? Shit Albert, sir, you were there when my family was killed, I understand loss like this, but why sir? Why did you kill him?”

Wesker simply turned and looked at Craig emotionless, “Shane was no longer himself. The mutated plaga inside him took him over. You know that once its past a certain…stage, that person is for all intents and purposes are dead.” Wesker walked over to the tombstone and ran his finger over the top of it before turning back to Greg and looking at him intensely. “What would you have me do for the boy, Greg? Let him live with that homicidal parasite inside him? If it had taken over with you there instead of me, you would have been dead and he would have killed anyone else there that got in his way.”

Greg swallowed hard looking down at his feet, “I’m sorry sir, I really am, but I didn’t know about the plaga. I thought it was killed before you brought him out here.” He said looking up at Wesker again. “It doesn’t make sense, the procedure was supposed to have killed it… but how it lived through it…it…it just doesn’t make sense.”

Wesker calmly spoke, “From what I was able to gather, this was a new type of parasite, something we’ve tried doing to with our specimens but we’ve only met with… mixed results at best.” Wesker checked his watch and then looked at Craig. “Time grows short. We have to get back to the facility and finish evacuations.” He said as Craig nodded before whispering something as he left. Wesker turned back around facing Shane’s headstone once more.

There was so much he had wanted to tell him, so much he needed to say but he simply pulled a flower off the nearby bush and placed it on top of Excella’s flower before laying his hands on the stone kissing it quickly.

“Rest well my son. You’ve earned it.”

With that Wesker walked to the waiting truck, got inside and they drove off as the sun began to set in the distance. His mind focusing on the tasks ahead.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

March 13, 2012 at 6:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

-Chapter 19 - Final Chapter

Days after the death of Wesker…

Thunder rumbled across the night sky in a violent wave of sound and fury. As the cool winds of the storm picked up the rain fell like warm tears at first and then turned into heavy sheets like turning the once fine reddish brown dirt and dust into orange and brown mud. Where there were once dry, cracked beds of earth small streams sprang up and flowed into the wild grass and foliage of the plains. Lightning crackled across the sky illuminating the darkness momentarily and reflecting off the glistening water that suddenly drenched every inch of land.

The abandoned graveyard was silent save for the beating of the rain on the ground and long forgotten monuments that have been faded and worn from time and storms such as this. A rumble of thunder and crack of lightning seemed to announce the death of a cracked and battered stone cross monument which fell over and snapped in two in the untended grass as more thunder sounded not far off in the distance. Lighting flashed illuminating the graveyard as the torrential rain sank down through the only fresh grave in the cemetery. The engraving above the muddy pile of earth and freshly carved stone glistened in the flashes of light briefly illuminating the legend Shane Wesker before the thunder bellowed and echoed throughout the land.

The storm had been raging intensely for an hour and was drowning the land with its life’s blood as the facility formerly occupied by Albert Wesker and his crew had been taken over by the BSAA shortly after the bioterrorist left. Those that were left behind didn’t stand a chance against better trained BSAA agents and were quickly captured or killed in the brief firefight that took place before the storm had hit.

The whole compound was turned upside down as agents looking for every single bit of information and data they could gather. When part of the team came to Shane’s room their initial thoughts were experimentation since they found the mirror room, but it was unlike any other experiment they had seen so far in their operations. Special agents trained in forensics gathered biological samples from the room for testing and hopefully identification.

The training facility was stained with blood and clear signs of a struggle and fight. A badly beaten and disfigured dead man was being carried out from the medical labs in a body bag, the only thing that identified him as a doctor or lab worker was the torn and bloody lab coat he was wearing. He had once been Shane’s doctor, but that wouldn’t be discovered until much later after a tech expert breaks into an encrypted laptop that managed to survive the facility wide purging Wesker had done to the computers. The BSAA was thorough and would eventually uncover everything that was being done at the facility.

A BSAA officer radioed into the African branch’s headquarters speaking matter of fact as he motioned one of his men to hand him a clipboard, “Nothing here so far, just a few corpses. They knew we were coming.” After a brief pause he started speaking again, “We did find a few things which we will be sending to you shortly. All the computers here have been wiped clean, no traces.” He continued as the rain fell harder on the metal roof of the garage as the thunder and lightning rumbled and cracked outside. “No sir but we are certain that this place was fully operational, we have found a few labs and a few observation rooms but so far nothing else. I’ll update you as soon as possible.” He said letting go of the radio before looking to the radio man who handed him the clipboard, “Make sure security at the gates stays on alert, I want a Humvee with a turret at each gate. I wouldn’t put it past the animal that ran this place to leave some surprises for us. We’re going to be here for a while until HQ gives us the all clear.” He said as her turned to his second in command and pointed outside towards the other buildings, “Make sure every single inch of this place is checked out by the teams, leave nothing unturned.” He said as the man saluted and hurried off to meet with the other BSAA team members.

The guards at the gates wore rain ponchos that barely stopped the driving rain from drenching them. The men who were outside the small guard booth which only had enough room for one guard so the rest had to stand outside in the rain and those on the gun turrets on the Humvees weren’t enjoying it either.

One of the guards was holding a shotgun with his left hand while wiping the water off his face with his right. As he kept watch in the limited visibility he spoke to the guard inside the booth, “That doctor they found inside… The med guys said he was still human and uninfected. What do you think he did to end up beaten to death like that?”

“Hell if I know.” Said the booth guard. “Might have pissed off the wrong guy.” He said shaking his head before sighing. “Whatever happened here, let’s be thankful we didn’t find Uroboros infected asses.” The guard in the rain nodded in agreement when a gust of wind blew more rain into his eyes, he grumbled sighing looking around. “This sucks balls.”

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

March 13, 2012 at 6:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Ch19 Part 2-

-Sometime previously-

‘Have you confirmed this?’ A voice said on the other end of the phone as Shane’s doctor started to pace in the medical room, his one frail demeanor was now gruff as he smoked on a cigarette.

“Да.” The doctor said speaking Russian. “Yes.” He repeated in English taking a long drag on his cigarette before letting it out slowly before speaking again before tapping it letting the ashes to fall to the floor. “The plaga survived the initial removal process, which is a success on our part since it wasn’t discovered till they did a through exam of his chest with x-rays that it then showed up comrade.” He told looking at Shane’s file on the counter. “Everything went perfectly, no signs of being taking over until the virus was administrated to him, increased appetite and aggression.” He said taking another drag before sitting down looking at the pistol next to his papers.

‘What about the boy?’ The other voice on the end asked as the doctor looked at the file again.

“Terminated.” He answered calmly before picking the file up dropping it into the waste can while using his lighter to set it on fire. “Nicholai, I did not kill him, after our plaga took over, he found out and killed him. We lost both subjects.”

‘As long as we know our new plagas can survive is all that matters but losing the boy breaks my heart. Where is he now Pietro?’ Nicholai asked as Pietro watched the file burning away before finally answering with a sigh.

“Six feet under comrade. He took the boy from here to some graveyard that’s not far off; you’ll be able to find the site with ease and the grave. You’ll get his body, they didn’t do an autopsy.” He said and continued before Nicholai could ask why. “I think it is to honor his son comrade, after all, the two got really close as you predicted but I also saw that Shane was breaking him for us so he would be distracted with ease so he can be killed and harvested.”

‘Transfer the coordinates to me; I’ll come with a few men to collect the boy. You get out of there Pietro; make sure you send me your report.’ Nicholai ordered as Pietro looked at his laptop on the other side of the room before getting up walking over to it before pressing a few keys. ‘Got it.’

“Get out here comrade.” Pietro said hanging up before pulling out a USB from his coat and inserted it as the laptop soon started to flash warning of internal deletion of all files as Pietro watched carefully before smiling seeing it was done before destroying the USB and moved back to his chair finishing his cigarette while looking at his pistol. “So, it has come to this…” He said picking it up looking at it carefully before cocking it ready to aim it at himself before the door opened as the soldiers filed into the room making him stand up seeing they had blood staining the edges of their mouths, he knew instantly they were infected with the new plagas Wesker had engineered. Five men total all came in, the last closing the door making Pietro take a breath as they cracked their knuckles and necks as he set the pistol down before closing his eyes praying softly before looking at the men, he was going to die but not without fighting as a man.

But he didn’t stand a chance against five of them, one had already grabbed hold of him while the rest punched him in the gut and face, he blacked out after being hit on the head and never woke again as they broke his bones.

-Present

Lightning peeled across the sky in blue/white flashes lighting up the abandoned graveyard which had bubbling streams of red and brown mud rolling off the hill in bloody rivulets.

The rain pelted the ground in wet thuds. If a human being were present in the graveyard they might have thought they heard a barely audible scream briefly emanating from the ground followed by a muffled cracking. The mud on top of the fresh grave sank and bubbles of air escaped the depression popping violently the second they reached the downpour from clouds.

The rhythm of the rain was soon joined by a panicked thumping that seemed to make the depression rise and undulate until a single mud caked hand broke the surface, the rain cleaned the pale hand partially followed by a second hand and both gripped and clawed at the mud as a muddy head and shoulders erupted from the ground. A gasp of air was sucked inside his mouth before Shane raised his fists to the sky and a hoarse scream issued from his throat as lighting split the sky, his naked eyes glowing red in the darkness.

Struggling to escape the suction of the mud filling his former coffin Shane scrambled out of his grave and stood hunched over gripping his tombstone. His memories were a blur of images replaying the last moments of his life and when he felt the fist go through his chest. Shane’s hand spasm on the tombstone crushing and splitting the granite in his grip.

Photobucket

Startled by what he did, Shane looked at the chunk of stone in his hand and dropped it into the mud. Quickly he felt his chest with both hands and realized his wound was gone. The only evidence of it was the ripped, bloodstained shirt he still wore. Shane looked down at the tombstone he just broke and when the lightning flashed again he was startled when he saw his name on the grave marker and stumbled backwards, “What the fuck? What the fuck is happening?” he stammered as he realized he was inside a graveyard.

He didn’t understand how he ended up out here and looked around carefully soon spotting lights in the distance, the facility was not that far off and he moved down the hill trying to keep himself from falling and when he was on stable ground he fumbled slightly from not having walked for a while, his muscles were not used to his moving as he disappeared outside of the graveyard entering the darkness, he needed to hurry along and in the process he staggered slightly to his right before coughing again, trying harder to clear out his lungs and mouth of mud and dirt.

He could finally see the facility fully, he was home. There were men at the gate as well as a Humvee, he was certain that the guards would recognize him but the more closer he got, the more he soon questioned if these were the same guards he knew until they aimed their pistols at him when he was ten feet away from them, they were not the guards he knew, that was clear when lighting flashed exposing a large BSAA emblem on the side of the Humvee.

“Looks like we found ourselves a straggler.” Said one of the guards making Shane look at him before looking at the others. “Sir.” The guard said getting on the radio. “We found a survivor, we’re engaging.” He said as Shane looked at them more before tensing hearing them readied their pistols and opened fire. Shane saw the rounds and moved to his right and then to his left when they opened fire again, the bullets seemed to be going slow to him for some reason as he ducked and jerked to his left again. “What the fuck! He’s dodging bullets.” The guard snapped as the guard on the Humvee aimed and opened fire as Shane moved left and right, ducking and twisting to avoid being hit. “Oh God, it’s Wesker!” The same guard said getting on the radio. “Sir! Wesker is still alive!” He shouted into the radio as Shane stood back up coughing as he tried so hard to talk but he couldn’t and only gurgling sounds came out hearing the other man on the end of the radio yelling them to kill him.

--

March 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Ch 19 Part 3

Instantly the Humvee was started as one of the guards jumped into it making Shane back up holding his hands up slightly as they opened fire again forcing him to dodge left and right before taking off in a run away from them, stumbling in the process. He didn’t understand what was going on and ran as fast as he could hearing the engine of the Humvee roaring behind him and the whizzing sounds of bullets being shot past his head and body, his new heart was racing fast as he ducked covering his head as a few rounds went over him before he stumbled losing his footing and tumbled across the ground rolling hard before finally stopping after grabbing hold onto a stone. He panted for breath looking around the road before seeing the Humvee coming as its bright lights shined on his face reflecting in his eyes temporally blinding him as the flood lights flickered to life revealing him more as he got up running again fighting the pain spreading through his body before looking to his right seeing the Humvee up next to him and a shotgun aimed as his head, he duck just seconds before the gun was fired, the blast echoing inside his head as he turned sharply trying to hit the driver only to hit the metal door of the Humvee sending it fly sideways as it tumbled over and over as Shane slowed his run stopping watching it hit a tree before backing up looking as his hands, he couldn’t believe he did that but his shock was interrupted hearing another Humvee coming up the road forcing him to run again before sliding off the road down the embankment next to the river as he peeked over slowly seeing not one but two Humvees stopping to check on the first, he blinked a few times and vanished when lighting flashed.

He moved down to the water hearing Wesker’s voice repeating in his mind to follow the river, find the harbor, ask for Babu. He coughed again before holding his chest with his right arm as he jogged along the river holding himself as his ripped shirt moved against his soaked skin before he wiped his face trying to get the mud and blood off before stopping to catch his breath and soon made himself vomit as mud and stomach bile came out. Coughing he made himself vomit again getting rid what was trapped inside his stomach before panting and wiping his mouth clean before looking at his hand carefully, he couldn’t believe he was able to hit that Humvee that hard but he didn’t believe it was that virus Wesker injected him with. He shook his head and moved on down the river rubbing his chest slightly before looking down at it pulling his torn shirt out to the sides before tracing where Wesker had punched right through him, the virus did work but how long did it take? That was bothering him now since he was buried six feet under, they thought he was dead. But why?

“Keep moving...” Shane whispered to himself holding his chest again as he started moving quickly before crawling up the embankment slightly to see if anyone was out there, nothing was seen as he fixed his new glowing eyes on the road sign on the other side of the road, old and worn as a smile lightly appeared on his face reading it before looking up the road, he was close and took off in a run following the muddy road before slowing down to a jog nearing the shanty town looking around as the rain nearly had him clean of the mud. “Harbor...” He whispered moving toward the river looking around carefully before moving along the edge of the shanty town following the river and spotted where it curved before hurrying along hearing dogs barking in the town as lighting flashed revealing the small harbor not far off. With ease on the foot bridge his muddy boots leaving tracks as he crossed it slowly keeping on his toes as he looked around. “I hope he’s okay…” Shane whispered thinking of Wesker as he walked over to the small harbor looking at the single building there, he took a breath walking down to it and knocked on the door as a man answered it shortly, he was scruffy looking and a native of the land. “Babu.” He said as the man nodded walking out leading Shane to his boat as Shane climbed on as well sitting down on a crate listening to the boat motor coming to life as it blended in with the sounds of the thunder and howling of the winds, the pelting of rain on deck. He felt the boat moving and rested his arms on his legs looking at the deck before looking at his hands still in disbelief of what he was able to do, bash a Humvee out of the way and clawing his way out of his coffin…

-Moments ago…

The virus started to work quickly now reviving the blood allowing it to be smooth again before working on reconstructing Shane’s torn heart while growing back the bones of his rib cage, at the same time reviving his brain cells. The skin over his chest growing close as a faint beat sounded in the stillness followed by another and another, the new heart pumping for the first time, the revived blood flowing once again as the other organs began to awaken and soon Shane gasped as air rushed into his lungs as he slowly opened his gold and crimson eyes for the first time as they glowed gently illuminating the darkness as he soon coughed catching his breath before trying to move, his hands brushing against the plastic body bag making him blink a few times moving his hands up to his chest and pressed against the bag gasping at being trapped in a bag. He took hold firmly and pulled ripping the plastic open as he felt more air coming inside before trying to sit up but hit his head on something, he looked feeling with his hands to find wood and he felt around more and more as fear filled him.

He was trapped in a box and he soon was overwhelmed with panic as he screamed clawing at the wood trying to get out desperately as his new heart thundered inside his chest, he clawed at the wood so much that he tore away parts of it as dirt fell inside making him gasp and move slightly seeing he had been buried alive! He panicked and started clawing and pushing himself up with every scope of dirt and soon mud, kicking it down into the box. He held his breath as much as he could as he clawed at the shifting earth and mud till one arm broke through to the surface…

--

March 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Ch 19 Part 4-

-Present

He was shivering already rubbing his arms before sighing, why would they bury him? Why did they think he was dead? He didn’t understand and turned slightly to look at the water and soon stared at his reflection having not noticed the glow from his eyes, he closed his eyes tightly for a moment thinking it was from the lights the Humvee shined on him but when he looked back it was still there. Babu drew his attention and gestured to a few stairs leading down to a room; he made haste over to it, down the stairs and entered the small dry room that Wesker was once in. Shane looked around spotting a mirror and walked over to it before looking at himself to be shocked. His once blue eyes were now gold and crimson and glowing faintly now since he was calming down, he leaned forward looking at the slits in each eye before blinking watching them react like normal pupils do.

He was dumbfounded and could only mutter, “Holy fuck..” as he continued to stare at his eyes before looking down at his chest, the lighting showing clearly where Wesker’s fist tore through at before ripping outward, he slowly rubbed the spot before laying a hand there feeling his new heart beating inside his chest. It was a miracle he was alive and looked back in the mirror looking at his eyes. He looked like Wesker now besides being younger and a little bit shorter than Wesker. “I’m now like him.” He whispered before looking at himself firmly before clenching his fists as his eyes glowed more. “That fucking Nicholai is so going to pay for making that damn plaga.” He growled before punching the wall leaving a dent which startled him. Pulling his hand out he looked at it in amazement and then at the metal. “Holy shit…” He moved back and sat down on the bed looking his hand over. “I can’t believe I did that…”

-At the same time at graveyard…

A man in black military style fatigues and body armor shined his flashlight on Shane’s grave and yelled over his shoulder, “Sir we found it!” the other troops ran over and pointed their lights on the cracked grave stone. A tall, imposing man wearing a black leather safari style jacket, over a green turtleneck, black camouflage pants and thigh high leather jack boots walked over as the troops parted to give him easy access to the stone. The man held an umbrella over his head as he walked slowly in the breezy storm. His thick white short cropped hair barely moved in the cool breeze as he made his way to the grave marker. They stopped in front of the grave and his icy blue eyes scanned the name etched in the stone. The soldier who found it spoke again, “This is it sir.” And the man in the leather jacket nodded.

“Get digging.” Nicholai Ginovaef ordered in his low growl of a Russian accent. With the worst of the storm over the rain drizzled lazily as a small backhoe rumbled up over a fence and smashed across several graves towards Shane’s tomb and started digging.

Nicholai slowly walked to the other side of the graveyard and looked at the lights of the facility in the distance shimmering in the rain. The backhoe and two men dug away the heavy muddy earth of mud out of the grave until a shovel hit something solid and the man holding it whistled and waved the backhoe away. They quickly uncovered the wooden coffin getting wet and stained with mud. The upper part of the lid had a gaping hole in it. Uncovering enough of the slop in the grave hole to open the coffin lid completely the men were surprised to see the coffin had nothing but mud inside it.

Nicholai Ginovaef smirked and let out a dark laugh which made his men look at him confused. “He still lives. We’re going to proceed to faze Two.” He said calmly before ordering his men to get out of the hole. As they exited the graveyard towards the transport trucks down the hill Nicholai smiled to himself.

-With Shane…

Rain pelted the outside of the small cabin as Shane huffed and stood up again. He was restless now and moved toward the door but paused for a moment before leaving. He looked back at the bed and smiled to himself wondering how often Wesker might have slept here. He felt a strange sort of comfort knowing this before heading back onto the deck of the boat. Shane liked the jungle and the fresh smell of the earth and water around him. Still it was very dense foliage on both sides of the river. Wherever he was being taken was way off the beaten path but he felt ready for anything that could be thrown at him.

Shane scanned the jungle carefully, his eyes glowing slightly as he looked at Babu in the small booth driving without a hint of an expression on his face. The man must have been mute as well since he never spoke a single word to him. This was the first time Shane could clearly see the scar on the man’s throat now that his collar was unbuttoned. He was curious what had happened to him and who could have caused such an injury. After a minute or two of wondering all Shane could do was shake his head and walk to the front of the boat. He knew asking him would be rude and it didn’t seem like something he should try to pry out of someone.

Taking a hold of the railing as the rain pelted against his body, Shane blinked the water from his eyes looking at the dark river and jungle before the droplets made him squint to see. Suddenly the boat’s lights flickered on making him wince from the glare and curse lowly. After blinking away the dots he smiled able to see where they were going.

The dark water taunted him and he gripped the railing more not wanting to fall into its depths, he was holding so hard he was already bending the metal in his hands. He sighed looking up at the bending river curious what Wesker had hidden so deep in the jungle, a secret that Shane will uncover alone. Shane was hoping Wesker would be there to greet him. This and other thoughts danced through his mind when the boat started to slow down. Shane got his bearings and looked out to see Babu was slowing down next to a small dock and stairs leading up a hill filled with trees and a small pathway leading up over it.

After Babu tied the boat to the dock he motioned for Shane to leave the boat. Shane pointed to the path and the man nodded before handing him a black and white striped umbrella and then gave him a thumb’s up gesture.

Slowly Shane looked up the wet concrete steps; a railing with sparsely lit lights illuminated the pathway leading up the hill. Several of them flickered in and out as the wind whipped through them making a strange whistling noise. This sound combined with the flickering lights gave the whole area an eerie look and feel, like something out of an old horror movie. Shane steeled himself as he placed his free hand on the railing. For a second he absentmindedly rubbed his chest with the curved handle of the umbrella wondering what Wesker would say seeing him alive and whole again.

Whatever the case Shane started to climb the stairs, the wind and rain pelting against him as he continued to climb into the jungle, not caring what was waiting for him. Soon Shane reached the top and looked back down one last time at the boat which was all but shrouded in the pouring rain and cropping of vegetation that covered the path. Sighing Shane turned around looking at the building before him. The concrete landing had a perfect view of the river which snaked off into the foliage on either side of it. Shane liked that he could see this much up here. The jungle looked beautiful, almost peaceful from this height. Turning around Shane walked towards the large steel door set in the front of the weather beaten building. If it weren’t for the lighted path he could swear the place looked abandoned ages ago.

--

March 13, 2012 at 6:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Ch 19 Part 5-

Walking under a moldy concrete awning Shane didn’t notice the black plastic half bubble that was nestled above the doorway. Inside the plastic bubble was a cutting edge security camera, its blood red eye glowed and zoomed in on Shane, reading his facial features before scanning him with an invisible beam.

A panel flipped open on the side of the door startling Shane. A blank screen soon glowed to life as a file popped up with his name and photo on it. Green text blinked the words “clearance approved” as the door made a loud snapping noise and opened with a hydraulic hiss. Cool air hit and bright light hit him in the face making Shane blink and then look at the opening before looking at the camera again. He was curious about it but said nothing before he walked through the open door.

Unlike the outside the inside of the building was spotless, almost like a hospital. The smell of strong cleaners and filtered air filled his nostrils as the door sealed shut behind him. Shane blinked and folded down the umbrella he was holding. He looked around and saw he was in a small white walled lobby. Looking down he could see the old Umbrella corporation logo was on the floor made out of dozens of black, red and white tiles.

Shane felt somewhat uneasy by this but thought, “If this is where the old man has been hold up, it has to be safe, right?” Walking over to a small bench Shane put the wet umbrella inside an ornate umbrella holder next to it on the floor. It too had the Umbrella symbol etched on it.

Looking around he noticed there was another camera in the far right corner that was locked on him making him raise a brow slightly before looking at the hallway before him. He soon cleared his throat and called out. “Hello, Wesker?” His voice seemed to echo through the sterile hall as he called again. “C’mon, Wesker stop fucking around! Are you here or not?” Shane waited a few moments but there was nothing but silence. Attached to the foyer was a hallway which had two doors on either side and one down at the very end facing him.

Shane heard something clicking from the hallway making him look at the doors to his left and right before hearing the clicking was coming from the last door at the end of the hallway. A yellow sign with the words “CAUTION: Authorized Personnel Only” written on it. Above the sign was a small black bubble like the one outside. Despite the warning he was drawn to the door with the sound. As he approached the door, it opened. Shane walked in and was disappointed to see it was an empty control room. He sighed and looked at the large monitor surrounded by several smaller ones that seemed to show security camera footage from around the building, inside and out. The large middle monitor was blinking but not showing anything except a screensaver of the Umbrella Inc logo. Shane frowned in frustration and spoke aloud, “Where are you..?”

Suddenly a woman’s voice spoke from all around him, “Welcome Shane.” Shane looked around trying to see who was speaking but saw nobody as the voice continued to talk. “I’ve been expecting you. Please take a seat.” Shane clenched his fists looking for the source of the voice which spoke in a soothing monotone, “Please calm down Shane, I mean you no harm. Please sit and all will be explained.”

Shane growled, “Who the hell are you? Where are you?”

The voice calmly answered, “I’m called the Black Queen and advanced artificial intelligence based on the inferior Red Queen developed by Umbrella Incorporated. I was created by Albert Wesker to maintain this facility, serve his needs and the needs of any who share his genetics. The answer to your second query is I am all around you. Please, sit.”

Shane relaxed slightly and hesitantly sat in the comfortable office chain in front of the monitor. As soon as he did Shane noticed the small black bubble hidden among the monitors. Looking up he saw another larger bubble in the ceiling and another on the closed door behind him.

The Black Queen spoke in a soothing almost British sounding voice, “As I said I am all around you. If it makes you more comfortable to see a face, then please look at the large monitor.” As he did a super realistic image of a woman appeared on the screen. Her pale white skin was a shocking contrast to the long black hair that was neatly combed on her head and draped to her shoulders. Her eyes were emerald and unblinking and she seemed to look like someone famous but Shane couldn’t quite place the face. The Black Queen continued to speak, “I am pleased you survived and were able to find your way to this facility. When my monitors at the compound recorded your fight with the guards…”

Shane couldn’t believe how real she looked but his amazement at the CGI marvel on the screen was soon swept aside when his urgency to find Wesker made him cut her off mid sentence, “Where’s Albert Wesker? Where is he?” He asked again looking at her a bit worried.

She fixed her gaze on Shane and spoke matter of fact, “Albert Wesker is dead.” Shane was stunned as she kept reciting a casualty list, “As well as Excella Gionne, Ricardo Irving and all staff present at the following locations...”

Shane interrupted her again as shock made his voice tremble, “What do you mean dead? What happened to them?”

The Black Queen’s face vanished from the screen as news reports played across the main monitor as well as the other smaller ones. Newspaper headlines as well as Cable News anchors from different countries read aloud in turn things that made Shane’s heart sink.

One woman grimly reported, “Albert Wesker the notorious bioterrorist is dead.” A headline from a sleazy tabloid newspaper reads, “Bioterrorist Finally Tasting His Own Medicine”

An anchorman with a British accent speaks, “Excella Gionne, head of TriCell Incorporated was revealed to have been murdered by infamous bioterrorist Albert Wesker who was also killed during a classified BSAA mission off the coast of Africa details are sketchy but it has been confirmed that Albert Wesker and Excella Gionne died somewhere at sea off the African coast.” A woman said. “We come to you live from an impromptu press conference with BSAA Agent Chris Redfield already in progress.” The images all went mute except for the press conference which took up the large screen.

Chris Redfield stood at a podium surrounded by other BSAA agents, “…I can only confirm that at long last, Albert Wesker is dead after years of escaping justice…” He said looking at the crowd. “I can not go into details, except to tell you that an operation with the North American and African branches of the BSAA spearheaded by myself and agent Sheva Alomar stopped a terrorist plot being perpetrated by Albert Wesker which resulted in his death off of the African coast.”

Shane rested his hands on to control panel shaking his head. “He…he can’t be dead…” He said closing his eyes. “He can’t be, we weren’t done with training, and we were starting to be more of a family...” He said as few tears escaped him before he wiped his face with his right hand. “He can’t be...”

The news feeds stopped and the Black Queen appeared again on screen. For a long time Shane held his head in his hands until a familiar voice spoke his name, “Shane.” Looking up at the monitor Shane saw Albert Wesker staring back at him from the screen.

Wesker sighed and adjusted his sunglasses, “Shane if you’re seeing this recording then I’m dead. If you revived as I’d hoped you would Babu and the Black Queen were instructed to take you to my secret facility where you would hear my last will and testament.”

Shane buckled to his knees as he slid off the chair. His body went slack upon hearing his own father confirm his own death. The video stopped and the Black Queen reappeared on screen, “Do you require medical assistance?”

Shane sobbed hard wiped his eyes off with his palms, “No, no… this is just… a lot to take in… I’m sorry just give me a minute.” Shane wept hard for several minutes until he finally got angry at himself for being weak. Punching his leg he grunted and cleared his throat before forcing himself to sit back in the chair. Sniffling hard he spoke in a raspy voice, “Continue the video please.”

The video came back on and Wesker’s face looked at Shane icily and continued speaking, “If I am dead I want you to know that the only organization that could possibly be responsible for it is the BSAA and more than likely my most hated enemy Chris Redfield had something to do with it. Over and over again he has sought to stop me and he’s an opponent not to be taken lightly despite his… human weaknesses.” Wesker’s eyes glowed red behind his sunglasses, “Those weak minded fools… none of them could comprehend my vision and thought I was trying to destroy the world… but you know I'm not destroying the world, I'm saving it. This is why I had to work in secret with Excella Gionne on the Uroboros virus. It took me years to develop this pathogen which will bond only with those who are genetically fit enough to host it. Once inside their bodies it will make the worthy into a superior race while destroying every genetically inferior human being across the planet. With mankind cut down to only the best of the best genetic stock our race would be ushered into a new golden age of prosperity with you as their leader.”

Shane was choked up by the amount of faith Wesker had in him. He hadn’t realized how much Wesker thought of him until now.

Wesker continued, “Shane, the virus I introduced into your system has cost you your humanity but it has given you so much more in return. As you have no doubt seen your strength, speed, agility and healing factor have all been enhanced well beyond anything human. You are for all intents and purposes a God among men.” Wesker sighed and then continued, “I can’t lie to you boy, there will be others besides Chris Redfield out there trying to stop you.” As he said this, an image on one of the side screens showed file footage and still frames of Nicholai Ginovaef. Wesker continued, “This man is Nicholai Ginovaef. He’s dangerous and will stop at nothing to gain the power I have given you. It was this man who set into motion the plot to kill you back at the hospital and it was this man who has been trying to steal Umbrella and my research for years. Unlike me, his only goals are wealth and power. He could care less if this world goes down the toilet as long as he gets to push the handle. He must be destroyed just as Chris Redfield must be destroyed.”

With that said a small metal drawer clicked open in front of Shane. A sleek, black cell phone and a new pair of gold sunglasses sat inside. Shane looked at them and back up at the monitor as Wesker paused for a moment and then a voice is heard speaking to him faintly off camera. Shane immediately recognized it as Excella’s haughty tones but couldn’t make out what she was saying.

Wesker nodded and said, “I’ll be there in a moment, shut the door behind you.” Once the door clicked off screen Wesker turned back towards the camera, sighed again and removed his sunglasses. His cat-like eyes were inhuman but seemed almost weary as he spoke once again.

“I’ve done everything I could to help you in the event of my death. I’ve programmed the Black Queen to provide you with all you could need to carry on for me and accomplish our dream.” Shane’s eyes began to well with tears as Wesker paused and said, “Every father hopes his son will do better than him… I know you’ll make me proud… I love you son. Goodbye.”

Shane looked at the monitor as he stood up and touched the still image of Wesker, he was fighting hard to not let his emotions loose as he said, “I love you too Dad, rest in peace.”

After a few moments the Black Queen’s image replaced Wesker’s on screen making Shane clear his throat and sniff hard through his nose trying to gain his composure. On the right side of the room a hidden door slid upward revealing a large sterile laboratory room behind it. Shane snatched up the glasses and put them on before pocketing the cell phone in his shorts. Looking through the door he saw two white metal pods inside suspended on large metal arms.

Shane entered the room and the Black Queen appeared on a monitor on a stand between the pods and spoke to Shane, “Please lean towards the bubble for a retina scan.”

Shane shrugged, pulled up his glasses and said softly, “Never done this before...” as it scanned his right eye. A soft hum, a click and then a beep followed by a green light blinking to life on the pod to his left made Shane stand up and position himself in front of it.

Various equipment around the room seemed to be monitoring whatever was inside the pods and Shane could see that the heartbeats on them both were increasing slightly to a normal rate. The two pods were connected to a series of tubes that seemed to be aerating the bluish liquid bubbling inside them. Shane walked up to the pod on the left and wiped the condensation off the glass and was startled to see a pale girl’s face behind it.

She looked like she was maybe in her 20s as far as age goes. She looked peaceful as her long blonde hair flowed gently in the current of the liquid inside the pod. Peering over the edge of the window in the pod Shane saw she was completely naked before a pinging sound emanated from the nearby computer. An LED on the pod itself lit up and the name Sherry Birkin blinked to life. “Sherry...” Shane said softly before looking back up at her face. Suddenly Sherry’s eyes snapped open, their blue hue matching the color of the fluid inside the pod that started to drain. Shane backed up as the pod opened Sherry’s body was released from it. Unsteady she stumbled on wobbly wet legs as the contents of the pod spilled into a large steel grate set into the floor. Sherry coughed fluid from her lungs and fell forward as Shane caught her.

After coughing the last of the briny liquid out of her lungs Shane slowly wiped her face clearing away the fluids that were on her as she breathed in the cool air of the room. She squinted and blinked away the moisture as her eyes seemed to sparkle in the harsh light of the laboratory. She smiled at him as he gently did the same and said “Hi.” in a soft whisper.

Sherry smiled weakly and said “Hi…” in hushed tone. Their eyes stayed locked on each other as Shane wondered why Wesker had been keeping her a secret. Slowly he stood up holding her in his arms feeling her nuzzling against his chest as she shivered.

Shane picked her up and started to carry her as the Black Queen stated, “Please take her through this door.”

With that said a door at the other end of the room opened leading into the hallway where another door snapped open. Shane hurried through the door into the room seeing a few lockers, a small kitchen, a bed, a single plush couch and a TV on the wall. He walked over to the bed laying Sherry down on it. Finding she was already sleeping Shane covered her with a sheet and left the room.

When he got back to the pod room he spoke to the Black Queen, “Who is she, why was she in that pod?”

The Black Queen stated matter of fact, “Sherry Birkin, born January 1st, 1986 only offspring of Umbrella scientists Annette and William Birkin. Lived in Raccoon City until outbreak of T and G virus and escaped the city shortly before its destruction October 1st, 1998. Became a ward of Albert Wesker shortly thereafter…” The Black Queen stopped and then addressed Shane again, “Second Pod has begun revival process, Please return to the pod room.”

Shane hurried to the pod room and wiped the glass on the pod seeing a male inside it with reddish brown hair; he studied the man’s face before looking at the projection. The pod name Steve Burnside flashed to life.

Shane seemed just as confused by this as he was about Sherry. “Who is this guy?”

“Steven Burnside, formerly Rockfort Island prisoner 267. Subject was extracted from Umbrella Antarctic Facility shortly before its destruction December 1998 after being mutated by the T-Veronica Virus. The Mutation caused the subject to revert to human form and fall into a death-like coma while body continued to mutate on a cellular level accepting and incubating the virus much like subject Alexia Ashford did previously.” Shane seemed startled by the prisoner thing the Black Queen mentioned but he said nothing as the computer kept speaking, “Revived January 4th, 1999 but with severe case of amnesia brought on by trauma of mutation. Re-educated and trained by Albert Wesker February 1st, 1999 until January 28th, 2000. Placed back in storage for further testing…”

The Black Queen stopped talking as the familiar pinging noise sounded and the pod opened. Shane quickly caught Steve hearing him coughing and groaning. He mumbled what Shane thought was a name but he passed out in Shane’s arms before he could ask him what he said.

Once again Shane repeated the task of carrying an unconscious test subject to another similarly furnished room and placed him in a bed. The Black Queen spoke to Shane as he covered Steve up, “The subjects will sleep for roughly 8 hours before their bodies readjust to breathing oxygen instead of liquid. Please walk back to the hallway.”

Shane shrugged and walked back into the hallway looking at the other door that opened as white light emanated from it. The Black Queen’s voice echoed in the empty hallway, “Please enter the door.”

Shane took a deep breath and walked through the brightly illuminated doorway as he sighed, “I guess I can’t keep destiny waiting.”

--

March 13, 2012 at 6:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

That's the end of R.E.S.S. , Part 2 of R.E.S.S. coming soon! I hoped you all liked this first session of R.E.S.S.! :D

--

March 13, 2012 at 6:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

Good job, OracleDragon! Fantastic read. I've read a lot of those chapters on DeviantArt already and I also liked all the pictures Mike did as companion pieces for your story. In fact we should upload those as well here. What do you think?

--

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
When you're good at something, never do it for free ...

March 14, 2012 at 2:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

fletcherc at March 14, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Good job, OracleDragon! Fantastic read. I've read a lot of those chapters on DeviantArt already and I also liked all the pictures Mike did as companion pieces for your story. In fact we should upload those as well here. What do you think?

Thank you kindly, a lot of folks that have read it agree that Capcom should take interest in it and turn it into games and even into CGI movies. ^^ It'd be nice to share the images done for the series, but we need Mike's permission first.

--

March 14, 2012 at 6:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

I just sent him a note asking for his consent.

--

March 15, 2012 at 4:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

OK , with the author's & artist's permission we should feature this novel, together with the fantastic illustrations either here, or better still in my opinion, in a seperate section, to feature in our Site Articles section ~

http://www.crimson-head.com/sitearticles.htm

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

March 17, 2012 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Can do both that way if one reader doesn't find it on the site articles, they'll find it here and vise versa. 

--

March 17, 2012 at 8:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Part 2 of R.E.S.S. takes place shortly after the events in R.E.S.S. Here we start a new chapter of Shane's Story!

--

March 19, 2012 at 6:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

R.E.S.S. PART 2

Chapter 1

Facility 12 - 12:30 PM - May 7th

The place was abandoned and sealed off by high wired fences that pulsed with high currents of electricity, along the fences were yellow tape that read “DO NOT CROSS” in order to deter any would be vandals. Guards and BSAA Humvees were station to patrol the perimeter in which shifts changed after five hours, keeping trespassers away. The facility was still being cleaned out of all containers of biological components, BSAA recently discovered a hidden chamber loaded with chemicals and large containers of various plants that they knew were used for the Uroboros project; which was all hidden underground.

The day was normal, the previous shift heading toward the shanty town a few miles down the road, BSAA having established headquarters in the musty slums allowing easy access to the river to ship supplies and the removed compounds for disposing instead of having to use transport trucks for as of late they have been having issues with local militia, so far they had little to no reports on the river, but little did they know they crossed paths with Shane Wesker. At these given moments, he would strike stealing back what they stole, but so far he has only done this twice thanks to Babu’s aid in informing him of Uroboros shipments and with Black Queen’s assistance and Steve’s knack of being able to act like a boater, these moments allowed Shane to exchange the real samples with those of duds. Containers filled with water.

At the facility in the distance Shane observed carefully keeping his imposing figure hidden, he wore a S.T.A.R.S. style black vest, two thick handles of two kukri knives showed rising from his back in an X pattern while dog tags hung from his neck; slowly he took them into a black fingerless glove hand rubbing the name ’Albert Wesker’ on them for they were once Wesker‘s S.T.A.R.S. dog tags. His sunglasses that Wesker had crafted for him were European design and sleek as they wrapped around his entire eye socket allowing no access of lights or prying eyes wanting to see his new eyes. The sunglasses were custom made with gold mirrored lenses, much like the visors astronaut helmets had to protect humans from the harsh ultra violet rays of the sun.

Slowly he placed the dog tags within his vest patting gently before his hands rested on his black jeans brushing against the leg holsters on both legs which both held .45 Beretta pistols, a tribute to a man name Kevin Ryman. A light smile crossed Shane’s face as he looked at his watch, shifting slightly on his feet as his black leather boots seemed to beg him to show how sleek they were when he would run while they were tight on his legs thanks to the straps of two serrated bowie knives on them both of which were made for perfect throwing. Thanks to Craig’s training, Shane was able to hit his targets with ease unlike before when he couldn’t.

Soon his hands rested on his belt, the large silver buckle was of a Western design with a star in the middle of it before a sigh escaped his lips, he had been waiting in this position for the last twenty minutes for Steve and Sherry to come, they were needed to act out their roles of vendors course he couldn’t help but chuckle at how ridiculous they were going to look.

Slowly he inhaled the warm air the shade of the tree provided unlike that of the hot air around it, it hadn’t rained in weeks drying up most of the land once again as wild fires started to burn about the land. Perfect timing for him to fully get rid of this place, even though he knew they had been working on it for two month but the upside was that it was going to stop them from collecting anything else hidden within the place.

But his thoughts were interrupted as he moved more behind the senescent tree watching as a baying mangy donkey came into view pulling an rickety cart loaded with glass bottles that’s contents were of water, the left back wheel squeaking as the donkey pulled it along with two people following behind it.

He whispered “About time.” and watching the cloaked figures moving up the dusty and dead road before smiling and continued to whisper, “Time to move.” As he proceeded to move along the dry grass hearing it crunching under his boots, he was going watch the plan unfold, the first few guards at first gate approached the vendors and aimed their weapons just as the Humvee vanished around the far left corner of the compound.

Shane nodded watching carefully with his gold and crimson eyes that were hidden behind his sunglasses before whispering “Get ready…” seeing the two figures stopping raising their hands slightly drawing the guards over to them and their wagon. Shane whispered, “Now.” And took off in a quick black blur heading toward the gate, slipping past the distracted guards by sliding under the gate before leaping strongly to his left hiding behind the wall taking a few deep slow breaths listening to the guards questioning the vendors beyond all reason, it was the distraction he needed to be in this place.

It had been two months since he was last here, he could see how much the BSAA had ruined his old home, so many memories where here and now they were erased away like the tracks on the dusty ground, leaving nothing behind when the wind blows through. His heart ached seeing this place in ruins, the once fine soil was torn about from the constant moving of vehicles to and from this place; it wasn’t like that of what Shane remembered. Many of the old trees he once took time to relax in were gone, cut out for the transport trucks which made him enraged. The BSAA were ruining more and more of his memories, first Wesker and now his old home.

Facility 12 was making things hard on his mind, so much was being taken away but he was going to stand tall and take it all in. The guard’s voices yanked him from his thoughts, forcing him to come back to the present and look at the compound carefully seeing the agents moving around with their inner patrols and those taking care of hauling things from the buildings. With great speed Shane darted like a black mist toward a parked Humvee and crouched down instantly seeing two guards standing in front of it unaware of the threat behind them. With Black Queen continuing his training due to Wesker’s death, Shane had become a deadly weapon, one of Wesker’s dreams for him, but Shane still had a hard time killing.

Instead of killing the guards like he should do, Shane moved up behind them and smacked their heads together making a clack sound before letting go and moved his hands swiftly grabbing their belts and yanked them behind him with simple ease as they fell to the ground like rag dolls, discarded by their owners.

A small green dot flickered to life on Shane‘s cell phone before his ear piece clicked followed by, “How are things going Shane?” Shane ignored Steve Burnside and ducked down beside the Humvee observing the inner patrol at the door leading into the main building. Again Steve interrupted Shane’s train of thought with, “Hey, when are you going to let me tag along? I want to show how badass I am.” Shane focused his attention on the door before standing up slowly tensing his body, he needed to be quick since the patrol was tight and well trained. Steve asked impatiently, “Shane? Hey, you still there?”

Shane took a breath counting carefully before darting forward vanishing when the men looked in the direction he was coming from before appearing in front of them smacking two together before kicking the third hard across the chest while the fourth tried to get on the radio but failed to do so when a sharp kukri blade sliced the radio off the man’s uniform while at the same given moment gasped for breath when Shane grabbed his neck getting a perfect view of Shane’s face in which Shane saw pure terror spread like a ripple effect across the man’s face and he knew why too.

The only thing Shane could say to the man was, “My father says hello.” before forcing the man into unconsciousness and discarding him behind a mass of dry grass, Shane looked toward the door remembering many times of coming out through that very entrance and now it was marked with a BSAA sticker and posting. Bitterness welled up inside him, so much of this was going to be taken out on those agents soon enough and he proceeded inside with hate not wanting to stick around any longer in the blazing sunlight.

When the door closed behind him, Shane took a deep breath and scanned the hallway carefully and intently before walking forward listening to every single sound he could find; voices, radio chatter the air conditioning, footsteps and that of his own. Sheathing his kukri back onto his back, Shane moved quickly keeping as silent as possible, this mission wasn’t about killing the agents of the BSAA, but to get rid of what was left within the place. Black Queen had informed him about the BSAA uncovering the sublevels of the compound and they were extracting samples and B.O.W.S this was not something he was gong to let them get away with, not after what Wesker wanted.

Peering down a joining hallway, he was able to see some men getting into plastic and rubber Hazmat suits making him evermore curious where this elevator or stairs were at. With ease he pressed himself against the wall listening soon tapping his phone while saying, “Black Queen, give me directions to the elevator.” before checking the hallway while making a fist. “They will pay dearly...” He whispered before waiting for a reply from the Black Queen.

Black Queen spoke, “That corridor leads down to it, get past those agents and proceeded forward.” as Shane looked down the hallway again and backs down his own hall. “There are no patrols in that general area Shane, be with haste, two of them have radios.” And she need not say anymore as Shane soon darted down the hallway startling two of the five men that were there, teeth clenched Shane fought the urges to kill them as he bashed them about quickly, taking the two with the radios out first while proceeding with the onslaught with the other three. This small battle lasted a few seconds as Shane took a few slow and deep breaths calming himself down as his eyes glowed faintly showing he was getting excited.

There was at times Steve and Sherry would joke at him about when he got excited, always his eyes would glow until they were fully ablaze like that of a demon. Then Shane would tell them about Wesker’s and how he enjoyed his new eyes, even though at times it still made him in awe that he had his father’s eyes.

But now was not the time to be thinking of this, Shane knew that and discarded it back to the pile within his mind; not before he leaned against the wall having Black Queen say, “Do you need medical assistance.” which made him shake his head no, knowing she was watching him through the security cameras. There were at times his emotional state would get to him, these times were hard on him and Black Queen could only do so little for him whereas Sherry made him feel better since she was always comforting unlike Steve who would constantly joke and annoy the hell out of him.

Ever since he woke up from his deathly slumber, never once did he feel any negative effects of the virus inside him, unlike Wesker who had to take shots, with Shane, there was nothing but power. This often left him wondering if it was changed and manipulated or his body changed it, hell, maybe even that hybrid plaga that was once inside him possibly changed the virus considering how long he was asleep. But whatever the case was, his new gifts still were hard for him to get used to but Black Queen was helping him adapt through training all set up by Wesker himself, even the old man needed to be on his toes.

Shaking his head free of thinking, Shane momentarily glanced at the humans on the floor before moving down the hallway following Black Queen’s instructions to the letter; edginess was still there in Shane’s body, whatever was causing it was going to be revealed as he soon found the elevator. It was the elevator, the one thing he hated the most and Wesker knew that since that one day at the asylum.

Curses slipped through Shane’s mind as he licked his lips nervously hearing Black Queen ask, “Is something wrong Shane?” but he wasn’t going to answer it, no he wasn’t. Hands were shaking now as he entered pressing the down button as soon as he turned around and after that he gripped the railing watching the doors close and more so when he felt the elevator move. His eyes were shut tightly as his heart raced feeling the elevator still moving downward which slipped a drop of panic into his body making him wonder more and more how far down the shaft was, would he be able to escape if the cables broke? So many questions soared through his mind that he failed to pay attention when the doors opened before him.

A soft voice spoke softly, “Shane, sweetie, is something wrong?” which drew him out of his panic and back into reality as his eyes opened. “Shane?” the voice asked again which made him smile slightly before tapping his ear piece.

Shane took a deep breath and whispered, “I’m fine Sherry, thanks for being concerned.” And he then proceeded forward. “I’ll be out shortly once I get the bomb activated and…” His voice soon trailed off as he saw two bodies of BSAA agents on the floor covered in blood and black ooze making him look around instantly before kneeling down studying the wounds. “Fuck…” was the only word Shane could manage before hearing gunfire from the chamber before him followed by screams.

Suddenly from speakers hidden in the ceiling all around him a robotic female voice started speaking over a sudden blaring alarm, “Warning! Biohazard detected. All personnel and guards are to evacuate Level B7! Warning! Biohazard detected. All personnel and guards are to evacuate Level B7.” Suddenly a man’s voice crackled over the PA system, “Containment teams report to level B7 immediately! This is not a drill; I repeat this is not a drill! All other personnel must evacuate the facility and remain at your designated emergency posts immediately. Once again this is not a drill!”

The recording kept playing its warning as the man’s voice drowned it out over the PA system repeating his orders to the personnel in the facility. Shane raised a puzzled brow and waited for the Black Queen to respond but she was silent. Shane knew that if alarms were going off like this something bad must be happening in this lab. As he moved forward he couldn’t help wonder what the hell could be going on in this laboratory to cause this much chaos.

--

March 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

(Don't forget readers to check out the R.E.S.S. artworks! http://www.crimson-head.com/apps/forums/topics/show/7394691-re-shane-s-story-art-by-wondermanrules-  )

--

April 1, 2012 at 4:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

If anyone is interested in asking me questions about R.E.S.S. series, feel free to PM me so I can answer them! :D

--

April 6, 2012 at 6:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

Hey, I just noticed I didn't leave a comment on your last update. But I think you know how everyone here appreciates the fact that you feature this story here :D ... Keep up the good work.

Oh and by the way: I would totally shit my pants if I was ever in some building and suddenly “Warning! Biohazard detected. All personnel and guards are to evacuate Level B7! Warning! Biohazard detected. All personnel and guards are to evacuate Level B7.” would come blaring from every speaker!  ... ;-)
But heh, I'm not Shane, eh?

--

April 7, 2012 at 2:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Hahah, thank you Fletcher! Thank you to everyone liking the story. Mike is helping me a lot with seires visuals, hopefully I'll be able to commission him with a boss scene that Shane will be encountering in Ch 7 or 8 sometime here in the future. Already have Part 3 (R.E.S.S. 3) planned out so far. :D

--

April 8, 2012 at 2:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

R.E.S.S. 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A loud voice shouted, “Move! Move!” forcing Shane to hide behind a large metal crate ignoring the TriCell emblem on the side of it as he watched three men running for their lives toward the elevator and he clearly saw one was wounded badly having one member run back to help him inside moments before the doors closed allowing Shane to take a breath of peace knowing he did not have to engage those men. Rising slowly he moved around the crate still puzzled as to what was loose inside this lab but he wasn’t going to pay attention to it as he drew one of his .45s and readied it as he moved slowly checking the doors and peering through the windows into the operations rooms and experimental rooms to only shake his head in disbelief he did not know this was here.

All of this was going on while he lived here two months ago, but not knowing made him a bit edgy as he wondered if Wesker experimented on him as he slept or when they put him to sleep at those times. Slowly he rubbed his throat remembering those few times when Wesker had him in the headlock, forcing the blood and air to be cut off which made him black out. God, how many times Wesker did that to him, the one he hated the most was the day he stole the dirt bike. Once again his thoughts were jolted from him as he aimed his gun before him seeing a BSAA agent in full Hazmat attire fumbling from one of the corners, his yellow suit was ripped, black ooze and slime dripped off him as did the pure red life blood. Whatever was down here showed no mercy as Shane watched him collapse to the floor dead but his body convulsed having him shake his head and move forward in full caution.

Poking the man with his foot keeping his .45 aimed at the man’s back, Shane received no response at first until he saw the ooze inside the suit was still moving around, like gelatinous snakes. He trained his gun on the ooze covered man as he sprinted past him before the black goo decided it wanted a piece of him.

But he had to tell himself to keep on edge, this was from a B.O.W. and he was positive it wasn’t far off. When gun fire erupted just down the hallway where this man came from, Shane was startled only for a fragment as he rose drawing the same .45 out and moved. Screams and more gunshots quickened his pace down the once white corridor. He had little time to read the signs but he realized finally where he was and what might actually be down here. When he got the room with the sign Containment Room in red and black lettering above the door Shane slowed down and stopped in front of the door.

The door was electronic and there was a glass window next to the door, without the proper keycard Shane was only able to peek inside. His eyes darted about the room seeing three agents already slain before seeing the fourth reloading his assault rifle, there was little Shane could do to help as he watched the man get grabbed by something long and black, slithering like worms as it hurled the human against the glass causing a loud thumb to echo in the hallway and in Shane’s mind. Gazing around the corner of the thick glass, he was only able to catch the arm dragging the dying human out of view, whatever it was, it was big.

Checking the card reader, Shane growled seeing he needed a Level 2 access card, which he did not have on his person making him curse lowly as he said “Black Queen, I need to find a key card, any idea of where to look?” but when there was no response after a few seconds, Shane was angry and pulled out his cell phone noticing there was nothing, no service, no contact. He was practically cut off and in another tomb, five hundred feet underground.

A hard sigh escaped him as he kicked the wall denting it which drew his full attention to two things: His foot and the door. But another thought passed his mind, him unable to kick the door open which would result it in jamming when he did find the card. A low curse left Shane’s throat skipping across his lips, “Shitty fuck.” as he pulled out his cell phone once again trying to bring up a map of this laboratory only to have nothing in his files, he growled this time at how Black Queen sent him down here blind but he had to consider that he did not notice any cameras so that would be an answer to part of the question. He knew now he needed to find a map and some key card to the Containment Room, which was where he needed to go since that was where he saw the creature that needed to be terminated plus with his searching, he would need to find the control room to access the bomb.

Holstering his .45 once again Shane moved forward eyeing his surroundings, most of the doors he had seen were sealed shut to prevent the spreading of the contamination, there was one room he managed to snag a first aid spray which stirred his thoughts of Kristoff and Stan from Raccoon City. So many times he dreamed about that day after the attack with that Hunter, he often wondered if the two men were still alive and if so, would they recognize him?

Clearing his thoughts once again with his objective, he forced himself to search harder till he found one of the security check points around the next corner and smiled in bliss seeing a computer with a map of this laboratory. The old leather chair squeaked as he took a seat upon it and chuckled lightly thinking of Wesker sitting on a chair like this and barking out orders like a true boss man. Moving closer to the panels and buttons, his eyes scanned the labeling finding one he needed to find and pressed it as his attention turned to a monitor.

The live feed showed a few BSAA agents trying to get out of a locked room, another showed bodies, empty halls and dead bodies, only one time did he catch sight of the creature that writhed like worms trying to escape a bait can but it was only half there making him curse lowly once again as the feed soon cut out having him say “Damn.” before shaking his head. He returned to the computer finding a USB port, smiling he connected his phone to it allowing him easy access into the place and the computers.

Watching the screen light up with a DOWNLOADING icon blinking a sighed left his lips and his eyes closed. He wasn’t worried about whatever was loose down here, hell; he didn’t feel the need to flee like the agents. Whatever it was, Shane knew he would be able to handle it with ease but he was still getting use to his new strengths and abilities, but that was stopped when the download was complete as a single beep was emitted from it.

Taking the phone back he scanned through the files and data, Uroboros testing and storage was down here according to one file and at the bottom a smile appeared on Shane’s face seeing Wesker’s signature on the bottom of the document. Another memento from the old man that he would cherish, a heavy sigh escaped him as he lowered the phone and his head. His body heaved as he spoke in a raspy whisper “I miss you so much Dad.” before pulling his sunglasses off to wipe his eyes free of tears but he couldn’t stop himself as a few fell to the floor and he cursed lowly at his weakness and that of Chris Redfield.

Shane needed to calm down and tried calling Sherry but the signal was cut due to how far underground he was having him say “Damn, I better hope those two will be alright without contact with me.” as he soon wiped his face and continued “Black Queen better be right about this bomb location.” in a whisper slipping his sunglasses back on as he stood up checking the map as it showed which doors were locked. His fingers glided over the map and lightly tapped the largest section on it as it started to blink, that was the location he needed to go to.

Checking the area he was in again, he found an access card, Level 3. It wasn’t Level 2 but he knew he would eventually find that card and gain access to the other rooms but he wondered now about that large room, according to the mapping scale it was fairly large and possibly contained many items but he would find out once he reached there. Moving again from his position, Shane took caution with every step he took drawing one of his .45s again, he couldn’t help his feelings, his senses were going nuts with him, there was danger somewhere close to his position now and he made haste with his walking toward every door he saw, a few were locked while others were jammed shut making him growl not able to access them without drawing attention to himself when he was in a position he didn’t want.

The man over the PA kept barking out orders and the current condition the labs were in, course the more Shane looked around the more he grew closer to where that man was. When he swiped the Level 3 card into another slot he entered aiming his .45 at an agent standing in the far corner aiming the assault rifle at him, the man was scared shitless and opened fire as Shane dodged to his right as the bullets hit the wall outside of the room forcing him to fire at the man nailing him in the shoulders after firing two shots, it was just enough to disable the agent into dropping his rifle which allowed Shane time to walk over and hit the man across the face hard knocking him out cold before shaking his head and saying “Dumb ass.”

Shane looked about the room and soon shook that search off and checked the man out finding the Level 2 access card making him smile and chuckle “Thank you.” as he picked the man and darted back to the elevator dropping the agent off at the doors before sighing “I’m not going to kill you or let you get killed, after all..” he whisper crouching down while continuing “…even I have to say hello to the world.” he smiled patting the agent on the head before hurrying off to unlock the other doors to searching for the Level 1 access card.

What seemed to amuse him, besides the fact that everyone in here was being hunted by a monster, was the fact there were a few puzzles for him to solve: finding the access code in scattered documents, assorting a puzzle on a key pad. Whoever made these puzzles really enjoyed it since it made Shane had to double around locations just to find the answers and clues. By the time he reached the large room he sighed listening to the stillness of the place before leaning against the cold white metal door as his eyes scanned the area.

Shane hadn’t heard a single sound in ten minutes and he was behind on his mission, the damn puzzles and key cards were delaying him and he knew those outside he had knocked out would surely have been found or awakened by now which agitated him to no end. Shaking his head he swiped the key card and watched the door open but he paused seeing large thick black cables on the floor and when he entered he stood staring at six long rows of large glass test tubes housing large blobs of flesh melded with clear plastic tubing and wires.

Whatever was going on down here really disturbed him as he moved slowly never noticing the large black blob in the far left corner, his attention was focused on the glass tubes before catching sight of the master computer making him moved toward it quickly while watching where he stepped so to not trip over any of the black wires that intertwined together like snakes.

Reaching the control panels and computer, he scanned the images and paused as is asked for a username and password, he never knew what they were and shook his head before saying “Shit.” as he pulled out his phone hooking it up before looking over his right shoulder quickly believing he had heard something but his eyes detected no movement and he went back to work allowing Black Queen to access the computer for him but his attention was once again turned to that of behind him making his senses flare as he drew one of his .45s aiming down the walkway between the glass tubes and proceeded forward checking left and right till he stood in the middle of them not seeing anything.

Shane sighed in relief as he whispered “Just my nerves.” a second before something dropped onto his gun drawing his attention instantly to the black writhing wormlike thing making him shake it off quickly as he stomped down onto it only to freeze and look up slowly at the ceiling seeing a large black slimy and writhing creature making him rush forward just before it fell right where he once stood and he knew instantly what it was. “Uroboros.”

This is what the agents were screaming and firing at, this was the thing the warning system announced and now it was before him, separating him from the control panel. His eyes were locked on it while his legs forced his body to back up; his ears picked a familiar ding of his phone telling him he now had access. Taking a brisk breath into his lungs, his heart quickened in pace as he bolted to his right going around the units and toward the panel as Uroboros began to turn around, when Shane noticed he felt panic slipping into his mind but he kept his cool working as fast as he could to arm the bomb before feeling something wrap around his legs and jerk him hard causing his chin to smack off the control panel and then onto the hard metal floor which resulted in flashes of white light to occur in his mind. Regaining his awareness quickly he drew his .45 opening fire blindly behind himself hitting Uroboros making it let him go just long enough he hit enter and grabbed his phone.

He smiled hearing “The self destruction sequence has been activated, all personal evacuate immediately.” just moments before Uroboros smashed the control panel forcing Shane to jump backwards and aim his gun hearing the machine voice repeating the warning loudly before announcing “Five minutes to self detonation.” which made him smile before bolting toward the door knowing he would be out of there before it would explode, erasing everything that was down here but he cursed lowly seeing the last few remaining alive BSAA agents fleeing toward the elevator dragging their unconscious ally into it and proceeded upward leaving him in the pit with Uroboros.

Turning around quickly he drew his second .45 and aimed it as his eyes scanned the area carefully not seeing a single sign of the monster but he knew it was still there coming to find him while consuming anyone that was dead. His eyes caught a glimmer on the floor a few feet from him, an incendiary grenade was left on the floor from the agents and he snatched it up before seeing the writhing wormlike appendages on the floor and soon more appeared as Uroboros formed before him having him cuss like mad as he knew he was running out of time, kicking back lightly he pressed the down button calling the elevator back down as he faced off with Uroboros once again knowing he wouldn’t be able to do this alone but he was a Wesker, and he was not backing down.

--

April 11, 2012 at 1:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

E.S.S. 2- Chapter 3 

-Chapter 3

A young blonde hair woman sat on the end of the wagon watching the facility, her hair was done up making her hair that was long look short on her head, a red vest was over her white t-shirt for upon the back was an angel with burning wings with ‘Let Me Live’ above it; for this was the vest Claire Redfield once wore. Her black jeans blended well with her black boots before a groan escaped her lips followed by “He should have been out here by now Steve.” before looking at the tall red hair next to her standing under the tree they were taking shelter from the sweltering sun.

Steve nodded in agreement while brushing his jean vest free of dirt soon flicking a bug off his gray t-shirt before giving off a rude huff as he said “I beat he’s taking his time killing them in there, I mean come on, why can’t I have some of the action?” he asked before tapping his black army boots against the cart breaking free dry caked on mud before groaning seeing some of the mud was tried on the bottom of his dark blue jeans. He mumbled, “Just perfect.” moments after hearing Humvees blazing up and down the road evacuating personnel and equipment as he scoffed “That didn’t work out well did it?” just as he was smacked hard on the face replying “Ow! Sherry, what was that for?”

Sherry did not take it lightly when Steve would insult Shane, no; she hated when he did and glared at him for a while until her arms crossed. “I’m telling you now Steve, you better not be so rude about him when I’m around, I trust him fully and I would do anything he tells me. You need to learn to listen.” She told getting off the wagon poking Steve in the gut while adding “Or Shane will make sure you’re locked in that room again.” which made the tall man tense and nodded before looking at the facility waiting patiently as Sherry tended to the donkey, petting the tired animal gently as it nuzzled her. “So sweet, we’ll find you a good home.”

-Inside Facility 12 Hidden Labs-

Shane cursed as he dodged the Uroboros’ one attack and kept firing at it in hopes it would fall over to give him time to check on the elevator. The damn monster forced him to retreat away from the elevator and he had moments, a hand full of seconds, before the place was going to explode. He hated this greatly and growled as his eyes glowed in the single fluent motion; holstering the smoking .45s while arming the incendiary grenade as he rushed forward slamming it inside Uroboros before quick timing it to the side and around shaking the wormlike appendages off his hand and body as his eyes locked onto the elevator. He could hear the monster wailing from the flames and then the death call “50 seconds to detonation.” as his heart thundered, he was pushing himself hard and cursed greatly getting into the elevator knowing it was folly to wait for it to rise and broke through the ceiling of it and made his ascent up the shaft, climbing and jumping, pushing his new abilities to the max hearing the machine counting down.

The elevator doors were pulled open hard as Shane panted running again as his body ached hearing “10 seconds.” he had to keep running, he had to. The exit was before him when he heard the timer hit zero followed by a loud rumbling and screeching sound as he rammed the door off the hinges fumbling out across the ground hard just as fire erupted like a volcano from the gaping entrance. Holding himself Shane limped and tried to run as the ground under him shook making him tumble but he knew he needed to get out of the facility before the ground collapsed but he had done too much, his body was tired making him crawl before seeing Steve rushing over doing his best to keep balance before grabbing Shane. With ease the older man had lifted Shane onto his shoulder carrying him like a firefighter would while heading toward the gate where Sherry was waiting with the wagon.

She called out to them, “Hurry!” as the donkey bayed in excitement while slapping its hooves off the ground. The frightened animal was in a panic and ready to run when told to. Steve huffed and chuckled as he laid Shane down on the wagon and they all were off from the site just as it collapsed upon itself, taking away the memories, taking away everything Shane held for that place. Watching the flames and dust rising into the air, Shane felt sick and laid his head back down before coughing. His body ached and he was sore, knowing Sherry, he was going to get a worried lecture which always made him smile since she was so worried for him. Steve, course, would be teasing him and rubbing it in his face that he should have had him come along, but the answer was always the same three words: Maybe next time.

-

May 9th, 7:30 PM

It had been two days since I blew Facility 12 up, taking away my memories of that place and destroying what was left behind, I know that those few men that saw me would have by now reported this to BSAA HQ, wherever the hell that main station is.

It will be a matter of time till they figure out who I am, course, this excites me since this will stir Chris Redfield into the mix, won’t he be surprised to hear that a Wesker is still kicking. I think he would mistake me as the old man, but once he realizes it, that will be his downfall.

Right now, all I can do is rest and wait, I used myself too much at the facility and Sherry has been tending me like a worried mother, I enjoy it greatly since it aids me mentally. Steve has been keeping patrol down near the river for any stray boaters but so far nothing.

Not long ago Black Queen has told us about going to Canada and Germany, this will help us greatly in finding a better location and gain more followers. There are still a good few doctors, researchers and scientists out there working for us, my father ensured that his research would continue, and that of Umbrella’s apparently since he detailed of others.

Whatever the case is, I have to get to Canada , Sherry and Steve will be going to Germany once Black Queen has set up things but I have a feeling something was going to happen…

-

Shane sighed closing the leather journal before slipping the brown elastic band over the cover keeping it closed as he tossed it to his green and black backpack; he had been keeping a journal since he woke up. Black Queen had suggested it to him since it would help his mental state and would show improvement for him but now and then it didn’t help him. He couldn’t stop thinking of the old man and groaned as he lay back down on the bed shaking his head before looking at the bubble in the one corner, Black Queen was always watching and it made him feel good knowing he had someone and thought of her as a mother figure.

Slowly he yawned and stretched removing his sunglasses as he placed them on the nightstand next to his bed, he had changed earlier when dinner was done, and he wore simple black shorts and nothing else. Rubbing his eyes Shane asked “Are the movers coming soon?” to Black Queen before fixing his eyes on the bubble waiting for her reply.

There was a pause before she spoke, “Yes, they’ll be arriving tomorrow around noon. They will transfer all items you need to the new libratory in Germany. The place has been abandoned since Umbrella fell but it will be a good place for the three of you to live, I have already made preparations for your new home.” Hearing that made a smile cross Shane’s face, course at the same time he was a bit nervous considering he never flew before unless he counted that one time in which he was out cold when Wesker brought him here. Black Queen was reading his face and body gestures with ease and spoke softly “Shane, don’t be scared, you’ll be fine. I have the best pilot at your disposal, do not worry my dear. I’m always here to help.” She told as Shane smiled more and nodded to her as he yawned and grinned as Sherry came in wearing light blue pajamas and a blue t-shirt, she looked a bit scared but said nothing as she joined Shane on his bed nuzzling up against him.

Shane smiled and asked “Another bad dream?” and was returned with a few simple head nods, he sighed and hugged her close whispering “You’re safe with me Sherry, you know that.” before kissing her head while hugging her close feeling her holding onto him like no tomorrow. He asked “Was it your father again that scared you?” and once again another nod came as the answer making him continue saying “You’re safe with me Sherry, always.”

-That night, 1:30 A.M.

Sherry woke up slowly feeling the bed moving, she knew then Shane was awake hearing him trying to weep silently. Slowly she took a breath and rolled onto her back before sitting up seeing he was already sitting on the edge of the bed, the dim light shimmered in the tears on his cheeks, his body shaking as he cried. Slowly she moved to him, holding him gently as he flinched, she remembered when he told her how violent he could get if she surprised him in a manner of sudden hugging. She was careful this time and kissed his neck setting her head on his shoulder pressing her body against his feeling his every movement as he held her arms in his hands and continued to cry.

Shane was depressed but he did his best to fight it off. Still every now and then his feelings got the better of him and he would sit up at night and silently weep. Sherry knew what Excella did to him, but still who could blame him for missing her or Albert? They were the closest thing he had to a family of sorts in years until they too were ripped away from him by fate.

Hugging Shane again Sherry spoke softly, “You okay Shane?” She nuzzled his neck feeling the tension in his body start to relax before he hugged her arms.

Shane sniffed and sighed, “A little…I miss him Sherry…” he held her close to him. Sherry tried her best to keep him calm and loved but he still had moments like this, especially at night when he was alone with his thoughts. “For the first time in my life, I felt so safe. He was my father, the man I’ve wanted to know for years and he was taken from me by the BSAA.” He said trying to keep his tears back but she felt a drop hit her arm. “I never told him how much I cared for him and how thankful I was for everything he did…”

Sherry frowned; she knew how he felt since her father died in Raccoon City, the monster that hunted her cause she was his daughter, a breeder. But it was the monster, not her father that was hounding her but she still loved him so she whispered “It’s okay Shane, he’s still here with us, we just can’t see him.” before kissing his neck again as he started to cry. “Come on now, you need to be stronger.”

“It’s hard.” He said trying harder to keep his voice from crackling. “What I’ve gone through…there is just no end to this pain.” He said as Sherry made him look at her with those gold and crimson eyes of his, given to him by Wesker, by his father.

A smile crossed Sherry’s face as she stared into his eyes, locking her blue eyes with his own, keeping him looking into those ocean pools of hers while saying “Listen to me, I’m here for you, no matter what happens I will always love you and will never leave your side.” and soon Shane looked away before looking back at her as she continued “Shane, you’re my husband, I have full faith in you as you do of me, and you know that I will do all I can to help you get through this, even to the end.” She said as he smiled lightly and she hugged him firmly as he did in return.

“Thank you.” He whispered holding her close wishing that they would never be apart and would have a long lasting courtship and even a family, but the cards were laid, and he the pulled one that would change his life.

-Meanwhile in another “abandoned” Umbrella base….

The control room to the facility had fifteen men decked in black and green military intelligence uniforms. On each soldier’s shoulder they wore a patch with a black and white Umbrella Inc logo inside a red five point star. Besides that the men wore no other marking on their uniforms.

Nicholai Ginovaef was in the middle of the room and paced behind the men at their work stations scanning each monitor he saw with cool detachment. He kept his arms folded behind his back as his boots clacked against the concrete floor while he kept a slow, steady pace around the room. Nicholai was known for his patience and methodical nature and his men were trained to be like him. Nicholai knew Shane was still out there and had to be close to the facility. The boy showed promise as far as raw power went but he was still headstrong and reckless. Nicholai knew that all he need do now is wait and eventually Shane would slip up and fall into his hands.

Nicholai knew Shane’s loyalty to his father would be his undoing. The boy was sticking around to clean up the mess that Albert Wesker left behind. When Nicholai saw the live footage from the satellites a few days ago, he knew it was only a matter of time before they would have him.

Still had he been able to put a tracking device inside the boy when they were operating on him at the asylum things would have been much easier. But because of all the tests he knew Wesker would subject Shane to, Nicholai knew any device would eventually be found and possible lead to the detection of the mutant plaga inside the boy. Besides, he had not planned on having the boy survive the plaga infection since he would undoubtedly be killed at some point during his murder spree on the base so it seemed doubly pointless to waste a tracking device on him.

Nicholai sighed as he paced. He knew from his experiences in Raccoon City that no matter how great his planning may be there would always be a risk something would be overlooked or an outside factor could throw his plans off their timetable. Still he felt a small twinge of excitement whenever this happened and he enjoyed the challenge of solving whatever problem was thrown at him.

The challenge of finding Shane and keeping track of him would be enjoyable. Nicholai’s men had been ready for two months now, ready to deploy, ready for combat and ready to kill at a moments notice. These were Nicholai’s elite and if he felt a certain amount of pride in them unlike the criminal scum, thugs and mercenaries he had lead as an Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service commander. All of them were nothing but scum in his eye, barely worthy of his contempt. Is it any wonder he felt nothing for the UBCS when they died in droves in Raccoon City?

But these men, his men that he hand picked himself for this team were different. They were intelligent, honorable and most of all loyal to Nicholai. Slowly his gaze shifted to his second-in-command Gennedy Shatalov who was looking at a monitor while speaking to an operator.

Gennedy was younger than Nicholai by a few years but he had the tactical mind of a man twice his age. An ex Spetsnaz and expert knife fighter Gennedy was a fierce opponent in armed and unarmed combat. Nicholai still remembered how Gennedy rose out of the ranks of his small organization and proved his loyalty to Nicholai many times since then including a particularly nasty incident at an Umbrella compound in Greenland which left Gennedy with a crescent scar along the left side of his face.

Gennady ran a hand through his brown crew cut hair while tapping his boot on the floor, his hazel eyes darting about the images on the monitor as he was aiding in the search for the boy. Gripping the chair firmly with his other hand, his muscles tightened as he leaned forward slightly. Touching the screen, the view of the jungle zoomed in on the river with a single boat moving down it.

Leaning back Gennedy fixed his black and white striped shirt before nervously rubbing his chin. Standing up, Gennedy walked purposefully towards Nicholai and spoke in a thick Russian accent, “Colonel. I believe we should be monitoring the river. It seems to me that the only way to get that deep into the jungle is by boat. If we monitor the boat traffic, which is minimal, we might find our target.”

Nicholai pondered on this for a moment. The BSAA had a few reports of strange activity on the river but nothing conclusive had ever been found. The dense jungle surrounding it would be the perfect spot to hide something and Nicholai wouldn’t put it past Umbrella or Wesker to have some secret facility or base hidden there.

Nicholai nodded in agreement and Gennedy stood at ease in front of his commander. Nicholai turned around to the others and spoke loudly pointing to the large screen on the wall of the monitor room where the map of the jungle and the river was visible, “Our target area is the main river flowing through the jungle here. I want the river monitored at all times and report any and all traffic moving in and out of the jungle on it catalogued and studied.”

The men spoke in unison, “Sir yes Sir!” and they began working at their work stations intensely.

Nicholai turned back to Gennedy and coolly said, “Commander, it’s time to start phase two.” Gennady smirked and nodded as he and Nicholai turned and left the monitor room.

After taking the elevator down to the subbasement Nicholai and Gennedy walked down a long steel corridor hallway to a pressure sealed door. Nicholai punched in a code and slid a red and black card through a digital reader. The panel beeped as the hiss of hydraulics unlatched and opened the door.

Inside the room was a single large steel capsule connected to banks of monitoring devices, wires and tubes. Gennedy walked towards the steel cylinder and stood before the computer consol next to it as Nicholai stood with his hands clasped behind his back looking at the glass window in the front of the pod. The black short cropped hair on the BOW’s head seemed to dance inside the bubbling liquid of the pod. Nicholai asked, “Is Afanasii ready?”

Gennady typed in a few commands and lines of data began pouring across the small screen followed by a small ding noise. Gennedy quickly read the data on the screen and then turned and simply nodded to Nicholai that Afanasii was in perfect working order.

Nicholai nodded with a tight serious smile, “Good. Once we can confirm the target’s location I want Afanasii and her “minions” dispatched immediately. We’re going to give Shane a hard lesson in siege warfare.”

--

April 11, 2012 at 1:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.