CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > RESIDENTS CHRONICLES > Sticky: Resident Evil: Shane's Story

TheOracleDragon

James Marcus at December 6, 2011 at 6:27 PM

The characterisations of Excella & Wesker are so sharp and fit perfectly with their canon versions, I dont care much for Resident Evil 5 but your excting portrayal of these characters has me engrossed,

Thank you so very much, I know I have a few spelling and grammor errors (bloody program doesn't catch it till I re-read it a few months later). But all in all, the rest of the chapters will be posted, Ch13 is another detailed adult scene. *sweating*

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

December 7, 2011 at 1:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

I dont normally read much Resi fiction, but I loved this story. Incredible work Oracle.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

December 17, 2011 at 3:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

NEMESIS at December 17, 2011 at 3:14 PM

I dont normally read much Resi fiction, but I loved this story. Incredible work Oracle.

Thank you so very much, I love hearing great comments like this. ^_^

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

December 17, 2011 at 7:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

-Chapter 13 (WARNING!! NUDTIY/SEX SCENE AHEAD!!!)

‘What’s his status?’ Nicholai asked in the darkness.

‘Everything is green sir. Brain waves are a bit unstable but that should pass once the plaga attaches to him.’ One of the voices said.

‘Comrade, what is the main objective of this?’ Asked the other Russian that was hidden in the darkness.

‘This is only one step, once he’s out of the way, our plans will be in full motion.’ Nicholai said.

Shane could feel him stroking his face, it was cold and bitter, threatening as his chest tightened hearing the others talking.

‘Looks like the plaga finally got out of his stomach.’ Another voice said. ‘It’s moving into his…chest?’

‘That’s odd…’ Said another as Shane coughed.

‘No, we made it like that.’ Nicholai said chuckling. ‘The previous ones were too weak to even consider taking shelter in the rib cage where it can be protected from hits, the only way to kill it now is either killing the host, the procedure or ripping it out of the rib cage by force.’

‘All in all, the kid is dead.’ The other Russian said chuckling.

‘Exactly.’ Nicholai told darkly.

“Kill….me…?” Shane whispered in his sleep as Excella stroked his head gently, Shane had requested her to be with him just incase he were to panic again, her gentle touch was very soothing for him and she found at some points he would nuzzle up against her leg.

‘But sir, this plaga is only a prototype, how sure are we it’ll be fine?’

‘I have full faith in my scientists, now clean him up and give him his shots like usual. Make sure he doesn’t wake up till later.’ Nicholai ordered.

‘Comrade, when will the plaga be done?’

‘It already is.’ Nicholai told.

Shane groaned rubbing his face as Excella looked at him tiredly, she spent most of the night awake and she was exhausted keeping Shane calmed most of the night. He slowly sat up and stretched before yawning as Excella had to hide her yawn.

“Thank you Excella.” He said finally looking at her. “Seems…that they calmed down in my head.” He said leaning against her as she scratched his back.

“Did they say what they were doing?” She asked curiously. “I heard you talking so I’m wondering.”

“I don’t know, but they said it was done.” He said shaking his head seeing the food trolley making him smile as he scooted off the bed to see what he was given. “I’m so famished right now.” He said lifting the sliver lid finding a bowl of soup, a banana and some milk. “Chicken noodle, oh, I haven’t had this since I was a kid.” He said pulling the trolley over to the desk to eat. “Excella you want some?”

Shane question didn’t get a response for a minute it was another few seconds before her stopped shoveling spoons of hot soup and noodles into his mouth and noticed Excella was fast asleep on his bed. This made him smile lightly before returning to his meal and finding his pills. Shane wanted to protest but he took them but they tasted different this time. After another mouthful of food he couldn’t taste the medicine on his tongue anymore.

Once again Shane’s gaze fell onto Excella sleeping as he ate. She must have been exhausted for her to fall asleep that soundly that quickly. The poor woman hadn’t even had time to take her shoes off. Shane took a deep breath and got up moving toward the bed carefully. He pulled off her heels setting them on the floor neatly beside the bed and took the bobby pins out of her hair letting it drift like black silk down around her bare shoulders.

Shane admired how she looked before carefully slipping the blanket out from under her and placing it on top of her. She looked angelic and he couldn’t stop himself as he stroked her face lightly before his fingers drifted down her neck. He remembered her soft skin and how it felt when she was doing that to him before she had sex with him.

Shane’s mind wandered and he felt himself get excited just thinking about what happened but since she was asleep he could hardly act on the urge he was suddenly feeling. Going back to the desk, Shane started to eat again but kept an eye on Excella watching her chest gently rise and fall as she napped.

They had sex before, of course he could only remember bits of it since she had gotten him drunk beforehand. He could remember her lips on him and the way she mounted him and how they had made each other cum. Shane now had a full erection and he felt like an idiot now for letting this happen. “What a waste…” he thought when he realized she was on the bed sleeping and all he could do was look at her and not do anything with her.

Trying to put the thoughts of sex out of his head Shane went back to eating his meal and occasionally massaging his sore left eye. He briefly thought about playing with her while she slept but just as quickly dismissed the thought. He was horny but he wasn’t going to resort to molesting a sleeping woman who trusts him and showed him nothing but kindness.

Still his urges nagged at him and he started to wonder if Wesker was around since she said they could do it whenever the old man wasn’t around watching them. He always seemed to be just outside the door waiting for him whenever he was thinking of seeing Excella alone again.

Slowly Shane got up while sucking a noodle into his mouth before heading to the door to his room. He opened it slowly peeking out into the hallway. He was half surprised that it wasn’t locked and seeing the hallway was empty was even more of a pleasant surprise to him. Shane closed the door and quietly locked it before looking at Excella and running through the thoughts in his head that seemed hell bent on making him do something.

Was it a good idea? What if Wesker found out? His mind raced as Excella shifted in bed and rolled onto her side facing Shane but still sound asleep. She fidgeted and moved about as if she were trying to get comfortable and made a small mumbling sound. As she moved the cover slipped off her shoulder down to her side. Her hair draped down the front of her neck and her loose dress strap had rolled down her shoulder letting the top of her breast spill out far enough that he could see her nipple straining against the rim of the material.

Shane’s erection was throbbing now and he knew there was only one way he could get rid of it. He wanted to run over to the bed and rip her clothes off and fuck her brains out but he knew he had to take care of things himself. Shane hurried into the bathroom and shut the door before starting the shower. He pulled off his clothes and hurried into the shower.

Little did Shane know Excella woke up when the water started running. Still half asleep Excella thought she was in her bungalow, got off the bed and headed to the bathroom not realizing where she was at. Excella walked into the bathroom and closed the door not realizing she hadn’t turned the light on. She walked over to the shower irritated it was running and whipped open the curtain only to see Shane covered in soap and working his hand furiously up and down on his cock for a split second before he yelped, dropping the soapy washcloth and covered himself out of instinct with his hands.

Excella was fully awake now and realized what she had stumbled onto, “Oh Shane my darling, I’m so sorry.”

Shane was bright red with embarrassment and he stood trying to cover his erection with his hands and failed. Excella smiled and took off her dress and then her panties as Shane simply stood under the stream of water hypnotized by her body.

Shane caught her looking at him and smiled even more as he blushed and tried to look away. Excella got into the shower and picked up the soapy washcloth Shane had dropped and started running it over his shoulders. When he tried to speak Excella simply placed her finger over his mouth and said, “Shhh. It’s okay darling. Let’s just enjoy this together.”

With that said Shane leaned in and kissed her full on the lips. Excella kissed back with as much passion as their mouths slowly opened and their tongues danced inside each other’s mouths. Shane’s hardness was pressing against her crotch as she ran her hands down his back and started to squeeze his ass pulling him into her. Shane let out a grunt as he felt her warmth envelope his dick and he soon started thrusting into her rhythmically.

Excella moaned as he pressed her against the back of the shower and continued to pound into her faster and faster. She could feel he was getting close to cumming and gasped, “Don’t… don’t cum inside me… when you’re close to it…tell me and pull out…”

Shane didn’t slow down and after several more pumps he said, “Gonna cum!” Shane pulled out of Excella as she slid down to her knees, grabbed his slick cock in her hands and pumped it energetically while she sucked the head in her mouth. Shane’s body tightened and he let out a loud growl and grunted as hot streams of cum shot out of him and into her mouth. She swirled her tongue energetically around the head of his penis as several spurts of hot sticky sperm erupted into her mouth. Excella kept pumping his rod milking every drop she could out as she swallowed every salty drop.

Shane’s legs felt weak and he stumbled back a little as Excella looked up at him and smiled still holding his throbbing purple member in her hands, “Do you feel better now darling?” she purred as the water cascaded down her back.

Shane sighed as his stomach still heaved, “Oh God, I needed that so bad…” Excella stood up and ran her hands up his stomach and chest as she did and had a Cheshire grin upon her lips.

“That’s very good lover, because I need you to finish me now.” With that Excella turned and took a big gulp of water from the shower head, swished it around her mouth and spit it down the drain. She then rinsed off Shane, grabbed him by his hand and led him out of the shower.

Excella took three large bath towels out of the linen closet, spread them down on the floor and lay down on her back. Shane got down on the ground with her and went to kiss her before she stopped him, “Not here lover…down there.” She said pointing down between her legs as she spread them wide. Shane got nervous.

“I’ve never done that before… I…” Excella put her finger on his lips to shush him again.

She spoke in a low purr, “Don’t worry darling, I will help you learn. Kiss my neck here, and then kiss your way down to here.” She said as traced her finger down her neck, across her chest and stomach and down to her pussy.

Shane leaned in and kissed her neck and gently sucked on it and repeated this as he kissed his way down her neck to her shoulder and then her chest. His hands massaged her breasts as he kissed his way around each one ending with a swirling tongue kiss and suckling on each erect nipple for several seconds before moving on. Excella let out a small humming noise with each and grabbed Shane’s hands and had them stay on her boobs, gently pulling her nipples.

Shane kissed her stomach and licked around her belly button making her giggle slightly as he worked his way slowly down to her pussy. Excella reached her hands down between her legs and spread her lips for him. Shane hesitated slightly and then leaned in and kissed it making Excella purr, “Don’t be afraid, lover, kiss it gently and then lick it.”

Shane kissed it again, this time deeper as he took his hands and held the lips of her pussy open like Excella had and licked the inside. It tasted sort of salty but in a good way he thought as he continued to lick and buried his face deeper. Excella’s clitoris was hard and Shane’s hot breathing against it made it tingle.

Excella giggled, “Oh that’s wonderful darling… please put your fingers inside me and lick and suck me here, but gently at first…” With that Excella spread herself open with her fingers and gently rubbed her clit until Shane’s tongue found it and gently licked it in circles as his fingers pumped in and out of her. Shane gently sucked the hard pink button of flesh in between licking it in circles as his hand pumped his fingers inside Excella’s wetness faster and faster.

Excella started to moan and grabbed onto Shane’s head with her hands pushing it into her pussy as she gasped, “Faster, darling I’m so close. Keep sucking it please…” Shane obliged and kept up the fast rhythm until her felt her pussy tighten around his pumping wet fingers and spasms rocked her body as she finally came, her legs kicked slightly and she gripped the hair on his head like he was a bucking bronco. Shane continued pumping her and sucking as another orgasm built up and exploded again from Excella’s body.

She gasped for Shane to stop and he did, only to get on top of Excella and slide his stiff erection inside her once again. Excella moaned loudly as he thrust into her again and again. Her vagina felt like it was going to explode from the sensation of it as she dug her hands into the towels under them and gripped them. Her legs came up and wrapped around Shane’s thrusting waist and hips as her third orgasm rippled through her loins.

Shane continued to pound her for several more minutes as Excella saw stars dancing in her vision. Shane groaned, “I’m gonna cum, I’m gonna cum…” and pulled his dick out of her seconds before she grabbed him and jacked him until another load of cum erupted from the head of his thick cock and landed on her sweat covered breasts and stomach.

Shane collapsed next to Excella, both covered in sweat and laid on the towels beside her. Excella could hardly move and she stared up at the ceiling feeling her pussy throb from the pounding it had taken. She couldn’t believe the stamina the boy possessed. She sat up on her elbows and looked down at the amount of semen he unloaded on her. It seemed impossible that this was his second orgasm in under and hour and still he blasted her like someone uncorked a champagne bottle after shaking it violently.

Excella sat up and looked over at Shane and noticed he was still erect. She looked back at him and he looked up at her smiling as she said in shock, “You must be joking! You’re still horny after all that?”

Shane shrugged and said, “ Yeah, aren’t you?” Excella had promised the boy they would have sex when Albert wasn’t around and now she was starting to think she had bitten off more than she could chew with this.

Excella whined slightly, “Shane darling I couldn’t possibly go another round with you. My sticchiu is too sore…”

Shane sat up, “Oh please, isn’t there something you can let me do. I promise this will be the last time for tonight.”

Excella looked at him and down at his erection, “Well it would be a shame to let that go to waste and since I am your teacher there is something we can try, but you have to promise to be extra gentle with me. Do you promise?”

Shane shook his head, “Yes, absolutely! I never want to hurt you… I care about you a lot.” Excella smiled and stood up looking in the medicine cabinet above the sink. After a second she pulled out a large container of petroleum jelly and then sat down next to Shane. She scooped out a handful of it and started rubbing it up and down his hard cock, Shane giggled slightly, “It’s a little cold… but it feels nice.”

Excella smiled as she stroked him and he played with her breasts. She stopped and then handed him the jar as she got on all fours and spread her ass cheeks apart. Shane stared at her hairless ass for a second until she said, “Okay darling, here is what you must do…”

It was an hour later when Excella finally left Shane’s room. Excella hadn’t had this much trouble walking since she tried horseback riding as a teenager. She felt now like she did then, sore all over and bow legged. Despite his promise, Shane got carried away when she told him he could cum inside her this time since it would be impossible to get her pregnant. The boy’s excitement knew no bounds when it came to sex and she had found this out the hard way. As Excella shuffled to her bungalow all she could think about was going to the bathroom and soaking in a nice hot bath and then laying in bed for two days.

--

January 20, 2012 at 6:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Chapter 13 -Part 2-

-

Day 2 - St. Jeremy’s Hospital - 2 Years after Raccoon City

Sickness, stomach pains, head pains, all leading up for Shane to sit next to the toilet and vomit out whatever he had in his stomach. He wasn’t feeling very well due to his head trauma and he felt like crap but time times worse. He was scared beyond anything having waked up in a room he never been in and men walking past the glass door. What new hell was he in now?

No matter what he did, no one would answer him and he would just sit there holding his gut or his head before vomiting again. He wanted to die, he wanted it so badly now but nothing seemed to help him. He didn’t want to end his life on purpose but accidental but he couldn’t think clear enough on how to do so.

“I want to go home.” He repeated flushing the toilet soon resting on the floor seeing Sofia in his mind. “Mom..” He said faintly before weeping, his tears were warm against his skin as they slid and fell to the floor as he cried. “Mom..” He said again soon hearing the door open which made him crawl against the corner more hearing footsteps. He was trying his best to stay hidden even though it was pointless, he soon started shouting feeling someone grabbing his hair and pulled before feeling another hand on his arm pulling at the same time. “No! Ow! Let go!” He screamed soon standing up and pushed against the wall hard having a sharp pain shoot through his side making his legs buckle greatly but he was held in place.

“Don’t move ass-wipe.” The guard said, the guard whose name was Hendricks. “This will be over shortly.” He said as Shane felt someone grab his other arm making him struggle as another blow came to his back. “I said don’t move!” Hendricks snapped pushing Shane against the wall harder and applied pressure to his head wounds making his cry out. “Be still and I will let you go.” Hendricks growled.

“Hey, leave his head alone.” One of the orderlies said wrapping a rubber strap around Shane’s arm as Hendricks looked at him. “I mean it, I will report this to the boss.” The orderly said pressing a sharp needle into Shane’s arm making him groan as the substance was pushed inside. On the other side, another orderly was quickly taking blood samples as well as skin and tissue samples after numbing the boy’s arm.

“Whatever, just get this done so I can get him to bed.” Hendricks said wedging a leg between Shane’s feeling him moving again. “I told you to hold still.” He said as Shane stopped, he wanted to drop to the floor cause of the amount of painful waves that were shooting through his body.

-

-Present

Noon…

Shane chuckled sitting on a thick tree branch within the compound, the sun was high and bright and his sunglasses protecting his sensitive eyes from it. He couldn’t help but think of last night and how refreshing it was and he took note that it helped fight against his nightmares.

He listened to the sounds around him; he could hear a few birds and a radio in the distance before hearing more dirt bikes coming in through one of the gates as another truck left the second. Still, Shane couldn’t understand a word the guards said and what bothered him more was why he was put here, in a place that looked like a military base.

“Something I won’t know about.” Shane said shaking his head focusing on the radio enjoying hearing the music before laying down on the branch bopping his foot to the beat and soon felt something poking his back ruining his joy of the day, he looked over the branch seeing a guard holding a phone up to him, a cell phone. Shane took it and held it against his ear. “Hello?”

“Shane.” A voice on the other end said making Shane smile hearing it was Wesker. “I’ll be coming back tomorrow. I expect you to behave yourself and stay in the compound, if you need money, you can find some in your room. There are a few vendors in the compound that you can look at and buy what you want, just don’t spend it all in one evening. When I get back we will continue our training. Do you understand?” Wesker asked.

Shane sighed, “I guess… I mean, I wouldn’t have any idea what they’re saying.” Shane said looking at the guard checking his AK-47 over before looking up at him.

Wesker seemed amused, “You don’t need to know what they are saying, just know they are here to protect you and the compound and that’s all that matters. If you need any help though go to the garage where you stole that dirt bike from. One of my men is there and he can be your intermediate if you need to speak to the guards or if you require something not available in the compound.”

Shane flicked a leaf with his finger, “Hey I got a question, why do you always have to leave when we’re just getting started with things? Don’t you think you should spend more time with me instead of running off?” Shane asked now sitting on the branch letting his legs dangle freely.

Wesker sighed, “Well unfortunately a man in my business and position is always on call to handle things. An operation this size doesn’t get off the ground and run smoothly without someone competent in charge and unfortunately that burden falls on my shoulders. All things considered you should be happy I’ve been able to devote as much time as I have to you.

“I know…” Shane said shaking his head. “Well…I guess I’ll figure something out in the meantime until you get back. Oh! Can I ride a dirt bike again? I promise I won’t go out of the place, like you told me too.”

Wesker sighed, “Shane, do I really have to spell out why I don’t want you meddling with the bikes again? Was it not enough that you nearly crippled one of my most trusted aids? Really, do I have to say no to you like you’re a child?”

“It’s not like I’m going to wreck the damn thing again. I’ll be careful this time, I won’t speed around so fast.” Shane said before looking at the guard growing impatient with him. Wesker was silent in his response until Shane finally relented and said, “Pfft, fine… then what can I do since you’re not here? It’s not like I can practice with anyone?”

“We have a fully functional gym and spa on the compound. Amuse yourself in there. You can play any number of sports you feel like, though I would suggest sparring in the fighting ring to help keep in practice.”

Shane got excited, “A fighting ring? Oh, a place where a group of guys can bet and fight right? I saw that in movies, and you want me to practice fighting in that?”

Wesker said coolly, “This isn’t a movie Shane. People aren’t going to gamble on the outcome of a sparring match. Just follow the safety requirements and always wear your headgear.”

Shane giggled, “Sounds fun. Do I still have to get those shots?” Shane asked getting down off the branch soon spotting the doctor coming over. “Never mind, I just got my answer. You be careful out there, don’t get hurt or anything, ok?” Shane asked.

Wesker chuckled, “Oh don’t worry about me. I’ve got everything well in hand. Goodbye Shane."

--

January 20, 2012 at 6:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

(CH13 Part 3)

Elsewhere…

After snapping his phone shut Wesker pocketed it back inside his leather trench coat and looked back at the overweight receptionist in the dingy waiting room where he sat. She filed her nails lazily while ignoring Albert who sat patiently in the worn out faux leather seat.

Her intercom buzzed and a static voice told her to send Wesker in. The secretary waved him towards the door and then went back to filing her nails and reading a magazine. Standing up and adjusting his gloves Wesker walked into the small office and shut the door.

A small African man sat behind his messy desk inside the tiny office. The walls were cracked and dirty and looked like they hadn’t been touched by a cleaning woman since the 1950s. The man was balding and sweating profusely in the heat of the office. Only a squeaking ceiling fan provided any air besides a small window behind the man. The man adjusted his crooked tie and stood up to shake Wesker’s hand. Albert looked at it, ignored the gesture and spoke, “Karl the last time I was in the office you assured me the shipment I asked you to acquire for me wouldn’t be a problem. Now I come all the way down here and you make me wait 23 minutes before seeing me and now here we are. So where is it Karl, where is the shipment I asked you for?”

Karl patted a handkerchief on his head as he sat back down and nervously spoke, “Sir, let me just start by saying this wasn’t my fault. The police and the BSAA were conducting a sting operation in the vicinity the same day the shipment arrived. I mean, how could any of us know that? My men panicked and there was a shoot out with the cops and BSAA Agents before they were all gunned down. The entire shipment was impounded and confiscated by the BSAA.”

Wesker pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, “So let me understand this Karl. The men you hired, who you assured me were professionals, panicked and shot at the police and the fucking BSAA? Do you have any idea how close you’ve come to destroying my entire operation?”

Karl fidgeted in his chair, “Sir please, I can assure you, there is no way to trace this back to you. All the men are dead and uh heh you know the saying ‘Dead men tell no tales.’”

Wesker smiled and let out a chuckle, “True Karl, true, but there’s only one problem, you’re still alive.”

Before Karl could react Wesker picked a paperweight made of onyx carved in the shape of a panther off the desk in front of him and threw it with lightning speed at Karl’s head, exploding it like a smashed watermelon. Turning around he saw a shadow move away from under the office door. Running Wesker kicked the door off its hinges smashing it into the fat secretary’s back driving her to a skidding crash to the dirty wood floor. The woman cursed and tried to move when Wesker leaped upon the door crushing it into her back and head knocking her out.

Reaching into his pockets Wesker walked back into the inner office, pulled out a thermite grenade, placed it on Karl’s desk and popped the pin. The intense heat immediately burned into the desk catching it and Karl’s dead body on fire, Wesker repeated this several times letting the final one rest on top of the door pinning the secretary as he ran full speed from the ramshackle one story building that was now being engulfed in flames.

Several blocks away Wesker slowed down in an alley, walked to his Hummer and got inside and checked his watch. He signaled for the driver to pull out and head for their next destination as black smoke billowed into the air a few blocks away.

At the compound…

Shane rubbed his back over and over where the doctor gave him his shot, it hurt like hell due to it being thick once again but thankfully it wasn’t making him sleepy. Most of the guards that patrolled the place made him edgy since he wasn’t sure if they knew him but they mainly ignored him, that was a blessing since he saw a few he recognized from his night venture.

Nearing the garage Shane heard someone singing in German as a radio played music, he slowly peeked inside seeing no one but a few dirt bikes and a Humvee, squeaking wheels made Shane crouch down seeing someone was under there, slowly he walked over hitting one of the doors but got no reply, once again he crouched and looked under seeing the same person still at work.

“Hey!” Shane said getting no reply as he waved a hand around and still nothing. “This is supposed to be that guy?” He asked himself standing up looking inside the Humvee smirking seeing the horn and reached inside hitting it. The loud horn blared in the garage and Shane heard a loud thump and screaming as he left go of the horn. “That worked.” He said moving to the wheel seeing a blonde hair man with a brunette goatee pulling him self out covered in grease cursing away in German while rubbing his head.

“Goddamn it.” The man said sitting up on the roller he was on as Shane crouched down where he stood drawing the man’s attention. “Who the hell are you?” He asked as Shane stared at him tilting his head in the process. It was weird, for a long moment Shane thought he was looking at someone he once knew from Raccoon City. Kristoff. But this couldn’t be him; he would be very old right now. “Are you Shane?” He asked drawing Shane out of his thoughts as the man laughed. “Thought so, he told me you would be a bit crazy.”

“I’m not crazy, just unstable.” Shane answered glaring at him behind his sunglasses. “Who are you?”

“Craig.” The man said getting out from under the Humvee more before standing up grabbing a cloth off a nearby tool box. “You can just call me Craig, no need for formalities.” He said as Shane scoffed. “Hey now, no need to get rough.”

“Listen, he said you were to help me right?” Shane asked as Craig nodded. “So help me okay? Where the hell are we?”

“All I know is we’re in Africa, I don’t ask much on details, I just make sure the boss’s stuff gets done.” Craig answered. “Oh, this place is called Facility 12. Just so you know.”

“Well that’s helpful.” Shane grumbled looking at the dirt bikes before scratching his leg, thankfully he was wearing his shorts today, but the heat was already bothering him. “Man, this sucks.” He said looking at Craig cleaning up his mess. “I’m going to head back to my room real quick if you don’t mind waiting for me.”

“Not at all, just don’t, as you American’s say it ‘Dilly dally’.” Craig said chuckling as Shane rolled his eyes and left the garage. It was weird but Shane was starting to trust Craig but knew he shouldn’t since he could be betrayed at any moment or have him end up dying.

There were only two people he could trust, Excella and Wesker, but more to Wesker since Shane knew Excella was more into using him for her own physical needs because he figured Wesker wasn’t giving her any. He chuckled watching her leave him last night and thought it served her right but he felt awful at the same time. Sure having her to fulfill his body’s needs helped him greatly plus it cleared his mind.

Inside the building he slipped off the sunglasses and sighed, he wanted so badly to not wear them, hell; he wanted to be like Wesker now, to show he was stronger and more determined. But what could he do? He was still learning about the world that was hidden from him for nine long years. After finally navigating, and with help of the guards pointing in the direction, Shane entered his room. He wanted to lie down on the bed but he also wanted to explore more since the old man wasn’t around to limit him with his exploration or searching. He soon chuckled at that, as long as Wesker was away during the day, the more he got the chance to look around, and maybe just maybe, find a way to get outside and explore but that was for another day. He needed to show Wesker he can listen but he often wondered himself why he was so disobedient.

Whatever it was, it made him feel sick and looked for the money finding it on the desk, after picking it up Shane’s eyes got wide seeing how much was there.

“Holy shit…” He said counting $200. “A bit much…” He said looking at it over and over before stuffing it into one of his pockets, the one other time he had that much was when he did odd jobs after school and during summer vacation to save up for a new bicycle. “And here I was expecting a $20.” He said leaving his room and eventually made his way back outside to find Craig waiting for him, this time he had a hat on.

“About time kid, you ready?” He asked as Shane nodded and followed him, thankfully there were a few good trees scattered about allowing them a chance to duck into the shade to cool off. “The vendors sell from a range of things, food, water, ammo, guns and other sorts of weapons. The boss said if they didn’t have something you want, to let me know so I can put in a favor for you to get it.”

“Really? Anything.” Shane asked catching Craig off. “I would like a dirt bike and…” Before Shane could continue Craig cut him short pointing at him sternly.

“Now you know I can’t do that without permission.” He said waving his finger. “Only limited items kid, limited.”

“Then what’s the point of seeing what they have?” Shane asked walking while observing his surrounds, taking in as much as possible and smiled making his jogging route before finding the first vendor under a tree selling food and drinks. The woman spoke to him gesturing to each item explaining to him but he didn’t understand a word. “Uh…”

“Buy the soda.” Craig said grabbing a bottle showing Shane who shook his head. “You never had soda?”

“No, wasn’t allowed, it’s bad for my health.” Shane said looking at him before looking at the water pointing at it and raised one finger. “Just one.” He said as the woman nodded picking it up handing it to him telling him how much.

“She says it’s about $2.” Craig said as Shane looked at him. “Pricy?”

“Hell yeah.” Shane said looking at the water in his hand, with this heat he was going to need it and soon huffed paying her and walked away drinking a little bit as Craig followed after him with his soda. “Did prices for everything go up?” Shane asked curiously as Craig nodded. “Well that sucks…” Shane said rolling his eyes hearing gunshots up ahead causing him to tense greatly. “Calm down, this isn’t Raccoon.” He told himself softly as Craig looked at him oddly. “Shooting range?” Shane asked as Craig nodded.

“Yeah, there’s a swimming area too up ahead, the pond is always cool and clean, and sometimes you can catch Miss Excella down there at night.” He said grinning as Shane looked at him coldly, he wanted to hit Craig in the face for that grin but refrained himself and continued to walk trying to keep his cool hearing the gunshots but he wondered now why they didn’t hear them earlier.

Shane shook his head taking another drink of water before seeing a camera on a pole not far from where they were but he couldn’t help but look at it and chuckled lightly looking at Craig who was humming.

“Where’s this fighting ring at?” Shane asked curiously as they stopped in front of the camera as Craig looked around slightly before pointing in the direction.

“You can train pretty well in there, but don’t mess with JJ, he can really cripple someone.” He warned as Shane chuckled. “I’m serious! He broke a guy’s arm in a few hits.”

“I broke an orderlies arm in two places in two attacks.” Shane said rubbing it in Craig’s face. “I’m not a weak guy, hell, look at me; can’t you tell I’m a Wesker? I’m tough.”

“Tough? Sure. Smart? No.” Craig said walking away as Shane growled making a fist before sulking after him.

“I’m smart and tough; I just have some… issues is all.” Shane grumbled as Craig chuckled.

“Excuses, excuses.” He said looking over his shoulder at Shane. “You just need to push your issues to the side lines, let them rot before kicking off.”

“This isn’t football you idiot.” Shane growled.

With Wesker…

Wesker sat in the back of the moving Humvee and smiled slightly as he looked at the camera feed in his phone. He had been checking in on Shane periodically with the link to his security camera system to make sure the boy was following his instructions.

Perhaps using the gym would help Shane get rid of some frustration since there was little else he was willing to let him do. Thankfully the boy had no other distractions like women to dilute his energies. He had warmed up to Excella thanks to the programming but as nice as she was with him Wesker could still sense a tension between them which was perfect.

The driver of the Humvee stopped at a broken down gas station and got out to refuel the truck. Switching over to his map on the phone Wesker was pleased they were near the next village on his itinerary. His phone started to play “My Funny Valentine” and Wesker quickly opened it up and curtly said, “Speak!”

Jill Valentine’s voice was muffled by the mask he made her wear. Her programming made her responses robotic and the mask only added to that effect.

“The new shipment has arrived. I am taking it to the facility.” She said in an echoing voice.

Wesker smiled, “Excellent dear. Proceed with the plan.”

Jill replied with a curt, “Yes Sir.” And Wesker hung up on her.

Checking his watch he saw he was slightly ahead of schedule when the driver came out of the Gas Station office and started fueling the Humvee up.

--

January 20, 2012 at 6:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

-Chapter 14

Day 4 - St. Jeremy’s Hospital - 2 Years after Raccoon City

Shane flinched as the doctor touched his head as he slowly removed the bloodied bandages, an orderly stood in front of Shane to keep him seated on the table so the doctor could look at the boy’s wounds.

“So far it’s healing very well.” The doctor said grabbing a spray bottle of water and gently sprayed Shane’s head making him move. “Please hold still Shane, I need to check your stitches to see if any came loose.” He told as Shane closed his eyes wanting to run away but he didn’t know where he would go let alone how to escape, this place was huge from what he was able to see and groaned as the doctor touched the stitches. “Healing up very well, stitches are in place. Another week or so we’ll be able to remove them.” The doctor said soon looking at the orderly. “Make sure you give him the booster shots, they’ll help heal him.” He saw Shane was shaking now. “Don’t worry Shane; the shots help your body.”

“That’s what mom said…” Shane whispered as his chin crimpled showing he wanted to cry, he needed to be tough but he was still mourning for her. “Mom…” He said soon shedding some tears. “Please let me go, I won’t tell what’s going on here.”

“No can do kid, you’re going to live the rest of your life in here.” The orderly said making Shane look up at him quickly. “Staying here till your last breath.”

“No!” Shane snapped pushing the orderly hard and got down fumbling toward the door clawing at it trying to get it to open since there was no doorknob. “Someone help me!” He shouted and soon screamed as the orderly grabbed him from behind picking him off the floor as Shane started to kick wildly.

“Hold him still! He’ll pass out of he keeps going!” The doctor snapped as the orderly grunted trying to keep hold of the fourteen year old boy in his arms.

“Hurry and grab the shot! I can’t hold him much longer!” The orderly snapped trying to pin Shane against the wall but the boy stuck out his legs embracing the impact and pushed back as hard as he could making the orderly stumble backwards before falling to the floor with Shane’s head bashing against his face making the both of them shout. The orderly left go and Shane rolled off holding his head crying out in pain as the orderly cursed.

Shane crawled away grabbing whatever he ran into, when he ran into an IV stand he grabbed it and held it out for protection as the orderly finally sat up and Shane whacked him on the head with it making him shout as Shane hit him again and again until the orderly yanked it from his hands making Shane cower in the corner as the orderly grabbed the shot from the doctor and in the process grabbed Shane’s arm pulling him up roughly stabbing the needle into his neck.

-Present…

Shane ducked and side stepped the guard he was fighting, apparently the only protection for him was the headgear and there were no gloves either or a ring, this was an open floor arena like in a tough man competition or an underground fighting ring. Already Shane was making good progress in having downed three guards before this one, he was impressed with himself and smiled in his mind avoiding another punch before pushing the guard’s arms out and did a kick making the guard stumble. Still his mind wandered about that virus Wesker was going to give him to make him like the old man. Would he be able to knock that guy against the wall that easy like Wesker did to him?

Now that was something Shane was looking forward to, he wouldn’t have to struggle to get away, he would just pinch the man’s arm and would be free instantly.

He was drawn out of his thoughts when Craig yelled at him and he barely missed being hit, the punched did make contact with his helmet making him fumble a little before rushing forward elbowing the guard in the side, he slipped his leg between the guard’s and grabbed hold of his neck jerking him down. The impact was heard in the room as the guard laid there holding his head and neck cursing away as Shane panted and walked over to Craig handing over the water.

“Nice work kid, you’re coming a long way in fighting.” He said as Shane removed the mouth piece and spat at the floor.

“Pfft, I can fight and hurt anyone. Nearly killed one guy but I don’t have the heart to do it.” He said taking a long cool and satisfying drink. “After this is done, you should take me to that BBQ pit we passed on our way here, I saw a flyer and they’re having a small party there.”

“You and a party? Now that don’t sound right.” Craig said pouring a little bit of water over Shane’s neck and back.

“Well, it’s one way for me to get to know some of the guards and get some free time to hang out before they drag me back to my room.” He said chuckling as Craig went stiff. “What?” Shane asked turning around seeing a large rounded and tall African man standing there behind him making him look up and held his breath seeing the Cuban cigar in his mouth.

“JJ.” Craig whispered backing up as JJ blew smoke into Shane’s face, all the while Wesker watching.

JJ chuckled as Shane continued to hold his breath before fanning his face quickly and coughed making JJ grunt walking away taking off his hat as Shane watched him swallowing hard, this was his next opponent.

“Shit…” He said lowly looking at the one camera now wishing Wesker was here to tell him what to do with the massive man. He took a breath to keep cool soon looking at Craig. “Hand me the fighting tape.” Shane said pointing to the white roll on the bench as Craig snatched it up tossing it to him. Slowly Shane started wrapping his left hand and forearm up with the tape as JJ walked around getting the other guards to cheer for him.

“Go Shane!” Craig shouted as Shane looked at him quickly. “Just helping your moral.” He said chuckling as Shane chuckled in response before tossing the tape back and patted his arm as JJ waited for him.

“Okay, stay focused.” Shane whispered taking a few deep breaths. “Remember what he said…” He soon repeated in his mind entering the circle holding up his fists as JJ laughed at him.

“Remember no weapons are allowed!” Craig shouted and soon repeated in their language as JJ scoffed as Shane tensed his legs. “Careful Shane, with you going this good, look out for those cheating!”

“Noted.” Shane said sternly jumping to the side as JJ charged at him and moved when JJ swung his arm, Shane smirked as JJ faced him again and gestured him to charge again, when JJ did Shane side stepped and caught JJ’s arm and held it before kicking the back of his knees knocking him down and jerked the arm as hard as he could in the opposite direction hearing a distinct pop and JJ yelling as is arm now bent in the wrong direction. “Don’t mess with me JJ.” Shane said coldly as Craig looked at him a bit startled, Shane sounded just like Wesker.

--

January 20, 2012 at 6:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Chap 14 Part 2)

A few hours later….

Outside of the fighting ring warehouse the sun was starting to set now as Craig stretched outside and Shane was taking the bloodied tape off his left hand and arm sighing in the process before looking at the sky seeing the various hues of orange, red and dark pink. A smile crossed his face, in a few more moments he could take the sunglasses off and go about, but he had to be careful with the bright lights that the facility had.

“Shane, I can’t believe you were able to pull that off.” Craig said looking at him. “Just wow, and you had training for one day!”

“I learn fast.” Shane said walking over to a trash bind dropping the used tape into it before brushing his shorts off giving off a mad sigh seeing they were torn on both legs and he cursed lowly before looking back at Craig. “But I think I’m getting far better than I thought, I mean, look at me.” He said holding out his arms as Craig looked at him. “I’m still the same, but I think those shots are helping my body become stronger and the pills, plus the food. Oh…” Shane said rubbing his stomach. “Mm, the food, I haven’t had such good food in nine long years, it actually has taste.” He said as Craig chuckled as they smelled BBQ on the wind. “Oh!” Shane said looking in the direction smelling the air. “We must have some of that!” Shane said taking off in a run following the smell as Craig struggled to keep up with him, by the time he did Shane was already there looking at the boar being roasted over the open pit and was smiling looking at Craig. “I never had wild boar, come on Craig, get in line.”

“Shane, you do know you shouldn’t be eating that right?” Craig asked as Shane looked at him. “Do you know what’s in the sauce?”

“I don’t care, I’m hungry and I want some meat.” Shane said soon taking a seat next to a tree a few feet from the pit as more guards gathered; one even brought over a radio and turned it on as music started to play. Shane bobbed his head to the beat as he leaned back propping his left arm on his left knee as his right leg relaxed on the ground. “You know, I just noticed something.” Shane said as Craig sat down to join him. “I haven’t seen Excella today.”

“She’s been busy doing some things for the boss, don’t worry too much, she’ll be dropping by sometime.” He told as a camera fixed on them as Shane sighed looking at the sky again and slowly took off his sunglass blinking as he smiled in the semi darkness of the setting day. “One of these days, you’ll be out here without those.”

“I hope so. I’m really looking forward to being like my dad. Maybe then…everything in my head will calm down.” Shane said looking at his sunglasses. “I’ll have eyes like his and I know people will leave me alone then if they saw them. Wouldn’t have to worry about being stabbed in the back.”

“That happened to you before?” Craig asked looking at him as Shane clipped the sunglasses to his tank top.

“One too many times.” He told rubbing his nose and watched the fire dancing, it hurt slightly but he managed to watch it. “But I sometimes find myself wondering about Alexia, the woman who was my real mother. I want to know about her but every time I see him, I forget to ask and even when I do remember he has to leave.”

“Alexia Ashford?” Craig asked as Shane nodded. “I remember reading about her, very smart kid and an amazing woman from what I was told. Though she had made her own virus T-Alexia. You should have seen what she looked like changed by it.” He said as Shane looked at him curiously. “Her blood caught on fire.”

“Fire blood, she must have been hot blooded.” Shane joked as Craig chuckled. “Must be something, you get cut by someone, they’re knife or weapon bursting into fire. Then they’ll think twice.” He said soon sneezing three times as Craig blessed him. “Thanks.” Shane said looking at the fire again letting his mind wander. “How long till he comes back?” Shane asked as Craig shrugged.

“I honestly don’t know, could be soon to a few hours or even tomorrow. It all depends if everything is moving smoothly with his plans.” Craig told and continued before Shane spoke. “And no, I don’t know what his plans are, I’m just a retainer. I joined him after he came through Germany a few years ago. Can’t tell you much but he is a brilliant man.”

“Yeah but also an asshole at times.” Shane chuckled yawning as darkness came upon them. “It’s not even late and I’m ready for bed.” He said watching them sauce the boar up. “Mm, that smells good.” He said seeing a few more guards coming with cases of beer, vodka and rum, course to Shane, the vodka looked like water. “I’m grabbing some water.” He said getting up walking over snatching a bottle of vodka and soon returned to his spot. Before Craig could stop him Shane already down 2/4s of the bottle before gagging realizing what it was, the guards were cracking up as Shane coughed and spat looking at the bottle. “What is this shit?!”

“Vodka you idiot.” Craig said snatching it from him.

After trying to drink the strong alcohol Shane’s throat and stomach burned and he crawled behind the tree and started to vomit. It was too late to counter the slight buzz he had since the alcohol was already in his system. Once he was done vomiting he let out a groan and sat back holding his stomach as Craig handed him a bottle of water.

“You should have asked first about it.” He said as Shane snatched the bottle drinking the water before coughing. “The boss is going to be so mad at us.”

“’Us’? Why would he get mad with you?” Shane asked crawling back to where he was before. “You didn’t do anything wrong?”

“I didn’t stop you in time from drinking that stuff.” He said as a guard came over with a boar leg and Craig thanked him offering some meat to Shane, he pealed it off carefully tossing it about in his hands cooling it down before chewing on it. “Good?” Craig asked as Shane nodded and peeled more off as he continued to eat.

After eating Shane had fallen asleep next to the tree as Craig enjoyed the rest of the leg meat, he had to make sure Shane was alright now and then before stretching hearing thunder rumbling in the distance making him and most of the guards that was there with them groan, another wet day and there were shipments coming in.

Craig whistled before calling over two guards who soon picked Shane up carrying him as they took him back to his room and Craig sighed finishing today’s job and soon retired back to the garage, the small office held a futon in which he slept on since one of his main jobs was keeping the vehicles tuned. When his cell phone rang he groaned picking it up.

“Hello?” He said half asleep hearing Wesker talking on the other end.

“Sorry to wake you Greg. I’ve run into a slight delay and I wanted to check in and see how you got along with Shane today. Did he have a good time?”

Craig sat up as he answered letting out a small grunt, “Yes sir, he enjoyed himself today. I’ll give you a full report when you arrive.”

Wesker responded coolly, “Excellent, I knew I could count on you. Is there anything else?”

Greg cleared his throat before talking, “Yes sir. Do you want me to continue helping Shane around? I still need to fix the Humvee….”

Wesker looked at his watch as he spoke on the phone, “I think the Humvee can wait. I want you to take Shane to the firing range and have one of our marksmen to teach him how to use a rifle and have him brush up on his handgun skills.”

Greg rubbed the back of his neck, “I’ll have to take him to the indoor range since we’re supposed to be getting heavy rains sometime tomorrow.”

Wesker sighed, “That’s fine Greg, as long as he gets the training. How did he do in the ring today?

Greg turned his head and yawned away from the phone before turning back and replying, “Sir, he did very well today in the fighting ring, the security cameras caught it all if you want to observe his progress.”

Wesker smiled, “Very good. Is everything okay with you Greg?”

Greg covered the speaker as he yawned again. “Sorry sir, just exhausted, Shane kept me going all day. The boy has energy to spare.”

Wesker smiled tightly, “That’s good to hear. If he asks about me just tell him I’ve been delayed by some business out here and that if he needs anything to come to you or Excella.”

Greg scratched his back as he spoke, “Yes sir. I will sir.”

Wesker hung up without saying goodbye. Greg was too groggy from exhaustion to care about his rudeness and laid back down on his cot and dropped the phone off his night stand onto the floor. Greg looked at it for a second before deciding he didn’t give a shit if it lay there all night and he fell fast asleep.

Elsewhere..

Lighting flashed and thunder rumbled. Wesker looked out the window and saw that small droplets of rain had started to dot the glass of his Humvee as the driver pulled up to a small dock near the river. Looking up into the sky Wesker saw that the thick of the storm was yet to come. Exiting the truck he made his way down the dock and got onto a medium size fishing boat.

As the boat cast off from the dock Wesker went below deck and sat on a bunk, pulled out his phone and reviewed the security camera footage he had recorded that day in the compound. Outside the storm built in intensity as the rain started to pelt the water craft and the surrounding area in sheets of driving rain. The sound of it was only broken by the thunder and lightning crackling and booming through the heavens.

--

January 20, 2012 at 6:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Chapter 15

Day 5 - St. Jeremy’s Hospital - 2 Years After Raccoon City

Shane laid on his bed staring at the ceiling before fixing his gaze on the camera in the one corner of the room, they were always watching him and he couldn’t do a thing about it. He felt so sick and stiff, the bed wasn’t helping any. He looked at the glass door and saw two orderlies walking along with a man in a straight jacket. His hair was long and matted beyond any combing, Shane flinched watching him struggle madly before the orderlies pinned him against the wall next to Shane’s door and he went stiff as the man looked at him and from what Shane could tell; the man was laughing.

Shane looked away quickly and laid back down covering his head with his pillow, this place was an insane asylum, he just knew it was. He had to get out of this place, he had to, from what he heard of mental institutes, he was going to be subjugated to experiments and endless testing. Once the man was gone with the orderlies, Shane stood up wobbling as he headed to the door feeling the edges carefully for anything, but there was nothing for him to hold onto. He kicked the door soon holding his foot as he hopped back to his bed growling at the useless tennis shoes he was wearing. Quickly he looked around for anything he could use to hit the door with, even checking under the bed frame for anything and found nothing.

“Crap.” Shane said lowly looking at the glass door again. “It’s made of glass, a good charge should break it.” He told himself moving back as much as possible before charging hitting it only to stay there holding his left shoulder. “Fuck…” He said turning around slowly holding his shoulder. “Ouch…”

For a few moments Shane soon turned and looked at the glass door, studying it carefully before pushing against it not having it budge an inch. He hit it with the palm of his hand causing a loud whap to echo in his cell before he pressed his head against it to try and see if there was anything else out there besides what was in front of him. Alas, the walls prevented him from seeing anything.

“I need to get out of here.” He whispered. “But how..?”

-Present

The storm hit the facility hard as the rain fell greatly eventually causing muddy streams to appear on the ground as they ran all about. Shane stood at the entrance peeking outside at the falling rain enjoying see it, hearing it and smelling it. There were only a rare few guards that would dare to walk about in this storm but Shane knew he needed to get to the garage to get Craig so they could continue with exploring and maybe more training. But he was worried about Wesker now since it was already 10 AM and he wasn’t back yet.

He watched the falling rain and smiled, he wouldn’t need to wear the sunglasses today since it was hazy thus he left them back in his room. He soon closed the door and hurried back to find a rain coat or something to cover up with. The drawers on the bed frame yielded a nice long dark blue trench coat and he slipped it on over his clothes, he didn’t have time to change so he left one what he wore yesterday but he knew they were in dire need of washing but that’ll be taken care of later in the day.

Once he was back at the door he opened in and hurried out keeping the coat closed, the water was already soaking his head and ran down inside tickling his skin as he finally reached the garage shaking the water off, he lowered his head pressing his hands firmly against his head draining the water off his hair before flicking it about with his hands as he stood up taking the coat off hanging it onto the Humvee’s mirror before looking outside as thunder bellowed.

“That was fun.” He said chuckling spotting another camera near the entrance. “A lot of cameras…feels like home.” He said shaking his head soon turning bitter. “Always watching…always watching you.” He soon kicked the one Humvee door which woke Craig up in his office.

“What the hell?” He groaned looking at the clock and groaned hearing another bang and looked through the window seeing Shane kicking the Humvee’s door. “Hey! Knock that off!” He shouted as Shane quickly turned and looked in the office as Craig grumbled getting up. “Now I got to fix the door again…” He soon started cursing in German as he unlocked the door. “Why are you wrecking the boss’s Humvee for?”

“Sorry.” Shane said kicking it again before grabbing his trench coat. “What are we doing today?” He asked annoyed with seeing the camera even though he knew it was to keep an eye out for invaders, it drove him nuts.

Craig yawned and stretched, “Well…we’re going to the shooting range to help you with guns.” He said soon scratching his back walking to the entrance and soon sighed spreading his legs and peed. “But we’ll have to go in the main building since it’ll be a lot faster.” He told soon finishing.

Shane said nothing as he leaned against the Humvee holding a fist and had his eyes closed tightly trying to fight off the memories of the asylum and soon he slid to the floor hitting his head back against the Humvee trying his hardest to push the memories away but he couldn’t. A few tears streamed down his face as Craig watched him, Wesker didn’t tell him what to do if Shane was to have a mental break down.

“Shane, please calm down.” He said walking over zipping up his pants before kneeling. “Take some steady breaths and listen to my voice. Okay?” He asked as Shane nodded as Craig slowly sang in a low tune in German, the accent and the language made Shane think of Kristoff and how he had full faith in trust in that man who kept his word all the way. Craig smiled seeing Shane’s body relax before patting him on the shoulder. “Better?”

“Yeah..” Came Shane’s reply as he sighed. “I just hate not having control.” He told standing back up putting the coat on. “Hurry and get your coat, the faster we can finish today’s training the more I can lay down.”

“You’re tired?” Craig asked puzzled as he grabbed his coat hanging behind his office door. “But you slept through the night.” He said slipping it on.

“Some of it…” Shane said looking at the rain. “I woke up vomiting..” He said soon rushing to the entrance and vomited before coughing. “Shit…” He grumbled as Craig walked over to him patting him on the back. “I just hope I don’t fall for alcohol again. I mean why did it have to resemble water?”

“Well that’s vodka for you, I know there’s some that look like soda.” Craig said pulling his hood up watching the rain fall in great tides. “Man, this rain might never let up for a few days…” He grumbled. “Or it might, I’m certain there’s a big storm coming, usually does after one like this.” He said looking at Shane. “We’ll have a few sunny days and then sudden, a raging storm so bad you would think it was a hurricane.”

“Really?” Shane asked curious before looking back outside taking a breath. “Race you.” He said smirking before taking off in a run with Craig following behind him. “Come on Craig, run faster!” Shane teased running through the puddles and mud with ease as Craig fumbled along trying to avoid as much as possible before ending up having muddy water splashed in his face by a passing truck making Shane laugh loudly seeing Craig covered in mud head to toe.

“My word! That’s so funny!” Shane said laughing as Craig grumbled following after him cursing in German hoping Wesker didn’t see that. “Come on Craig, you have to admit that was funny.” Shane said wiping his hair back before spiting the water from his mouth.

“I would be if it happened to you, you little punk.” Craig grumbled as they hurried on again reaching inside before shaking off the mud and water as Shane snickered before having a handful of mud smeared in his face. “Ha!” Craig said as Shane coughed and wiped his face quickly.

“That sucked!” Shane said spitting at the floor trying to hide his smile, he was starting to trust Craig, hell, Craig was acting like an older brother. “I’ll get you back Craig, wait and see.” Shane told getting off as much mud as possible before hanging his coat up with Craig.

“Okay kid, follow me.” Craig said gesturing as they headed down the hallway, Shane was silent most of the walk toward the indoor shooting range, course when Shane saw they were coming to the point where guards were standing he had to smile being able to find out what was beyond. Craig spoke to them as they nodded letting him pass before they looked at Shane. “He’s with me.” Craig said as Shane looked at them. “He’s the head’s son.” He added as they stood to the side letting Shane pass through with ease.

Shane wondered now, as they continued to walk, if he would be able to pass with ease saying that to the other guards? Once today’s training was done he was going to do it to the guards down the hall of his room. He took a deep breath and left it out fighting off his tiredness as Craig started humming again and before long they heard muffled gunshots. The door opened as soon as they got close and Shane’s jaw dropped slightly seeing how many guns were hung on the wall behind the glass counter that was being tended to by a man who wore a purple handkerchief around his throat.

“Ah, greetings.” The man said smiling gently tipping his hat to the two. “I got a lot of fines guns.” He said with a gesture. “What’ca wanna fire?” He asked as Shane titled his head slightly trying to place the man’s accent but failed finding it.

“Hmm..” Craig said looking at the guns while Shane leaned against the glass counter looking at the pistols before pointing at the .45 within. “Find something?” He asked walking over looking through the glass. “Oh, a .45 Beretta, nice gun.”

“Yeah, that’s what Kevin had.” Shane said smiling. “I can still remember him letting me fire it for the first time, the recoil wasn’t as bad as I thought and the force behind the blast, feeling it hit your chest, wow.” He said as the man with the purple handkerchief smiled pulling it out setting it on the counter.

“A nice gun and great choice.” He said setting ear muffs on the counter as well as two magazines of ammo. “You can enter the shooting range right there.” He said pointing to another door that had a glass window next to it revealing the other side. Beyond were individual stalls that had two guards shooting their guns. “The instructor will help you.” He added.

“I’ll be helping.” Craig said soon looking at the guns on the wall. “Sako 75 and the VZ61.” He said pointing to them as they were soon taken off the wall and laid on the counter as Shane looked at them. “You’re going to learn how to use them, you know how to handle shotguns and pistols, now you’ll learn how to handle these two before going into the bigger ones.”

Shane nodded grabbing the .45 Beretta and the ammo pocketing them before grabbing the earmuffs. “Let’s do it.” He said taking the VZ61 into hand looking it over curious how to take care of it and upgrade it but right now he needed to learn how to fire it and he exhaled.

“Come on.” Craig said walking past him slipping his earmuffs on before opening the door and entered as Shane came following behind putting his earmuffs on grumbling at how people were able to fire their guns without going deaf. Craig stood at their booth with the rifle laid neatly on the small counter laying the ammo out. “Now Shane, firing a rifle might hurt at first but you’ll get use to it. Now, that you were in Raccoon City, did you fire any high caliber weapons?”

“A police shotgun.” Came the reply as Shane laid down the VZ61 and the .45 down. “My right shoulder still hurts from it now and then but I’m dealing with it.” He said leaning against the wall soon spotting a camera in the corner making him smirk and chuckle before picking up the rifle. “Okay…” He said looking it over carefully seeing it was loaded from the top. “Reminds me of the WWII rifles..” He said opening the chamber and looked at it carefully. “Clean, nothing inside.”

“You sure know how to tend and look in a gun for someone who was locked up in an asylum for nine years.” Craig said poking Shane on the head as he glared in response.

“Don’t push me.” Shane warned holding the gun. “It’s because I saw a good few military and war films, plus a dear friend of mine showed me. I liked watching cop movies too. Always wanted to either be a cop or a military commander.” He said smiling thinking of Heather now which stung at his heart making his eyes glisten and Craig could tell instantly the boy was going to drop a tear or two soon feeling Craig patting him on the shoulder before being hugged making him look around embarrassed before patting Shane on the back.

“You’ll be fine Shane.” Craig told him. “Promise.”

--

January 20, 2012 at 6:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Chap 15 Part 2)

Day 6 - St. Jeremy’s Hospital - 2 Years after Raccoon City

“Okay…” Shane whispered to himself watching the glass door, he had been observing the orderlies and guards habits ever since yesterday and knew they changed shifts close around lunch and dinner time for Shane took note of the two orderlies that would always bring him those two meals. The guards were hard to predict at times but he managed to catch that they always pass just before the red light that would blink in the hall would come on into a steady shine. Apparently that was when the security check comes into work, but that was only a theory Shane had.

Slowly he stood up looking out the glass door and then at the camera in the high corner of his cell, yesterday he tried to get it and ended up on the floor hurting his foot, damn thing was higher up than he expected and knew that he will be able to get it once he older but that thought would always turn his stomach, he didn’t want to stay here, hell no.

“Time to try.” He whispered rubbing his head flinching as it still ache before urinating into the toilet, once finished he wobbled acting like he was suddenly sick before dropping to his knees and then onto the floor, those watching him will have to send someone since they kept checking on his head wound and force him to take those nasty pills.

Five minutes passed until he heard faint footsteps outside of the glass door, he was smiling inside as the glass door opened, he didn’t pay much attention to what the orderlies were saying but counted as he opened his left eye seeing they were going around him and he screamed at himself to run. The orderlies didn’t suddenly expect the boy to scramble out of the room, due to the fact they were looking at their papers until someone shouted into their radios that Shane was escaping!

Shane got onto his feet and ran for it down the hall, his feet clapping in the white hallway as he pushed another orderly opening the checkpoint gate allowing him more room to run, to wherever he could go until he saw an elevator making him hurry to it hitting the down button frantically hearing the orderlies shouting down the hall he came from.

“Come on, come on.” He said as the bell chimed and he jumped in hitting any button as the doors closed making him sigh soon feeling it moving down. He was smiling till the power to the elevator was cut out forcing him to look around in panic and he hit the buttons trying to get it to move but his ears were soon filled with a metallic sound that groaned from the sound of weight. Slowly Shane moved back against the back of the elevator gripping the handle bars feeling the elevator move slightly. “No, no, no…” He whispered not seeing the tiny camera in the one corner of the elevator watching him and when the elevator dropped slightly Shane screamed and held onto the handle bars till his knuckles were turning white. “Stop!” He shouted looking around frantically for an exit of any kind before the elevator started moving again making him panic, he was soon clawing at the door madly in a frantic attempt to get it to open.

Again that sound in the elevator shaft sounded making Shane shout for help feeling the elevator moving soon hearing voices above, he could only hear a little bit and what it sounded like was the power went out on this section of the complex. Again he shouted out for help and the voices fell silent until one shouted about the elevator moving again which Shane was feeling and it soon started to drop again making him shout in terror before it stopped again, roughly this time sending him to the floor hard.

“Someone get me out of here!” He shouted not caring what happens now as long as someone got him out, he was trapped in a death box. “Please!” He begged crawling to the back of the elevator shaking badly soon hearing the power come back on and it started moving again, but this time going up as he shook more thinking it would suddenly drop again. When it finally stopped Shane practically jumped out of it, hugging the floor sobbing, the four orderlies that were waiting for him instantly pinned him down, one hit him with a nightstick while another gave him a shot, but he was happy to be on solid ground once again.

-Present

Three hours later…

Shane growled watching the target in the distance moving, he had missed it twice since they upped the speed on it and Craig always nailed it before he could even fire a shot making the target turn sideways which took a few seconds to make it turn around or have another target pop up. Craig was generous to have started this little competition with Shane since they exchanged the sniper rifle for a better one, a Dragunov SVD.

“Stay focused.” Shane whispered to himself wondering now if Wesker was competitive as Craig was, course he had to push that aside quickly as another target popped up in the far right corner making him turn and fire hitting it just as Craig shot hitting it as well. “Beat you.” Shane whispered as the buzzer sounded ending their round, he looked to his left at the score board in his booth and cursed, he was a hundred points shorter than Craig. “Shit.” He grumbled putting the rifle on the table as Craig peeked around the corner sticking out his tongue as Shane flipped him the birdy only to have him chuckle. “Ass.” Shane said crossing his arms. “Can’t even beat a fucking mechanic, how the hell am I to beat the old man?” He asked soon leaning on the counter fully looking at the shooting range. “The middle pops up first slowly and then two on the left, three on the right, a left corner, a right middle and then two on left and right.” He said having memorized the pattern since he had been staring at it so long, he was getting a headache having it played in his head and soon was drawn out of his thoughts as the doctor tapped him on the shoulder making him huff before pulling his shirt up.

The shots were new for him since they were given to him in the back, but he still had to take his pills which was worth getting since they didn’t hurt but he had to smile now since they no longer tasted like crap nor made him sleepy. He took a breath as the needle was pushed into his skin making him shift uncomfortably but held his place, when it was over he nodded and the doctor left after Shane took his pills. A huff escaped him as Craig looked at him from around the corner teasing him as Shane glared at him before flipping him the birdy again and this time with both of them only to have Craig laugh ducking back into his booth.

“Wish he was here.” Shane whispered looking at the shooting range again, he wanted to hear what kind of pointers Wesker would point out to him, course he would get lectured on missing the one target twice. Slowly he picked up the .45 Beretta and slipped a full magazine into it and loaded it hitting the green button on the counter starting a new round. “Keep focused.” He whispered taking a slow breath, he could hear Kevin…

-

August 23rd, 1996 - 5:01 PM - Raccoon City Forest

“This should be easy.” Kevin said kneeling behind Shane helping the young boy hold the .45 correctly. “Let your arms relax, you tense too much it will hurt.” He said as Shane nodded as Kevin smiled making sure the earmuffs on Shane’s head were well over his ears. “Take a slow breath, don’t rush.” He said as Shane looked at the tin can propped up on a low tree branch. “Whenever you’re ready, fire.” Kevin said as Shane took a slow and deep breath aiming the gun before pulling the trigger. The blast pushed him back slightly and if Kevin wasn’t there, Shane would have been on the ground instantly. His arms tingled slightly from the recoil which wasn’t that bad, but he missed hitting the branch. “Almost.” Kevin said chuckling. “Try again.”

Shane had to admit that this was fun, he had always wanted to fire this badass gun since he first remembered Kevin coming to visit. At first Shane was terrified thinking he had done something wrong until Kevin showed he was a cool guy, showing him his gun and badge that seemed so powerful in the eyes of a child.

Kevin today, he was slightly upset and Shane saw that but knew how to make Kevin smile. Sofia managed to snag them some movie tickets for an old wild west movie that was going to be playing in an hour. One of Shane’s favorite times to spend with Kevin was at the movies, how he would always joke how he would have beaten the villain and shot the guy off the roof.

“Steady..” Kevin said drawing Shane out of his thoughts aiming again. “Take your time Shane, just remember, when it’s a real person, you have to make sure you know he’s either going to hurt you or he’s just a civilian.”

“Okay..” Shane said aiming carefully.

-Present…

Shane was tired and laid on his bed, it wasn’t very late but he was done with today’s training. He made a false excuse that he wasn’t feeling well which was slightly true since he was exhausted and still threw up from the fighting he did in the ring, he never expected being hit that hard in the gut that many times. The bed felt like something from a dream as he laid on it and rolled over onto his back remembering the tips and pointers Kevin would give him, how a few times Kevin would come by talking about S.T.A.R.S. and how awesome they were but there were a few times Kevin would come around upset that made Shane sad for him hearing that he wasn’t accepted onto the team.

‘The Alpha Captain was always uptight, never letting anyone a chance to try and get in. Hell, even Chief Irons beats him in the long run. I swear he’s a nut case and the captain was too prideful.’ Kevin would say. ‘Chris, man, now that’s a guy you should hang around with. Tough and cool, plus Forest and Joseph. We would have a great time talking at the bar, course I tried having them help me get in, but still their prick ass captain wouldn’t accept me. I’m a great shot with guns and still they turn me down.’ Kevin would later add, always leave Shane wondering about those people.

“Maybe dad would know.” Shane whispered as he yawned and stretched. “Oh man.” He said groaning as he stretched fully before slumping on the bed not caring where his limbs were at, right now he only cared for the softness of his bed and enjoy the sounds his room had to offer, course, he would change his clothes later. “I hope he comes home soon.” Shane said yawning again wiping the tears in his eye that came from his yawn before finally falling asleep.

--

January 20, 2012 at 6:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Chap 15 Part 3)

August 23rd, 1996 - 6:05 PM - Raccoon City - Stanly Theater

“Come on! We can’t be late!” Shane said jumping up and down, the movie poster outside of the theater really got his attention. It showed a cowboy on a horse that was rearing back with a training coming at him in the background with three faces of the villain, a kid and the woman in need of help. The cowboy was a sheriff too.

“We have to wait for Kevin sweetie.” Sofia said looking at him. “So hyper you are today.”

“Kevin and I had a blast!” Shane said chuckling before seeing Kevin coming up the street toward them making Shane smile greatly seeing the cowboy hat and the giant belt buckle on his waist that had a giant star on it plus hearing the boots Kevin wore made Shane chuckle.

“Howdy.” Kevin said tipping his hat as he reached them as Shane hurried over looking at the belt buckle. “Made of pure silver.” Kevin said smiling as Sofia smiled.

“Movie is starting soon. ‘Train To Nowhere’ is what it’s called.” She told as Shane ran over pointing to the poster to show it to Kevin who walked over looking at it soon naming the actors and actress off. “Let’s go boys.” Sofia said at the door as Shane hurried inside with Kevin coming after him, once inside the doors closed.

The movie lasted over two hours and Shane enjoyed it so much he started acting like the sheriff that was in it, doing justice and riding his noble steed around to look for clues while taking down the bad guys, Kevin only chuckled pulling out something in his one pocket and showed it to Sofia who smiled and nodded approvingly.

“Shane, come here squirt.” Kevin said kneeling in his cowboy boots as Shane hurried over. “I have you something.” He said as Shane tried to see what it was behind his back. “Now, close your eyes.” And Shane did feeling Kevin taking hold of his shirt, there was a clicking noise and weight on the shirt making Shane wonder more to what it was. “Okay.” Kevin said as Shane opened and looked down seeing it.

Kevin had got him a replica sheriffs badge from the old West, making him gasp and touch the round star badge before hugging Kevin. “Thank you!” He said soon showing Sofia before marching around like the sheriff did in the movie. “Hey now, just you try anything wrong little missy.” He said to a woman who was passing them making her giggle before Shane returned to Kevin and Sofia. “I’ll have this with me all the time.” He said nodding and patted it. “I’ll take great care of it.”

-Present

‘I lost the badge mom, I lost the badge Kevin gave me.’ Twelve year old Shane said in the darkness of Shane’s mind. ‘I lost my backpack when I was attacked, that badge was in it.’

‘It’s okay sweetie, we all lost some precious things. Just count the blessing you have right now: You’re alive and with me. That’s all that matters right now.’ Sofia told him. ‘I love you baby.’

‘I love you too mom.’

‘Well, that’s it for Raccoon City and my job.’ Kevin said huffing. ‘Don’t worry Shane, everything’s still cool.’

‘I’m so sorry I lost it.’

‘It’s nothing, I can always get you another one squirt.’

Shane slowly rolled over onto his side as he slept before moving slightly to get comfortable on the edge of the bed, Wesker had came back shortly after Shane fell asleep. He sat in the mirror room observing Shane as he sat in one of the chairs he had in there before fixing his gaze on the papers he held, when a knock came to the door he looked slightly at it.

“Enter.” He said returning to the papers as the doctor came in with Shane’s latest blood work, once Wesker had it the doctor left. “Everything’s looking good..” He said lowly before looking into Shane’s room seeing him soon fall off the bed making him chuckle as Shane cursed having been awaken suddenly, Wesker watched him climb back into bed only to fall back to sleep half way and once again he slid off the bed landing on the floor. Wesker shook his head before wondering why Shane was so exhausted, he was able to observe Shane though most of the live feed from the security cameras but he was only to see a little bit.

The past few days, Shane had been training hard, it was needed and the boy had to be taught how to fight and how to handle firearms. The exhaustion was finally catching up with him, thankfully the shots and pills were keeping the boy from getting sick, the combination of the two, sickness and exhaustion, would be too much for him. Wesker returned to his papers, things were starting to improve now since that the one matter was dealt away with but another arose that irritated him, he only had a few hours to spend with Shane before leaving once again.

Wesker soon stood up dropping the papers into a trash bin before observing Shane once more before leaving the mirror room, he needed to get some fresh air to help clear his mind. All the idiots he had working for him was giving him a headache. He spent ten minutes outside before walking into the falling rain.

In the rain, Wesker walked around slowly, he didn’t mind getting wet since he really needed to get a shower after being gone for so long that he felt disgusted. The compounds outdoor lights were providing enough lighting he could see his way back to the main building only to stop as a truck was coming, once it passed Wesker saw Shane sitting on the steps leading into the wing he was housed at. “Shane?” Wesker asked walking over to him as Shane looked up at him, the boy was already soaked to the bone and whipped the water from his face.

“About time you came back.” Shane said smiling lightly. “I was getting worried.” He told as Wesker chuckled. “What took you so long? Problems?”

“That and touching up on a few sleeping projects.” Wesker told as Shane stood up. “Why are you out here without a coat?” He asked concerned which was a bit weird for him to say.

“Figured one way to get cooled off and washed was to stand out in the largest shower you ever can be in.” Shane said looking up at the sky letting the rain hit his face. “It feels so good feeling it…” He said soon sighing.

“Shane, you need to go back inside before you get sick.” Wesker said sternly. “You’ve been working hard these past few days and I don’t want you over exerting yourself. With what you went through in the fighting ring, I would expect you to be in bed resting and recovering.”

Shane just listened to him before looking at him bitterly suddenly. “Don’t start.” He said walking away, following the path he and Craig walked to the fighting ring before coughing again holding his stomach having Wesker walk over to him briskly. “Just don’t start..” Shane said turning from him vomiting again before spitting at the ground. “My stomach hurts like hell…haven’t been able to hold in any food..” He said coughing soon feeling Wesker patting him on the back trying to help him, but this was concerning, the boy shouldn’t be getting sick.

“Tell me when your stomach started hurting. I need to know Shane so I can help anyway I can.” Wesker said rubbing Shane’s back trying to help.

“My stomach has been hurting since yesterday, I guess being hit there by two of those guards is really taking a toll on me.” Shane said coughing again. “Ugh…but I‘ll live, they didn‘t hit as hard as the orderlies did in the asylum…fucking asylum.” He told standing up taking a few breaths. “I swear I‘ll kill the ass that put me in there.” He grumbled as Wesker walked with him along the path. “I have a few questions.” Shane said looking at Wesker slightly before cringing as thunder suddenly bellowed loudly making him cover his ears. “Shit.” He said as Wesker looked at him and before he could speak Shane spoke first. “I don’t care so don’t say anything, I hate when thunder sudden happens to one so close.” He said moving faster now through the rain.

“Why are you out here? You should be resting since you’re recovering from the blows.” Wesker said avoiding a muddy puddle before looking at Shane quickly.

“I don’t know….I just felt like I should take a walk, but I think we could spend some time in the fighting ring.” Shane said looking at him smiling lightly. “Oh! Did you hear? I took down your best man.” Shane said putting on a smug smile as Wesker looked at him curiously. “JJ, you know that big guy with the cigar? I broke his arm!” Shane said laughing before catching himself. “Sorry…” He said finally as they entered the building.

Wesker began to take off his coat before looking at Shane, “He’ll be fine. I read the report.” He said shaking the water off the coat before hanging it on a hook. “With my medical team, he’ll be ready for combat in a day or two depending on the extent of damage you’ve done. Which I must say is impressive.”

Shane stretched out before taking off his boots and socks as he sat on the bench, “I hope so, I mean, if he’s one of your main guys, he would be out of commission for a few weeks since I did that. I hope you‘re right about a few days…” He said before jumping up rotating his shoulders as Wesker readied himself. “Got any pointers for me pops?”

Wesker smiled lightly, “First, make sure you know your target. Not knowing about who he is will make it hard for you to counter any of his attacks. Make sure you are not distracted, this can be a downfall for you, just keep your mind focused on killing your target.” Wesker said fixing his gloves.

Shane nodded and held up his fists as Wesker started to move to Shane’s left making him move to the right keeping out of his range. “No super strength.” Shane said. “This has to be fair.” He told as Wesker just looked at him shaking his head. “I’m serious, once I get to be like you, then I will kick your ass.” He said charging throwing a punch which Wesker blocked easily as well as the kick to the side making Shane back up and keep out of range. “Time for you to start answering some questions.” Shane said moving to keep out of range, he practically jumped backwards when Wesker took a step toward him.

“Like what?” Wesker asked coolly moving toward Shane quickly to kick hitting Shane’s block but it still made him stumble backwards. “You need to brace your legs.” He pointed out as Shane rubbed his arms trying to get them from stop stinging.

Shane was going to call him something but decided against it. “What was my mom like? Alexia.”

“A brilliant young girl, one of the few best researchers of Umbrella.” He said as Shane threw another punch in which he blocked. “You have her eyes.” He said soon grabbing Shane’s other arm as he threw the punch, with ease he twisted the boy’s arm around before having Shane’s arm pressed against his own throat. “I found her again in Antarctica, I asked her to come with me but instead she decided to attack me.” He told releasing Shane and pushed him away gently so the boy could recover. “She would not listen to reason.”

“Why didn’t you just take her by force?” Shane asked doing that same move again but slowly so Wesker could show him how to reverse it. “If you took her, would she still be here today?” He said as Wesker soon reversed Shane’s arm forcing it against his throat again before letting him go as Shane played it over in his head as Wesker continued to talk.

“I would have but we were interrupted.” Wesker said moving to Shane trying to punch him to have Shane attempt to block it but the block took most of the impact while a small fraction took it to the bruise on his face making him back away quickly rubbing his left eye. “Alexia would have been standing here with us if she wasn’t killed, and trust me Shane, she would be proud of you if she was still with us.” He said as Shane looked at him and there in the boy’s eyes Wesker saw he was hoping and that of sadness mixed with anger. “Don’t worry, I know who killed her…”

“More like murdered her.” Shane growled. “She still had a future, she had a family to see and the person that attacked her just plain out murdered her.” He said rubbing his left eye again trying to keep the tears inside him. There could have been a chance he would have met her, but once again, someone took it from him, for years he wanted a complete family, Sofia was taken from him and learning of his real mother and how she was killed. The only person he had left was Wesker and he didn’t want to lose him either. “Promise me something..” Shane said looking at the floor.

“I’ll make a promise if you do one for me.” Wesker said as Shane looked at him and nodded lightly. “You must promise me if something were to ever happen to this place, like that of the BSAA attacking and/or take over, you will run.” He said as Shane was about to protest he raised a hand to hush him. “You are not yet fully ready to fight them and we can‘t risk having their hands on you. Do you understand?” Wesker asked as Shane nodded. “You will run to the river just a few miles from here, there is a small shanty town not far from here, if you follow the river you will see the town. Find the docks and ask for a man named Babu.” Wesker said as he heard Shane whisper the name over a few times before nodding to him. “Can you remember all that?”

“I should be able to, unless someone hits me too hard on the head again.” Shane said pointing to his bruise as Wesker chuckled lightly. “Now you will make my promise, don’t do anything that will get you killed.” He said crossing his arms as Wesker did the same thing which made the two look at each other oddly before Shane quickly relaxed his arms. “I’m serious, I can’t lose you, you’re the only family I have left… if you were to be taken…I would lose myself..” He said looking away not wanting to think of it anymore, he barely knew him but it didn’t matter, Wesker was his father and that’s all he cared for. Before he could speak anymore he felt arms around him and soon sobbed into Wesker’s arm as he hugged him.

Wesker had to force himself to hug Shane, to try and comfort the boy as much as possible. He knew what Shane was feeling, he felt the same way when he was a child and with Shane’s mental state so unstable, a simple hug will reverse it. At least, that was his theory since Shane had a tendency to hug him at times he was upset or scared. “I’m not going anywhere Shane.” He whispered holding onto the boy. “I promise you that."

--

January 20, 2012 at 6:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

-Chapter 16

Two hours later…

Shane fumbled to the entrance groaning as he leaned against his legs, resting his hands above his knees as Wesker walked over holding his broken sunglasses in one hand before looking at Shane with a mild expression of irritation.

“Ouch, shitty fuck.” Shane said soon rubbing his butt. “Why the hell did you have to get so rough with me, I won’t be able to sit for days!” He growled glaring at Wesker who glared back at him.

Wesker smirked, “Maybe next time you’ll be more respectful of other people’s property.” He said as he looked at the broken sunglasses in his hand before looking back at Shane, “Also you should be more mindful of your surroundings. It shouldn’t have been that easy for me to sneak up on you,” Shane grumbled and Wesker ignored it and kept speaking, “Don’t worry though, with my help you’ll not be taken unawares again… at least not as easily.”

Shane shook his head, “How would you like it if I attacked you from behind?” Shane inhaled through his nose deeply and then spit a wad of phlegm at Wesker’s feet before rubbing his bottom again. “Hurts like hell.”

Wesker looked down at the blob of spit that missed his boot and then looked up at Shane in disgust, “Your constant complaining is becoming tiresome boy.” Wesker tossed his broken sunglasses into a nearby trash bin as his eyes flashed red for a second before he closed them tight and pinched his thumb and forefinger on the bridge of his nose. Without open his eyes Wesker continued speaking, “Do you honestly expect me to believe that a smack on your bottom is that painful considering all the other things you’ve been through? Really Shane, your childish attempts at sympathy and attention are laughable at this point.” Wesker opened his eyes to see Shane whipping the middle finger at him. Wesker’s eyes glowed red for a second startling Shane, making him back up slightly startled before his anger returned.

Shane just glared at Wesker bitterly before looking away as he found a bench and sat down carefully, he wasn’t expecting to be kicked on the ass. He and Wesker had even laid down padding on the floor so neither of them would get hurt trying to flip the other in arm locks, course, Shane lost. He was good with wrestling, since he done it a lot in high school cause of the bullies and even the orderlies, but Wesker had him in positions he swore would kill. A few times it almost felt like his spine would snap in half or his leg would break, but it was with a swift move that he was able to break Wesker’s sunglasses, but that resulted in a firm boot kick right up on his ass.

“I think for your sake I’ll conclude your training for today. You’re not in the proper mindset to learn and I would hate to see you get hurt again because of your lack of discipline.” Wesker turned around walking toward his coat when he heard Shane’s feet padding towards him swiftly. Wesker let Shane tackle him to the floor mats. He knew the boy needed to learn patience and the ability to control his anger and maybe this was the only way he would learn. Still Shane was hurt and he still felt the need to prove himself and Wesker took small comfort in that.

With ease Wesker elbowed Shane’s side making his rib cage flex causing a sharp grunt of pain to escape his mouth before Wesker hit him again in the same spot making Shane gasp for air from the pain. Before he could react Wesker flipped Shane off his back and slammed him flat onto the mats. Shane tried to breathe but Wesker’s full weight was on top of his stomach as he squatted with his knee pressing into Shane’s gut. Wesker was angry and was pointing his finger an inch from Shane’s wide eyes which made all the anger in him quickly turn to fear.

Wesker spoke with a coldness that sent a shiver up Shane’s spine, “I want you to understand something boy. When I say the something is over, it… is… OVER! If you want to act like a petulant child I will treat you like one and have you sent back to the asylum. Then you can spend all day and night whining to the lunatics, doctors and guards about how unfair your life is and cries about every little ache and pain.” Shane was silent as Wesker stared at him a second before standing up again, grabbed his jacket and slipped it on as he said, “You have a choice to make Shane. Grow up and be the man I know you can be or remain an ignorant child locked in a cage of your own making.”

Wesker left the room leaving Shane alone with his thoughts. It hurt to admit it but Wesker was right. He had been overreacting to things more and more and it was time for him to stop acting out and get a better hold on his emotions.

-

Day 34 - St. Jeremy’s Hospital - 2 Years after Raccoon City

It was silent in the open room; Shane could only sit there on the padding and think. The amount of time he had to be in there annoyed him but it was the only time he can actually do anything. Normally he would sit and think or run around, but this time he was aiming for new heights. The catwalk, the balcony that was around the room. He had to think hard but he knew it would be impossible to reach it but that didn’t mean he couldn’t try.

He stood at a good height for himself, of five feet and ten inches and still growing, if he was fast enough and timed it just right, he just might be able to slightly run up the wall and jump to the catwalk. Slowly he stood up and moved to the back of the room, the guard watched him closely shifting the rifle he had carefully knowing Shane was going to do something but he didn’t know what until he watched Shane run as fast as he could to the other end trying to run up the wall only to slip and fall onto his back hard onto the padding making the guard laugh at the boy’s feeble attempt.

Shane cursed rolling onto his side before slowly getting up, he knew that was the dumbest thing he had ever done, he never tried running up anything before and now had a new objective. Learning how to do it. The many times he saw boys and men doing it for fun, he knew he should have started it when he was younger but he was too occupied with Track and Field to even think of doing it. But now, it was all gone.

“Keep practicing.” He told himself brushing himself off hearing the guard chuckling making him run to the other end to try again and this time he crashing into the padding knocking him down hard onto his back. “Shut up!” He snapped hearing the guard laughing loudly now as Shane got up and ran again to the other end managing to get up the all two steps before dropping down.

He was never able to reach it before they came back; he kept away from them managing to knock one down till a sharp pain flared on his back causing him to drop instantly holding where the bag was shot at him. It stung a thousand times worse than a big sting and he was fighting hard against the pain but he could not stop his shoulder from becoming numb. The orderlies were on him in a flash, one applying pressure to where he was hit making him struggle in vain to get away but it was pointless, he cursed and gave up. This was a failure and he wasn’t going to do anything as they pulled him out and into the hallway.

It was a few minutes till Shane was ordered to strip down to shower, he hated this and did what he was told standing in the shower looking at the other patients before shaking his head. Once his pants went down he caught sight of the orderlies raising brows and a few shaking their heads as Shane thought, “...Fucking assholes.” Shane grumbled thinking of those that tormented him. “I’m going to hurt them so much.” He continue taking his shirt off snatching his soap bar and walked over to the showerhead allowing the hot water to rush over him, but he gasped feeling it wasn’t hot but cold. Shane screamed, “Jackasses!” and he then covered his mouth as an orderly approached making him back up under the water instantly.

No talking was allowed in the shower, he learned that last week after yelling at an orderly that was hitting another patient, in the process he was smack hard across the face and then hit on the back by a nightstick. He sighed as the warm water finally fell onto his skin allowing him to wash up; planning was all he could do now.

--

March 13, 2012 at 5:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Ch 16 Part 2-

-Present

Two days later…

Wesker sighed and checked his watch while sitting in the passenger seat of the Humvee. It had been two days of missed training for Shane but Wesker’s plans came first. He looked out of the window up at the sky and was glad the storm had died out yesterday and the ground seemed to already be parched and baked from the blazing sun once again.

Despite his strength and enhanced stamina Wesker was weary from the constant running around he had to do lately and he just wanted to stay on base today and relax for a while before resuming Shane’s training.

Thanks to his slave Jill he didn’t need to keep tabs on the next few shipments coming in. Excella was proving to be an excellent handler for Jill and she actually seemed to take pleasure in ordering around someone she didn’t have to pay to work for her. As the truck approached the base Wesker smiled tightly and thought of Shane again. He was still surprised he could feel this sort of bond with another human being considering he despised most everyone else he came into contact with.

After entering the front gate, Wesker could see everything was still in perfect working order. As they passed the motor pool Wesker saw Craig still trying to get the broken Humvee to work properly. The vehicle was already half way out of the garage. The Humvee rumbled to life for a split second before black smoke started billowing out of the engine block. Wesker frowned as he watched Craig punch the steering wheel setting off the airbag in the truck. Two men came running to Craig’s aid as Wesker’s Humvee slowly rolled by.

Turning his head forward Wesker spotted Shane running out from the far left corner of the building covered in sweat from a exercising. Shane ran towards a tree near the edge of the building and sat down under the shade of the leafy branches.

Shane panted and wiped his forehead before taking a deep breath through his nose and grabbed the water bottle in his pocket. He sighed as he opened the bottle. After taking a quick drink he saw a few vehicles coming in as he listened to the music pumping through his earphones. The iPod strapped to Shane’s bicep was something of a gift from Craig who got him the tiny player with music already uploaded to it.

Shane watched the vehicles parking near the motor pool but didn’t see who got out as sweat dripped into his eyes making them sting. He cursed and wiped the sweat from his eyes and off his head before seeing the doctor coming out of the main building. A small smile appeared on Shane’s face as he hurried over to get his pills and the shot. The fact he now looked forward to his meds now made Shane chuckle inside considering how much he fought against them in the past.

Once he was medicated, Shane felt better and his energy was back within minutes. Thanking the doctor, Shane started to jog again with a smile on his face while listening to the hard rock song coming through his headphones. The sunshine hitting his skin felt amazing and every time he would come out from under a tree, the sunglasses enabled him to adjust immediately to the harsh light. Somehow they seemed to automatically tint and adjust to the light no matter how bright or dim.

The female vendor waved and called his name as Shane jogged towards her. She smiled and held up a full bottle waving for him to take it as he ran. Shane had become friends with her easily since he did good business with her but the verbal block was still there but he didn’t care. He snatched the bottle as he ran by quickly, like the marathon runners he had seen on TV. The vendor chuckled as he jogged backwards and waved at her before stuffing the bottle into a leg pocket, turned around and continued his jog. As much as he hated to admit it, he was starting to like it here, he was getting use to the guards he saw all the time and was planning something fun for them.

Shane slowed to a walk as he passed the fighting ring and waved at JJ who was inside the ring, back in action again. When JJ waved back his opponent, a guard Shane had seen around the compound, tried to land a cheap shot on JJ as he was momentarily distracted. JJ dodged and with a quick one-two combination knocked the cocky guard to the mat.

Shane chuckle and went back into a full jog before running as fast as he could and jumped up grabbing a hanging wall pipe and swung around quickly before letting go and started jogging again. Shane let out a laugh and clapped his hands together to wipe the dust from the pipe from his hands.

Shane was jogging for a few more minutes before something in his peripheral vision made him turn and suddenly Wesker was jogging next to him. He was still wearing his trademark sunglasses but he was also wearing a black tank top, black shorts and black sneakers with gray socks. Shane had a small smile creep across his face seeing Wesker dressed like a normal human being rather than the ever present leather jumpsuit and trench coat he always seemed to sport no matter how unbearably hot it got.

Shane was still slightly angry at Wesker but pushed those feelings aside, he knew better than to dwell on them. Wesker kept pace easily with Shane as they jogged. Shane felt a little cocky and picked his pace up and Wesker kept up with him easily until Shane took off in a full run grinning with Wesker running after him. Wesker smiled inwardly and let Shane run ahead of him. Obviously the boy wanted to outdo the old man and was showing off.

Excella was walking across the compound when she stopped at the garage, she felt better than she did a few days ago and she felt she was ready for another round with Shane if they could sneak it in. Excella smiled adjusting her sunglasses as she noticed Shane and Wesker jogging together. She leaned against the building and admired the two men as they ran. The similarities between Wesker and Shane were striking sometimes and she had to admit to herself she had fantasized what it might be like to be with both of them at the same time but she knew better than to even attempt to try and make that happen.

Still she had to smile watching Wesker let the young man run ahead of him. It was good for Shane to feel more confident and she knew that this was the best thing for Wesker as well. He had been running his ass off making sure everything was in order after the last botched shipment and it was nice seeing Wesker relax for a change. It really was the best thing for him, even if he was in charge, he still needed time to himself to catch up on things at the base, rest and relax for a while before the operation went into full swing.

Excella giggled slightly as she watched Shane turn around and jog backwards to taunt Wesker who simply smirked at him and continued his steady pace.

She could see the two were becoming closer and it made her happy to see Wesker take on the father role Shane seemed to desperately need and the two were bonding better every day. It was through this growing bond that Shane had found hope again and even Wesker’s grim demeanor had given way slightly to something lighter. More akin to pride and perhaps hope when he saw that Shane was the next generation and he would have a bright future and perhaps a long lasting legacy if everything went according to plan.

It was going to be a brave new world and Wesker and his son would stand side by side to usher humanity into it whether they wanted to go or not. Excella got goose bumps when she thought of all the power and glory that awaited her…

Excella was broken out of her fantasy by a loud clanging sound and Craig screaming an obscenity in German. When she looked over he had his dirty finger in his mouth while his other hand fanned the smoke billowing out of the engine of the ever broken Humvee.

Excella put her sunglasses down the bridge of her nose and spoke with little concern in her voice, “Are you having some trouble?” Craig looked at her with a look of genuine frustration etched on his face as he pulled his finger out and spoke.

“Besides digging out an arm and a leg, this Humvee should have been running smoothly but something keeps stalling it when the engine starts to run....” He said looking at the smoldering engine block. At first Excella thought Craig was using a euphemism and not being literal until she spotted the severed limbs half wrapped in bloody, oily rags on the ground near the tool box.

Excella pushed her glasses back up her nose making a sour face at the grisly remnants and looked back at Shane and Wesker who were still jogging.

Craig finally noticed what Excella was looking at and smiled, “Shane has been doing pretty well since he was allowed outside. I think the fresh air is good for the boy.” Excella seemed to not hear Craig and kept watching the duo jog towards the far end of the compound. Craig shrugged and went back to examining the engine as Excella pulled her phone out of her purse and began watching the security feed from the cameras where Shane and Wesker jogged.

She smiled and laughed when Shane playfully tried to squirt Wesker with water from his bottle and Albert easily dodged the liquid and grabbed Shane in a headlock and ruffled his hair with a playful noogie. She had never seen this side of Albert before and she had to admit it was nice seeing him not act like a hard ass and be human for once.

Excella smiled at seeing the two getting along like father and son and was happy to see Wesker’s defenses against the boy weakening. Still she knew if she brought it up he would deny it and make it seem like it was all part of some grand plan. But Excella knew it was bullshit.

Wesker held Shane in a headlock and was giving him a playful noogie when he said, “If you don’t behave yourself I won’t take you on my run outside the compound today.”

Shane stopped struggling and said, “Are you serious?” as Wesker let him go and simply gestured that they continue their jog around the compound. Wesker didn’t wait for a response and simply jogged and Shane put his dangling earphones inside the iPod armband he was wearing and followed as they took a path between two of the buildings and headed towards a guarded gateway near the rear of the compound.

Wesker talked with ease as he jogged, not even sounding out of breath, “I noticed you jogging when I came in from my… business trip. You look like you might be going a little stir crazy so I think it’s time you saw something other than the same four walls of the compound.” Shane was excited and he kept pace with Wesker as he continued to speak, “I think you’ll find the scenery to be quite relaxing.” Wesker nodded at the guards as they opened the gate quickly not interrupting Wesker’s steady pace as Shane followed alongside him. The guards closed the gate as the duo made their way on an old dirt road. High brush and wild grass waved in a slight breeze as they got farther away from the compound. Wesker broke the silence, “I saw how you were leaping about the place during your jog. I take it your ankle is feeling better?”

Shane smiled, “Yeah it feels pretty good. I’ve been practicing these past two days leaping off of catwalks and vaulting over the hand rails.” Shane said as they passed under a tree. “Almost twisted my ankle jumping over the one railing, I didn’t realize how far the drop was.” He chuckled getting a drink of water from the half empty bottle he had in his hand.

Wesker was sweating but he kept jogging and didn’t slack in his pace as he spoke, “You need to be more mindful of your surroundings Shane. If you had landed wrong and snapped your ankle it would have put a serious delay on your training. I want you to stop taking foolish risks like that. Your training is entering a much more advanced stage soon and you will need all the strength you have to do it.”

Shane was curious what kind of training Wesker had in mind was but then he noticed they were coming up to another large tree and Wesker jogged off the dirt road and stopped beneath the shady tree. Wesker fixed his hair with his hands, feeling the sweat coming down his face as he leaned with his back against the gnarled wooden trunk. Shane jogged up next to him and stopped noticing Wesker looked tired and for the life of him he had never seen him look so… weary. Shane offered him his water but Wesker waved it away with his hand, “No, I’m fine. Just didn’t realize how… tired I was.”

Shane smiled and patted Wesker lightly on the shoulder noticing the man tensed up slightly when he was touched, “Hey, it’s okay man. I mean you just got back from a long trip, if you’re really that tired we should head back. We can come out here again tomorrow.”

Wesker looked at Shane and noticed the boy was actually showing concern and not being a wise ass. Wesker smiled tightly and nodded, “Perhaps you’re right. It has been a trying week to say the least. Let’s head back.”

Shane smiled as he took another swig of water and looked up into the sky, “Besides, the way I figure it we have just enough daylight left for a game of baseball.”

Wesker raised a brow hearing that. “…Baseball?” Shane smiled and started jogging away and despite his lack of energy Wesker caught up with him fairly quickly, “What do you mean baseball?” He asked as Shane jogged and spoke.

“Well you know that big empty spot on the northern corner of the compound? It’s the only section not paved so it would be pretty easy to get a game of baseball going there.”

Wesker realized what Shane meant, “That’s the helicopter landing zone.”

Shane smiled, “That’s right, it’s large enough for the baseball game I have in mind, besides, it’ll give the guards something to do. Plus it’ll keep them in shape.” He chuckled wiping his forehead as they made their way towards the compound at a slow jog.

Wesker was silent until they were in sight of the rear gate which started to open as they approached it. “Fine, you can play your game. Consider it an exercise in hand/eye coordination.”

Shane laughed, “I have no issue with that. Besides, I’ve been doing practice fighting remember?” He asked chuckling. “Oh, I saw JJ and you were totally right about his arm.” Shane and Wesker stopped for a minute inside the compound before Shane clapped his hands together and said, “Let’s get the game started, Captain.” He said sprinting away to gather the men for the game.

Wesker watched him leave and flashed back for a second to his former life as the Captain of the Raccoon City S.T.A.R.S. team. He hadn’t been called that for years and the memories of that accursed team and how they, especially Chris Redfield, had ruined everything. Wesker’s eyes flashed red as he clenched his fists. The anger seemed to renew his energy as he stalked towards the landing field in the compound.

--

March 13, 2012 at 5:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Ch 16 Part 3-

A few minutes later…

“That’s as easy as baseball gets.” Shane said tossing a ball up and down as Craig nodded looking at the men that were off shift and explained it to them, course many already knew about the game and how to play it. Shane fixed his gaze on JJ; he was going to be the umpire. Shane nodded at JJ and tossed him the ball as he yelled, “This should be pretty fun so let’s get this game rolling before the sun goes down.”

Craig smiled, “Don’t worry, if we go long the field is well lit at night.” He said chuckling while stroking his goatee before telling the guards to get ready. “Whose team is going first?” He asked looking at Shane who shrugged.

“I don’t know, my team, maybe?” He asked as Wesker nodded his head. “Cool.” Shane said tossing him the baseball. “Don’t pitch too hard, okay?” Wesker nodded again even though he didn’t like the idea but he was doing it for Shane. “Okay, time get to bat!” He said running over to the bats as Wesker headed out to the mark stood in for the pitching mound and waited. First at bat was one of the guard’s that worked at the gate. “Hit a good one!” Shane shouted as JJ called the game to start.

Craig was enjoying watching the game, so far Shane’s team was winning by one point and Wesker was growling at his team to get them hitting and scoring more points while Shane was having a blast with his team encouraging them to keep going. Two different leaders with two different methods. The past and the future. Father and son.

“Craig!” Shane shouted drawing him out of thought. “Heads up!” He shouted making Craig grab a shield, the last few times Shane went up to bat the ball almost hit him and he was at the scoreboard they had set up and next thing he new the ball hit the shield, another homerun for the kid. “Whoo!” Shane cheered running the bases before sliding into home plate. Shane wanted to rub it in Wesker’s face that he won but he was so happy he couldn’t think of anything better to say than, “Yeah! In your face!" But before he could continue cheering a giant cooler of ice cold water was suddenly poured over him making him gasp and go stiff as Wesker chuckled nodding to the men.

“Enjoy your little victory celebration?” Wesker said walking over as the boy gasped and wiped the ice water out of his eyes.

Shane shivered but smiled, “It was worth it.” Wesker smirked and walked past Shane and grabbed a towel off Craig and flung it at Shane, “I expect a rematch boy.”

Shane laughed, “You got it old man.”

--

March 13, 2012 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

-Chapter 17

Day 167 - St. Jeremy’s Hospital - 2 Years after Raccoon City

“I feel like I’m going insane…” Shane said to himself in a whisper looking at the ceiling rubbing his chest as he kept thinking of Heather before the events of Raccoon City, how they would hang out and make out. The sweet tasting strawberry gloss on her lips, her soft skin on her body against his. He soon moaned before looking at the camera, he needed to be alone but he couldn’t with them watching. “Always watching..” He grumbled getting off the bed and slid under it, he managed to tuck a few toilet sheets under the bed frame for such an occasion. Slipping his pants down slightly Shane began to work himself.

He knew too well about what happened last time he was caught under the bed and knew he had to hurry with his need, the last time they caught him under there he was hit so hard he couldn’t breath right for a long time. He had to be quick and worked himself fast counting the seconds and imagining Heather working her magic on him. “Heather…oh I loved you so much.” He whispered thinking about her and soon lost track of time and gasped as the glass door opened and he quickly pulled his pants up just as someone grabbed his arm. “Shit! Stop! I didn’t do anything!” His shouts were ignored as the nightstick was slammed into his gut causing him to gasp loudly and double over, his face flushed red as he gasped for breath before a firm kick to his back made him shout as the nurse came over snapping at the orderlies as they left, she placed his medicine on his bed and tended to him, but he didn’t care and wanted to smack her but he was hurting too much.

He wanted to die.

-Present

“I hate that place…” Shane said sitting on the end of the bed shaking his head. “Always abused…always tormented…” He said lowering his head as Wesker patted him on the shoulder as he was sitting on the end of the bed with him still in his jogging attire. “But that room…God…that was the worst of it all.”

“That is why we’re trying to help you remember what happened there, so we can stop these men from harming you again.” Wesker said as Shane looked at him. “If you are able to remember, these men will pay dearly for what they did to you.” He said as Shane nodded. “Lie down and relax, it will be painful to remember but it’s the only way Shane.” He told as Shane took a breath and scooted back before laying down on his bed closing his eyes. “Listen to my voice….” Wesker said standing up looking at him. “You will breath slow and deeply…” He said as Shane did so. “…try and not think of anything and listen to my voice, think on my voice.” Wesker said moving while gesturing to Excella in the mirror room who turned the subliminal audio on.

-

Day Unknown - St. Jeremy’s Hospital - Before Wesker’s Visit

Shane stretched out on his bed and yawned before scratching his chest, he felt so sleepy and loved it that he was. It meant he was going to be able to sleep in more so the doctors could leave him alone. These small blessings, Shane always took them and chuckled before covering his face with his arm. A small sigh escaped him and before he could sleep a sharp tap on the glass door awoke him from his light dozing which sent a shock through his body as he removed his arm seeing the glass sliding into the wall. There were two orderlies, both a bit buffed and different from what he remembered of those he was used to.

“Get up.” One said in a thick Russian accent making Shane sit up slightly rubbing his face before yawning again trying to understand what was going on. “Get up now!” The man snapped making Shane get up instantly before being grabbed harshly and pinned against the wall, he struggled slightly and cursed lowly as the one gripped his left arm firmly making the healing cuts ache. “Hold still.” The Russian growled as Shane looked at him seeing the tattoo, the tattoo that would never leave his mind as he felt the needle stuck into his arm. “He’s sedated.” The man said as Shane felt his body slipping into the darkness.

Shane awoke slowly as his ears filled with the sounds of squeaky gurney wheels and that of the cries and screams of those he was housed with. His eyes fixed on the passing ceiling tiles and then the dimming lights as he saw someone to his right, that man with the tattoo.

“He’s waking up.” Said the other which drew Shane’s weak attention to his left seeing the other wearing a surgeons mask. “Should we sedate him again?”

“No, he’ll pass out shortly.” Said the Russian as Shane looked forward seeing his body was strapped down on the gurney, they were wheeling him down a long half lit corridor, he could only see a few doors and a blinking red sphere on the one wall before darkness took his sight once again causing his body to fall limp.

A door on the left slowly opened with a hum as the two wheeled Shane inside, they left him lay there for a long while taking tissue samples from his left arm while the other arm was having blood sucked out into three vials.

“Hard to think this is his kid.” Said the one with the mask as he looked at his Russian comrade for a moment who only grunted. “How did Nikolai know?”

“He has access to strict files.” The Russian replied looking at Shane before grabbing the file on a rolling table and opened it looking at Shane’s photo, he looked depressed in the photo and the Russian chuckled before looking at Shane again as he laid the file down. “Dementia, schizophrenia, PTSD…”

“So many mental issues, but how and why he developed them.” The second said looking at Shane breathing slowly. “He’s the perfect human being, the utopian, a god, but he has these issues.”

“They did this to him to keep him under control.” The Russian said taking off the straps on Shane’s body. “We need to get him prepped, Nikolai will be coming shortly.” He said pulling Shane’s pants down carefully so to not snag the boy’s boxer shorts.

“How sure are we that he doesn’t know?” The other asked taking Shane’s shirt off gently keeping a firm hand under Shane’s head. “How do we know that Mathers is keeping his word in keep this under wraps?”

“Pfft, Mathers is the best hacker we have.” The Russian said looking at the other as he started to strap Shane back down. “Wesker is a fool, he won’t see it happening. By the time he figures any of this out, it’ll already be too late, he’ll be dead or we have the samples, hell, even both.” He said chuckling. “And the only way to get close is to use flesh and blood.”

“But after that is done with, what becomes of the boy if he survives?”

The Russian shrugged, “I don’t know, he’ll possibly use him as a new Tyrant or something. He can control the plaga so no worries.” He said looking Shane over before chuckling. “I can’t wait for this to come full bloom.”

--

March 13, 2012 at 6:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Ch 17 Part  2-

-Present

“Mathers….Nicholai…” Shane whispered as he twitched, Wesker watched carefully while standing close to a vent that sent a cool breeze up his body keeping him cool since he was still sweating from the run. He could only watch Shane listening to what the boy remembered, a new name. Mathers. He needed to look for this man and get him to talk.

Excella leaned back on the plush chair in the mirror room as Shane twitched more, she hated seeing him hurting and wanted to stop the audio but Wesker would have her neck if she did and once again Shane screamed and Wesker was by his side instantly holding him down as he thrashed against the bed before finally calming down.

“Breathe Shane.” Wesker said looking at him. “Breathe, slow your breathing.” He ordered as Shane took a few deep breaths to try and relax. “You’re not in that room, its in your head, you’re safe, calm down.” He said as Shane started shaking before sitting up hugging Wesker as Wesker patted him on the back before hugging him rubbing his back. “Trust me Shane, you’re fine, it’s in your mind. I know it’s painful..”

“What they did…it will never leave me.” Shane said softly shaking. “I can still feel it, like it’s still inside me.” He said as Wesker pulled back as Shane looked at him.

“It’s not, it’s dead.” He said tapping Shane’s chest. “We killed it, all that left is the memories in your mind, if we can’t find out who they all are, I will have to help you forget that room.” He said as Shane perked at that. “You want that don’t you?” He asked as Shane nodded. “I can take them away from you with some…treatments…but it will be painful to do so.”

“I don’t care, I don’t want them in my head anymore, constantly hounding me. It’s driving me insane!” Shane said shaking his head. “Once they are gone I can finally keep focused.”

Wesker knew that was true, whenever Shane was in a stressful situation his mind would drift to painful memories, if he managed to block them for the boy, he would be passing another test leading him to becoming a better leader. He told Shane that he’ll fix the problem and to go to sleep, Shane nodded as Wesker walked toward the door and left the room, Excella was standing there as he looked at her as she made a gesture of zipped lips.

--

March 13, 2012 at 6:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Ch17 Part 3-

Next day…

Shane stretched out in his new jogging outfit: a red tank top with a black Chinese dragon on it, khaki cargo shorts with wrinkled gray gym socks and white and red low top running sneakers. Shane jogged in place for a moment as his shark tooth necklace bounced about before he looked at Craig standing under the shade of a nearby tree, as early as it was, it was already hot and sweltering making the German fan himself before yawning as Shane soon joined him under the tree as Craig sighed.

“Still didn’t the Humvee to work did you?” Shane asked sitting down fixing his shoes as Craig grunted before spitting at the ground before picking his teeth with a knife. “I guess that’s a no.” Shane said tucking the strings into his shoes before rising as Wesker finally came over with Excella who was talking to him. “Looks like she’s taking over again.” Shane chuckled as Craig did the same.

“Don’t worry darling, everything is under control, you need this time to rest and well spent with Shane.” She said as Wesker fixed his sunglasses as his eyes locked onto Shane who was fixing his own. He chuckled faintly as Excella continued to talk about what she would be doing for him but he only held up his hand having her fall silent as Shane walked over greeting them.

“Morning, you ready for the run old man?” Shane asked smiling having Wesker nod in response, Shane looked at Wesker‘s outfit, he was wearing a skin tight black cross training shirt and shorts, which were all black, with white socks and black running shoes. Shane liked it and took notice of something about it, there was a faded and cracked S.T.A.R.S. symbol is on the left side of his chest, when Wesker walked by him for a moment, he saw a cracked one on his back that had a faded cracked lettering that read: S.T.A.R.S. Special Tactics & Rescue Service. This made Shane scratch his head before moving ahead of Wesker, he was going to ask him later about S.T.A.R.S. again and hopefully get more answers.

Wesker smiled lightly looking at Shane, he had changed so much since he first talked to him, he was more friendly and more social now, the subliminal audio and his help had changed Shane so much the past few weeks. Shane was also showing he was becoming a leader, even if it was taking time to do so, Wesker was smiling inside proud with their progress. “Great, I’m all set so let’s go.” Shane said drawing Wesker out of his thoughts as they walked to the rear gate at it opened for them. “So how far are we jogging?”

“It’s a surprise.” Wesker said as they started to jog down the dirt road making Shane look back waving as Excella returned it before he jogged up to Wesker. “So everything good with your plans and such?” Shane asked as they passed the tall tree they stopped under yesterday as he soon looked at the tall dry grass that swayed gently around them, flowing like the waves of the ocean making him smile soon seeing a few birds flying through the air as Wesker talked to him that things were going in order and such making Shane smile.

The dirt road made turns here and there along the fields of grass, tall old trees giving them shade and only one time did they had to slow their pace as a few zebras were crossing the road making Shane watched them intently for never seen a wild one up close before and chuckled wiping his brow smiling at Wesker telling him about the time at the zoo how he feed one in Raccoon City. Wesker told him about how he visited the zoo a few times to investigate things, Shane found these stories interesting and made him think of Kevin and how he would do a few chases and try to help solve cases about the city.

A bead of salty sweat glided down his brow, running smoothly down his nose dripping off forcing him to wipe as Wesker started to pull ahead of him as they started up a hill making Shane grunt trying to keep jogging up it as he knees started to protest with the hill and his running but he kept going so to not lose sight of Wesker who looked back at him.

“Come on Shane.” He said as Shane waved him off making him chuckle, Shane was regretting calling him an old man but he still was one no matter what.

The jog was long and Shane was sweating madly from the heat of the sun, the wind dancing across his sweat soaked skin cooling him lightly as he sighed looking at Wesker not bothered at all by the intense heat making Shane shake his head in disbelief as his body was growing tired and he needed to take a break but he kept jogging knowing Wesker wanting him to push the limits course what made Shane curious was where they were going considering they past a few old huts, wild animals, a set of train tracks and soon were now running through what felt like a desert but the path they were on was obviously a road since there were signs here and there marking it. A strong gust of wind hit the two making Shane breath deep smelling it and it puzzled him.

It smelled salty.

Wesker pulled ahead of him again making him pant slowing down slightly feeling his legs starting to become numb and weak from the running and soon he smiled seeing Wesker had stopped at the next hill making him hurry to catch up to fumble slightly resting his hands on his legs looking at the ground panting like mad, swallowing hard while watching his sweat dripping to the dry earth before looking up and just stared at the sight before him as Wesker stood tall looking out at the ocean as Shane closed his eyes taking his sunglasses off to wipe his face before quickly putting them back on to look at the blue waves foaming as they crashed against the shore making him speechless at the beautiful view, this was Wesker’s surprise for him.

To see the ocean for the first time.

(Check out this link to see more fantastic RE art by WONDERMANRULES: http://wondermanrules.deviantart.com/gallery/5296953 )

“Wow…” Shane finally said in awe as Wesker looked at him smiling lightly to the boy’s reaction.

“I knew you would like it.” He said returning his gaze to the water before looking to his left and then to his right past Shane seeing a cropping of large rocks near the edge of the cliff and smiled walking toward them tapping Shane on the shoulder who looked and soon followed after him fanning himself to keep cool. The large rocks were promising as they approached and Wesker sat down on them sighing feeling they were still cool and Shane sat down with him on the other end smiling before wiping his face off of sweat again. “Did you have fun?” Wesker asked breaking the moment’s silence as Shane chuckled.

“Yes.” He said leaning forward on his left arm while Wesker did the same but leaned on his right while reaching into his pockets handing Shane a bottle of water, he grabbed it and nodded to Wesker opening it up taking a long drink from the bottle; it wasn’t full but it was better than nothing. The sweet cool water felt so inviting to his mouth and his body, just like the breeze from the cool ocean making him sigh after finishing the bottle watching the waves and surf. “Maybe we should take a quick dip.” He said out of the blue.

Wesker chuckled and ran a hand through his hair, “Maybe we will.” He said as Shane looked at him before looking at the ocean again seeing the sun was getting closer to setting over the waves, Shane handed the empty bottle back before looking around to see how to get down there soon spotting a path, well not much of a path but he knew he could easily climb down. Shane chuckled standing up stretching before looking down the cliff observing before looking at Wesker who was looking at him now. “I can tell what you want.” He said pushing off the rocks as Shane chuckled pointing to the rugged path as Wesker nodded to it as they walked over to it, Wesker watched how Shane was observing the path carefully before making the decent down jumping onto a few rocks and caught his balance nearly falling off one. “Careful now.” Wesker said as Shane gave him a thumbs up before jumping down onto the white sand. A smile crossed his face before he could even look back to say something to Wesker he was already down there with him. “Something wrong Shane?” He asked standing next to him as the boy shook his head and looked out at the water coming and going before them. “What are you waiting for? Go on.” Wesker said nudging Shane forward who was a bit hesitant before hopping on one foot pulling his sneakers and socks off dropping them to the ground before doing the same with the other foot before hurrying to the water stopping at the outlined edge of where it came to shore, slowly he moved forward burying his toes in the wet sand just as the cool waters rushed against his legs and feet making him chuckle before looking at the lowering sun on the surf as the cool breeze brushed against his skin, dancing with his dirty blonde hair before he moved forward toward the water smiling as it rushed him once again soaking his lower half making him laugh out loud from the great feeling of feeling the salty water against his skin.

Wesker looked at his watch seeing that seven minutes had past before looking at Shane sitting at the edge where the water would rush up against his feet before taking off his own shoes and socks joining the boy as they watched the last specks of the sun fading away leaving behind an aura of colors in the sky allowing Shane to take off his sunglasses and rub his eyes.

“I can’t wait till I can see without having to go blind from bright lights.” He said clipping them to his shirt before looking at Wesker. “Why do you always were yours? How can you even see at night?” He asked.

Wesker chuckled and rubbed Shane’s head before getting up as he spoke,“You’ll see one day.” before helping Shane up onto his feet. “It’s time to head back.” He said with a gesture as they walked picking up their shoes and socks and climbed back up the path before looking at the darkening road before them, with their feet wet, it would be a bad idea to put their shoes on so they walked the road barefoot for a while.

Shane listened carefully to the sounds around them before looking at the road, the almost full moon aiding in their walk feeling the cool air hugging them, after a while they stopped putting their socks and shoes back on continuing till the dry grass started to come up around them, a lion sounded in the distance making Shane get closer to Wesker while looking around carefully and even behind them as Wesker looked at him sensing he was getting frightened.

He sighed and looked at Shane, “Do not worry about that Shane, the lions out here are not going to eat you as long as I’m around.” He told having Shane nod and relax slightly, the fear of lions was all thanks to outbreak in Raccoon City, so many damn fears the boy had all from Raccoon City. Wesker was determined to get those fears controlled for him, he was not going to have him living in constant fear of every single thing that reminded the boy of Raccoon City.

Their walk was enjoyable as they stopped under a large old tree along the road, Shane sat down leaning against it as Wesker checked his watch again and looked down the road before seeing headlights weaving through the flowing blades of dried grass, he soon looked at Shane who was nodding off already making him chuckle while nudging him with his foot, Shane took a deep breath in response and covered his eyes from the blinding headlights as it pulled up, the driver got out opening the back door for Shane and hurried to the passenger door for Wesker. Once everyone was back in the Humvee it was turned around and heading back down the road, Shane looked at the nice interior of this Humvee finding it was slightly different from the one Craig was working on but he didn’t mind that and rested his arm on the open window and laid his head there watching the waves of dried grass in the pale moonlight, letting the rushing air hit his face and weave through his hair as he slowly closed his eyes.

Wesker sighed in content with today’s job, surprised how well Shane kept going considering they were running all day, he even surprised himself how far he went. A yawn soon escaped him, a hand forced to cover his mouth as he stretched in his seat, he needed this. He looked back at Shane sleeping against the window and smiled lightly before chuckling seeing the boy content with sleep, if they were able to return quickly Wesker was going to run the subliminal audio again for that room. He soon returned to looking at the road sighing before yawning again, he laid his head back against the seat and door closing his eyes in the process and soon he faded off into sleep.

Neither of them awoke when they finally entered the compound, Excella giggled and took a picture with her phone after the driver got out leaving his door open allowing her to see the two sleeping Wesker’s. She was going to keep that photo and decided to put it in Wesker’s phone just for the fun of it, if he never noticed, it wasn’t going to kill her at all plus having a copy of it for Shane was going to be a good thing too. They were so close, father and son, she had to wipe a tear from her one eye seeing how happy those two were for having each other, even if Wesker didn’t want to show it publicly. He was indeed a father and a father that cared for his only son, his only child.

--

March 13, 2012 at 6:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

-Chapter 18

Next day…Afternoon….

Shane smiled munching on a sandwich while sitting under a tree. After swallowing the mouthful of food he sighed in content at the freshness of it as he looked at Wesker sitting under a nearby eating a sandwich too. They had started their morning jog around sunrise and was now enjoying the afternoon hanging out under a few trees near the pond allowing the cool breeze that danced off its surface to hit their hot bodies keeping them cool.

Wesker’s eyes methodically studied Shane as he ate. The boy was unaware he was being watched thanks to Wesker’s mirrored sunglasses and even though it seemed like he wasn’t looking at him Wesker had been keeping observing him all day. Wesker had sensed something since he visited Shane during the night giving him a new shot. The boy seemed to be acting differently in slight ways but nothing that seemed too serious. Still Wesker had this uneasy feeling and he couldn’t put his finger on why. Shane had finished his sandwich and belched and then sat for a moment patting his stomach. He then looked at Wesker and then at the sandwich that Wesker was eating and looked up at him again.

Shane nodded motioning towards the sandwich, “Are you going to finish that?” Wesker raised an eyebrow at the request, Shane’s hunger had increased substantially this morning as well and Wesker didn’t understand why. Could the shot have really affected him this much?

Wesker spoke coolly, “Of course I am, it’s my sandwich. By my count you’ve already had three. How can you possibly still feel hungry?” Wesker said coolly taking another bite of his sandwich as he watched Shane sigh and lean against the tree he was next to. After he swallowed, Wesker asked Shane point blank, “How are you feeling? Do you feel any different today?”

Shane stared up at the leaves in the tree for a moment and then sighed, “Yeah… I’m still hungry and I feel weird…” He said looking at Wesker again. “You think it’s because I’m exhausted from yesterday?”

Wesker seemed concerned, “Define weird.”

Shane shrugged, “I don’t know, it’s not so much a bad feeling just… I feel different is all and I sort of feel anxious and I really don’t know why.”

Wesker’s eyes narrowed slightly as he studied the Shane, “It may be a reaction to the new shot I gave you last night while you were asleep.” Wesker drank a sip of water as Shane looked at him more intently. “Don’t worry it’s nothing to be concerned about. You may start to feel somewhat different as it incorporates itself into your system. Once it’s done I think you will enjoy the… boost it gives you.”

Shane growled, “Pfft, as long as I don’t get sick I’m fine with it asshole.” And he quickly turned away from Wesker who seemed genuinely surprised by the hostile response.

Wesker frowned, “Asshole?”

Shane’s look suddenly changed to surprise when he realized what he had said, “I-I-I didn’t mean to call you that.” He said rubbing his head as his face turned red with embarrassment. “I’m sorry I really am. I don’t know why I feel so irritated and annoyed today.”

Wesker noticed that all morning Shane had seemed to vacillate between being his usual self and then acting annoyed and gruff. Still it may be something in the shot causing it. After all Wesker had felt differently after William Birkin had given him his shot. Still he didn’t remember being so mercurial in his emotional state afterwards.

The matter needed further study but it would have to wait. Wesker shook his head and got up brushing himself off before walking over to Shane with a tight smile on his face and patted him on the head. “It’s okay, you probably need to rest. I’m sorry but I have to go Shane, I need to check on some things today in private.” Shane looked up at him trying to read his expression. It was almost like Wesker wasn’t used to smiling so when he did do it, it still took Shane a second to adjust to seeing the man look happy. “Don’t worry, I won’t be gone long and if you need anything call my cell phone or Excella’s.”

Shane said gave a thumbs up, “Got it.” Wesker gave him a tight nod before walking off. As Shane watched him go Shane got up and stretched before scratching his chest feeling a quick prick inside, “Oh, what the hell?” He said in surprise as his breathing suddenly made his sides hurt, “Ugh, not again.” He grumbled taking small breaths while walking slowly trying to fight back the pain suddenly he belched loudly and the pain seemed to go away instantly.

With the small crisis averted, Shane smiled and entered the training building seeing JJ once again in the fighting ring. The lumbering giant walked over to him talking to him; course Shane had no idea what he was saying, “Yeah, good afternoon to you too.” He said as JJ chuckled patting him on the shoulder which made Shane tense slightly as JJ looked at him carefully not sure why the boy did that, Shane surely didn’t understand; it wasn’t like the man was going to hit him when greeting him, “Must be tense about something.” He said lowly before walking toward the fighting circle and soon stood in it rotating his shoulders before grabbing some white bandages on a nearby bench. “Got to remember to get more fighting tape.” He said to himself wrapping his left arm up. “Just like at the asylum…” He growled gritting his teeth before looking at the guard that entered the ring and soon the crowd gathered rooting them on, course he could see a few bets being place as he moved carefully to his right watching the guard as he moved taunting him with a gesture course Shane just stared at him from behind his sunglasses studying to guard carefully before lunging swinging hard as the guard dodged but didn’t expect the second fist hitting him hard on the chest, Shane jumped back readying his fists. There was so much anger inside him now and he wanted to vent it on someone…

--

March 13, 2012 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Ch18 Part 2-

-A few hours earlier…

“S.T.A.R.S.” Shane said looking at Wesker’s shirt looking at the faded logo before looking at his back and smiled. “Kevin wanted in S.T.A.R.S. so badly… I used to look up to you guys.” Shane said looking at Wesker as they rested under the roof of the shooting range. “Besides being the boss of S.T.A.R.S., why didn’t you visit me when I was a kid? I mean, you were in Raccoon City after all.” He said looking at him carefully for any give in the man’s single tight lipped expression.

“I had my reasons but rest assured I was keeping my eyes on you.” Wesker said finally making Shane smile slightly. “Unfortunately I couldn’t contact you because of Umbrella and their spies. Had I tried they might have sensed I was up to something and possibly removed me or you from Raccoon City. Still I had made a plan to come get you once I finished my last mission with S.T.A.R.S.” He said as they started to walk. “Once again fate dealt me a cruel hand. My own team betrayed me on that mission and left me for dead. When I tried to get…help from my former employers at Umbrella they too turned their backs on me. I was persona non grata, a dead man with no friends or allies left in the world.”

Shane was searching Wesker’s face for any trace of emotion but the man seemed to only radiate calm, “Why would they do that to you?” he asked in disbelief. “Didn’t they realize how much I needed you to be with me? I was a kid and I never knew you were alive. What would have happened to me if mom died? If you were there, I didn’t have to worry. And then the outbreak…you could have saved me…” He said lowering his head clenching his fists. “Damn them… damn them all.” He said as Wesker placed his hands on Shane’s shoulders making him look at him.

Wesker spoke calmly and matter of fact, “Had I returned to Raccoon City after the Arklay Mountains incident the surviving S.T.A.R.S. members would have shot me on sight. The police chief and many other officials in the government worked for Umbrella and they always had spies watching you and your family Shane, always. Had I even attempted to contact you they would have slaughtered you rather than let you fall into my hands. I stayed away because it was the only thing to keep both of us safe.” Shane’s anger started to well up until Wesker took his sunglasses off and looked Shane in the face, “You have every right to feel angry and betrayed by them but you can take solace in knowing this: We’re together now and no force on earth will pull this family apart ever again. Umbrella is dead, the S.T.A.R.S. have long since stopped looking for me and nothing is left to stop us.”

Shane smiled as he felt his eyes well up, “You promise?”

Wesker smiled a genuinely warm smile, “I promise. This is our destiny Shane. Together we will be like the wrath of God made flesh and anyone who dares stop us will fall like the wheat before the scythe.”

-Present

The guard laid on the ground trying his best to block Shane’s onslaught of punches but the young man would not stop attacking him and already blood was splattering on the floor; JJ had to yank Shane off him in order to stop the fighting which left Shane struggling to continue swinging but he was stopped short by the sharp pain in his chest returning. He couldn’t understand why he was feeling so angry and why was he taking his anger out on them. They all were his friends. He shook his head and backed away from all of them once JJ sat him down and quickly said “I’m sorry, I’m sorry I don’t know what came over me…” before leaving in a hurry.

“What the hell is wrong with me?” He asked looking back at the building as he nearly tripped over a rock before ducking behind a tree to look at his bloodied hands. “I really don’t feel like myself…” He said rubbing his chest as he soon belched. “Excuse me, man I got gas…” He grumbled hurrying to the pond to wash his hands and bandages. “I really need to see the doctor, that new shot might be affecting me…” He whispered to himself crouching down looking at his reflection on the clear water as he slowly skimmed his one hand over the surface leaving a trail of blood in its wake before hitting the water disrupting his image before dunking his arms into the water washing as hard as he could to get the blood off, he felt like he just committed murdered and part of him was screaming to get clean, within the water the bandages glided off making him grab them and scrub them hard in the staining water; trying so hard to get all the blood off his hands and arms, to leave no traces of his violent outburst.

After a long while Shane got up on shaky legs twisting the bandages allowing the water to fall from them before wrapping them up once again on his arm while twisting his leather glove and flung it around getting as much water off as possible before slipping it back on having it squeak in the process. His body suddenly staggered backwards from lightheadedness which startled him greatly, he figured it was low blood sugar but he had eaten a while back, regardless he left heading inside and went into his room to lie down for a while. He couldn’t understand if this shot Wesker gave him was doing this or if it was just his nerves from being so angry with those surviving members of S.T.A.R.S. but whatever the case was he took off his sunglasses and laid on the bed staring at the ceiling trying to understand but he was suddenly washed with tiredness, his eyes became heavy and before he knew it he had fallen asleep.

His dreams were frightening to him, much like those of Raccoon City but instead of the past, it was here in the facility. He was alone, those he cared for were either dead or zombies, he didn’t want to fight them and so much he tried he couldn’t escape the place and he felt as if something was on him the entire time. But the dreams were stopped as his alarm clocked beeped loudly startling into the present before looking at it and groaned crawling over shutting it off before looking up at the window seeing it was dark outside before getting up fumbling toward the door.

--

March 13, 2012 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Ch18 Part 3-

Day Unknown - St. Jeremy’s Hospital

Shane laid on his stomach, he was older and was taller now as he laid there on his bed trying to get to sleep but he couldn’t stop hearing the loud screams coming from the hallway, sneaking in through the slot in the door, like a snake slithering through and up to his ears, teasing him with its forked tongue. But they would not be silent, echoing in his mind causing him to pull the pillow over his head tightly trying to make it silent. The only sounds were that of the air circulation and that of his beating heart.

How many times did he miss hearing the radio or that of a television set, that of people talking and laughing, the sounds of cars or birds, he missed so many sounds and the only ones that were comforting for him was that of the orderlies grumbling about patients and his own heart beating. Finally he closed his eyes; their straining to stay open was failing him as he finally gave into sleep.

But the nightmares there were not over…

-Present

Shane sat waiting for Wesker after having called him; he had felt odd all day and couldn’t quite understand why. His chest had felt tight like he had gas trapped there but no matter how many times he made himself burp it didn’t seem to relive the pressure.

Shane burped and felt something coppery and wet come up his throat. Not wanting to spit on the floor he grabbed a rag off a nearby crate and spit into it and was horrified to see it was blood. He started coughing more and leaned against the crate as his chest started to tighten more. His mind started to race and he clutched his chest and felt a burning sensation inside his body. Shane grabbed onto the crate and noticed the veins in his arms were bulging out of the skin like angry purple lightning as he felt a strange tingling in his spine. Shane buckled to the dirty floor gripping the crate and he tried to scream but nothing but a muffled grunt escaped his throat.

Shane’s vision went red with haze and as much as he ordered his limbs to respond they simply would not listen. For what seemed like an eternity Shane struggled to make himself stand up and when his body finally responded he was relieved until his legs started walking and towards another crate where he had set down the bowie knife Craig gave him to practice knife fighting and throwing, and he picked it up. Shane’s brain kept screaming to make him self stop but his body simply would not listen. Slowly he stroked the blade before rubbing the sharp edges with his thumb drawing a small bead of blood from his thumb Shane felt the blade cut him but couldn’t scream. He heard his voice let out a low chuckle.

Shane had been standing immobile near the crate with the knife at his side for twenty minutes before he heard someone call his name.

“Shane.” Wesker said walking up behind Shane who didn’t react. Wesker smirked slightly, “I see you’re not getting startled anymore when someone sneaks up behind you.” He said walking past him as Shane smiled.

Inside his head Shane was screaming for help but his voice said, “I guess I grown used to your sneaky ways.” Shane said as he remained still while Wesker fixed his sunglasses. Shane spoke calmly, “Where are we going?”

Wesker adjusted his gloves as he talked, “We’re going to another facility. After that we’re going on a little cruise. I’ll tell you more when we’re on our way.”

Wesker’s eyes looked down and saw the large knife in Shane’s grip making him raise an eyebrow seeing the blade and Shane‘s fingers stained with dry blood. It was then Wesker also noticed the dark reddish purple veins creeping down Shane’s arms. Wesker looked into Shane’s eyes and saw they were no longer blue but a deep burgundy red. Shane smiled, “Something wrong old man?” Wesker was taken back for a split second as Shane lunged at him with the knife. Despite his split second of shock Wesker blurred to one side avoiding the blade as Shane cursed, “Die you fuck!”

Wesker’s voice cracked in disbelief, “The plaga…” As he watched Shane turned around to face him and raised the blade up again. He growled in frustration and lunged at Wesker again who easily dodged the attack and moved a yard away from Shane in a split second. Wesker studied the boy as he stalked towards him. “Shane! You can fight this thing! Keep fighting it!” Wesker repeated this several times as dodging Shane’s knife attacks over and over again for a while as Shane continued his attack and seeing he wasn’t stopping Wesker backhanded him on the side of the head spinning the possessed young man to the floor with a loud thud. The large knife he had been holding slipped from his grip and skidded across the dusty concrete floor.

(Artwork done by https://wondermanrules.deviantart.com/)

Shane was bleeding from the side of his head where Wesker had hit him and he laid on the floor for a second panting before he started crawling across the floor towards the knife.

Wesker followed after him gripping his fists. “Shane!” He snapped making the boy halt his crawl. Shane’s body vibrated as his head twitched and slowly looked over his shoulder at Wesker. His face was a mask of fear and his eyes were blue again. Shane opened his mouth trying to talk but nothing came out, he gritted his teeth and shut his eyes tightly as the veins in his forehead raised out as sweat started to bead on his skin. Shane’s eyes snapped open and the dark red hate filled eyes glared at Wesker before he turned back around and scurried across the ground trying to get the to knife.

As his hand touched the handle Shane felt a sharp pain erupt in his side as Wesker kicked him onto his back making Shane yelp in pain. Shane kicked his boot at Wesker in an attempt to smash him in the groin but Wesker moved quickly to the side and kicked Shane in the stomach. Shane gasped and growled, “K…Kill you! Kill you all! For Nikolai!” Shane sprang to his feet and tried to grab Wesker who dodged easily and grabbed Shane by the throat and holding him at arms length. Shane’s eyes were bloodshot, red and the red and purple veins were now covering his body. Wesker studied him for a moment the way a scientist would look at a specimen as Shane continued to claw and kick at him.

After a moment Wesker frowned angrily and effortlessly picked Shane up with his left hand while it was still around the young man’s throat squeezing it tightly. Shane struggled as the air to his lungs was cut off by the squeezing. He could feel his legs kicking and his vision becoming blurry. Inside his mind Shane was screaming for Wesker to stop, that he couldn’t breathe but another voice, not his own, seemed to only repeat the same mantra over and over again in his head, “Kill them all for Nikolai!” Shane screamed in his head at the repeating animalistic voice but it ignored him and its voice had started to drown his own out the more it repeated. Shane could feel his identity starting to slip away as he raged against whatever was causing this nightmare.

As Shane struggled within and without, Wesker pulled back his right hand and made it into a fist. He whispered, “You’ve left me no choice…”

Faster than the eye could follow Wesker’s left hand slipped behind Shane’s neck in a single motion pulling his body down and forward while Wesker’s right fist punched through Shane’s chest splitting his sternum in half. Shane screamed an inhuman squeal like a pig as Wesker’s hand opened up inside him and grabbed the writhing plaga that had attached itself to his nervous system. Shane felt and heard the hellish mantra in his head turn into a high pitch whine that sounded like a language he had never heard before, seconds before Wesker ripped it and most of his heart out of the gaping hole in his chest ripping apart Shane’s shirt.

Wesker said nothing as he squeezed the wiggling plaga in his right fist while releasing Shane with his left hand. The bulging veins immediately disappeared from Shane’s body as his eyes returned to normal and rolled up into his head as he fell backwards. Blood had already started to pour from his nose and the corners of his mouth as he seemed to crumple to the floor like a limp rag doll.

Wesker stood there watching his body twitch as blood began to pool around Shane’s body. Shane closed his eyes and his mouth opened and in a whispering gasp, “Dad…” escaped his blood soaked lips before his jaw went slack and he laid still. For a moment the only sound that could be heard was Wesker’s breathing as his eyes went wide with shock and a red glow glinted from behind his sunglasses.

Photobucket

(Check out this link to see more fantastic RE art by WONDERMANRULES: http://wondermanrules.deviantart.com/gallery/5296953 )

Wesker suddenly felt the weight of what he just did hit him. He had killed his own son because he thought the plaga had overtaken him completely. There was no cure for the final stage of the parasites infection. The only cure was a quick death, something he did readily based on what he observed but could he have been wrong? Shane was fighting it but the plaga had overtaken him and his body showed all the signs of someone who was beyond the point of helping.

Wesker stood there looking at his own flesh and blood, dead. All his hopes and dreams for the boy gone because Wesker had convinced himself the boy was beyond all hope. But now after hearing his final word, he had the heavy weight of doubt pushing down on his shoulders.

Wesker shook off his feelings of regret. He felt angry for his mistake but now he felt even angrier letting his emotions momentarily cloud his thinking. The virus Shane had been injected with was the same as the one Wesker had in him when the Tyrant impaled him and ended his former life. Shane’s genetics were the same as his, and if his calculations were correct, Shane would immediately start to regenerate the damaged tissue, muscles, organs and bone within minutes.

Wesker studied the plaga while he waited. It was dead now; the separation from its host had obviously been mutated to survive the original removal process. An outer shell perhaps or maybe it regenerated. Wesker was impressed by the size of the plaga, it was as big as his hand if he didn’t include the tentacles it was almost as long as his forearm. How they modified it to resist the scanning processes, tests, and medical exams was baffling. He knew this was too important a sample to simply toss out. Running over to a first aid kit on the wall, Wesker dumped the contents of the plastic container out. He put the dead specimen in the hard plastic case and closed it returning to Shane.

Wesker studied the boy and his wound didn’t seem to have closed at all. It had been nearly a half hour when he checked his watch. He didn’t realize how lost he had gotten in studying the dead plaga, his mind had a sudden urgent thought, “What if the virus failed in the boy’s system? What if it was too late?” Wesker shook his head, “No. I just have to wait, give him more time.”

Albert wasn’t sure how long he sat was there next to Shane just staring at him, at the hole, the boy’s chest and then his face. There was nothing. No change at all, just a congealed, a drying puddle of blood soaking into his clothing and staining the concrete floor. Flies had started to gather around the open wound and Wesker waved them away and checked his watch. It had been over an hour, way past the amount of time it should have taken Shane to recover and revive from the wound.

Wesker frowned and his jaw tightened when he realized this was it. Shane was dead and there was nothing he could do about it. The virus had failed him just as much as Wesker had failed him. He stood up and couldn’t believe his calculations could be this far off. They had ran multiple tests, all positive, all telling him that Shane’s body accepted the virus with no resistance. Could the plaga have done something to him to make it fail?

It was over, Shane’s life was over and there was nothing he was able to do. Slowly Wesker slipped his arms under Shane’s legs and head and he lifted the limp form of Shane into his arms and held him close to his chest. His head lolled to the right smearing dried blood on Wesker’s suit.

Wesker had always prided himself on being cold, aloof and efficient. He had experimented on live test subjects who cried for their families and an uncaring God to help them in their final moments of agony and not once was he touched by it. They meant nothing to him. The men who looked up to him on the STARS team that he knowing lead to their deaths, William Birkin, a man he considered his one true friend throughout most of his time with Umbrella didn’t even cause him to shed a tear when he found out he had been turned into a monster and killed. All of the people who he worked with and lived with in Raccoon City, all of them meant nothing when all was said and done. He never felt a thing.

Wesker cradled Shane lightly and propped the boy’s head up and looked at him and finally felt something he had long since thought was gone. Wesker hugged Shane close and felt a stinging in his nose as a single hot tear escaped his eye rolled down his cheek and landed on Shane’s face. The realization hit him over and over again that he just lost his only son, the one person that he truly developed any real affection for and now because of him the boy was gone, never to return. Wesker gripped Shane tight and felt the cold liquid that was once his blood seep out onto him as he hugged Shane tighter.

Albert Wesker tried his hardest to beat these emotions back down inside but all the years of suppressing them made them explode when he saw his son dead. He sobbed openly for the first time since childhood and all he could do as the tears came was stand there and say in a cracked whisper, “I’m sorry my son…”

It had been over 24 hours since Shane died. Wesker took his body to the medical lab after he managed to get his composure. He made the medical staff study the boy while he was out of the room for any more traces of the plaga but they were under strict orders not to perform an autopsy.

While they examined the body, Wesker called Excella who immediately started sobbing. Wesker didn’t react to it and simply informed her to tell some of the men on the compound to get digging equipment and for her to send a transport truck over to the med labs. Wesker checked his watch. Time was running out quickly but he felt the need to do this one last thing for Shane. Going back into the warehouse Wesker picked up a large rectangular wooden crate, dumped out its contents and carried it back to the med labs before anyone realized he was gone.

After the examination, Wesker ordered the doctors to put Shane in a body bag and place it in the crate which was then loaded onto the back of the transport truck. As he was leaving the compound, Excella met him at the gate and insisted she come along for support. Wesker nodded and they both left the compound together. Wesker made the driver pull into an abandoned cemetery not far from the town closest to the compound. Old monuments and tombstones sat silently in the unkempt grass with worn names carved into some, others simply crosses with no inscriptions or small rectangles and squares with a single name and date on them.

--

March 13, 2012 at 6:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.