TO BECOME A MEMBER EMAIL [email protected]

CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community Site & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > In defense of the C-Virus

EvilResident
I am shamelessly stealing The Batman's idea with Las Plagas. RE6 was a mixed bag, but it's most redeeming quality to me were the monsters. A popular opinion is that the C-Virus has no rhyme or reason to it, when in reality it is very well thought out and ties into many past attributes from the three viruses used in it's creation. Carla was tasked with creating a virus that would give The Family an edge in biowarfare. She started by isolating the DNA mutation attribute of the t-Virus, which had been strengthened (or weakened, depending on how you look at it) from Progenitor. This way she was able to take the greatest asset of the virus which makes all the crazy science of RE possible, while removing it from the unnessesary, disadvantagous effects of T (Necrosis and such). She used this attribute to stabilize t-Veronica. Like with t+G, elements of both viruses were used to create a single strain that only inherited the best qualities of both, while removing the unique pitfalls of each. This strain was t-02, and it is my firm belief that this virus first created J'avo. J'avo are human hosts that are intelligent super soldiers that are both obedient and retain their human forms (mostly). These attributes were the prime goal of the t-Virus, and while they are weaker than Tyrants, they are smarter and vastly easier to produce. t-Veronica granted them superior mutagenic potential, as that virus was capable of rapid and incredibly dramatic mutations superior to T. This caused replacement cells during regeneration to take the form of insect parts, and J'avo had insect eyes. They also developed a weakness - while their extreme regenerative potential greatly increased their survivability and reduced their weakness to head damage, t-Veronica caused their body temperature to increase as viral activity continued, until their blood combusts. Unlike Alexia or Manuela, this happens while the blood is still inside the body, incinerating them. After t-02 was finished and Carla's research into creating the desired super soldier virus was completed, it was combined with the weakened remnants of G in Sherry, giving it further abilities upon virus activation in the host (V-ACT). G is one of the only viruses to tap into the true potential of Progenitor to completely remake hosts into entirely new organisms. This lead to the Crysalis stage of infection, which caused the incineration of J'avo to usher in the development of a pupa (again due to t-Veronica's insect properties). The host's insides would then liquify and reform into an entirely new organism entirely distinct from the original host. This is the true power of Progenitor - the creation of new life. The resulting organisms, like G, were completely random, but by introducing animal genes into the C-Virus strain used, mutations could be steered in certain directions, like with the Iluzija and Brzak. This also allowed the creation of perfect human replicas. The C-Virus not only creates intelligent super soldiers (t-Virus) with extreme mutagenic potential (t-Veronica), it also can completely remake life (G-Virus). It has the potential to create anything the user with the right know-how could desire, making it the pinnacle of traditional BOW development.
--
Hiding places are beyond number, and yet only one deliverance. But there are as many chances for deliverance as there are hiding places - Kafka
March 13, 2018 at 2:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Excellent write up here EvilResident, great explanation of the C Virus. The viruses is not my strong suit probably the one thing out of the entire series I pay least attention to. But I do have a problem with C only because Alexia could never stabalize Veronica however Carla manages to do what this supposed genius couln't in a year? or a couple? There doesn't seem to be any explanation offered up as to how she pulled this off either. Just yeah she did it. Any thoughts on this?

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

But it's non-canon, you can't be caught reading that!

March 14, 2018 at 10:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

EvilResident

BSAArklay at March 14, 2018 at 10:20 AM

Excellent write up here EvilResident, great explanation of the C Virus. The viruses is not my strong suit probably the one thing out of the entire series I pay least attention to. But I do have a problem with C only because Alexia could never stabalize Veronica however Carla manages to do what this supposed genius couln't in a year? or a couple? There doesn't seem to be any explanation offered up as to how she pulled this off either. Just yeah she did it. Any thoughts on this?

Thank you! The viruses and the things they create is actually what I pay the MOST attention to. I just love monsters. t-Veronica had been significantly weakened after stabilizing in Alexia for 15 years. It then passed from Steve to Manuela, who could conjure flames after a very short amount of time and temporarily resist the virus with mental strength alone. Like G with Sherry, it had become far less lethal even before Carla got a hold of it, due to recombination and natural mutation. After that, elements of T were used to weaken it even further. We have a precedent for this - t+G had genes from the t-Virus swapped out with those from G, with the resulting virus taking the best parts of each. Deadlier parts of T were kept in check with weaker parts of G and vice versa, leading to a virus which could create Tyrants without body strengthening surgeries. Also important to note, t-Veronica was already perfect for Alexia's purposes. Since you could only adapt after a 15 year incubation period, she would be the only Veronica Human once she spread it across the world, with everyone else becoming mindless servants serving their queen. Alexia didn't design it for the purpose of creating intelligent super soldiers like Umbrella wanted, so Carla had entirely different goals.
--
Hiding places are beyond number, and yet only one deliverance. But there are as many chances for deliverance as there are hiding places - Kafka
March 14, 2018 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Weskers Report

Manuela didn't simply resist the virus with mental strength alone.

her bodily organs were countinously being replaced with transplants.

March 14, 2018 at 5:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

EvilResident

Weskers Report at March 14, 2018 at 5:33 PM

Manuela didn't simply resist the virus with mental strength alone.

her bodily organs were countinously being replaced with transplants.

Yes, but she had gone a long period of time without treatments, and Leon noted she was able to resist the virus herself for the duration of Darkside Chronicles. Like Steve when he saved Claire from the Alexia Pod tentacle - she resisted the brain erosion for a little while, until the US government could continue her treatments.
--
March 14, 2018 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Oh excellent explanation EvilResident that makes so much more sense now. That always bothered me thanks for clearing it up.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

But it's non-canon, you can't be caught reading that!

March 15, 2018 at 4:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

EvilResident
I forgot to mention a few things: During Project Ada, Simmons had thousands turned into CMS (Complete Mutation Species, the final stage C-Mutants) while incorporating the DNA of Ada. Two random mutations resulting from this research showed promise as BOWs: The Gnezdo and the Lepotitsa, both of which inhereted feminine qualities. The Lepotitsa strain was later field tested at Marhawa School with C-16 (Nanan), and as a result a refined Lepotitsa BOW was created. This monster created a brand new variant of C which inhereted the zombie mutation from T and G, creating C-Zombies. Due to C solving issues of brain cell rejection, C-Zombies were far more intelligent and coordinated than their t-Virus counterparts, able to use tools (including guns), have bursts of speed, and leap high distances to pounce on prey. They even practiced some self preservation, attempting to avoid gunfire. Regular Zombies don't mutate due to dead cells being incapable of reproduction until V-ACT causes cellular repairs (Crimson Heads and Lickers breathe). C, like G and some newer strains of T, can reanimate the dead and repair damaged tissue. That, combined with the enhanced mutagenic potential of C, leads to diverse zombie mutations, like the Shrieker or Whopper. Bloodshots are essentially C-Lickers. As for the mutant Ustanak, he is to Javo what Tyrants are to Zombies - the ideal Javo, without the unstable mutations and high body temperature. Enhanced C was refined using Jake's antibodies, allowing hosts to become CMS while skipping the chrysalis stage. They also continued to mutate indefinately, like G but more dramatic (although I'm not too fond of Enhanced C). There is no single strain of C, but many related viruses fall under that title, exactly like the t-Virus. There are other specifics, like various CMS details, but I think I've made my point that C isn't the inconsistent mess some people think it is.
--
March 15, 2018 at 4:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.