CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Resident Evil 3 remake is a huge accomplishment

Albert Wesker 187
Good evening crimson head elder residents it has been a long while since I have posted anything resident evil related. I have an article here that says Resident Evil 3 remake sold very well I will post the link to the article and I am looking forward to hearing the residents opinions on this massive Capcom success once again. Here is the link https://www.tweaktown.com/news/71778/resident-evil-3-remake-is-success-with-2-million-sales-in-five-days/amp.html
--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

April 13, 2020 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

I felt it was a success for all the wrong reasons and does not bode well for future releases to come from RE ENGINE.

--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

April 14, 2020 at 6:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

M-Greg at April 14, 2020 at 6:24 AM

I felt it was a success for all the wrong reasons and does not bode well for future releases to come from RE ENGINE.

Agreed, characterizations were fine but I felt it was lacking so much compared to RE2 Remake. Too much cut content.

--

May 6, 2020 at 6:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BudTheChud

Hang me if you want but I enjoyed RE3make - I should actually say I enjoyed it enough. It's not on par with the new RE2 and I wish it had been longer with at least 50% more Nemesis, but it does have a lot of good stuff in it (the acting and writing is top-notch). Despite it being more action-oriented, it felt more like a RE game than RE4 ever did. Above all, I might be the only one who appreciated it, but it is firmly stuck in the quasi-film noir atmosphere of the original games: no superhuman villains trying to take over the World, only evil people doing evil things for personal gain (Jill's final monologue spoonfeeds us with that notion - not a fan of stuff being rubbed in my face like that, I can catch subtleties, but at least it made it clear it wasn't about saving the planet). Glad it is selling well enough - even though I am afraid the success of these two games combined won't prevent RE8 from being a first person game. 

--

Why do I need a signature?

May 30, 2020 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187
I enjoyed resident evil 3 as well and I continue to enjoy it I have put almost 100 hours into the game and I am going to put several more hours into Resident Evil 3. I agree the game was shorter than the original and less nemesis fights but everything about the game was extraordinary from graphics, to narratives, to character development, and character chemistry was also amazing. The lists goes on and on; case and point Resident Evil 3 Remake was amazing and I will continue to playing the because honestly speaking I love this game and although it does not compre to Resident Evil 2 remake or the original Resident Evil 3 it is still an awesome remake overall.
--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

May 31, 2020 at 3:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Katie
Re3r is the prototype to Re4 remake. The QTEs, Nemesis parasite being based on Las Plagas and more action over horror. It should have been a dlc for Re2 as it lacked enough content. Still nit a bad RE game but i think Re2 and Re7 are better by comparison
May 31, 2020 at 2:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BudTheChud

Katie at May 31, 2020 at 2:10 PM

Re3r is the prototype to Re4 remake. The QTEs, Nemesis parasite being based on Las Plagas and more action over horror. It should have been a dlc for Re2 as it lacked enough content. Still nit a bad RE game but i think Re2 and Re7 are better by comparison

Yeah, I am not a fan of that whole "The Nemesis parasite was an attempt to artificially replicate Las Plagas" bit, especially since Las Plagas were only introduced after RE4 went through the troubled development we know. But, considering that RE4 will never be cancelled and forgotten, I guess we have to try and appreciate Capcom at least trying to make a cohesive lore. RE3make is more action oriented but still feels as part of the series because how tense and serious the situation is: if the new RE4 will drop the campy humor and bravado attittude, I might be tempted...even though I don't think I'll ever be able to take Los Illuminados (jeez, couldn't they find a better name?), Salazar and pretty much everything save for the doomed village seriously. That was a huge shark jump even for RE. Any writer trying to make 4 fit the lore and make a lick of sense (as it stands, it's like a funhouse ride with no rhyme or reason - no surprise Mikami eventually made The Evil Within, which at least has the excuse of being set in a dreamworld...or whatever STEM's supposed to be) will have to work pretty hard. 

--

May 31, 2020 at 8:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leon Luo

Remake3 plays good.

Only 2 disappointments:

1. Nemesis is not designed as well as Mr.X in Remake2 as a "Pursuer". Most of the fights with Nemesis feels forced and scripted. Mr.X in Remake2 feels really part of the gameplay.

2. The opening part is great. But the car fight scene with Nemesis came too soon. It did not build enough atmosphere to it.

June 5, 2020 at 4:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seashell

I could name countless things that the original surpasses the remake on in spades, but hey, I like it. It didn't have the same impact on me as the previous two remakes in the series, but it is a solid modern Resident Evil experience. Who'd have dreamed that this would be the kind of remake we'd oneday get back when ORC and (deep breath) Umbrella Corps were the hot new RE products. Many flaws, but in my opinion, solid. 

--

" S e a s h e l l   i s   e v i l . . . "   -   A n o n y m o u s ,   2 0 0 8

June 5, 2020 at 12:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BudTheChud

Leon Luo at June 5, 2020 at 4:26 AM

Remake3 plays good.

Only 2 disappointments:

1. Nemesis is not designed as well as Mr.X in Remake2 as a "Pursuer". Most of the fights with Nemesis feels forced and scripted. Mr.X is Remake2 feels really part of the gameplay.

2. The opening part is great. But the car fight scene with Nemesis came too soon. It did not build enough atmosphere to it.

Yeah, I 100% agree, especially on point 2. But that's the remake in a nutshell: it's on fast-forward. At times, I had the impression I was watching a movie adaptation of the RE3 story because how fast things happened or how they cut and sewn elements together - case point, Carlos is introduced almost immediately, which is typical of movies: the co-star generally steps in less than 10 minutes after the main character is presented. Or the way they exploited the only portion in downtown Raccon City to the max (in a quite clever way, I must add - the giant ball getting hit and turning into the boulder from RE1 was smart imho): just like they do in a lot of movies, where they don't have free access to a lot of locations and so concentrate much of the narrative around the few areas they can afford. That said, if RE: Apocalypse had been like RE3make, it would've been a masterpiece. One cannot help but wonder how great it could've been had its makers decided to make it longer, but that's what we got - apparently, it's not like they really cut much from the original plan: the game is just as long as they had envisioned. The project was used as a training ground for M2 to get accostumed with the RE engine, so they aimed at a shorter running time. Pity, but, according to leaker Aesthetic Gamer (whose "revelations" have been right on a 50-50 base, but sometimes what he says makes so much sense it's hard to not believe him - if he's inventing everything, he's pretty good at it) Capcom is aiming at releasing RE games on a yearly base and so they need more teams who know how to use their tech.

--

June 6, 2020 at 7:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.