CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > JC's Chinese Corner!!

JC Wesker

No, it isn't a brand new Chinese Restuarant, but I thought it might be worth starting a New Topic relating to any Chinese Media that people might want translating.. I know there have been Topics relating to the Chinese ManHua Comics, & I've been talking to 3A7 about the ID Medal from RE6..

Now I should say that I don't know Chinese myself, & I mentioned on another Topic that my wife is from Shanghai, though she would hardly take too kindly to me bombarding her with too many of my geeky requests, but I thought as any material of potential interest is unlikely to be too far-reaching, that there could be a home for it all in 1 place..

P.S. The difference between 'Traditional Chinese' & 'Simplified Chinese' is often quite significant, and those from Main-Land China, (like my wife, who is from Shanghai), learn 'SC' as standard, while anyone from Taiwan or Hong Kong learn 'TC' as standard, though of course there is cross-over, but that does mean that some material may need different eyes with which to investigate it.

N e way, let's see if there's something to this idea. :-)

--

"Sure I'm not human anymore, but just look at the power I've gained!!"

January 16, 2018 at 1:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

Well, if you and your wife wants to be a big help to me personally, y'all can go and look around RE6 and post the names of businesses and restaurants in my curiosities thread. I’m sure there’s plenty that could be discovered.

Also, I’ll PM you with some stuff to take a look at.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

January 16, 2018 at 7:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JC Wesker

Hey all.

In case anyone wanted to delve into the bizarre world of ManHua Comics, I have provided the following OneDrive Link:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlGCV0oc3LcygV5_Ni3Zp3H_tI0q

I have been meaning to do this for a while, as I compiled these from various Online Sources a while ago.... Full disclosure, I don't own these, but I was able to track down the Scans of what I believe to be the vast majority of pages from a couple of different Web-Sites, which I've unfortunately forgotten, but, rest assured, this was everything that was there.

Includes:

[Manhua] 01 - BioHazard 2

[Manhua] 02 - BioHazard 3 ~ Last Escape

[Manhua] 03 - BioHazard 3 ~ Supplemental Edition

[Manhua] 04 - BioHazard CV

[Manhua] 05 - BioHazard 0

[Manhua] 06 - BioHazard X

We're treading deep into Non-Canon Corner, here, but just in case anyone wanted what I believe is a 'Complete' Collection' of some of the most insane RE 'What-If's, then do check them out.. Even if you don't know Chinese, there is some seriously barmy imagery in there.. Not exactly my favourite aesthetic when it comes to Comic/Manga Artwork, but some of the ideas truly are.... to be seen to be believed.. Haha!!

I didn't exaclty see the point in worrying about 'Translations' with regards to most of this, other than possibly the Code:Veronica ManHua, (which may be being dealt with by another Member), as it is the only Title which sort of links/adheres to the game itself in its entirety....

2 starts off ok, & then devolves into something very, VERY different....

3 is also ok, w/ the Supplemental Edition going off on an interesting tangent....

CV, as I said, essentially follows the game, & even 'fills in the gaps' with regards to what happens to Steve (b4 Steve becomes a Monster)....

0 .... Prepare to be smacked in the face with a Confusion Mallet....

X .... Didn't even bother trying to make sense of this one, & I believe it's supposed to be more of a tie-in w/ another Non-RE game....

N e way, I hope someone in the Mansion gets something out of this, & if so, maybe we could then focus on some bits & pieces, as there is quite a bit to look through..

:)

--

January 17, 2018 at 5:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

THANKS so much for posting these! While Ive only been able to do minor research on them, but from my understanding is the crazier stuff is due to Simulations of some kind (with regards to the latter half of BIO2 and BIOX) and Bio0 was the result of Capcom not going then info on Zero when the comic was made, hence the “Biohazard 0 Trail” on some of the covers. But I never really devolved deep enough to double check anything I found out.

I've always been interested with the stroy for the Boss CEO and other such characters from Umbrella like Dr. Mark, seen in the comics. I have a friend who'd also kill to know more about them. So anything anyone can add would be wonderful!

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

January 17, 2018 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Amazing! Thank you so much man, not only did you complete my collection but also you had the JPEG versions and not PDF which is so much better to me. Thank you!

Personally I feel like the Bio3 comic is the best and if I had to pick one it would be that. Amazing work you are doing here man, nice one.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

January 17, 2018 at 10:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JC Wesker

Thanks guys!!

Just trying to give a little something back, you know.... You might notice that some of the pages have a [-X], for example, at the very end of the File Name; I remember when I did this it was because I'd painstakingly looked through each & every 'Page Number', as you could assume that when looking at other people's Scans that there could well be some 'Missing Pages'....

Needless to say, the individual(s) who made these ManHua's available did an absolutely amazing job, & I doubt anyone who doesn't own these from way back when, would ever be able to track down a 'Physcial Copy' of "everything" here.

Nevertheless, I inserted a [-X], for example, where there "was" an apparent 'Missing Page'.... I would bet good money that it was just an 'Advertisement Page', or something that could just be ignored, but as I couldn't read the Chinese, I couldn't be sure of the Continuity....

It was also a shame that some of the Front/Back Page Covers were missing in a couple of Issues, but I know that that's just my obsessive need 4 'Compendium Completion', there. Haha!!

Needless to say, it's unlikely to affect the enjoyment that these whacky ManHua's provide, but I wanted to be as thorough as possible....

--

January 18, 2018 at 7:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JC Wesker

Hey all!!

I'm sure these aren't quite as in demand, if only because they're so much easier to find Online, but I hope nobody minds if I also upload all of the WildStorm Comics to my OneDrive, while the Topic is still fresh.. :)

Once again, I pillaged these from Online Resources, (so, they've probably been seen by some of you b4), though I would love to actually own these outright eventually....

N e way, having done a little tweaking, the ManHua Compendium Link is here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlGCV0oc3LcygV_2CMXkB5clewAz

& the WildStorm Compendium Link is here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlGCV0oc3LcygWFzeO7WLt4zuoW9

Includes:

[Wildstorm] 01 - Resident Evil ~ The Official Comic Book Magazine

[Wildstorm] 02 - Resident Evil ~ Fire & Ice

[Wildstorm] 03 - Resident Evil ~ CV

[Wildstorm] 04 - Resident Evil ~ Volume II

I also added some Cover Art-Work Files that I found a while ago, just in case that floats some people's boats....

I do have a couple of other "Content Dumps" planned this coming week, which are Non-Manga/Comic Related, I might add, so I'll announce that in a New Thread; maybe I'm just nostalgic as it's coming up to the 20th Anniversary of BH2/RE2, but do stay tuned, & as always, I hope it all gets a Thumbs Up from those that read this....

--

January 19, 2018 at 12:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Thanks again man, I just bought the Official Resident Evil comic because USS Command decided to cost me more money and told me that the individual comics have stories that aren't included in the Compendium/annuals. He is a pain like that. Also picked up Fire & Ice and issue one of the Japanese Code Veronica. I will post scans of that here so people can see.

Keep the content drops coming man really looking forward to what you have next. Hopefully some long lost gems...

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

January 19, 2018 at 5:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Thank you for sharing these with everyone and allowing us to download them as well. Keep them coming when you can, these are rocking!

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

January 19, 2018 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

Im actually happy you posted these, my digital copies are low res due to being salvaged from a long dead PC. and ignore BSAArklay, he's just mad I pointed out a missing piece to his collection haha

--

January 19, 2018 at 8:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

I am a completionist and once you tell me I am missing something it drives me up the wall.

And you LOVE doing that!

--

January 19, 2018 at 10:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JC Wesker

I am a 'Total Completionist', also, which is why, as weird as it might sound, I often hold off on some things unless I know I'll be able to get all of it; even with all of this stuff above, I needed to know I could get all of it, b4 I started to put it on to my computer.... it essentially forces me to do a deep dive on what I really want to find, as some things are incredibly elusive....

So yes, to be told you're missing something is the Tight-Rope we must walk as Collectors, I guess.. Haha!!

I'm just about to open a 'New Thread' of 'Community Gifts', & I hope u guys don't mind if I include the above once more....

.... just 4 the sake of 'Completion'.... ;)

--

January 20, 2018 at 12:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mr_JayIsHere

JC Wesker at January 16, 2018 at 1:30 PM

No, it isn't a brand new Chinese Restuarant, but I thought it might be worth starting a New Topic relating to any Chinese Media that people might want translating.. I know there have been Topics relating to the Chinese ManHua Comics, & I've been talking to 3A7 about the ID Medal from RE6..

Now I should say that I don't know Chinese myself, & I mentioned on another Topic that my wife is from Shanghai, though she would hardly take too kindly to me bombarding her with too many of my geeky requests, but I thought as any material of potential interest is unlikely to be too far-reaching, that there could be a home for it all in 1 place..

P.S. The difference between 'Traditional Chinese' & 'Simplified Chinese' is often quite significant, and those from Main-Land China, (like my wife, who is from Shanghai), learn 'SC' as standard, while anyone from Taiwan or Hong Kong learn 'TC' as standard, though of course there is cross-over, but that does mean that some material may need different eyes with which to investigate it.

N e way, let's see if there's something to this idea. :-)

Hey, I've been trying to find these comics forever. I just recently found this post and tried the link, but it wouldn't work. The message I got was that it had expired, and or been deleted. So I was hoping that you could repost the link, please. Jay
March 30, 2019 at 1:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

There is a new link for the Manhua section is in the Wildstorm post. :)

--

April 11, 2019 at 5:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

There is a new link for the Manhua section is in the Wildstorm post. :)

--

April 11, 2019 at 5:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.