CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > RE4 Remake in development

Albert Wesker 187

Here is another article that specifies that Resident Evil 4 remake is in the works, by two developers who worked on Resident Evil 3 remake. Furthermore, in my opinion I am alright with Capcom remaking 4 again: nevertheless though I would have wanted a remake of Code Veronica. I am still going to buy Resident Evil 4 remake when it does come out.

As always I am looking forward to hearing the residents discussion on this topic here is the link to the article.

--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

April 13, 2020 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

We do not need this, but maybe it's ironically a good thing. I don't much care for bio4 as it is. But I hate BIORE:2 and BIORE:3 for how little regard they have for the classic BIO2 and BIO3. Perhaps the inverse will come true this time making this remake a better version of bio4.

--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

April 14, 2020 at 6:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Thanks for the report Albert Wesker 187,  I am very pleased to hear these rumours may actually be true! No, I am really! After initially having an emotionally breakdown when RE4 changed from Yasuhisa Kawamora's vision with his 'Hook man/Hallucination' experimental game play & 'Castle/Fog' build to Miami's vision which departed from so much of the REmake tone, atmosphere, and game play, it was the first time Capcom broke my heart, I grew to love many aspects of Resident Evil 4, including the Gothic themes, genuine fear & horror strong throughout with often a feeling of constant pursuit on a par with original RE3 Nemesis, but this time by a variety of antagonist characters & B.O.Ws.

However the camera constantly bouncing back to the center of the screen & at a height that feels too low, is almost game breaking for me now, although oddly I don't remember it being that bad on the original GameCube version. If I could somehow fix/get over the camera issue I would only then cite the game's unforgivable, indefensible crime against survival horror, of having enemies drop ammo, it's woeful lack & ease of puzzles, Ashley Graham, and it's frustrating linearity, from preventing it being a Resident Evil classic. The scenarios and environments, atmosphere and music are all on a par with the series' best in all those categories.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

April 18, 2020 at 2:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunar Indie Studios
I'd be okay with it, since it would be a part of the whole "re-imagined" timeline that 2 and 3 have somewhat established, but I think CODE: Veronica ought to be made first, or hell, even a (unpopular opinion approaching) re-imagined RE1 to fit the style of the other games. Then again, that's just me, lol.
April 24, 2020 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

I'm not so sure about this tbh. Then after 4 is remade, they gonna remake 5 and 6 next? It just doesn't make sense to me. The games aren't doing any real retcons since the re-imaginings have the same core plot points anyway unless we see stuff from the re-imaginings popping up in future games from RE8 and up. IDK guess we'll see how all this goes down the line.

--

May 6, 2020 at 6:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

I'm not so sure about this tbh. Then after 4 is remade, they gonna remake 5 and 6 next? It just doesn't make sense to me. The games aren't doing any real retcons since the re-imaginings have the same core plot points anyway unless we see stuff from the re-imaginings popping up in future games from RE8 and up. IDK guess we'll see how all this goes down the line.

--

May 6, 2020 at 6:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seashell

Not going to lie, I'm a little uneasy hearing that RE4 will be the one getting the remake treatment when there are arguably other more deserving RE titles - at least, other titles that would benefit more from a remake (CV, anyone?).

That being said, if the planets align and Capcom plan to take inspiration from the 3.5 builds then I'm all in. Sigh... a girl can dream.

--

May 21, 2020 at 3:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187
Thanks to everyone who took part in this discussions apologies for not being active I started working about two weeks ago so I am trying to get back into routine after being in quarantine for 2 months. Anyways back to the topic at hand I am excited for a total remaster of Resident Evil 4 however I would have preferred to have a remake of Code Veronica instead of Resident Evil 4 or a remaster of Resident Evil 1 entirely. Furthermore, unless Capcom decides to make resident evil 4 like the 3.5 demo that would be something to look forward too entirely.
--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

May 28, 2020 at 6:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.