CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > RESIDENT EVIL ITEM BOX > Collectors Bible

C0llector

Would like to pose a question. Would it be possible to collate a comprehensive Collector's bible on this site, what I'm thinking of is attacking the issue on this site in a different way to most other RE sites as well as being able to showcase you private collections (which quite a few sites do very well) Is it feasable to create a section of this site that catalog's all the different items that are available Ideally with Hi-Res watermark free images and a bit of text about the item. There are a few videogame collector sites that also allow you to mark item's as being in you personnel collections so that you can generate lists via the site detailing the items you have.

I realise this is quite a significant task but there would be many benefits for it being fan driven as hopefully information about different items could be verified by the community ie whether an item is licensed/unlicensed/bootleg, If there's a limited production run how many were available and whether some things were available to buy individually or where they only availabe as packin's (Like the Teabags in the RE2 Controller).

I am in the process of collating information for my own collection at the moment and where ever possible scanning thing's rather than photographing them primarily to get a better image quality but obviously there are some items that I'll have to photograph as they won't physically fit on a scanner. As such I would be more than happy to contribute images to something like this (I'd probably drop the resolution down a bit for the online stuff as I'm probably overdoing it at 600DPI) but ideally formats/resolutions etc could be formalised before something like this gets off the ground.

Any feedback would be appreciated (Especially from the site owner as the the feasibility). Regards, Steve (C0llector)

May 17, 2011 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I am very enthused by this suggestion, and would like to assist where I can.

You may post new items that you have for your collection here in the Forum, but to showcase ALL OUR items in glorious hi-res 600 dpi, as you suggest, is what I was going to do in the Resident Evil Collections section.......

However, currently it only has slideshow jpegs for the 3 sub-sections of Games & Films, Trials, Demos & Docs, and Literature. This is the next section of the site to be updated & I would love to include your & other Residents' items. Rather than just upload scans of my own limited collection, a substantive Bible can be created with your own additions, and those of other Residents here........I love your idea. 

Steve please send me links if you can to the 600 dpi scans you have which can compliment my own collection items that are to be included. So as not to make duplications you can view my entire collection via those slideshows here, or more easily at my Facebook, Capcom Unity, and THIA pages.

It will be helpful for you to know that I do not have any clothing, posters, or models/figures in my collection, as I focus on games, demos/trials, canon film, canon books, guides, and comics.

Please pm me, or post here for further discussion on your superb suggestion.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

May 17, 2011 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

C0llector

Hi, I realise weve been carrying this conversation in private but thought I'd better post here just so that other people are aware of what we are discussing. At the moment I'm in the process of catalogueing my collection, anything that can be scanned on a A3 Flatbed scanner I am doing at a res of 600dpi anything that can't be scanned I'm going to have a play around with my digital camera to get decent hi-res images of. That said my idea of the online catalogue wouldn't incorporate the hi-res scans as viewable on the page (some of the scans are 17meg jpg's) but lower res images could be generated for display on the web with the option to d/load the hi-res scans. As for my images there would be no watermarking as I don't care if other sites or people want to grab the images and use them for themselves. I would like it to be built upon by the community on here into a comprehensive bible of all things resident evil (I do mean all things even those knock off cheap flip top lighters or the China made Led Etched Perspex sign's that you see on ebay) Ideally whoever contributes the images would post a few comments about the quality of the item especially for the unlicensed stuff as then people aren't going to be disappointed if they buy something that someone's commented on as being tacky rubbish.

As to the thing's I can hopefully contribute images of I do have a relatively comprehensive set of figures most are still bliter packed as such would not be opened to get images of but hopefully other members have the figures opened and could contribute detail pictures, Any figures that aren't blister packed I will be taking out and taking images of. I have quite a few games/music cd's/Jap Guide books, The Cans of Pop & the Outbreak mints, Three of the Umbrella's etc etc as I said this isn't going to be a quick knock up but will take me some time to get everything together.

Regards

Steve

May 19, 2011 at 3:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Good work Steve. I am currently doing the same with my small collection of games & other media, and setting up the pages for display. I will keep updating in this thread. Good luck with the pictures !

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

May 22, 2011 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

William Birkin

Wow, that would be a really great thing to do that, a really hard work of course, can't wait to see this finished, i'm always ahppy to see other collection!

--

Resident Evil / Biohazard Collector

May 29, 2011 at 5:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

William Birkin at May 29, 2011 at 5:20 AM

Wow, that would be a really great thing to do that, a really hard work of course, can't wait to see this finished, i'm always ahppy to see other collection!

Just added your site to our Affiliates section, and look forward to any collaboration with you man. Cheers for joining the site.

May 29, 2011 at 6:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michael Chandler

Sorry for the misunderstanding but what this would be published each his own items-collection? Regardless could had repeat items of various users? In general, I like the idea.

I would like to be made ​​as a separate portal, instead of a section of this site, Joomla or Wordpress might be good solutions for this. I am very interested in this project, if carried out.

--

www.residentevilcenter.net

May 31, 2011 at 4:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

William Birkin

We have many good members here who believe in this project, i'm sure we can do something really nice!

Don't know how to make this via html, but i can help with pictures!

--

June 2, 2011 at 10:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

William Birkin at June 2, 2011 at 10:24 AM

We have many good members here who believe in this project, i'm sure we can do something really nice!

I will not need any html code, just links to where you have downloaded your jpegs, such as Photobucket, Megauplaod, or Imageshack for example. They can be from hi-res 600 dpi scans preferable, or good quality photos. Thanks W.B

--

June 2, 2011 at 3:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michael Chandler

George Trevor at June 2, 2011 at 3:37 PM

William Birkin at June 2, 2011 at 10:24 AM

I will not need any html code, just links to where you have downloaded your jpegs, such as Photobucket, Megauplaod, or Imageshack for example. They can be from hi-res 600 dpi scans preferable, or good quality photos. Thanks W.B

William is talking about the code inside the site to perform the functions we want to add but again it depends on what we do, if a new website or a section of this house, your house George.

--

www.residentevilcenter.net

June 2, 2011 at 6:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Thanks Mike, I knew what he meant, but due to the limitations of this site at present, the most efficient way would be to upload the scans & photos via Photobucket or similar. I have set up the pages for each section within the main Collection page.

June 4, 2011 at 10:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

William Birkin

I don't know what would be the best, a new website or here.

As a colelctor, i always dreamt about an international collector's community with many websites and a board in it, that would be awesome.

Somewhere all Resident Evil/Biohazard collectors must think they HAVE to be.

--

June 14, 2011 at 2:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

William Birkin at June 14, 2011 at 2:32 PM

I don't know what would be the best, a new website or here.

As a colelctor, i always dreamt about an international collector's community with many websites and a board in it, that would be awesome.

Somewhere all Resident Evil/Biohazard collectors must think they HAVE to be.

I would like to establish a collector's community here. This was always my aim when I set up this site a few months ago, and I think you could offer us vital assistance with this goal. I will be starting to upload scans of my collection into the Resident Evil Collecton section next week, and would like to ask you if I may, for images of any items you are happy to feature here William ~ particularily cards, lighters, watches, and figures. I hope to attract more Resident Evil collectors to Crimsom Head Elder as these sections grow. 

Currently we have 50 residents here, not all collectors, so I hope to increase membership greatly over the next few months, using some promotional ideas I have. 

June 16, 2011 at 8:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

William Birkin

You just need one picture for each item or more?

I'll help, no problem.

I'm fond of cards too, so happy of what Bandaï did, not the best cards on RE but really good!

--

June 18, 2011 at 4:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

YEAH ~ the Bandai cards are cute, and keeps the series alive in another way. My favourite though has to be the RE2 Wildstorm ones....they are so beautiful.

June 22, 2011 at 1:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

William Birkin

George, i just got a new card set, from the biohazard comics.
Since i know you love the cards like me, i'll tell you as soon i upload them!

--

September 15, 2011 at 1:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

William Birkin at September 15, 2011 at 1:46 PM

George, i just got a new card set, from the biohazard comics.
Since i know you love the cards like me, i'll tell you as soon i upload them!

WOW ~ Thanks ! You are quite correct Mr Birkin, I do love the cards !

You say these are from the 'biohazard comics'....... now I am very intrigued.

Thanks so much for posting William. I look forward to viewing your superb, new item.

When you have time, can you send me these & jpegs of your other cards, and I will feature them here, if I may, in our Resident Evil Collection section. 

Have a good night mon ami. 

--

September 16, 2011 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

William Birkin

This a 54 cards set, i love it!

here:
http://www.residentevilcollectors.com/pg/photos/download/1985/inline/

For the pictures, how many do you want of each set?
Because there's so many of each!

As soon as i can i'll do that don't worry, but until the end of the year it will be difficult, i'm moving to a new home and it tooks most of my free time (which isn't really large after work :( ) and the collection starts to be packaged!

Hope you had a nice week-end!

--

September 18, 2011 at 12:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I just saw your superb cards at ~ 

The artwork is wonderful, and your have done very well to find a full pack in such superb quality. 

Good luck with the move..... anything that you can email me is much appreciated { cards, keys, lighters, figures }
--

September 18, 2011 at 3:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

William Birkin

Just sent you some pictures of zippos, hop you'll like it!

--

September 25, 2011 at 5:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.