CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > RESIDENTS RECORDINGS > Canon Ending Helicopter Scene

Sonny Bauer

For all of my fellow Resident Evil fans out there; I always wanted to have a Canon Ending where all the surviving S.T.A.R.S. we're featured on the helicopter at the end of the first game. Due to the two scenario system, it would only feature three of the four survivors in each scenario.

So, I made a fun little edit at this link. It's not perfect, but it was great to bring an alternate scene to life. Hope you enjoy!

July 4, 2017 at 1:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

That was really nice! It's a shame the closest we ever get to a canon ending is the Pachislot one where Chris, Rebecca, and Barry escape together.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

July 4, 2017 at 1:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sonny Bauer
Thank you USS Command! I can see what you're saying because the Pachislot is the only time Barry and Rebecca have any screen time together whatsoever. Not to mention that they strangely put Jill in her Resident Evil 3 apparel for the Pachislot. Ugh, the one time all 4 characters appear together and one of them has to have the wrong outfit on haha.
July 4, 2017 at 9:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Wow that was actually pretty good and emotional. Now please fix RE'5s ending and remove Sheva from the equation.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

July 5, 2017 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sonny Bauer

Thanks!

It's honestly the way I would expect it to end. Bittersweet. They all made it out, but at what cost? They were betrayed, lost most of their comrades/friends, and the situation was just completely other-worldly. So, I wanted to convey that in the scene and let it sink in. 

And then Barry catches himself being so grateful to look at his photo, that he forgets momentarily what he just put Chris and Jill through, but they reassure him that it's okay and dismiss it.

They're just happy it's over.

I would've still liked to have put Jill resting her head on Chris's shoulder, but I love the shot of her taking the beret off and essentially freeing herself of what she just went through. If only there was footage of her resting on Chris's shoulder without the beret on. Haha.

I'll see what I can do about RE5's rocket launcher situation for you haha.

July 5, 2017 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Nice editing!!!! Would of really been cool to actually have that ending in the game! The scenes worked really good together. Ah, the urge to go thru Remake again is hitting me! 

July 6, 2017 at 4:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sonny Bauer

Thank you!

I honestly must have used footage from all of the endings and somehow pieced them together to work together somehow.

My favorite part of making the edit was getting Chris and Barry to interact. It was very interesting trying to make that work.

July 6, 2017 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Well consdiering Chris and Barry were old time buddies who met in the Air Force with Barry then recomending Chris for the role in S.T.A.R.S. you never see any of that. At least not until Revelations 2 and their email.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

July 7, 2017 at 6:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sonny Bauer

Exactly! That's what I was going for in that little moment. He did let both of them down, but he definitely felt worse about letting Chris down because of the history that they had, so that's why I portrayed it the way that I did.

It feels great to be able to share this with fellow fans who completely understand and have an appreciation for it, especially the depths of the characters and the story.

July 7, 2017 at 7:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Sonny Bauer at July 7, 2017 at 7:17 PM

Exactly! That's what I was going for in that little moment. He did let both of them down, but he definitely felt worse about letting Chris down because of the history that they had, so that's why I portrayed it the way that I did.

It feels great to be able to share this with fellow fans who completely understand and have an appreciation for it, especially the depths of the characters and the story.

I agree with the shared history being part of Barry's regret, but he would also have the opportunity to develop feelings of concern for Jill above Chris, as he sees first hand what she has to endure during her Spencer Mansion ordeal, that he does not share with Chris. Perhaps the help he manages to give Jill, I presume behind Wesker's back, like the 'can of fizzzzzz', lessens his feelings of guilt a bit!

So this video was the origins of this greater work then Sonny?

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

May 2, 2019 at 4:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Sonny Bauer at July 7, 2017 at 7:17 PM

Some more depth on the characters would be nice and I think all that you putted together here really fits nicely, it's "canon" enough for me!

--

May 7, 2019 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sonny Bauer

Thank you both! 

And yes, GT, this video is the origin of the Canon Ending Project. I was going to orginally leave it at the helicopter scene, but I feel more needs to be shared!

May 15, 2019 at 7:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.