CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Red Trigger File

USS Command
Administrator

photo birkinlabbanner_sb3_zpsiput86gr.png

A long time ago I came across an airsoft gun called RED TRIGGER/ Ouroboros Spear/Ouroboros of the Spear. I spent a full day many, many (about a year or so) moons ago translating the file that explains the gun. While I personally consider it canon, I wont enforce it as such and leave it here for you to decide what you want of it. As I'm no expert translator, I used five diffrent programes to do this. I also made notes of things I had trouble with. 

photo airsoftgun_zps3djphrxv.jpg

Umbrella, a global scale multinational pharmaceutical company, that boasts its market by manufacturing a wide variety of products ranging from advanced medical devices to daily pharmaceuticals. But it is generally not known that a “Dark Product” was also present. "BOW: Biological weapons" developed from the “t-Virus” represented the raise of high profits. But, at the same time the development of these products were accompanied by a risk.

At the time of the field test, BOWs in development went out of control, killing the researchers of research and development teams or causing frequent accidental damage to valuable laboratory equipment. Because of this, a professional special forces of biohazard countermeasure troops* was established to crush runaway BOWs. The company also undertook the development of professional arms and weapons that would correspond to these unforeseen circumstances. Paving the way for the manufacturing and sale of "Anti-BOW weapons.”**

At the same time these products would be marketed towards confronting sold BOWs. This was a strategic move to sell BOWs and then the weapons to kill it. It was promoted in development as “Sword*** and Shield.”****

The Umbrella Corporation department that developed the firearms and weapons was "UBAL: Umbrella anti-Bio Arms Laboratory.” Originally, a small firearm manufacturer that was absorbed by Umbrella for the development of private firearms to class a variety of Bioweapons. In the heyday of the Umbrella Corporation, when bioweapons development was in full swing against the backdrop of ample liquidity, the company produced a number of high-tech weapons that use the latest technology.

And it was here a gun was developed with a code name “Ouroboros Spear/Ouroboros of the Spear”***** A large custom auto-type Magnum based on the world's best Desert Eagle. It's long range and power is worthy of the name “Spear.” This was not made for common “t-Virus” based BOWs, but developed for the concept of large “G-Virus” class BOWs. Even though It's a large handgun, it is easy to use in combat and against BOWs in close quarters combat.

Magnum Specifications:******

Uses .50 caliber rounds only.

Special Anti-Viral rounds, that inhibits the virus activity, can also be added. Causing a large diameter of both a physical and biological disruption force.

Long barrel to increase its initial velocity.

Laser pointer to capture the target quick.

Built in flashlight.*******

Also included in the unit, in addition to a built-in stabilizer, is a feature to offset the recoil called "USS = Un-Shock System.” It is designed to reduce the firing shock by generating a shock at the same time as the recoil by combustion gas.********

Even with large front sight elevation adjustment features, with sites equipped it can have high precision when shooting and instantaneous sighting with the pointer.

Grip and magazine is decorated with custom parts and magbumper.

The Red Trigger symbolizes the dangers of this secret weapon, causing it to be separately known as "RED TRIGGER" in the development staff. Also has a built-in fingerprint authentication function in the trigger. Any other than the person who is registered pulls the trigger it will lock and not shoot. Exactly what "selected persons" would use this special gun?*********

Ironically, the development of this prototype was completed just after Umbrella Headquarters collapsed. Who all was involved in the development of this gun and what became of it, is unknown...

*bio-hazard protection troops was another translation I came up with. I choosed the other as it both fits with the Umbrella Magnum and sound like the UBCS, which the Magnum was made for.

** My translations gave me “vs. / BOW weapons” and “counter · BOW weapons” so I went with something that sounds better.

***Got the word spear

****From “paving” all the way to “Shield” was worded wired no matter what translation software I used. So I kinda winged here.

*****both came up and honestly could work with both, one the full, one the short hand

******I restructured this part completely. Mostly to make it look like something you'd see in a game and IMO easier to read.

*******I removed two sentences that drowned on about a flashlight's uses!

********I don't even understand what it's talking about at this point!

*********Another wired translation. I'm not sure what it's trying to mean here but it reads like a question so I added a question mark.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

February 18, 2017 at 12:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

And for those who are much better then I am, heres the original text.

世界的な規模のシェアを誇る多国籍企業として知られた製薬会社「アンブレラ」。

日用医薬品から高度な医療機器に至るまで多種多様な製品を製造した同社だが、一般には知られていない「闇の製品」も存在した。それが「T-ウィルス」に代表されるように、莫大な利益を上げると目されていた生物兵器であり、その発展形である「B.O.W.=生体兵器」であった。

だが、これらの製品開発は同時にリスクを伴った。開発中のB.O.W.がフィールドテストの際に制御不能になり、研究開発チームの研究者を殺傷したり、貴重な実験機材に損害を与える事故が頻発したためだ。このため同社ではバイオハザード対策部隊、すなわち暴走したB.O.W.を鎮圧する専門特殊部隊を創設し、同時にこうした不測の事態に対応する専門的武器・兵器の開発にも着手した。

また同時にこれは、開発B.O.W.の完成後にその販売先と対峙するマーケットへ向けた商品、つまり「対・B.O.W.兵器」製造販売への布石でもあった。自ら創った兵器を売り、それをまた殺す武器も売る。まさに「矛と盾」両方の開発を進めたのである。

そんなアンブレラ社の「傘下」に銃器を主とした兵器開発部門「UBAL(ウーバル)=Umbrella anti-Bio Arms Laboratory(アンブレラ対バイオ兵器開発部門)」があった。もともと小規模な銃火器メーカーであった会社をアンブレラが吸収し、各種バイオ兵器へ通用する専用銃火器の開発を行う、社内でも極秘扱いの部門である。アンブレラ社のバイオ兵器開発が本格化した絶頂期には同社の潤沢な資金を背景に、最新技術を使用した数々のハイテク兵器を生み出した。

そしてそこで開発された銃に開発コード名“ウロボロスの槍”があった。オート式マグナム銃としては世界最高のデザートイーグルをベースとした大型マグナムカスタムで、その長大さと威力はまさに「槍」の名にふさわしい。これは一般的な「T-ウイルス」用ではなく、「G-ウイルス」級の大型B.O.W.を想定した専用兵器という開発コンセプトで、超大型であっても拳銃という形に限定したのは、バイオ兵器が使用されやすい狭い建造物内での戦闘を考慮してのことである。

.50口径のマグナム弾仕様で、専用弾には活動中のウイルスを阻害する抗ウイルス薬を添加することもでき、大口径による物理的破壊力と科学的な攻撃力を併せ持っている。その初速を上げるロングバレル、素早く標的を捉えるレーザーポインタ、光量の少ない屋内での戦闘をサポートするフラッシュライトなど対B.O.W.に必要な機能を全て搭載したタクティカルユニットを装着。

またユニット内には、リコイル発生と同時に対衝撃を発生して反動を相殺する「USS=Un-Shock System」と呼ばれるスタビライザー機能を内蔵している他、ガスポートで発射時の燃焼ガスを効率よく逃がすなど、徹底的にマグナム弾による発射衝撃を軽減するよう設計されている。

さらに大型フロントサイトとエレベーション(調節機能付き)サイト装備で、ポインターによる瞬間的サイティングとは別に精度の高い精密射撃も可能。グリップも専用パーツを用いたカスタマイズが施され、マガジンには大型マグバンパーが装着されている。

トリガーはこの秘密兵器の危険性を象徴するかのような赤いカスタムトリガーで、このことから開発名とは別に通称“RED TRIGGER”とも呼ばれた。またこのトリガーには指紋認証機能が内蔵されており、登録された者以外がトリガーを引くとロックが掛かり撃てない。まさに「選ばれた者のみが撃てる」特別な銃なのであった。

しかし皮肉なことに、この試作品が完成直後に開発を進めたアンブレラ本社が崩壊。開発に関わった者も行方が知れず、この銃がその後どうなったかを知る者はいないという。。

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

February 18, 2017 at 12:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

I don't know if it is canon or not but I see no contradictions here or any reason for it not to add to the story so it will be going nicely into my playthrough timeline with the rest of the airsoft gun files.

Is it just me or does this gun remind you of the Albert weapon from RE7? A weapon purposely made to take down BOW's. Was there any images with this you can share? I would like to see what a gun created to take out G-Virus BOW's looks like.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

February 20, 2017 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Very interesting find & research USS Command. The weapons of Resident Evil don't really pique my interest but for huge amounts of fans of the series they very much are of enormous interest & significance so I would expect keen interest in this thread, and look forward to the debate on this file's canon status.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

February 20, 2017 at 6:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

News Bot

Welsh showed me these years ago. While the proprietor is very talented and has a good knowledge of the series lore, it's all fan-fiction I'm afraid based on the limited info we have about the former weapons manufacturing "Umbrella Industries" and such.

A shame, but with the Albert-01 and Albert-02 in BIO7 and compounded by BIOUC, the concept of anti-B.O.W. weapons and equipment is still alive.

He does refer to *some* official material though, and copy-pastes wholesale from them. Such as this, where he got his basic backstory and setting from.

February 20, 2017 at 7:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Ah I see its not an official Capcom merchandise like the Samurai Edge Mk 2. Still an interesting background though and a very nice looking gun. Actually it looks quite similar to the Samurai Edge MK 2.

Also nice to see you reference the Albert-01 Newsbot because the intentions of both weapons are to destroy BOW's and they were made for that specific reason. As cool as they are though I hope the series doesn't turn into some sort of futuureistic scifi where the antagonists are only using weapons like this. A one off is fine but a whole game full of plasma cutters, pulse rifles and line cutters. Thats a whole other series.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

February 20, 2017 at 7:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

News Bot

Well we've already had the likes of the Spark Shot and Linear Launcher. There are a lot of possibilities, but it's not hard for CAPCOM to keep them isolated to action games or make them one-use weapons or something like in CV or 7.

February 20, 2017 at 8:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Yeah and let's not forget the Satellite Laser Shango from RE5 that was used to destroy a mutated Excella. It is quiet beliveable to create a counter weapon for BOW's. To control them so to speak. My only worry is they don't make it into the games full time.

--

February 20, 2017 at 8:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

News Bot at February 20, 2017 at 7:12 PM

Welsh showed me these years ago. While the proprietor is very talented and has a good knowledge of the series lore, it's all fan-fiction I'm afraid based on the limited info we have about the former weapons manufacturing "Umbrella Industries" and such.

A shame, but with the Albert-01 and Albert-02 in BIO7 and compounded by BIOUC, the concept of anti-B.O.W. weapons and equipment is still alive.

He does refer to *some* official material though, and copy-pastes wholesale from them. Such as this, where he got his basic backstory and setting from.

Ah, see I saw the Sliver Ghost on there and thought it was in the same vain as it's story. While translating it it did remind me ALOT of the Umbrella Magnum. I even went back to read it as I was doing its translation. But, for a fanfiction, it's really good. Very well written and not as "interesting" as some of the fanfiction out there.
--

February 20, 2017 at 9:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

News Bot at February 20, 2017 at 8:26 PM

Well we've already had the likes of the Spark Shot and Linear Launcher. There are a lot of possibilities, but it's not hard for CAPCOM to keep them isolated to action games or make them one-use weapons or something like in CV or 7.

the single game appearance specialized weapons fascinate me. I remember playing CV and thinking how convenient it was that someone just happened to leave the linear launcher hanging there for no conceivable reason. It was a nice touch to have included the DSC file which explained Alexander developed it in secret to contain an out of control Alexia. With all these virus specific BOWs it's surprising we dont get more game specific specialized weapons but they woudld require a file explaining their origin.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

February 24, 2017 at 2:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.