CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > New RE TV series report

AvP Ryu

After the confirmation of James Wan, now no longer being involved (or was always outside) of the reboot, it has been reported that Constantine Studios is back producing the proposed tv series. And bad news, it is in Alice's universe!

I already miss the 'dave' concept drama.

--

Computer geeks ....we’re not so easy to kill.

January 25, 2019 at 5:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheCaretaker

I've been waiting a long time for the Alice story to end. While the movies were entertaining in their own right, they've never once felt like Resident Evil. They went in their own direction and dragged franchise favorites like Chris, Jill, Barry etc through the dirt. Alice was put on a pedestal and outshone all of them. Resident Evil by name alone. I went to the cinema to see the first, disliked it, and have been waiting for the whole thing to be rebooted ever since.

The news that they may be keeping it all alive through a TV series is massively disappointing.

"You forgot the first rule of mass media, Elliot. Give the people what they want!" - James Bond to Elliot Carver, Tomorrow Never Dies

This quote always springs to mind at times like this.

January 27, 2019 at 8:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

Even though I don't mind the Alice movies. This is very disappointing. I'll give it a chance though. Hopefully it'll be good.

--

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong."

January 27, 2019 at 9:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

I mean I'll see what they put out there first but I think constantine being behind this does worry me some. As long as Paul doesn't get in there, I don't think we'll see Alice and the timeline but I don't know. I'll leave it at that.

--

January 31, 2019 at 9:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AvP Ryu

Netflix released on Friday (7) the official synopsis of the Resident Evil series.

As published by the Resident Evil Database, it reads in the synopsis: “The city of Clearfield, in the American state of Maryland, has long lived under the shadow of three apparently disconnected entities: the Umbrella Corporation, the now deactivated Greenwood Asylum and the federal capital, Washington . Now, twenty-six years after the discovery of the T-Virus, the secrets kept by the trio are beginning to surface, with the first signs of the epidemic ".
Well, it's better than Wesker's idea of daughters.

--

February 7, 2020 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

AvP Ryu at February 7, 2020 at 5:47 PM

Netflix released on Friday (7) the official synopsis of the Resident Evil series.

As published by the Resident Evil Database, it reads in the synopsis: “The city of Clearfield, in the American state of Maryland, has long lived under the shadow of three apparently disconnected entities: the Umbrella Corporation, the now deactivated Greenwood Asylum and the federal capital, Washington . Now, twenty-six years after the discovery of the T-Virus, the secrets kept by the trio are beginning to surface, with the first signs of the epidemic ".
Well, it's better than Wesker's idea of daughters.

Great research AvP Ryu, thanks for the report, it is just a shame that the news is so bad! Before this was mysterioulsy taken down, reading the synopsis conjours images of a bad, daytime soap opera, but then as this is from the same production company that spewed out those contemptable Paul W.S. Anderson movies, should that be a surprise?!

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

March 18, 2020 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AvP Ryu

I had access to the Netflix RE script. It's Andrew Dabb's script. Yes, there are Weskers' daughters, as well as many rumors.

The series is partially set in 2022 and follows half-sisters Jade and Billie Wesker, daughters of recurring villain Albert Wesker. In the best tradition of contrasting personalities of teenage siblings on ‘90s TV shows, Jade is charming, outgoing and friendly, while Billie is shy, withdrawn and antisocial, and also suffers from anger management issues. The family relocate to an apparently utopian town tellingly named Raccoon 2, the headquarters of Umbrella. The settlement seems a little too perfect and its populace ostentatiously happy in a way that seems suspect, and the plot sees the sisters uncover a conspiracy involving their father’s work, along with hints that there’s more to their origins than simply having different mothers.

The story also periodically jumps to the post-apocalyptic future of 2036, where an older and battle-hardened Jade searches for information to fight the zombies (“zeroes,” perhaps in reference to the inexorable fate of a person's declining heartbeat as the virus takes them over). Only three million humans worldwide are left alive, largely in isolated new nations of the Umbrella Territory (the western US), Fortress Scandinavia, Amazonia (Central America), Sihai (China and Siberia), the Faith (India) and various Freehold city- states such as Boston, Paris and Cape Town.

I gave the script to the members of Project Umbrella. They didn't like it and won't talk about the script on the Podcast. As a protest and showing his displeasure.

--

April 13, 2020 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

They must be joking...

--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

April 14, 2020 at 6:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seashell

AvP Ryu at April 13, 2020 at 5:06 PM

I had access to the Netflix RE script. It's Andrew Dabb's script. Yes, there are Weskers' daughters, as well as many rumors.

The series is partially set in 2022 and follows half-sisters Jade and Billie Wesker, daughters of recurring villain Albert Wesker. In the best tradition of contrasting personalities of teenage siblings on ‘90s TV shows, Jade is charming, outgoing and friendly, while Billie is shy, withdrawn and antisocial, and also suffers from anger management issues. The family relocate to an apparently utopian town tellingly named Raccoon 2, the headquarters of Umbrella. The settlement seems a little too perfect and its populace ostentatiously happy in a way that seems suspect, and the plot sees the sisters uncover a conspiracy involving their father’s work, along with hints that there’s more to their origins than simply having different mothers.

The story also periodically jumps to the post-apocalyptic future of 2036, where an older and battle-hardened Jade searches for information to fight the zombies (“zeroes,” perhaps in reference to the inexorable fate of a person's declining heartbeat as the virus takes them over). Only three million humans worldwide are left alive, largely in isolated new nations of the Umbrella Territory (the western US), Fortress Scandinavia, Amazonia (Central America), Sihai (China and Siberia), the Faith (India) and various Freehold city- states such as Boston, Paris and Cape Town.

I gave the script to the members of Project Umbrella. They didn't like it and won't talk about the script on the Podcast. As a protest and showing his displeasure.

Personally speaking, the only thing that could make that vision of the show work is if both Jade and Billie are played by Nicholas Cage.

And every episode's problem-du-jour has to be solved by spontaneous dance-off.

--

May 21, 2020 at 3:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.