CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > RE2make environment analysis

USS Command

I know everyone loves to over analyzing the environments so I figured we can start a thread to do the same for various areas of RE2make.

I'll start us off with the west wing.

Note: I’m ONY analyzing this as fare as RE2make is concerned. If anyone wants to take what I’m writing and reworking to fit outbreak, the original RE2 and anything else go for it! I’m just trying to start out with simple ideas.

The west wing is completely locked off when Leon/Claire first visit the station. The shutter for the Reception room is down with the lever to raise it tapped shut(cause no one can pull tape off in RE obviously), the shutter to the 2nd floor stairway is down, bended, in a way that seems like something tried to break through and random furniture is stacked in front of it. Doors to the library and offices are locked. It makes it quite clear that the west side was completely fucked.

Opening up the shutter and going into the reception room we see a blood trail. Following it, we’re lead to where the Licker would normally be seen in Outbreak File 2’s Desperate Times and the Original RE2. The wall here has some blood splatter and is covered in scratches. Going through the door into the dark hallway we see more blood splatter over the floor and wall but it abruptly stops.

Theory 1: The abrupt stop is the start. It’s where Marvin is hurt and he makes his way to the main hall and then shuts the shutter. The bloody footprints are his as he shambles around trying to find meds for his wound.

There’s a sign on the wall that points to the Operations Room by taking the first right. The way is heavily barricaded with a stack of furniture almost to the wall. No zombies is getting through that. Going down the hallway and looking out the windows we see what strikes me as odd. They’re not broken. Hell the first one you see isn’t even boarded up. Which easily allows us to see outside where we see that just outside the window is a stone and metal fence… How the zombies easily get past that?

Moving on towards the body who has the ONLY radio that can reach outside the RPD, I noticed something. There’s a vent cover on the floor. Above it, an open vent and a broken light. I’m guessing a licker came down here. It startled the two officers and in what I feel could be a reference to the Chinese comics, as I pointed out somewhere else on this site, flung one guy up to get impelled one a chunk of metal and gave the other poor cop some tongue.

Theory 1.5: Elliot says to “send reinforcements.” Meaning that he Marvin and David aren't the only cops left. What if Marvin was here when these two died and got hit just before he left the hallway? Now Marvin’s dialogue seems to indicate a fellow officer(Rita?) he was close to bit him really bad. I’d say that wound is way too bad for one zombie to do, but it only took ONE zombie to rip Elliot’s legs off(unless we go with the Japanese version where his legs DON’T get ripped off). So let’s look at the unused concept art for RE2make in the bonus section. It shows an idea for a zombie that’s half licker. Perhaps this is what happened, a former zombie cop busted out of the vent turning into a licker and did two cops in and then wounded Marvin as he tried to escape.

After looking at the aftermath of a licker French kiss, we hear a can drop and would investigate but I have to again point out the lack of windows being broken. We even have a 2nd window not boarded up. But if we have boards we can do it ourselves. It honestly doesn’t seem like anything tried to break through these windows. Also there’s a locked door to the confiscated items storage. Past that, right were that can was knocked over we see the first sign of something really wanting in, an opened metal door and a large 3 clawed gash in the door frame. The metal door(you call that a door right?) is bent all to hell. Something really wanted in and forced it open. My guess a licker.

Theory 1.5 MOD: there’s blood that starts not too far from that door, it’s possible the not quite zombie not quite Licker comes in through this way, attacked the cops, they fight back, leading the blood trail as they pull back, firing at it, get killed and then the rest happens. The “Zomlicker” then escapes into the vent that we find open.

Going through the metal doorway, we see the first broken window! Looks fairly recent too, however with all the water acuminated in the hallway it’s questionable. There’s boards on the floor and a sign that reads “stay back” written on blood stained paper. Perhaps someone didn’t read the sign and something came through due to it.

Walking down the hall full of water we see tons of boarded up windows with no damage until we get to the end where a zombie will break in should you not keep a spare set of boards. Looking outside the broken window, we see just how zombies are managing to get in, they [somehow] managed to bend open the fucking metal bars of the fence. How? Numbers? Mutations? Bad writing/poor planning? Who knows.

Past that window we get 3 more broken windows all at once and here’s the kicker, they was boarded up at some point AND they had metal bars on them! What kind of steroid filled zombies did we miss out on?

Well now where here at the door to the Operations room. The path leading past has been heavily fortified with one of the metal doors bent to hell closed with barbwire and a table on this side. The other looks to be a stack of various furniture. Inside the Operations Room we see 3 maps for the RPD. The two that’s hanging up are the same, they mark all the locations with barriers all throughout the first floor and ONLY the windows you can block yourself, which is a bit odd. But there’s one on the table that has some interesting details on it!

Looking at it, it seems the red area is the blocked off area surrounding the Safety Deposit Room plus the west office. Was this area lost and blocked off? Would seem that way. All ways leading there are blocked off by furniture or locked doors. The Records Room(called Confiscated Items Storage on the sign in the hall) door in the hallway is locked by the Club key. The storage room between that and the Operations Room has all three doors locked. One from the inside, one by chain, and one with the Heart key. They really didn’t want anything or anyone easily getting in or out of that part of the station. But then something is off. The window we climb up to hop into the blocked off area is broken into. So at some point someone or something broke in.

Once inside the whole situation is more confusing. This area doesn’t look like it was lost at all. We see one fat zombie cop banging on a vending machine. A dead cop on the floor missing an arm, who reanimates eventually, a dead civilian, and lots of blood. But the kicker is, these barricades look like they was made from this side.

And the civilian looks like he was trying to get passed it when he died.

So let’s move into the west office. We see a dead guy at George Scott’s desk. Probably him. And a dead cop in the private office. Total of 4 dead cops and 1 civilian and besides the one who lost his arm, nothing seems to indicate how or why this area was blocked off.

Past the bodies and heading towards the Dark-room, we see a zombie banging on the window. It really seems the windows wasn’t being hit that hard until recent. Heading up stairs we see a dead cop and a zombie civilian. The cop seems like she was corned by something that really fucked her up. We also see the other side of the shutter from the main hall. This side is covered in blood is bent like something wanted out, and has scratches on it and the wall near it. The same ones we saw in the reception room. Now moving on towards the STARS office we see it’s been blocked off too.

So going into the Men’s Locker Room we see the door was into the shower room is blocked by steam and one of the lockers has a dead cop in it. When we get the valve to stop the steam we notice 3 holes within it. They almost look like gun shots to me. Going pass that, we see a big hole in the wall that alows us to go into the Women's Locker room and shower.

But what made the hole? The popular theory online is Nemesis. But until RE3make comes and proves or disprove it, I’m going to assume a licker somehow managed it. Mr. X could’ve done it as well for all we know as we have no information on how he made it into the RPD or how long he has been there.

Theory 2: Something came through the wall and attacked the Locker cop. He gets wounded but get pass the water heater, shoots it 3 times causing the steam to cut off or sow down whatever is after him, and then hides in the locker where he bleeds out and dies.

Also of note, based on the position of the cop on the bench, it seems he passed just mere moments before we get to him. It looks like he was wounded set down to rest and died only to fall over after we get to him.

Going past him heading into the hallway in front of the STARS office, we see our first licker eating a civilian. There’s also 3 dead cops in this hallway. Obvious victims of the licker. Then going past that we see the where the licker came from, a vent cover lays on the floor and blood is covering the walls, furniture, and windows. There’s no bodies here so I assume the blood belongs to the dead cops, after all they’re missing limbs and there isn’t a lot of blood around them besides the one who died by the Women’s Locker Room sign. It’s possible the other two died and was thrown around a bit. Alternatively, the civilian could’ve been where all that blood came from as the licker tore him up before he died and got eaten. Doesn’t explain the lack of blood around the other two cops though so maybe not.

Besides some of the blinds, all the windows are fine minus one. The one broken has rain pouring in but it seems that it was broken outwards as there isn’t any glass on the floor. I can only assume a gun went off and shot the window’s glass out as the cops was killed by the licker. The hallway is also covered in the same scratches I talked about before. The door leading into the lounge is locked from this side. Which is a bit odd, again it goes back to the fact that the barricades on the first floor being made on the side that the map in the Operations room has marked red. There’s also not really anything to note in the Linen Room. I’d imagine it being locked was left over from before the outbreak.

There’s also nothing going on in the Lounge besides it being a shitty lounge. 3 chairs, a little table to display a fake plotted plant, and a unicorn statue. No TV? No couch? No place to eat a sandwich or anything? Garbage. About the only thing interesting you could’ve done is look down at people in reception and judge them.

Anyway going into the Library, you see two dead cops, one had a knife, a fat dead civilian who reanimates, a female civilian zombie wondering around, and a male civilian zombie eating the ass of a dead civilian. Not much to go on in here really, there’s books all over the damn place without much explanation. They all came from the upper selves from the look of it. Maybe the cops was looking for information on the secret tunnel with two civilians and died. One of the walk ways on the 2nd floor to the Library is broken. It’s not explained what did that but must’ve been something big. There’s also the area where you can fall through as we. Also the fact there’s a jack on one of the movable bookshelves makes no sense what so ever. There’s really no reason for anyone to have done that.

Heading back to the west stairway, on the 3rd floor we see another barricade and another hole in the wall where something came through.

Couple things to note, the barricade seems to have been built up from both sides of the hall. Which makes it an oddity. There’s also a zombie cop that is in this little office(?) that’s only in the 2nd run. Maybe Mr. X gave it to him? It looks like something came into the room, whom ever was there freaked out, jumped out of his chair, throw some books at it, and got slammed through the wall.

Going past that into the hall towards the West Storage room, we’ll see a gimps of a licker on the window and hear it break into the station from somewhere else. The rest of the way that would lead to the Clock Tower is blocked. However when looking at both sides it doesn’t seem to be a barricade. But just a pile of storage. If it is a barricade there’s noting there to really worry about as the Clock Tower seems untouched by this mess. That is until we break the bell. Though there is two zombies, a cop and civilian out in the main hall 3rd floor.

Going into the West Storage room we see a mess. Holes in the ceiling, a barricade set up with claw marks on the wall next to it, clothing, wood, plaster, plastic, and so on. Behind the barricade on the floor is a heavy duty flashlight. Next it we see a blood trail leading up and over a box and some furniture through a hole in the wall. If I had to guess, a Licker came by and drugged off whomever was standing there. Going forward, there’s another blood trail to where a body of a civilian is hanging down from the ceiling. Seems he was also killed by a Licker. There’s also a few blood spatters on the wall and a blood train leading way from the cage that ends at a hoe in the ceiling.

Now onto the cage itself.

Inside this cage is a total of 9 dead people. 3 are civilians, 3 are cops, and 3 could go either way as they’re top is a RPD uniform but their pants or shoes aren’t. However, file nearby seems to suggest they’re all cops as it says “I boarded up all those filthy pigs up in a steel pen” or he just calls everyone pigs. Regardless, it’s obvious that Irons has killed all these people but what I don’t get is how? He’s one guy vs 9 people! When would he even have the time to round all these people up?

So at this point everything is analyzes I can say this for certain, zombies breaking into the station wasn’t the problem the RPD faced, as fare as the West side was concerned. The problem seems to be lickers and Irons.

Let’s look at the Record of Events file, something I purposely didn’t mention until now. September 25th, they turn the station into a shelter. Later on in the middle of the night a refugee attacked and killed a cop and wounded 3 others. They say he was snapping under stress and I have no reason to believe otherwise. After all Marvin does talk about how zombies are all over the place. He could’ve been the guy locked in the Investigation room that wrote let me out in blood. If this was a zombie, I feel it’ll be noted on the report. On the 26th, a mob attacked and a few survivors made it behind the emergency shutter. I think this is talking about the one that leads into the East Wing, which I’ll cover sometime later, assuming someone else doesn’t get to it. On the 27th, a clash happened on the west side that resulted in the death of 12 people.

Doing a count of all the dead, we have 2 cops near the records room. One undead cop, one soon to be undead cop, and a dead civilian by the Safety Deposit room. Two soon to be undead cops in the West office. Dead soon to be undead cop with a zombie on the 2nd floor. 3 dead cops and a civilian in front of the STARS office. And 2 dead cops in the library two dead civilians, one which reanimates and two zombies. On the third floor we have one dead civilian in the storage room and there’s a zombie cop that’s only there on the 2nd run. Not including the cage and the dead guys in the locker/shower rooms, we have 13 dead cops, and 8 civilians. Now if we exclude the zombie cop only seen in the 2nd run, then we have 12 dead cop and this adds up with David’s report. Considering the windows are all undamaged besides 4 on the first floor and one on the 2nd floor, lickers are the cause of the clash. This also fits with the fact he mentions them in a memo and ends it with having to avenge a friend.

Now I didn’t include the locker cop as we discover him ourselves and then the guy setting on the bench also seems like a recent victim. So with that said, one of them may be David, perhaps the one on the bench? Maybe he tried at getting revenge for one of the cops that was killed, get seriously wounded, and died as we come by him.

Now one problem so far is my theory 1.5 doesn’t work. Which is fine, I wrote this as I went along. But we have the problem of David and Marvin being asked by Elliot to send reinforcements. So where are the reinforcements? We have to assume the 9 people Irons killed would’ve been them.

And that’s it, the take away is Lickers took out half the RPD.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

February 8, 2019 at 3:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AvP Ryu

Your article and theories, are really good, USS Command.

--

Computer geeks ....we’re not so easy to kill.

February 8, 2019 at 6:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

So something that I forgot to mention. In the West Storage room, there’s big pile of brown substance that’s never identified. We see a lot of it here and more throughout the game here and there. I’ve notice that it’s in areas where Lickers are seen, unless I’m forgetting about an area. So could this be Licker poop? I know there’s big huge piles in the storage room, but we don’t know much about their biology and how often they have to go. I know there’s a possibility that it’s just meant to be old damage wall instillation, but a lot of those piles just don’t come from anywhere. Also when you shoot the piles of whatever it is, the splatter is an odd greenish color.

Also, in case anyone hasn’t unlocked it yet, here’s the unused Licker zombie thing I called “Zomlicker”.

Now I know a couple things I speculated about was related to this unused idea, but I think it should be noted that parts of the environment COULD have been made with them in mind and when they didn’t make it in, they didn’t change the environment. Such is the life of game design. And thanks AvP Ryu!

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

February 9, 2019 at 11:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

So here’s the analysis of the East Wing.

Just want to say sorry that it jumps around a bit but that just the nature of the east wing.

Our first taste of the east wing is via the security camera when we see Elliot get attack by one loan zombie as he leaves the Break Room. I just want to note how ridiculous it is for him to have survived this long into the outbreak and not be able to handle one zombie. What he do? Hide behind better fighters the entire outbreak?

Anyway… from the main hall we see that the east wing is locked up but not nearly like the west wing was. We get one shutter on the first floor and the locked door leading into the hallway between the waiting room and art room. It’s also noteworthy that the waiting room, besides a displaced rug, looks completely untouched by the outbreak. Going to the shutter and giving it a good look, we see that someone has taped a sign that reads “keep out” on to it. On the floor there is black liquid seeping out from under the shutter. This is most likely meant to be blood and due to either censorship(the blood on Ethan’s hand when its cut off is black in the Japanese version) or possible lighting error it appears black. Flipping the switch to open the shutter does very little unlike the one by reception as its just barley raised enough for Leon/Claire to squeeze under. I also have to admit that I find it odd how different each shutter is in the RPD. Guess they meant to change them all after they took over the museum and never got around to do it.

Once on the other side we’re treated to a lot of stuff all at once to take in. The walls, some missing person posters/photos, a painting, and the floor just on the other side of the shutter is covered in blood. There’s also some bloody handprints on the wall as well. The hallway leading away is flooded by murky green water. As we go on there’s locked double doors to our right that would lead into the east office. There’s also four reception windows that have little shutters but only one was ever shut. When looking through the three windows that aren't shut, we see that the office is empty. To our left, is an area by the payphones marked as “Missing Persons Information” which is probably a spot people would keep trying to phone loved ones and friends. Just past that is another spot called “Sightings” that has a map of the RPD on the wall surrounded by photos. I can only assume this was for people who was missing within the RPD itself. I guess the RPD Officers was so stressed and over worked early on that they couldn’t keep track where the refugees was at in the RPD. Or this was originally meant to be a Raccoon City map that got replaced with the RPD map that we see in the Operations Room form the West Wing. Looking around the area in the hallway, there's about 6 or 7 areas where people made a spot to sleep in the hallway before this area got lost. This means one of two things, not many survivors made it inside the RPD or that the RPD had people sleeping in shifts due to lack of beds. There's also a door boarded up that zombies break out of later.

Heading toward the press room we see evidence of a struggle, there's a knocked over metal cabinet with three bullet holes in it. There's also 3 bullet holes in the doors leading into the press room. When we first walk in its dark so switching on the light we can get a better look at everything. Besides the 3 holes in the door, there’s 4 on the right side of the door and 2 on the left side. There's also a puddle of blood and a trail of it leading from the door. The trail goes a bit stops. Then continues to a dead civilian who is laying on some handgun rounds. There's also 3 areas in this room where people slept.

Theory 1: when the east wing was lost this guy came to the press room. He knocked down the cabinet slow down the infected and shot at the ones to clambering over it. He gets attacked and wounded just inside the press room. Here he fought off the zombies while shooting randomly until they left him be(think about how the REmake zombie that eat Kenneth gets up and leaves Jill and Barry alone), and then he crawled over to where he finally dies. Why didn’t he reanimate? I assume the particular zombie(s) that attacked him was no longer able to pass on infection or he bleed out and died before the infection took hold. The t-Virus in Raccoon City can’t bring back the dead after all.

The door from the press room leading to the stairs that goes near the chief's office is boarded up from this side. The window on the door is broken as well. However it’s clear from looking through window that the other side that the door was also barricaded. Out back into the hallway and heading towards the bathrooms we see the man's bathroom is boarded up. And the hallway leading to the stairs and the Observation and Interrogation room is barricaded up with furniture and barbwire.

Theory 2: I believe that this barricade was put up as security in case a break in and then the pressroom door was used to get into that area.

We also find the source of the murky water, a broken toilet within the women's bathroom. Going on towards the watchman's room, we see a bunch of dead bodies. There's two civilians and three dead cops, one of which is missing a head.

It looks like they was attacked when preparing to board up the windows as one of the officers has a wooden plank near him. There's also big windows that can be used to look into the East Office and it still looks empty besides a pack of handgun bullets laying by some windows.

We can also see the double doors is barricaded with a chair and some files/books. The only spot we can't get a good look at from out here is the private office. Also the single door to the office is chained shut from the outside. The door leading to the emergency stairway is locked from the other side.

Theory 2.5: same as with the barricade the door is chain for extra security.

Inside the watchman's room it looks very untouched by everything minus the emergency fire shutter that's closed and well half of Elliott's body. Or his whole body if we go with the Japanese version. After Elliot's death one of the dead cops comes to life and attacks you(he doesn’t do this in 2nd run). Then one of the windows breaks in. This is the first East wing window to be broke into scents the outbreak started. So like with the West wing, it would seem zombies coming through windows wasn't a problem.

Now on the way back to the main hall, that boarded up door from before gets broken open by two civilian zombies. If we're quick enough to dispatch them and look inside, we see a zombie cop getting up. From the looks of the room, it’s a storage room for old reports and the like. There's a heavy duty flashlight on inside and files all over the floor. It seems that the cop was looking for something, got attacked and was locked up in there with the two zombies to die or was killed by them and someone else locked up.

There's also a 3rd civilian zombie that appears only as Leon or Claire tries to escape the east wing back into the main hall, it’s the one Marvin kills. This isn’t the only zombie in the east wing to appear out of nowhere. The door that’s boarded up in the press room will have a zombie spawn at it when you get to the other side of the door.

Now going back to the waiting room where that locked door is, we unlock it see that the entire hallway is just as untouched by the outbreak as the waiting room. With the only thing not normal being the closed shutter by Irons’ office and the wooden plants setting in the hallway. Later on a helicopter comes crashing in on the other side of the hallway but that’s it. The art room across from the waiting room is also untouched by everything besides the three paintings in the floor and the statue being messed with. Going to the emergency stairway, again we have an area that’s not really been touch by this besides where the helicopter hit, a pack of ammo, and some boards. The gate leading to the area where the RPD started to dig graves is locked for 1st runs. The door leading back inside that said was locked from the other side is chained shut. By this point the helicopter is burning and if we go back to hallway with it there will be two burning zombies, a cop and a civilian.

Theory 3: The helicopter pilot was radioing out that he was going to the RPD. While nothing in game explains the crash looking at his model we see blood around the neck. I believe the two zombies was people he went to rescue and they turned and attacked him. The only thing going against this is the fact that before the fire, the pilot is the only guy in the helicopter but when the fire starts his body vanishes also so who knows.

Going back to the chained door, there’s a tool box next to it. So this could indicate that the chain was something relatively recent or whomever set up the tools was going to remove the chain and something happened. Either way we get the bolt cutters here and can now get into the east office. Now here’s an interesting part, remember when I kept saying the office was empty? Well now there’s a zombie cop and a dead cop in there. While this can be simple errors on Capcom’s part, we can use this to explain some stuff with the east wing.

First, let us look at what happened to the east wing according to the Record of Events file. Also stated in the west wing analysis, on the 26th that a mob attacked and a few survivors made it behind the emergency shutter. I stated that I thought this was talking about the east wing and I don’t see it being anything else. But the question is, where did the mob come from if none of the windows are broken on the east side? The gates.

If you look at the graves the RPD was digging in 2nd run, we see one finished but with no stick marking it like the rest and there’s one that’s got unburied bodies in it. Seems that they stopped abruptly don’t it? When counting the dead in the area heading to the stairway, we have two dead cops and 3 dead civilians.

Theory 4: I believe a group of people was burying the dead and a mod of zombies came through the front gates either on their own or chasing survivors(there’s a lot of dead by the main gate after all). They see people outside digging and the infected gave chase and the people working outside ran towards the emergency stairway so the zombie’s wont swam the main hall. Two cops and three civilians die making it to the gate and others make it in, let’s say the dead guy from theory 1 was out there and he makes it back with zombies on his ass. He runs past the group of people buy the Watchmen’s room, they all are killed but one manages to blow out his brains first. Theory 1 dude makes it to the press room and that theory happens. All of this commotion going down triggered the shutters to close and as the Records of Events file state, “A few survivors were able to make it safely behind the emergency shutter…” the rest were trapped banging on the shutter as the infected closed in and turned it into a blood bath. This Blood bath may also have helped the zombies attacking the guy from theory 1 to lose interest. However not everyone died. Three cops survived and hide as everyone was being eating. Where did they hide? The East Office. Specifically the private office inside. Here they stayed until the zombies eventually left. Meanwhile the people in the main hall went outside and boarded up the doorways by the main gate knowing that a massive mod is already in that particular area. When they did leave, one cop went searching for supplies gets attacked and killed in a storage room. The other two shut and board the room up. They then stay hidden within the east office, even ignoring or not hearing Leon’s/Claire’s and Elliot’s voices until one turns and kills the other. But what happened to the mob of zombies? I believe they went outside and are the ones we see breaking into most of the windows. Or they eventually walked out of the smaller gate or a mixture of both.

Going back to the 2nd floor of the east wing, Irons’ office and all those areas that only Claire can get to are just as untouched as everything else on the east side 2nd floor. Even going up to the 3rd floor is the same way besides the two zombie cops in the east storage room. But going down to the hallway leading to the interrogation and observation room, two out of 3 windows are boarded up in the hall with a zombie trying to come through the one that’s not. The interrogation room, like I mentioned in the west wing analysis, has the bloody message "let me out" for Claire until a licker breaks though the one way mirror.

There is a vent in the Observation room so it must’ve came in through there and awkwardly killed that cop.

Going down to the roof we see that there is two water pipes are broken but one could’ve been related to the helicopter crash the other could be anything. Going down to that boiler room for Claire it’s boarded up but for Leon the door has been busted open and there’s two civilian zombies in there. There’s also a back door inside that’s blocked by two big metal drums and some chairs.

The only thing left to look at in the east wing is the area Elliot comes from. When we first see this area as Leon there’s two zombie cops and a civilian eating his legs. Don’t know what the Japanese version has them doing. But these zombies could’ve been what tore him in half in our version of the game. The three zombies could’ve been inside the break room(may even have been people who escaped the mob when the shutters close) Elliot goes there finds the notebook, disturbed one, it gives chase, like we see on the camera, and his shooting got the other two after him after  we start to head over to rescue him. Anyway, besides the zombies and the knife sticking into the wall, which I guess is Elliot's, nothing in this hallway or in the break room looks like it was effected by the outbreak.

So to summarize everything, Lickers took out the west wing and Zombies took out the East and windows wasn’t a serious issue in this remake.

--

February 22, 2019 at 2:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Perhaps Elliot managed to survive so long by just using his handgun and knife, he eventually ran out of ammo and lost his knife in the wall (like you pointed out) and then he was cornered and screwed. Probably would have stood a better chance trying to get by the zombie rather than leaving himself vulnerable under those shutters with that OTT death sequence. The Japanese version sounds so much better and creepier without the dumb torn in half nonsense. If he was pulled out with bite marks all over himself made that shit would send chills down my spine. Seeing a guy torn in half (as silly as it sounds) is something thats over the top and over done in zombie movies. There's no shock value to it anymore. Seeing bites and teeth marks in someone..... that's fucked up. Sometimes less is more.

Hm Licker poop? I wondered myself what that mess was but that sounds like a good theory. Zomlicker looks fantastic btw, shame they never used it. Shame they don't give more info on the Lickers in the files....this game is just... a shame. But I digress.

You think the shutters are from the museum? Aren't they too modern for that era? I thought they were quite new to be honest, I am struggling to suggest their purpose though. Could say the samething about the gas in Outbreak's RPD.

Remember those days when we discussed a Raccoon City map being in Remake2, so naive.

I love those sleeping bags being there and random luggage, that is a very nice touch. It tells us a lot just from those few items. The game needed an abundance more of this but that one thing had me thinking for a long time about how the citizens moved into the RPD, they slept there, how long did they sleep there, what happened when to them when the RPD fell, etc.

Nice catch with the filling cabinet in the press room I think theory one fits best for that scenario. I cannot recall the guys injuries in that room but maybe he just resigned to his fate and shot himself in the head knowing he was trapped with no way out. He did have handgun bullets afterall right?

I thought the blood on the pilot's chest might have suggested that he was infected and he coughed it up upon himself and crashed because he was infected. But your theory can explain where those other zombies came from so hard to say on that one.

Is it possible that the mob of zombies came from the graveyard area? Perhaps the burried infected corpses who slowly dug their way out of their graves. Because that area seems to have a ton of zombies not only in the main game but also Fourth Survivor. That is certainly the most active area for zombies entering the grounds.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

February 22, 2019 at 10:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

Yeah I much prefer the Japanese version of Elliot’s death as well. But as for trying to get by them I don’t think he would have anywhere to go but the Break room as the basement is locked due to a power problem. While going to the break room and barricading himself in would’ve saved him, it would’ve been a death sentence for everyone else as the only thing Leon and Claire would be doing is standing around waiting for something to happen.

Yeah almost all of this is guess work as only one file really talks about anything relating to attacks and whatnot. A few files could’ve been added to explain any number of barricades, boarded up doors and so on to give a better picture of what all went down.

I did some research and it’s impossible for the shutters to be from the museum as “roller shutters” as they’re called came to be as we know them in the 70s and wasn’t popularized until the 80s. So it just means the RPD has 6 different shutters, 7 if you want to count the one that leads out of the garage, and they almost all look different from each other. It’ll be a lot consistent if they all looked like the RPD logo one that lead into the east wing.

As for their purpose, the one we pull Elliot from is an emergency fire shutter, even though it looks different from the same kind we see in front of the chief’s office and the basement by the power box. It would make more scents to be just a regular RPD shutter as if the prisoners in the basement escaped and started a riot, the shutter would keep them locked into the basement and one hallway of the RPD. Beyond that, they’re just too sporadically placed to be of any logical use.

Who needs a Raccoon City map when we got the RPD map 5 different times?

I agree that a lot more could’ve been done in explaining where civilians stayed at and what not. Besides that one hallway and the press room we don’t get anything. Some beds in the Library would made a lot of scents as we find dead civilians there.

The press room guy could’ve died a number of ways to be honest. Most of the bodies in the game, even the zombies, have very little damage on them besides blood splatter and maybe a messed up face(which is just a zombie face being reuse). The only time we get a bit more is with the headless cop in the east wing, the two of the dead in front of the STARS office, and a zombie cop in the west wing who’s missing an arm. And even then that’s not much at all when you compare how mangled the bodies are in the original re2 and how much damage we can inflict on the zombies in this game.

It’s possible they could’ve came from the graves but they seem very much in unbothered when we see them in the 2nd run. But that does remind me, someone would want to see how different the RPD is for the 4th survivor? I’m not doing it haha

--

February 23, 2019 at 12:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Evil Resident
Great observations and ideas here. That weird stuff being Licker poop makes sense the more I think about it. It could even be Zombie feces, although they probably just soil themselves and don't notice. Zombies are stronger than humans, and Lickers even more so. A horde of them breaking iron gates isn't impossible to believe.
--
Hiding places are beyond number, and yet only one deliverance. But there are as many chances for deliverance as there are hiding places - Kafka
March 8, 2019 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.