CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community Site & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > Alyson Court RE2 Interview

George Trevor
Site Owner

Alyson Court, the one and only voice of Claire Redfield, for more than a decade, across six Resident Evil games, and feature film Resident Evil Degeneration, will be reunited with Leon S. Kennedy actor Paul Haddad, not in the S.T.A.R.S. office this time, but right here, in the Crimson Head Elder mansion!

On the next Crimson Head Elder Podcast, the most recognisable voice from Resident Evil, arguably the most beloved portrayal of any character from the series, Alyson Court will answer YOUR questions, surrounding all matters relating to our favourite survival horror franchise - and of course that includes any questions our residents may have surrounding the new remake of Resident Evil 2.

Post your questions below, and our podcast team will ask them during this Resident Evil 2 reunion special!

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

June 15, 2018 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris_Chocobo

Question for both, Paul and Alyson: I dont know if you are aware about a restoration project of Resident Evil 1.5, the original version of Resident Evil 2. They have contacted you to record the dialogues of that version? would you accept to do it?

June 15, 2018 at 1:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JC Wesker

I know that I'm kind of cheating by using bits & pieces from some of my previous posts....

N e way, any excuse to sing Alyson's praises.... again!! Haha!! &, if I am lucky enough to hear them being read, (&, if by some miracle, Alyson somehow remembers any such accolades), I just have to say that my words are as honest & true today, as they were when I first wrote them....

Your portrayal of Claire has always been a true ‘Hallmark’ of the Series, in that it is the purity, depth, strength & humour of Claire’s character, which is not only why I believe Claire is such a beloved character, but also, why people all over the world truly resonate so much with ‘your’ voice & ‘your‘ performance as Claire.... It’s why taking a journey through 2, is as enjoyable in 2018, as it was 20 years ago....

1] Prior to taking the role of Claire Redfield, did Capcom ever approach you with respect to the role of Elza Walker, who was due to be the lead protagonist of 2, in what is now commonly referred to as BH/RE1.5?

2] Were you given any Concept Artwork of Claire with which to draw inspiration from, during your initial performance of Claire in RE2, &, if not, how did you personally envision Claire in your own mind, with only the dialogue/script to work with?

3] On the subject of Concept Artwork, (& this is only appropriate if Alyson is familiar with Claire's Character Models), do you prefer Claire's 'Made in Heaven' look from 2, or, her 'Let Me Live' look from CV, and why?

4] Knowing that Claire is still a part of Terra-Save, as of the present timeline, what would you like to see in Claire's future storylines, and, the 2 ReMake aside, (which I know we've all had to grudgingly make peace with, what with you not being a part of it), would you like to ever reprise your role again?

5] Chris Redfield is a guy who literally goes to the ends of the Earth to find his sister, & he has also done so for Jill Valentine; (if it's not too personal a question), is there anyone in your own life who you would do the same for?

P.S. I believe that 3], 4] & 5] haven't been asked b4, but I appreciate that they focus on RE beyond RE2.... I'd love you guys to ask 3] & 4] in particular, but I appreciate how you may want to focus the interview on RE2, specifically.. Here's hoping, but I'll leave it up to your discretion.. ;-)

Thanks again, guys!! & I thought I'd at least post this, as I know there's only a small window available b4 the Interview takes place..

--

"Sure I'm not human anymore, but just look at the power I've gained!!"

June 15, 2018 at 6:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Alyson, so happy you are here to do this interview, you truly done some brillant work voicing Claire,your passion towards the character is amazing too, and the way you interact with fans is so awesome. 
1. Any thoughts on how Claire was portrayed/written in REV2?
2. We've seen Claire interact with Leon, Barry Burton, and of course her brother Chris. Are there any other characters  in the series you would like to see Claire interact with? I know Jill Valentine has been a popular request from the fans. Onscreen-wise of course, in the games or cgi films.

--

June 16, 2018 at 1:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

WiskUK

What were your first thougts when you saw the new model of Claire in REmake2 and she more than had a passing resemblance of you!

--

Take the Green Herb?

June 16, 2018 at 9:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BBurton88

You have been outspoken on twitter and youtube about Capcom not continuing with you to voice Claire, and while you have the support of the fans, will you be continuing to call out Capcom as more details about the remake of re2 are revealed?

--

I prefer the buddy system we have here... a second late and you would have been a Jill Sandwhich

June 16, 2018 at 10:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

Hi guys,

1. Do you have any upcoming new roles related to video games?

2. Has Capcom contacted you for any new upcoming roles related to Resident Evil?

3. What do you think about the upcoming RE2 remake?

--

June 16, 2018 at 4:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

Need to get Lisa Jai and Sally Cahill as secret call-in's and we'd have a reunion lol!

1. Just because I would like to see her response. I'm going to copy Morpheus Duvall's question about the new model of Claire looking like her. Not sure if it was legit but there was a image going around of Alyson even pointing it out on her twitter. So did they use her likeness or is this just a coincidence?

2. From what has been shown so far. Do you feel that REmake 2 is on the right track?

3. What kind of silly shenanigans goes on in the recording booth?

4A. What is your opinion on "modernising" the outfits REmake 2? The most notable being Claire (who now looks like Zoey from L4D).

4B. I have seen some speculation for the reason Claire has a new outfit. Some say it's because Capcom feels that her original outfit is too unrealistic, they are trying to use more of the concept art or it can be seen as too "revealing", etc. Do you think these are vaild reasons to change such an iconic look? (I understand she doesn't work for Capcom and that Capcom can do whatever they want but I just wonder what her response is) 

5. Were you "Made in Heaven" (Sorry, I'm running out of ideas for questions!)

--

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong."

June 17, 2018 at 1:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Barry Burton
I dunno if it's too late to post in this, but if I can ask a question, it'll have to be: What was your initial reaction to being asked to take part as a main character in Resident Evil 2? And how did you find out about the role? (Guess that's 2 questions, but still!)
--

BARRY / 13 / M. HALL

June 18, 2018 at 1:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Biohazard Valkryie

To Alyson and Paul.

How would you like to see the character's development throughout the series? I personally have my own theories about the character but how would you like to see them grow.

Also Ayson Claire/Wesker for life,Alex Wesker who?

--

"Obedience breeds discipline, discipline breeds unity, unity breeds power, power is life."

From the ashes of the phoenix, Umbrella shall rise again.

June 18, 2018 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Weskers Report
Hi Alyson, I remember that in an interview with our very own George Trevor here on Crimson Elder you mentioned Capcom had reached out to you. How far along in the hiring process did you get for being in REmake 2? Was it as simple as we¬?re going non union and that¬?s it? Or was there more to it?
June 18, 2018 at 9:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Biohazard Valkryie

Biohazard Valkryie at June 18, 2018 at 8:55 PM

To Alyson and Paul.

How would you like to see the character's development throughout the series? I personally have my own theories about the character but how would you like to see them grow.

Also Ayson Claire/Wesker for life,Alex Wesker who?

Let me just add are the voice actors happy with how Claire and Leon turned out personally. We see Claire as Mother Teresa in a way, Leon as the super cool gettig all the hoes superagent. Iam not against a mutant Leon who was supposed to turn or an infected Claire working with Wesker protecting sherry. But how would you like to see the person they would become?

Hope that cleared up a bit.

--

"Obedience breeds discipline, discipline breeds unity, unity breeds power, power is life."

From the ashes of the phoenix, Umbrella shall rise again.

June 18, 2018 at 10:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

troper2004

hello alyson im cesar barcena rojas from mexico city my questions are

The first time you gave your voice to Claire Redfield, did you think that over time she would become a very famous and beloved character in the saga of Resident Evil? and why do you think Claire is so beloved by the fans?

June 19, 2018 at 3:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hank Foreman

This question goes to both Alyson & Paul: Any chance of a playthrough via YouTube or Twitch (Live stream or not) of RE2? And yes, I"m reffering to both the original game and the upcoming remake. I'd pay to see it!

June 19, 2018 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

osmar

hi alyson hope you be ok

I have been very busy with school and homework, but I always read your twitters. My question is: have you thought of cosplay any cartoon or anime movie?

by the way, wearing pink is perfect for you

(Alyson will understand!)

June 20, 2018 at 1:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Letmelive
Alyson, I know it can just feel like any old day at the office. But you're voice, c'an be an anxiety reliever to many. Me included. Hearing you talk about your experience with RE and your love of the fans, I'm pleased and I'm curious, what's the thing you go to when you need to calm your anxiety, or just go to because you're a fan? Also, would it be ok to make and proudly wear a shirt that says Alyson Court is MY Claire Redfield. I'm sorry you, Lisa Jai and Sally Cahill aren't in the remake. It won't be the same without you all.
--
Jp in the game
June 21, 2018 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inezh_Lover

Alyson,do you know the name of the voice actor of HUNK in Bio Hazard 2 ?

Thanks.

--

https://raccoonstars.blogspot.fr/

June 22, 2018 at 10:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.