CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Resident Evil 7: Gold Edition

ResiEvilChic96

Weekly Famitsu revealed that Resident Evil 7: Gold Edition will launch in Japan (No news for other regions yet) on December 24th. Gold Edition is only available in Physical format exclusivley for te PlayStation 4. Meaning Xbox One and PC are digital only. Gold comes with all previous DLC as well as a brand new "End of Zoe" Add-On. End of Zoe is an after story for her character meaning we will see the events that take place after she is left at the dock by Ethan and Mia. This along with Not a Hero will launch simultaneously on December 14th in Japan.

It would be cool to get this DLC to let us know what happened to Zoe. The DLC will be supposedly be 1500 yen.

And I think we are certainly ready for Not a Hero, considering it was supposed to be out last spring but the devs wanted to polish up the game so we understand that but we are ready to see what that story brings about and if it will give us any insight storywise to what will happen in future RE titles.

(Update from Ambassador email)

Resident Evil 7 biohazard Gold Edition will be available on 12/12/2017, packed with the base game, plus the previous paid DLC content:(

Banned Footage Vol. 1, Banned Footage Vol. 2, and End of Zoe.

The long awaited free DLC Not a Hero will also be available to download on 12/12/2017 as well for everyone that owns any version of Resident Evil 7 biohazard.

September 5, 2017 at 9:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

I am a bit surprised they did not save this for Tokyo Game Show, perhaps they have another announcement to make, well let's hurry up and get this over with so we can all move on from it. I am not expecting much of anything for them in terms of adding lore to the story other than the obvious. Then once they are out and the dust settles, then what's next for the series? If Cacpom used their heads about this they could use Not a Hero to set up a new villain perhaps he make's a brief cameo at the end of the DLC and escapes or even is just mentioned in a file. I hope there is some sort of setup here otherwise this whole Blue Umbrella scenario was just pointless.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 5, 2017 at 10:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96
I'm a bit surprised myself too,BSAArklay,that they didn't save this for a reveal at TGS. I'm actually really intrigued about the Zoe dlc. I liked her alright and I hope just the gameplay and story is good. I'm ready for NOA to be done and over with. Seeing debates on it since all this time have been annoying in other places. We got still got quite a wait til December but at least we have a date now and can look forward to that in the mean time and maybe some possible update/news on RE2 Remake on TGS.
September 5, 2017 at 12:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Hopefully we'll find out what happens to Zoe, I really enjoy her character and always wondered what became of her after leaving her behind. At least they finally left everyone know that they're still doing this, thank you for sharing this with us!

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

September 5, 2017 at 2:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

I'm surprised they're making a paid DLC that actually seems important. Don't get me wrong, the last two seemed interesting but skippable (I haven't even watched them on YouTube yet, but I know generally what they are).

September 5, 2017 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Bandage131 at September 5, 2017 at 3:44 PM

I'm surprised they're making a paid DLC that actually seems important. Don't get me wrong, the last two seemed interesting but skippable (I haven't even watched them on YouTube yet, but I know generally what they are).

The previous DLC's aside from Sisters cannot be considered canon because they are littered in time stamp discrepancies. Let's hope if there are anymore time stamps that they get it right this time. I understand that Zoe seem's like a popular character to alot of people but other than her role in the game itself I cannot see how it would have a large effect on moving the series forward. Much like Sister's it will help fatten up the lore for the game a bit which is nice however when the credit's roll I cannot see it being useful outside of RE7. Not a Hero on the other hand need's to have answers and establish some sort of plot point for the series to aim forward with. Or this game will quickly become just another isolated incident.

Edit: So I thought of a theory and might as well put it out there. After the events of the main game Chris put's Ethan and Mia on the helicopter and has them evacuated. Chris and his team enter the Baker's plantation meanwhile the HCF arrive and a gun battle takes place. Chris and Blue Umbrella against the HCF. Both trying to apprehend Lucas to gather any data from him. Meanwhile Zoe who awakens in the swamp after Eveline has died and is released from her possesion. Zoe is caught in the middle of this battle. Chris loses Lucas to the HCF however finds Zoe and extracts her. Just a theory. Be interested to hear any others?

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 5, 2017 at 3:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Capcom official press high resolution screenshots

I have no interest in Not A Hero as it's cleary more of the same merceneries style gameplay garbage that plagued Resident Evl 5, but very keen on the End of Zoe installment. I am not surprised Capcom have chosen to go with Zoe, they tied themselves in a knot with the catastrophe of an end to Resident Evil 7 so as to fuck the Mia & Ethan story, so from a narrative point of view where else could they go? I am really looking forward to this aspect, Capcom got far too much right, correcting the omission of so many survival horror features from Resident Evil 5, for us to leave Resident Evil 7 without further DLC narratives.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

September 5, 2017 at 4:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

3A7

BSAArklay at September 5, 2017 at 3:56 PM

Bandage131 at September 5, 2017 at 3:44 PM

The previous DLC's aside from Sisters cannot be considered canon because they are littered in time stamp discrepancies. Let's hope if there are anymore time stamps that they get it right this time. I understand that Zoe seem's like a popular character to alot of people but other than her role in the game itself I cannot see how it would have a large effect on moving the series forward. Much like Sister's it will help fatten up the lore for the game a bit which is nice however when the credit's roll I cannot see it being useful outside of RE7. Not a Hero on the other hand need's to have answers and establish some sort of plot point for the series to aim forward with. Or this game will quickly become just another isolated incident.

Edit: So I thought of a theory and might as well put it out there. After the events of the main game Chris put's Ethan and Mia on the helicopter and has them evacuated. Chris and his team enter the Baker's plantation meanwhile the HCF arrive and a gun battle takes place. Chris and Blue Umbrella against the HCF. Both trying to apprehend Lucas to gather any data from him. Meanwhile Zoe who awakens in the swamp after Eveline has died and is released from her possesion. Zoe is caught in the middle of this battle. Chris loses Lucas to the HCF however finds Zoe and extracts her. Just a theory. Be interested to hear any others?

I guess that what you say is Lucas and Mia's organization is HCF and Blue Umbrella is just Umbrella Co. right? I know is a theory but didn't HCF and Umbrella Co. were the same as of now? I would be interested to hear more theories of yours.

Anyone else wondered what is that circular object in the back of the cave in one of the screenshots?

--

September 5, 2017 at 10:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

I was under the impression Lucas got arrested in that datamine of NOA that was leaked sometime back? Then again things do change. Definitely see Zoe getting extracted. 
I'm not sure about HCF and Umbrella Co. being the same thing, might have to look all that up again. 
Anyone think they'll use this same model of Chris for future games? I think with the backlash and this was outsourced, I get the feeling we won't be seeing this mod again. 

September 5, 2017 at 10:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187
It is really awesome that Capcom will be releasing a Gold Edition for Resident Evil 7 and I am so happy that they finally have a release date for Not A Hero I am really excited to play this DLC we have been waiting for quite some and they finally have a release 11 months after the release of Resident Evil 7 so whatever problems they were having with this DLC that they decided to release almost a year after the game came out should been fixed I am super excited for this and the Zoe DLC looks awesome as well. Hopefully Capcom releases Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition in the US. However, I know most people will be pissed off because Capcom should have released this kind of version when you would preorder 11 months ago. I forgot to mention the Box art of Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition looks really badass very impressive on Capcom part with this Box Art. Looking forward to playing the new DLC in 3 months time.
--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

September 6, 2017 at 1:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

@GeorgeTrevor There is a whole lot of Resident Evil 5 talk coming from you latley George. May I remind you there is an open thread with two post's awaiting your response? You know since you love talking RE5 so much.

@3A-7 HCF belongs to the Rival organisation. They are the USS or UBCS to Umbrella. Blue Umbrella is a reformed version of Umbrella that the government implimented in order to make up for their sins. Red Umbrella = bad, Blue Umbrella = good, basically. Concering the large circle in the background, looks to me like it could be a boulder.

@REChic you know I forgot about the data mine to be honest? I was sort out out of touch with Resident Evil 7 until this announcement I have been ignoring it because it left such a bad taste in my mouth. After some time away and not having to play the game I have enjoyed the lore (as tiny as it maybe).

@AlbertWesker187 Ha you are right about that, when the game drops it would be 11 months. I think it is great that DLC come's out for a game so long after the release to be honest. That's when story DLC should come out so then you don't feel ripped off. They were just foolish in giving a date when they really hadn't even checked that they enjoyed the content that they sent out to a third party.

--

September 6, 2017 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Putting this in the month of Christmas might benefit them with sales. I mean the gold edition,packed with all the content and the downloadable Not a Hero, should be some incentive there. The cover really does look nice.

September 6, 2017 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187

Updated information on Resident Evil: 7 Gold Editon this is the recent update for Resident Evil 7: Gold Edition as followed Capcom will be shipping out this game to other countries around the world.. Hello all crimson head elder residents I am writing this post to let everyone know that there is going to be a physical release for Resident Evil 7: Gold Edition I am very excited for this to go on sale and I am I thinking of buying it I am wondering if anyone else's isnolannikg to but this version I would like to hear the residents opinions and thoughts on Capcom releasing this version of the game as a physical copy. I will put the link below for those of us who want to take a look at the game or preorder it I am very excited for this game to be released and I am possibly going to buy it myself looking forward to hearing everyone's thought and opinions on this matter. Here is the link for those who want to preorder it and check it out.

The game will always be available at Gamestop for preorder here is the link to the Gamestop website https://m.gamestop.com/browse/search?searchTerm=Resident%20Evil%207%20Biohazard%20Gold%20Edition&searchType=autocomplete
--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

September 16, 2017 at 12:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Physical copies are great for collectors. I prefer physical copies myself. Nothing beats opening up that new game case,taking in the brand new smell, and popping in the disc to play! Plus the artwork on the cases tend to be really cool too.These are the Japanese ones and I am seriously loving these:

September 18, 2017 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

Definetely going to buy it, I can't wait to get more of RE7

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

September 18, 2017 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy
Maybe a new theme song as well?. The only ones i know are House of the rising sun and Louisiana 1927 but I'm not a redneck so my knowledge is limited
--

September 19, 2017 at 2:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner
--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

September 21, 2017 at 10:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Not a Hero Demo from TGS 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQg-HH1sc_Y

There is alot of talk from the people playing the demo and it all Japanese.

--

September 24, 2017 at 12:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

3A7

NEW high resolution BMP press screens!

--

October 16, 2017 at 5:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I am a huge fan of Resident Evil 7, with the confidence to have incoporated more of the REmake mechanics, it would have been a masterpiece, but I am extremely disaponted in this lacklustre, pointless DLC, particuarily the dire looking Not A Hero, clearly designed for those cash cows that found the sterile one dimentionanal, linear, super-hero trash of Chris Redfield's Resident Evil 5, a game worth buying.

Even more f**king depressing for this so-called survival horror series, because Resident Evil 7's main game was so wonderful, and potentially on a par with REmake whilst progressing the series forward in a fresh, new way, using a new cast of characters. But with this type of non-person, super-hero Chris Redfield coupled with the equally boring & one-dimential gameplay, Capcom really are scraping the Resident Evil 5 barrel, dragging this series back towards all its worst features.

--

October 16, 2017 at 8:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.