CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > Marvin Branagh in the mansion!

George Trevor
Site Owner

Christopher Mychael Watson has chosen to visit the Crimson Head Elder mansion for his first Resident Evil 2 interview! So we just had to invite this extremely fine actor to be our special guest, on the next Crimson Head Elder Podcast!

Portraying a truly unforgetable character, very much beloved by the fans over the many years that Resident Evil 2 has remained in our hearts, Christopher Mychael Watson, performed both motion-capture and dialogue for Marvin Branagh, in this extended role, for the heroic RPD officer, in the spectacular remake of Resident Evil 2.

Residents of Crimson Head Elder can post questions below, to be asked live on the next podcast, when we explore with our star guest, what makes Marvin such a popular, unforgettable character, and how he experienced the Resident Evil 2 production, with his fellow cast, and interaction with the Capcom developers!

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

March 7, 2019 at 2:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

This will certainly be a good interview!

1: When you are cast to be Marvin, do you recall what they provided you with in order to understand the man? Such as concept artworks or even footage from the original Resident Evil 2?

2: When performing the live capture of the pain and suffering Marvin was in, did you feel connected with him knowing he was going to die from his wound?

3: Have you gotten a chance to see videos or play the game to see how amazing the few moments we have with Marvin were?

4: Was there any unused dialogue that you recall that they cut from the final product?

5: Do you recall doing anything extra while doing Marvin? Such as extra scenes with Leon or Claire, or with another character?

6: Would you like for them to have a DLC of what happened to Marvin before he passes from his injury?

7: Do you believe that another cop or even Chief Irons shot Marvin?

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

March 7, 2019 at 2:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Weskers Report

TheOracleDragon at March 7, 2019 at 2:58 PM

This will certainly be a good interview!

1: When you are cast to be Marvin, do you recall what they provided you with in order to understand the man? Such as concept artworks or even footage from the original Resident Evil 2?

2: When performing the live capture of the pain and suffering Marvin was in, did you feel connected with him knowing he was going to die from his wound?

3: Have you gotten a chance to see videos or play the game to see how amazing the few moments we have with Marvin were?

4: Was there any unused dialogue that you recall that they cut from the final product?

5: Do you recall doing anything extra while doing Marvin? Such as extra scenes with Leon or Claire, or with another character?

6: Would you like for them to have a DLC of what happened to Marvin before he passes from his injury?

7: Do you believe that another cop or even Chief Irons shot Marvin?

can we ask him how he felt that about the scene of him turning into a zombie was cut?

March 7, 2019 at 3:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Collected a few questions from RE fans, will post more when I get them.

Wonderman asks: Have you played the original and took any cues from the original Marvin voice actor?

Eliza de la Cruz asks:

1: How do you think Marvin's life was before the incident?

2: What do you think Marvin thought about to resist the zombification?

3: And what do you think was his last thought?

4: How do you feel playing the role of a character that, even if his role in game was really short, is really dear and loved by fans of the saga?

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

March 7, 2019 at 8:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bl00dy3y3
Rapid fire interviews from the RE2make cast? I?ll take it! Here are my questions 1. As a black man, do you think this character was represented, in a positive way? 2. Continuing off that how did you feel portraying a Black Police Officer? Considering the historically shaky relationship between POC and Police? 3. Did you see the original 98? performance? If so, what are your thoughts on it? 4. Would you reprise the role of Marvin for any future projects if asked? 5. Looking back at your time on this production. What is your fondest memory/moment on set?
March 8, 2019 at 6:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187
It is a respect and benefit to have the exceptionally skilled Christopher Mychael Watson on the crimson head elder podcast. 1. What is your most loved show/venture/character that you have played/been a piece of throughout the years? 2. What changes do you foresee for what is to come? 3. What was your big break that got you noticed in the industry?
--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

March 8, 2019 at 6:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Random question from CosmicVirus: What do you think of the weird mods that were released for the game? Specifically, the ones used to manipulate emotion settings.

--

March 8, 2019 at 2:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

Hi guys,

1. Did you have a chance to play the original RE2 and or RE2 Remake game or have someone play it for you?

2. Do you have any relatives that have played the game or the original?

3. Did you have any special sounds that you have to make when your character turned into a zombie?:)

4. What do you know about the character's history and fanbase?

This is a great opportunity that his voice actor chose Crimson Head Elder for his first interview! Thank you! :D

March 9, 2019 at 3:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Negan's Bat

I thought your dialogue with Leon and Claire had the most emotionally charged lines in the game. You killed it! Seriously tho I would have liked to have heard more from Marvin as you gave him such a strong personality. You definitly did the character justice, did you know how popular he was depsite having only two short scenes, and one of those was as a zombie?

--

Lucille needs feeding

March 9, 2019 at 5:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Doom Keeper

I read on twitter Nick and Stephanie who play Leon and Claire are big gamers, and played Resident Evil loads as fans, and in an interview with this site Jolene who is Ada Wong gave up games in her childhood. So which side so you fall on Christopher?

--

Those that behold my image will crumble, for I am the keeper of doom.

March 9, 2019 at 5:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

Nice! What's next? Kendo? lol

Before I start I would like to say that the main thing I love about replaying the game with Leon and Claire is hearing the different tones you give them. You have amazing range. With Leon, a fellow cop and someone of lower rank, you're stern but obviously care about his wellbeing. With Claire, a civilian and sister to a coworker, you're gentle and try to put on a brave face. I hope you're given the opportunity to play another role in the series!

1. I'm sorry if I missed it but from what I can tell this is your first time working on a video game and your first time mocaping. What made you want to do this? Do you plan on doing more mocap, video game and/or VA work in the future? 

2. Most of Marvins scenes are of him sitting down. With all the mocap stuff on. Do you find it easier or harder?

3. How many time do you think Marvin won Officer of The Month? He seems like the type who would win it all the time lol. Have you ever won employee of the month?

4. Are you a fan of the horror genre? What scares you the most?

5. Sorry for bringing the mood down but in the zombie genre. Most people take suicide as a better alternative than becoming a zombie. Why do you think Marvin never did? Personally, I think it's because he wanted to keep helping until his last moment.

--

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong."

March 9, 2019 at 9:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Some more questions:

1: Apart from doing this work for Capcom, what other things have you been doing? 

2: Can you tell us about your career and how you got into voice acting?

3: You must be proud of yourself with your work as Marvin, how does it feel to be part of an iconic character that people will talk about for years?

4: How are you doing today?

5: Are there any projects you are doing that we should watch out for?

6: Can you recall any funny things that happened during recording or during the mocap?

7: If the events of Raccoon City didn't happen, how do you think Marvin would have introduced himself to Leon?

--

March 12, 2019 at 2:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunar Indie Studios

1. If your character, Marvin, was well enough to travel with Leon or Claire, do you think he would survive the whole ordeal with Raccoon City’s T-Virus outbreak, or do you think he wouldn’t make it out alive?

2. When preparing for your role as Marvin Branagh, did you at all use any of the older games that your character played a role in for reference (like the original Resident Evil 2, and Outbreak File #2)?

March 12, 2019 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Batgirlx26x

George Trevor at March 7, 2019 at 2:18 PM

Christopher Mychael Watson has chosen to visit the Crimson Head Elder mansion for his first Resident Evil 2 interview! So we just had to invite this extremely fine actor to be our special guest, on the next Crimson Head Elder Podcast!

Portraying a truly unforgetable character, very much beloved by the fans over the many years that Resident Evil 2 has remained in our hearts, Christopher Mychael Watson, performed both motion-capture and dialogue for Marvin Branagh, in this extended role, for the heroic RPD officer, in the spectacular remake of Resident Evil 2.

Residents of Crimson Head Elder can post questions below, to be asked live on the next podcast, when we explore with our star guest, what makes Marvin Branagh, such a popular, and unforgetable character, and how he experienced the Resident Evil 2 production, with his fellow cast, and interaction with the Capcom developers!

Let me begin by saying your portrayal of Marvin was amazing. It gave the character a lot more depth and it showed a different side of this Iconic character. My questions are: Jumping into a big fandom like the RE universe, how have you been recieved by the fans? Where any of the scenes improvised? Did you research who he was? If asked to do the full performance for him in Outbreak would you reprise the role? Thank you ❤️
March 14, 2019 at 7:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.