CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community Site & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > ID Medal Translation

Yoke

Anyone here know Chinese? Special thanks to Kevin Ryman on Biohaze for the image.

--

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong."

November 27, 2017 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JC Wesker

No worries!! I'll ask my wife to take a look at this; just as a head-up, the Chinese Characters' here are of 'Traditional Chinese', as opposed to 'Simplified Chinese', so I'm not sure how much she'll be able to translate fully. The issue is that even with Chinese 'Native Speakers', sometimes Characters just aren't known because they're rarely if ever used, but we'll give it a go. :-)

Just FYI, I also tried using ABBYY FineReader OCR, by myself, as a starting point, just to get some of the Characters off of the image itself, but some of the Characters are very hard to recognise, due to the intricacy of the Characters in question, so I'm anticipating some potential issues 'Pre-Translation'..

It really is a wonderful image, but I thought I'd throw it out there that this 'Mini-Project' might be more fully realised if we were able to get a larger/clearer image.. It's just that Chinese yields so many variations with respect to it's depictions of Characters, & I'd hate not to have at least asked, as it could very well be essential.

I'll see what I can do, & I hope I'll at least be able to offer up something; if there's ever anything else, just send it over to JC's Chinese Corner. Haha!!

--

"Sure I'm not human anymore, but just look at the power I've gained!!"

January 15, 2018 at 6:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

3A7

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to look at it! I tried Abbyy as well and some online OCR services but with no luck, i even tried Google translate's drawing feature but i'm not good at painting with the mouse and just one word i could figure out which is people (人) . Regarding a larger image, sadly this is the biggest there is from the PC version of the game, there might be a chance for a bigger one in the ported PS4/XOne version but unfortunately i don't have it for me to be sure.

Anyway, i'll try to paint the characters from my side in a blank sheet and see if ABBYY improves on that. Thanks again for the effort and i'll keep the JC's Chinese Corner in mind if anything else pops up, hehe!

Cheers!

--

January 16, 2018 at 11:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

Thank you so much for any help you all can give!

--

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong."

January 24, 2018 at 12:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I have messaged a couple of Chinese speaking residets here, hoping this image may help them, and Mrs JC Wesker?

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

October 7, 2018 at 11:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Heisenberg

I have a neighbour from China I could ask. Should I put the translation here if she finds out?

--

I'm the man who knocks...

October 9, 2018 at 7:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

That would be a great help if you could do that for us thank you.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

October 9, 2018 at 12:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.