CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community Site & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > RE3 Remake in Development?

ResiEvilChic96

https://www.resetera.com/threads/after-re2-remake-should-capcom-go-with-code-veronica-or-re-3.82413/#post-15235690

According to Dusk Golem:

"Resident Evil 3 Remake is already in development.

I hope Code Veronica happens as I do feel it's the RE game most in need of a remake, but RE3 is the last mainline RE game that needed a version for easier porting in the future (RE0, RE1, RE2 (after REmake 2 comes out), Code Veronica, RE4, RE5, RE6, RE7, Revelations & Revelations 2 all have versions on MT Framework and RE Engine that be ported to future consoles, only RE3 is missing after REmake 2). Code Veronica I think depends more on how well REmake 2 and REmake 3 does though."

At the moment that is all Dusk is saying and not divulging anymore details or naming his sources.

With the way the remake of 2 has been looking lately, I look forward to a remake of 3. I mean it would make sense to go ahead and remake Nemesis since they did 2. Plus it is one of my favorite titles. I wonder if Jill will get an updated default outfit like Claire did. Maybe Carlos will even get more playability in the remake as well.

--

December 6, 2018 at 9:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

3A7

I expect Remakes of 3, 1, 0 and Outbreak in that order, all with cut content included, put together down the line with 2 in a physical Raccoon Collection and maybe then CV and 4.

December 6, 2018 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

3A7 at December 6, 2018 at 3:05 PM

I expect Remakes of 3, 1, 0 and Outbreak in that order, all with cut content included, put together down the line with 2 in a physical Raccoon Collection and maybe then CV and 4.

Oooh I would love OB to be next after 3! Tho I think I think they'll remake CV after 3.

--

December 7, 2018 at 9:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Evil Resident
I hope they won't touch any numbered titles after CV. I'm open to 3, CV, Gun Survivor 1 + 4, and OB, but after that just focus on new titles.
--
Hiding places are beyond number, and yet only one deliverance. But there are as many chances for deliverance as there are hiding places - Kafka
December 8, 2018 at 4:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Evil Resident at December 8, 2018 at 4:07 PM

I hope they won't touch any numbered titles after CV. I'm open to 3, CV, Gun Survivor 1 + 4, and OB, but after that just focus on new titles.

I don't think they'll touch 4-6. Dusk also said this in the forums: "RE8's in development too, don't need to worry about that. Development on it started right after RE7 stuff. The series isn't going to turn into a straight remake machine." I think they'll do CV and possibly OB after 3 and then that's it for the remakes for a good while.
--

December 9, 2018 at 10:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

If they are doing more remakes, Dead Aim and Survivor would be good ones to do again.

RE3 remake, I'm curious if they'll put in the content they removed from the original concept due to lack of space for all of it, or will it be the same RE3 we know or an entirely different RE3? So many questions that we have to wait and see for, I do wish they wouldn't reveal so much of the remakes cause it ruins the story and/or experience from us who want to go in blindly.

Outbreak Remaster would be amazing, all the content they could include that they couldn't have, the experience and tension of playing it. All the hidden items nad unlockable goodies.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

December 9, 2018 at 7:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Evil Resident
This will presumably be the first appearance of Hunter Beta, DD, and Brain Suckers outside of the original RE3. Cant wait to see them, along with Nemesis, the Gravediggers, and Hunter Gamma on the RE engine.
--
Hiding places are beyond number, and yet only one deliverance. But there are as many chances for deliverance as there are hiding places - Kafka
December 10, 2018 at 3:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

3A7

ResiEvilChic96 at December 7, 2018 at 9:54 AM

3A7 at December 6, 2018 at 3:05 PM

Oooh I would love OB to be next after 3! Tho I think I think they'll remake CV after 3.

Thinking again, i think developing Outbreak after 3 would make more sense, i would like to think that the Ashcroft easter egg in 7 it's a sign that they haven't forgotten about it and that they have future plans.

December 11, 2018 at 11:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Not sure about Dusk Golem because he has been right and wrong before. Still waiting for Rev3 and news on 6.5. As fantastic as Remake 2 does look I am not sure if it will or can do anything for the forward facing story because of the fact that it takes place in 98. We could get some new information on characters etc but it won't change anything or set up a path for the current day story IMO. After RE7 I am still waiting for answers regarding that game and also curious where they are taking the series next. Hopefully it will be a game identical to Remake 2 with the current story, third person and all. That I could really get on board with. I would be a lot more excited about Remake 2 if it wasn't a remake at all and a new story. Even set it in Raccoon if they have to I don't care. Introduce new characters and tell us a story that took place in Raccoon that we don't know about, perhaps Rebecca's events post the Mansion, whatever.

I really would love to see RE3 get the modern day gameplay and graphics treatment and I have been moaning about where is Jill for years now but again it's not current won't change anything and still means we haven't seen Jill since RE5.

Outbreak would be an excellent game to update and unlike RE2 and 3 I think the game needs it, same for Survivor and maybe to some extent Code. However again I ask why remake them and why not just tell a new story. Is it too much trouble for them to set a game in the past without it being a remake? This would allow them to revisit Umbrella, Raccoon, Arklay, The Mansion, Training Facility, Rockfort, Kijuju...whatever, but with a new story that not only is unknown to us because it's not a remake of events we have already experienced but also they have free regin with answering some of the puzzling lore related questions that they can touch upon, fix or elaborate upon.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

December 11, 2018 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

BSAArklay at December 11, 2018 at 5:31 PM

Not sure about Dusk Golem because he has been right and wrong before. Still waiting for Rev3 and news on 6.5. As fantastic as Remake 2 does look I am not sure if it will or can do anything for the forward facing story because of the fact that it takes place in 98. We could get some new information on characters etc but it won't change anything or set up a path for the current day story IMO. After RE7 I am still waiting for answers regarding that game and also curious where they are taking the series next. Hopefully it will be a game identical to Remake 2 with the current story, third person and all. That I could really get on board with. I would be a lot more excited about Remake 2 if it wasn't a remake at all and a new story. Even set it in Raccoon if they have to I don't care. Introduce new characters and tell us a story that took place in Raccoon that we don't know about, perhaps Rebecca's events post the Mansion, whatever.

I really would love to see RE3 get the modern day gameplay and graphics treatment and I have been moaning about where is Jill for years now but again it's not current won't change anything and still means we haven't seen Jill since RE5.

Outbreak would be an excellent game to update and unlike RE2 and 3 I think the game needs it, same for Survivor and maybe to some extent Code. However again I ask why remake them and why not just tell a new story. Is it too much trouble for them to set a game in the past without it being a remake? This would allow them to revisit Umbrella, Raccoon, Arklay, The Mansion, Training Facility, Rockfort, Kijuju...whatever, but with a new story that not only is unknown to us because it's not a remake of events we have already experienced but also they have free regin with answering some of the puzzling lore related questions that they can touch upon, fix or elaborate upon.

Couldn't agree more on Outbreak, it was considered ahead of its time by some. Now would be the time to really give it another shot since videogame technology has massively updated since then for it. I'm simply treating these remakes as a fun thing to go back and play these games with updated graphics and controls. Plus even better when they add in the stuff that was scrapped before such as BOWs and such.
 I am still looking forward where the current canon goes with 8 and beyond (and possibly the Rev series) and even the next future cgi film. I figure if they are remaking 3, we might see more Jill in the future with a possible headline in a cgi film and maybe 8 or Rev 3. It would be good timing to get her back out there and such. I mean I know these projects are couple or more years away too.

3A7: That's a good point about that easter egg in 7 with Alyssa Ashcroft. Clearly they haven't forgotten OB and the characters completely. A lot of fans have been vocal about an OB remake/update. We'll see what happens in the future.

--

December 12, 2018 at 9:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Evil Resident
RE8 is also deep in development right now, according to Capcom themselves. Sources like Dusk claim another side game is also in development, and most likely a fourth cgi movie.
--
December 12, 2018 at 8:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.