CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > RESIDENTS CHRONICLES > BIO HAZARD the animation

M-Greg

Apologies if there is already a product of that or a similar name and if this is the wrong section for this topic. I felt that no other place would be right to get feedback on this idea that I would personally love to see come into existence but that will probably never, ever happen. We have seen Capcom produce BIO manga and theatrical, both stage and screen, tie-ins. Somehow, we have yet to see even an attempt at an anime, at least to my knowledge. Even Devil May Cry has one, so what gives? This is an untapped resource, one that I wholeheartedly believe many BIO fans would pay to see made use of.

I feel that an anime short series or film depicting the daily life of working at Umbrella would be a lot more interesting than a BIO8 at this point. It would be a bit like Brian Azzarello's Joker, a graphic novel which is told through the POV of The Joker's chauffeur. I imagine it starting off in Africa with a young Lord Spencer on safari, trusty shotgun in hand as he stalks game and explains his views on genetic superiority to a colleague at the same time General Zaroff-style. Then cut between scenes of Henry Travis deep in his book's research, George Trevor constructing Spencer Mansion, and it all goes from there.

Any thoughts?

--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

August 4, 2019 at 5:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Evil Resident
Sounds great - as long as CAPCOM writers are directly involved to ensure it fits the tone/lore of the series. Imagine seeing Alexia as a little girl ordering around adult researchers, Wesker and Birkin interacting more, Lisa's development into a monster over the decades, etc.
--
Hiding places are beyond number, and yet only one deliverance. But there are as many chances for deliverance as there are hiding places - Kafka
August 5, 2019 at 2:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

Evil Resident at August 5, 2019 at 2:20 PM

Sounds great - as long as CAPCOM writers are directly involved to ensure it fits the tone/lore of the series. Imagine seeing Alexia as a little girl ordering around adult researchers, Wesker and Birkin interacting more, Lisa's development into a monster over the decades, etc.

My thoughts exactly! Kenichi Iwao coming back to write the script would be preferable but somehow that doesn't seem likely :/
--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

August 6, 2019 at 8:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.