CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Not A Hero DLC debate

Albert Wesker 187

I received this message about the delay of Not A Hero DLC:

Dear Resident Evil Ambassadors, First of all, as always, thank you for your support of the Resident Evil series. We have some important news for you today: we have decided to delay the release of the free Not a Hero DLC which was previously announced as coming in Spring 2017. The reason for this delay is that the content was simply not at the level of quality we know our fans expect and deserve. In order to make sure we can deliver a great experience, we are going to take some more time to improve and polish this content. As the Resident Evil 7 team wanted to let our fans know personally about this news, they have recorded a short video message:

Looking forward to hearing the Crimson elder residents opinion I do not want to spoil anything but the video also has very interesting spoilers as well toward the end of the video from the Executive Producer Jun Takeuchi enjoy my fellow Crimson head elder residents.

--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

April 25, 2017 at 3:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96
Well if they were not happy with it, I'd rather they not release it yet,even with it being a free dlc. So it's delayed indefinitely for now I take it.Jun said they were "working on a further piece of dlc at the moment", that a confirmation for another dlc as well or is this the same story dlc that's supposed to be out in fall/winter that he was talking about?
April 25, 2017 at 11:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I would love to believe it is as much about a change of narrative as it is an improvement of production values, Chris Redfield working for 'Umbrella' however this incarnation has occurred is beyond ridiculous. The script though would already have been recorded by all voice actors involved so it's highly unlikely. It's definitly a positive I suppose, but does little to inspire me with confidence that the involvement of Chris Redfield in this DLC narrative involving 'another Umbrella' will destroy all the good work made up by the main game.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

April 25, 2017 at 3:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

No way they could skip the "Redfield" plot without messing up the main game, I do agree. I'd like to know what exactly was it about it that put them off, but I imagine that would spoil that for us to reveal that now. I also find it odd that Chris would work for Umbrella Co, which is not a goodwill corporation by any means. In that  Biohazard 7 Kaitai Shinsho book, the timeline has Chris working with Umbrella Co. since 2014. In Vendetta he's still in the BSAA unless the timeline in Vendetta is 2014, anything beyond that timeframe would kind of contradict that, I think. 
I just hope they know what they are doing with all this and we get a good game and story out of it.

April 25, 2017 at 6:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

This video from AvidExpert claims to have new info regarding Not a Hero about Blue Umbrella that's from that gun manual of the albert gun that was released on the 27th of this month: 
He's already claiming these are rough translations so nothing is a 100% confirmed and NOA was delayed now. One translation which I saw on GameFaqs was something like this:

"It looks that, at least for the public, this blue Umbrella is an official manufacturer of an anti-B.O.W. weapons such as Albert 01 and Albert 02 "Thor's Hammer". They are working closely with the BSAA."

Now it seems like BSAA apparently doesn't fully trust them, because some of people in this new blue Umbrella were also working for the original Spencer's Umbrella. So Chris was basically send by BSAA as an overseer to this new Blue Umbrella. He took operations with them (UN gave them clearance to partake in some of the BSAA missions) Chris is testing their weapons and at the same time is conducting an investigation from within."
Ok I am having a hard time grasping that the BSAA would ever have anything to do with any corporation with the name Umbrella considering the founding members of the BSAA Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine have dealt with Umbrella before.
I just don't know about this guys.

April 30, 2017 at 4:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187

Here is the original source, a translation by cvxfreak. Take a read and I am looking forward to hearing the residents opinion and discussions on this new information that came out on the new DLC thanks to ResiEvilChic99 for posting the video of the news as well.

--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

May 1, 2017 at 5:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bl00dy3y3

I'm not liking this description so far. After I had finished REVII the night it came out. I was like ' Yeah, okay, I could see this working if done right ", it was an attempt to remain optimistic after enjoying the main game. However it seems, that Capcom decided to go the other way and make this as convoluted as possible. Any way they try and tell this story it's not going to fit within existing canon from the last 21 years. My Idea, was the only way I could see this Umbrella/Chris Redfield alliance (whatever you want to call it) working. Which was as follows –

After the horrific outbreaks in both Tall Oaks and Lian-Shiang. The BSAA was put under increased scrutiny by the UN. Giving them less carte blanche to deal with various biohazardous scenarios. So, Chris and others ( Jill, Barry, Etc.) decided the only way to continue to deal with the onslaught of continued viral outbreaks. Without incurring more political heat from the UN. Was to act under a covert black ops team. Using the Umbrella name and logo to lure buyers, suppliers, and manufacturers of these lethal substances. Who would know the name Umbrella and Neo-Umbrella. After undercover work they would then conduct raid operations on their main testing facilities. Essentially ‘becoming the evil that you are fighting ' if in name only. I could see that working personally. Thus negating the sacrificing of 21 years of character development. My 2 cents, take it FWIW.

May 7, 2017 at 8:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

This whole thing just seems so contrived and pointless but I gotta see what Not a Hero brings before deciding if I want to continue on with this series or not.

May 7, 2017 at 9:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Caroline Bloom is the voice actress of the woman talking to Chris on his earpiece on the gameplay trailer(the trailer is on the following link).https://www.instagram.com/p/BZUYq2HjALS/?taken-by=carolinebloom

"Check out the #trailer for the #DLC of @resident.evil.7 #biohazard "NOT A HERO" which comes out in December! I voiced VERONICA, Chris Redfield's earpiece!"

Anyone find it a little bizarre how she worded that  part about voicing "VERONICA"? Why is that name all in caps? She introduces "VERONICA" as Chris earpiece instead of something more like "I voiced the character, Veronica, the woman that was talking to Chris on his earpiece"
Could be nothing as I do tend to overanalyze some things but that just keeps sticking out to me at the moment.

September 26, 2017 at 9:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

3A7

Could be codenames at this rate, "H.C.F." "Chris Redfield" "VERONICA". I haven't played Code Veronica but i could swear they are all present in that game.

--

September 27, 2017 at 7:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Hm excellent find here REChic thanks for sharing it. It must be just a coincidence or easter egg for the fans right? Still interesting none the less.

Yes you are absolutley right with that assesment 3A7 all three of those names all appear in Code Veronica. Excellent catch there. Perhaps Capcom are trying to hint at something here. Also don't forget Wesker who also played a role in Code Veronica his name is attached to RE7 too.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 27, 2017 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

3A7

Given more thought about what you posted ResiEvilChic99, sounds like if VERONICA wasn't a person and more like an... AI maybe?

I totally forgot about Wesker, thanks for pointing it out BSAArklay. The hint could probably be the fungus being related to the t-Veronica Virus, the H.C.F.'s collaboration with Mia's organization is dated to the year 2000, two years after their retrieval of the virus from the Antarctic Base.

--

September 27, 2017 at 4:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

The timeline seem's to fit rather well from the retrival of Veronica until the E Series production began with only a two year gap. Seem's that they would have used elements of Veronica to perfect the E-Series much like Carla did with the C-Virus. Only question is what make's all this relevant? Why Veronica? There has been no mention of it so far and none of the enemies show any signs of a Veronica infected individual.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 27, 2017 at 5:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

BSAArklay at September 27, 2017 at 5:14 PM

The timeline seem's to fit rather well from the retrival of Veronica until the E Series production began with only a two year gap. Seem's that they would have used elements of Veronica to perfect the E-Series much like Carla did with the C-Virus. Only question is what make's all this relevant? Why Veronica? There has been no mention of it so far and none of the enemies show any signs of a Veronica infected individual.

I would suggest it is a deliberate call back to highlight the feturn of HCF. Storywise the name Veronica means absolutely nothing of relevance but for the player it is a reminder that the plot is returning back to Code Veronica with the return of HCF after all this time. It's a little easter egg. The discovery of the mould will be linked to HCF/Blue Umbrella and Mia's organisation and hopefully the DLC will clairfy when this was, but the bacterium wont have any connection to any existing virus.
September 27, 2017 at 6:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Yeah that's pretty much what I figured aside from the bacterium not relating to the Veronica virus. You don't even think it will link to Progenitor? How was it created then? It must have some elements of former viruses for it to even exist.

--

September 27, 2017 at 7:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan
Not necessarily because it doesnt appear to be a virus at all. The mould could be a natural organism just like the Plaga was, then manipulated and tinkered with by Mia's organisation.
September 27, 2017 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

From Newsbot's translated R&D Report ;

"What led to this project was the XX discovery of a new fungal species (an anomalous bacterium) called XXXX XXXXX. We incorporated the genome of the anomalous bacterium into a pre-Stage 4 human embryo and prepared the bioweapon by culturing it under a specific environment for approximately 38-40 weeks."

Judging from this section there seem's to be no mention of any virus being mixed with the fungus. It just appears they found a new species and manipulated it. So now we have a virus, parasite and fungus. I can't help but feel that Last Of Us was an inspirtation for the fungus.

--

September 27, 2017 at 10:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

3A7

Then, what's the point in hiding the name of a fungus new to the series?

--

September 27, 2017 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

3A7 at September 27, 2017 at 10:54 PM

Then, what's the point in hiding the name of a fungus new to the series?

Excellent point. I found it strange how they blanked out the name of the fungus because even with or without a virus this is a new fungus and it's not like we would have heard of it before. It's just a way of them holding it back so they have the oppourtunity to give the reveal later, probably in Not a Hero but the whole blanking out words pissed me off to no end. It is potentially the cheapest tactic Capcom have ever played regarding the series. Outside of DLC that was locked on the physical copies of course. I don't think ANYONE enjoyed it surely they would have know this, did they expect fans would generate a buzz around it or something? I really don't understand their thought process for it.

--

September 27, 2017 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

TheBatMan at September 27, 2017 at 6:46 PM

BSAArklay at September 27, 2017 at 5:14 PM

I would suggest it is a deliberate call back to highlight the feturn of HCF. Storywise the name Veronica means absolutely nothing of relevance but for the player it is a reminder that the plot is returning back to Code Veronica with the return of HCF after all this time. It's a little easter egg. The discovery of the mould will be linked to HCF/Blue Umbrella and Mia's organisation and hopefully the DLC will clairfy when this was, but the bacterium wont have any connection to any existing virus.

Ah I can see the name Veronica being just that, good point there TheBatMan.

3A7: I almost thought about the possibilty of AI but reading TheBatMan's post, I think it's just an easter egg too tho you pointed that out also with the name being a nod to the Code Veronica name.

September 27, 2017 at 11:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.