TO BECOME A MEMBER EMAIL [email protected]

CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community Site & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > The music makes you think of?

USS Command
Administrator

There's no shortage of music in this series. But what do some of the tracks make you think about? So to give a few personal examples, my late Grandma always thought the Main Hall theme in RE2 sounded like a phone ringing echoing off from within the dead quiet police station.

For me, I always thought the RPD First Floor theme sounded like a door breaking down or a shotgun blast around the 1 minute mark. So anyone have similar things to talk about?

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM

“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

March 27, 2018 at 5:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inezh_Lover

The notes at 01 : 13 from the main hall bgm always reminded me the style of Mark Snow in X Files.

--

https://raccoonstars.blogspot.fr/

March 27, 2018 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

That 1:00 mark on the police station one used to make me jump b/c when I played Nemesis I thought Nemmy was busting in. Like you're going around the station quietly, checking the surroundings and you get that loud banging for the first time and you're like "oh shit".

The bell sounds from the front hall one from your first link reminds me of this church bell that rings out at the top of every hour where I'm from.

Music just has that way of triggering any kind of memories or emotions we have.

March 28, 2018 at 8:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Love this thread, the tracks that lay behind the pre-rendered landscapes of the Spencer Mansion, Management Training Facility, and RPD, inject so much atmosphere, tension, memories & history into the scenes.

This is the recipe that drew my consciousness deep into the mansion and into complete addiction for Resident Evil REmake, as I entered the sanctuary of the first (ground) floor Save/Safe Room for the first time and heard the hauntingly melancholy sound of a Safe Haven...

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

June 5, 2018 at 4:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Survivalist

The music from Resident Evil makes me think of... Resident Evil. It's so evocative and inextricably bound to the games, I honestly don't see how it could do anything else. The only similarly-styled music I can think of from another comuter game would be perhaps Dino Crisis 1, although its pieces are generally more incidental/narrative than thematic (Resident Evil music tends to be the latter).

June 18, 2018 at 3:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.