CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Resident evil 8 is taking a “soulsâ€� approach

Albert Wesker 187
AestheticGamer leaked some new information in regards to resident evil 8 but like all leaks take them with a grain of salt there is a lot of information on the article so here is the link looking forward to hearing the Crimson Head Elder residents opinions on this article. Here is the link to the article https://www.gamebyte.com/resident-evil-8-will-require-an-open-mind-leak/
--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

June 30, 2020 at 6:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

maria-farina

A possibly "open-world" RE? I have mixed feelings about it, at the moment. But nothing relevant can be said about gameplay right now.

I'm glad to see they are searching for new paths, ideas and visuals: I hope they won't steal too much from movies and tv series and show us some originality.

And I need a solid, intelligent story, interesting characters and the horror atmosphere. 

--

It's too dark outside and I can't see anything out of the window.

---

- Because we are nothing but pawns, in all this?

- In a manner of speaking, you are.

July 2, 2020 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BudTheChud

maria-farina at July 2, 2020 at 4:02 PM

A possibly "open-world" RE? I have mixed feelings about it, at the moment. But nothing relevant can be said about gameplay right now.

I'm glad to see they are searching for new paths, ideas and visuals: I hope they won't steal too much from movies and tv series and show us some originality.

And I need a solid, intelligent story, interesting characters and the horror atmosphere. 

This quote from Aesthetic_Gamer is old: he posted it way before the game was unveiled.

I don't think he refers to the game being "open-world" at all, nor any other game mechanics. I believe he refers to the actual content of the game, whatever it might be (so far, it looks like it has gone fully-supernatural, but even RE7 gave off the same vibe - and, in fact, they had to stretch things a bit in order for it to fit the lore). 

So far, the leaker has said that there are zombies in it, but they are not classic RE zombies and some of them wear armor and wield swords (I reckon they'll be encountered in the castle). I wonder what he means with "non-classic RE zombies" - especially after RE6 showed things that were little more than re-animated skeletons. 

As for them not stealing from movies, don't count on it: they have been doing it since RE1 and I can already see some visual influence from stuff like "The Witch".

--

Why do I need a signature?

July 5, 2020 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

maria-farina

"...claiming that RE 8 will have a “bigger focus on exploration than any Resident Evil game,” with free-roaming, optional treasures and what could be a hint as side quests".

Sounds a bit like an open-world to me, but I may be wrong.

And yes, I know that RE refecences movies since 1996; a little homage to films is nice and challenging for the fans.

Stealing ideas from popular movies because you have nothing more original to tell is, on the other side, annoying and lazy.

--

It's too dark outside and I can't see anything out of the window.

---

- Because we are nothing but pawns, in all this?

- In a manner of speaking, you are.

July 10, 2020 at 9:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BudTheChud

Aesthetic_Gamer says that we'll be free to roam the Village - doesn't sound like open-world to me, more like a more open structure, where you're not relegated to a few locations at the same time. He also says that some areas will be accessible from the beginning, but it will be up to you wether or not going through them early on, depending on how brave\skilled you are. I reckon they will be areas populated by particularly nasty enemies you can try and dodge early on in the game or wipe out later on when you get better equipped. I guess the events are going to change according this type of choices.

--

Why do I need a signature?

July 11, 2020 at 11:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

If there will be events influenced by decisions and choices, that'll be something fun to see. It's always interesting to see different paths and choices in how they will affect the gameplay/story telling.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

July 24, 2020 at 4:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.