CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Biohazard Umbrella Corps Textures Discussion

3A7

Following BSAArklay's footsteps, ive decided to post these textures for further discussion of this specific game and their assets.

Umbrella Lab:

Enviroment

Documents

Spanish Village:

Logo, items, etc.

Quarantine blockade.

TRICELL HQ;

Tricell car (With a Raccoon City plate).

Departments ID's.

Raccoon CIty:

Kijuju:

Others:

Trunk.

Injector.

Vaccine.

March 27, 2018 at 1:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

Look at that!  ORC assets in a canon Game!

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

March 27, 2018 at 1:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Great stuff 3A7. It's funny how after you have seen a few of these games textures you begin to see a lot of reused materials. Especially between 5,6 and the Revelations games and now Umb Corps. Interesting note there the Tricell van with RC plate.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

March 27, 2018 at 1:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Evil Resident
Good Job. I think at some of these were simply reused assets, with no real significance behind them. Mainly the Raccoon plate and PG67AW. Umbrella Corps was a budget title, after all.
--
Hiding places are beyond number, and yet only one deliverance. But there are as many chances for deliverance as there are hiding places - Kafka
March 27, 2018 at 1:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

3A7

@BSAArklay: Indeed, the injector is a low quality version of Albert's PG67A/W from Biohazard 5. No idea what the plate could mean, perhaps the experiment took place where the City once was?

March 27, 2018 at 1:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

Evil Resident at March 27, 2018 at 1:32 PM

Good Job. I think at some of these were simply reused assets, with no real significance behind them. Mainly the Raccoon plate and PG67AW. Umbrella Corps was a budget title, after all.

Ill agree with those two facts. As the Raccoon Plate is from ORC. But now I can say ORC Exclusive locations appear in something canon besides 3 Japanese mobile games.
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

March 27, 2018 at 1:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Evil Resident at March 27, 2018 at 1:32 PM

It is difficult to find the line between reused textures with no purpose and reused textures with a meaning. If they were all canon then Raccoon City is Tall Oaks and Terra Save HQ is based in Hong Kong.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

March 27, 2018 at 1:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Evil Resident
Well, it depends soley on context. If the texture is for a returning enemy, character, or brand of item, then they of course don't contradict anything. But why would PG67AW be present? Or certain cities identity themselves as other ones? A truly difficult example would be Tricell equipment in Alex's lab.
--
Hiding places are beyond number, and yet only one deliverance. But there are as many chances for deliverance as there are hiding places - Kafka
March 27, 2018 at 2:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Why is that difficult? Other than that one texture hidden away in the corner behind a monitor I don't see it's significance. Doesn't seem anymore of a reused texture to me than using Hong Kong as the skyline for TerraSave HQ.

Edit: Also there is Tricell logos and textures in RE6 too. And I don't think they are reused either. Infact the same textures that appear in Revelations 2 regarding Tricell also appear in Resident Evil 6. So if anything the Tricell textures in RE6 are canon and the ones in Rev2 are reused textures from RE6 which possibly took them from RE5.

Rev2 is packed with RE6 textures due to the Raid Mode maps. I think it's pretty clear that they used the electrical box just because of the amount of machinery in the room. One of the staff just forgot to remove the Tricell texture because you can find the monitors from RE5 with Tricell logos on it in Rev2 but without the Tricell logo.

It's a nice theory but unless we are now suggesting that Alex and Carla stole equipment from Tricell it doesn't really hold up.

--

March 27, 2018 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

3A7

>>A truly difficult example would be Tricell equipment in Alex's lab.

I don't follow you on this one, could you elaborate more?

--

March 27, 2018 at 2:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Evil Resident
I just meant comparatively difficult. Even then, it's probably too strong a term for what I meant. Alex had someone steal Uroboros, so finding "Tricell" on her belongings isn't far fetched, as compared to PG67AW lying around randomly. I'm not saying I subscribe to that having deeper significance any more than the Village being displayed on screens in Umbrella Chronicles meaning anything. I should have been clearer, sorry.
--
March 27, 2018 at 8:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Cool stuff here,3A7, the Raccoon City textures would be my favorite at the moment. Looking at those prices on the gas station sign is kind of depressing b/c don't I wish the price of gas would go down that much here!:roll:

Seeing the Arukas' and Gun Shop Kendo signs always brings back memories. 

--

March 28, 2018 at 8:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Weskers Report
@Evil Resident the Tricell texture you see on the monitor in Revelations 2 is just a reused texture. ThereÂ’s no meaning behind it. Great work 3A7
March 30, 2018 at 8:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Evil Resident
I know. I said so in my last post.
--
March 30, 2018 at 9:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Sorry EvilResident. I hope I did not come across brash or anything in my last post. There was nothing for you to apologise about. I was just going through the textures literally as we spoke and writing down all the facts was not aimed solely at you I was more presenting what I was seeing.
--

March 30, 2018 at 10:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Absolutely love the tiled RPD logo. Thanks so much for uploading these 3A7

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

June 5, 2018 at 4:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

News Bot

The case is also from BIO6, it's just Carla's case that contained the 3 enhanced C-Virus injectors but with an added Umbrella logo.

June 15, 2018 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vossk

Loved all those little details on the newspapers! those old concept arts of zombies from different games in the photo are so nostalgic

August 5, 2018 at 10:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hunter Alpha

3A7 at March 27, 2018 at 1:33 PM

@BSAArklay: Indeed, the injector is a low quality version of Albert's PG67A/W from Biohazard 5. No idea what the plate could mean, perhaps the experiment took place where the City once was?

The Raccoon City streets (outside the RPD building), RPD Main Hall and Spencer Mansion maps are supposedly recreations of the original bioahazard zones meant for training/testing purposes. IIRC, you could actually see a deserted area outside through the boarded windows of the Spencer Mansion map.

The Tricell map on the other hand is suppsoedly the actual location: Tricell's HQ. It was quarantined after being destroyed in a bioterror attack launched by a rival company, which supposedly employed the t-virus and the Cerberus that roam the biohazard zone.

Perhaps the idea behing the plate was that this rival company used the in question truck to bring the Cerberus and/or the t-virus, thus the plate could be seen as an irony?

August 13, 2018 at 10:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

3A7

Sorry for the late reply @Hunter Alpha. I cheked recently and oddly enough the main entrance to the TRICELL HQ is in perfect state, no sign of forced entry, also the vans are all well parked again't the wall and with little room for any type of B.O.W. to escape without damaging the vehicle, which leads me to believe, what if this was an aerial operation or some sort of solo infiltration mission? I can imagine some sort of security dogs turned cerberus by someone and they then infecting the rest of the staff in the complex.

--

October 16, 2018 at 3:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.