CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Alex Wesker Research

M-Greg

photo birkinlabbanner_sb3_zpsiput86gr.png

This is something I've been meaning to point out as it's been just over a year since I made the discovery. I see that it still hasn't been mentioned by anyone else, but I noticed a little treat inside Alex's Monument during one of me re-runs of Claire's campaign in REV2:

photo mgreg1_zpsn0i3056i.jpg

This intrigued me immensely, mostly because of its placement. We know from the files that Alex received a sample of Uroboros from Africa through her confidant Stuart. But these boxes, marked with the BIOHAZARD symbol, are in quite a peculiar place to be tied just to that simple fact. The first thing that would naturally come to mind is that they were the containers of the samples of the virus, nothing more. A mere Easter Egg, and indeed this is a nice little hidden goodie because (at least not that I have found) nowhere else on the island does the TRICELL logo appear. This was casually placed in the background of one of Alex's control rooms in the Monument, specifically in the monitor room where she betrayed and infected Neil.

But, if these two things were containers meant to represent Alex's possession of Uroboros post-BIO5 and no more than that, wouldn't they be in the underground mansion part of the laboratory? That is what the second journal of the Chief Researcher would suggest, as that is where tests on Uroboros were conducted following the completion of t-Phobos. So, what are these boxes doing here? And more importantly, why hide them in the background instead of portraying the logo of the fallen company more prominently to reflect its results being absorbed by Alex, not to mention in the part of the complex specifically intended for the purpose of Uroboros research? Judging by the placement, I personally don't believe this was meant to be found on the first playthrough unless one were paying very close attention to the details.

What could this mean? Is this just a throwaway callback? Here's what I think: I think Alex knows far more than she's let on up to the end of REV2. Those boxes are placed there among what appear to be numerous hard drives and data logs. They don't seem superfluous at all, as if they were there since the tower was first constructed, which would indicate Alex was getting a steady stream of information over a long period of time, even as far back as 2003 when Albert first made contact with TRICELL; we know this was when they first became involved with B.O.W.s and would be the earliest point in time that anyone else in the field would have reason to pay attention to them. We also know that Alex first arrived at the island a mere three years before that.

Neil first became interested in Uroboros after a hearing in the U.S. Congress concerning the threat of bioterrorism using the virus. We know that TRICELL's collapse was finalized at this hearing. We also know that Stuart was getting Alex a seemingly endless supply of test subjects and research materials. This reminds me of how Spencer was giving them to her before his death and of all of TRICELL's test subjects in the Uroboros Laboratory. This would suggest a great deal of influence from the shadows, influence that reminds me strikingly of Albert's organization, which is now apparently the new Umbrella Co. The ability to move through the corporations and governments of the world undetected, constantly gathering information and resources.

I believe that this is a hint that Alex was not as isolated as we were led to believe she was. I think this may in fact be evidence of her being involved with the organization or rival company Albert was invited into in 1998. We still do not know who invited him. He may never have even known himself! What if the group that is, as of UMBRELLA CORPS and BIO7, now the new Umbrella was always made up of people defecting from the original Umbrella like Alex and Albert and was never another public rival organization? If they were, like WilPharma or TRICELL or Shéng-Yā, I'm quite sure they would have been named as such by now.

It would make sense if the reason they have been given no name and are now going by Umbrella Co. was because they never had an identity of their own. Meaning they were always part of Umbrella, breaking away from the high command made up of Spencer and Sergei and trying to establish change through internal sabotage. Consider this: before 1998, no one even had reason to suspect Umbrella was involved in B.O.W. development, besides those involved with them such as Brian Irons and Derek Simmons. Why would another pharmaceutical company entirely be looking for someone like Albert to defect and bring with them Umbrella's secret research when it hadn't been made public yet? Umbrella's collapse was the whole reason other companies even sought to become involved in B.O.W.s!!! This, to me, suggests even more strongly that the rival company was never public as has been thought for so long by fans and has always been an effective regime change.

Alex knew the truth behind Spencer before anyone else, fooling and manipulating him for years. I think it only makes sense that she was behind Albert's defection. She also knew quite a bit about his actions despite supposedly being isolated from them. She knew instantly that he had killed the old man despite that news most likely not going public for quite some time. Another possible detail: no one knows what "reliable source" told the BSAA about Spencer's location, causing them to show up literally right after Albert killed him. This could have been Alex, no longer needing his resources and wanting him eliminated. She then could have been the reason Albert had no luck despite his limitless resources in finding Spencer sooner; she deliberately kept him from Albert, wanting him alive until the time was right and not counting on him leaking his location.

It is clear, thanks to UMBRELLA CORPS and BIO7, that Albert never actually left his organization behind when using TRICELL to complete his objective. Thus, it makes sense, if Alex was involved with the new Umbrella Co., that she would be able to know about his work through them. This would explain how she even came into contact with Neil, an agent of the FBC which TRICELL was manipulating, in the first place. Her soldiers who kidnapped Claire, Moira, and the others from TerraSave also always reminded me of HCF. There also exists evidence of Alex's possible involvement even in UMBRELLA CHRONICLES, which George Trevor will kindly assist me in elaborating upon. I intend to research and discuss this further, but what does anyone else think?

--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

March 7, 2017 at 9:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Q: You can see Tricell equipment in Alex Wesker's lab. Did she and Albert have a real date in the past? Will we know more about this in a future series title, at least in documents?

AMPO: There is no connection between Alex Wesker and Tricell. Alex actually received Albert's Uroboros virus, but nothing was said about them meeting face to face. They probably had their own goals, and they acted independently, so I do not believe they had any contact.

It's just an easter egg - a bit like how Wesker's voice in UC is just meaningless fan service for the multiplayer mode.

March 11, 2017 at 4:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

News Bot

I don't see "easter egg" mentioned anywhere there. It does say that Alex never associated with TRICELL, which we already knew. She does not need to have worked with them to be in possession of some of their equipment, especially since her men did travel to Kijuju to acquire Uroboros from the company's research facility behind the Umbrella Africa Laboratory.

So, TRICELL equipment being in her possession is not an easter egg until actually stated to be such. The director says no such thing, though. CTRL+F "easter egg" (phrase not found). He says Alex and TRICELL are unrelated, which we've always known. We do however know that her men were present in a TRICELL research facility, stealing a virus, and perhaps stealing some equipment.

There's no implication other than Alex stole some TRICELL stuff, which again, we already knew. It's possible that some of the technology recovered from the research facility was redirected towards Alex's resurrection. She no longer had Umbrella's resources to siphon, I don't see why she wouldn't plunder from another company.

Currently I see it as nothing more than a background element to reinforce the fact that Alex intruded on a TRICELL facility to acquire Uroboros. The game does briefly build up that mystery after encountering the first Revenant but doesn't do much with it.

March 11, 2017 at 4:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

You have a direct quote that clearly states there is no connection between Alex and Tricell. That's plenty to justify such a conclusion. But as it doesn't conform with your own theories, please feel free to ignore it as you always do.

Hang on, hang on... we have more from a mistranslated file from REV2...

Instructions for Stuart,

The samples have arrived from Africa. The infection rate is extraordinarily high--it has a lot of potential. I should have expected nothing less from a fellow Wesker. He also brought along that heavy and bulky Tricell computer I wanted. I know I have endless resources, equipment and money from old man Spencer, but I always wanted a Tricell computer in my lab.

March 11, 2017 at 4:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

News Bot

CTRL+F "easter egg."

Phrase not found.

Heh. So is Alex sending men to recover Uroboros from a TRICELL facility a "connection" or not? It's obvious they took some equipment back, but it's not important. It's window dressing for a plot point. A similar example would be Delta Force in the Raccoon General Hospital in BIO3. Not written initially, but placed by a background artist, now it has a story.

I'll reiterate: we've known for two years now that Alex has no relationship with TRICELL. This hasn't ever been in question, not then and not now. The game-changing plot detail here? Alex happens to have some TRICELL equipment. I for one am shook.

March 11, 2017 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

I think it speaks for itself. Should you wish to continue suggesting Alex stole Tricell equipment you crack on. Those with a dose of common sense will simply reflect on the numerous times Capcom have re-used textures from prevous games (jesus it even shows Africa on the computer), snuck in cheeky easter egg references such as 'Biohazard 4' playing at a cinema in 1998 and the fact the game's director stated there's no link between Alex and Tricell, and conclude with a dose of simple logic that this inclusion of a Tricell computer means precisely nothing and should not be there.

The funny thing is, I'm starting to think you are now just purposefully disagreeing with everything I say all of a sudden just to deliberately stoke up some kind of argument. I also know that should the shoe be on the other foot, the above interview is exactly the sort of thing you would use to disprove such a theory. But because you don't like the answer, you skirt round it in the cheapest way possible. 

It's quite ironic that for someone who hates mistakes and errors creeping into official stuff, you sure like to promote many yourself. I see Project Umbrella were stating 'Silver Dagger' was a bioterrorist organisation run by Glen Arias, that Neo-Umbrella were formed and operated by Derek Simmons, and that Tentsu were the name of a corporation from RE7. Talk about jumping the gun. So go on, instead of responding here go and update Alex Wesker's article saying she gave the order to steal Tricell computers from Africa. Go on. 

March 11, 2017 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mr. Spencer

I don't believe there is any connection between Alex Wesker and TRICELL, though I'd like to pitch my own thoughts if I may. Following the conclusion of events which transpired in Africa, the TRICELL research facility in Africa was untouched. Considering that she acquired Uroboros, where's the harm in her taking some laboratory equipment from that facility? Perhaps some data storage devices she required, something along those lines. 

It's like if you nick a few televisions from a store, it doesn't mean you're working for Sony or Toshiba just because you have those brand names on the equipment you've taken. Besides, I like the idea that those machines were probably taken from Africa.

--

He who controls the spice, controls the universe.

March 11, 2017 at 5:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

News Bot

Your "similar" examples are stretching. None of those are the logo of a company mentioned at the very start of the game and pivotal to one of the game's key plot points, being the source of Uroboros. You insinuate that because there's "no connection" between her and the company, which again has never been suggested, that she can't possess stolen equipment. Even though she already possesses a stolen virus... from TRICELL...

Your Biohaze articles are 100% accurate, eh? Come on, we've been at this for a long time and aren't privy to all the information at all times, we've both made mistakes. Pointing out things I've admitted to try and poison the well is just petty. I didn't see you changing the Neo Umbrella information that had been up since the game's release when you were a PU staff member, or correcting much of anything really. You also don't do it as non-staff, despite having the ability to. You also never point out or discuss things with me unless it's in a forum topic, despite having done that for years prior. You instead seem more keen to see me make a mistake and then bring it up whenever you can to try and win an argument. We can trade barbs on this back and forth forever considering the amount of things we've contributed and been right or wrong about in equal measure.

I will update Alex's article about possessing equipment with TRICELL's logo on it, though. Cheers. I never ask for support, and you are a troll. Why else do you constantly bring up Wesker's resurrection in completely unrelated topics across several different websites? Come on.

March 11, 2017 at 6:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg
That's actually what I was insinuating in my initial theory, that Alex could have been conducting surveillance and gathering info on the actions of Albert and TRICELL further back in the timeline than we have been led to believe, and not necessarily through direct contact. We know Stuart hacked BSAA servers. This could have been easily accomplished if she was secretly involved with the organization/rival company/new Umbrella Co., which I believe was always an unnamed underground group of Umbrella defectors rather than a separate company. The way she refers to Albert's actions and Spencer's death just always suggested to me that she was there lurking in the shadows and maybe even he didn't know it. Her connection to Neil, former FBC and therefore indirectly linked to TRICELL himself on top of learning so much about Uroboros, also suggested this to me.
--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

March 11, 2017 at 6:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

You DON'T know what the developers are thinking either, yet your quick to dismiss aything you don't like. Have you considered you may be wrong when you write your articles? I suspect not since you write them anyway sometimes with no concrete information whatsoever and low and behold, they turn out completely inaccurate, just like the examples cited above.

I provided a quote that highly suggested it was an easter egg, along with corroborating evidence that Capcom always reuse all textures and just to argue the point, you come up with some shit about Alex stealing Tricell computers, it's beyond pathetic. Everything you have just accused me of there, you do on a daily basis, except you go one step further and even populate official site articles with such shit, whereas at least I keep my theories to forum posts where they belong until either proven or disproven. 

Yes I bring up Wesker's resurrection all the time to argue the point with anyone who brings it up, but I don't actively invite you to the conversation yet here you are. I haven't even posted on this site for six months and within 2 minutes you are here. It's creepy.

And I see even on this very thread my posts are getting deleted now.

March 11, 2017 at 6:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

News Bot

In this case? No, I don't. Which is why I'm going simply by what they have laid out. You on the other hand are directly contradicting them for the sheer sake of contradicting them. Your argument holds no superior logic or reason. Your quote does not suggest anything close to an easter egg, for reasons stated by two people now. Never seem willing to admit to misinterpretation, though, as the whole Alex mind/memory thing shows.

Creepy eh? I've been lurking on this site for a long while and post every once in a while. Perhaps the timing is convenient because you pulled the same token nonsense on the PU Facebook page where I credited M-Greg, then conveniently ended up in this very topic seconds later? I even still had the tab open from saving and uploading the image...

March 11, 2017 at 6:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

Contradicting them how? By agreeing with the director?

March 11, 2017 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

News Bot

You cannot agree with the director on something he never said. Again, find me where Ampo calls it an easter egg and I'll capitulate.

Having no connection or relationship with a company does not mean you cannot steal from that company. Your assertion fundamentally makes no sense, and is even more embarrassing when you consider that one of the game's main plot points... is something stolen from that company she has no connection to. At no point is it suggested that Alex is connected to TRICELL, either, so there isn't even anything for you to disprove here.

March 11, 2017 at 6:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

There is Tricell equipment in Alex's lab - therefore people naturally believe she has a connection to Tricell. Director later confirms no link between Alex and Tricell. Logic then dicates that it is either an easter egg because it has no right to be there, or a mistake because Capcom are well known from using repeated textures from old games. That makes perfect sense and is a perfectly logical conclusion many people would arrive at. 

But you? No, I can't possibly be seen to agree with batman therefore it's not an easter egg just because Ampo literally doesn't say easter egg. I won't comment on the fact Capcom repeatedly use old textures and I'll just say Alex stole Tricell equipment because it's just 'there' and therefore I won't need to justify it.

I see you've updated your Alex article. Citation please.

March 11, 2017 at 7:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

Well, M-Greg, I actually enjoyed your theory and hope you’re onto something. Look forward to what you and GT have to add with Umbrella Chronicles.

As for the whole it’s an Easter egg thing with the Tricell logo, I see good points on both sides, Batman is right with the fact that Capcom reuses assets. Rev2 alone uses stuff from RE5, RE6, ORC, and Rev1. So while it’s fair to be skeptical of this, I don’t think this means we should just discount the Tricell logo completely and call it an easter egg. I mean is there anything wrong with the idea that Alex stole Tricell equipment from Africa? So why not discuss the possibilities?

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

March 11, 2017 at 7:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

The game shows Tricell equipment in her lab yes, but nothing confirms that she stole it, acquired it, bought it or whatever. I could do with knowing to disprove the argument it may just be a reused texture or an easter egg. All the evidence presented thus far would suggest it could be. That evidence includes Capcom's penchant for reusing old assets, and the director shooting down the idea that there was any potential link between Alex and Tricell therefore it seems a reasonable assumption. You have put it in an official site article and not just a forum post so I'm assuming you have something definitive and not just an assumption to back that up.

So, citation please.

March 11, 2017 at 7:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

News Bot

Nothing to indicate that she stole it other than having men in Africa already stealing TRICELL's virus. Got me there! Absolutely no chance of her stealing anything else because she's a fine upstanding citizen who only takes what she needs.

I thought you didn't care about PU? Didn't you just have a little go at it for inaccuracy? You have no evidence let alone that presented "thus far." Ampo's statement doesn't support you one bit, and you keep ignoring the logical flaw in your theory every single time it's pointed out and explained to you.

Where are your citations for Irving's monster form being called "Kraken" or the Executioner Majini being named "Kifu"? We can play this game all day.

March 11, 2017 at 7:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

Yes, she wanted the Uroboros virus, that is outright stated many times. But where does it state she wanted their computers? 

Citation please.

March 11, 2017 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

News Bot

Who said she wanted them in the first place? All we know is that she has them, and that is all we need to know. She could've ordered for certain articles of interest to be seized, her men could've grabbed whatever they thought looked good, etc. All that matters at this point is that she "had some TRICELL equipment." Game changer!

March 11, 2017 at 7:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

USS Command at March 11, 2017 at 7:08 PM

Well, M-Greg, I actually enjoyed your theory and hope you’re onto something. Look forward to what you and GT have to add with Umbrella Chronicles.

As for the whole it’s an Easter egg thing with the Tricell logo, I see good points on both sides, Batman is right with the fact that Capcom reuses assets. Rev2 alone uses stuff from RE5, RE6, ORC, and Rev1. So while it’s fair to be skeptical of this, I don’t think this means we should just discount the Tricell logo completely and call it an easter egg. I mean is there anything wrong with the idea that Alex stole Tricell equipment from Africa? So why not discuss the possibilities?

I appreciate that! Yeah, I'll wait for George to upload it since he's the one who extracted it from the disc for us, but I just want to be perfectly clear that I do not consider it proof of anything, but possible evidence of more going on than we know. I felt the same way about the logo.
--

March 11, 2017 at 7:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.