CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Revelations 2 ending...*Spoilers*

Xarls

I recently replayed R.E Revelations 2 and I'm still bothered by the "good ending", so I wouls like to know your thoughts on such ending:

-  Do you think the end hints that Natalia has been completely taken over by Alex' personality?

- Or on the other side you think that Natalia is still struggling for control with Alex?

I'm curious about you interpretations on the ending.

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

November 28, 2017 at 4:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sonny Bauer
I think Resident Evil needs to find a recurring villain like Wesker, instead of introducing new ones and killing them off in the same game basically ever since Wesker died in RE5. There is the notion that Alex is living on through Natalia, but it only through her consciousness. So unless, Alex can be cloned to return to physical form, that is sort of what we have right now, which to me is new and intriguing, but also underwhelming considering the pattern of villains lately.
November 28, 2017 at 5:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Sonny Bauer at November 28, 2017 at 5:53 PM

I think Resident Evil needs to find a recurring villain like Wesker, instead of introducing new ones and killing them off in the same game basically ever since Wesker died in RE5. There is the notion that Alex is living on through Natalia, but it only through her consciousness. So unless, Alex can be cloned to return to physical form, that is sort of what we have right now, which to me is new and intriguing, but also underwhelming considering the pattern of villains lately.

I couldn't agree more. I really want a more formidable villain. Hoping we get something like that with BU in the main games but I don't know what will entail for the Revelations series.

December 5, 2017 at 10:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Evil Resident
I wouldn't worry in the slightest about having a main antagonist now that Umbrella itself is literally back with ties to Wesker. As for Natalia/Alex, the ending was meant to convey Alex was back. Whether Natalia is still there or not is open to interpretation until a future game adresses it. I highly doubt she will enter the numbered titles, though. The most we can realisticaly hope for is that she becomes a returning antagonist in the Rev games, but I get the feeling her story may end next time she appears.
--
Hiding places are beyond number, and yet only one deliverance. But there are as many chances for deliverance as there are hiding places - Kafka
January 18, 2018 at 11:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

N7Valentine

I suspect Natalex will be possibly an antagonist for the Rev sub series or if they could, they could tie her into the mainline games as well. It's up to Capcom what they gonna do with her

--

"You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S!" - Jill Valentine

January 23, 2018 at 12:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

News Bot

I think Alex will be continued in REV3 but it will be similar to how the FBC and Terragrigia were used in REV2.

January 26, 2018 at 5:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Evil Resident

News Bot at January 26, 2018 at 5:23 PM

I think Alex will be continued in REV3 but it will be similar to how the FBC and Terragrigia were used in REV2.

Could you please elaborate?
--
Hiding places are beyond number, and yet only one deliverance. But there are as many chances for deliverance as there are hiding places - Kafka
January 26, 2018 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

A lot of people honestly thought the 'Bad Ending' was the true ending because of Alex taking over Natalia, because, like it has been stated, it would give us a lasting villain instead of giving us another one that joined the boat of 'one shot villains'. 

For the good ending, it could swing both ways, Natalia could be influenced by Alex or Alex is starting to take over the girl with each passing day. Her reading various texts about viruses and such could further give her control over the girl till she is in full control while maintaining the 'innocent child' effect till she is older and able to take control of things on her own. For all we know, Alex possibly has another place set up that she can return to, if she takes full control, in order to continue her work and further her research as well as collect another worthy subject in order to live forever.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

January 26, 2018 at 10:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Evil Resident

Evil Resident at January 26, 2018 at 8:09 PM

News Bot at January 26, 2018 at 5:23 PM

Could you please elaborate?
Never mind. I worked it out. lol
--
January 27, 2018 at 4:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.