CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > RE7 Skype group call review

BSAArklay
Administrator

CHE would like to announce we are running a live Skype group chat to review Resident Evil 7 biohazard. The review will take place on Sunday Feb 5th 23:00 PM GMT / 18:00 PM EST. We would like to invite residents to join us in the group chat or to send in MP3 call-in’s to play live to the group for debate! We will also accept questions & comments posted here and will read them live on the group call for discussion. Hope everyone enjoys the review, to be posted here after the weekend, and the CHE team look forward to joining other residents for a live RE7 group debate & review!

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

January 26, 2017 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

This will be an interesting to talk about, reviewing the story, share theories and ideas. Our likes and dislikes about the game.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

January 26, 2017 at 7:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

TheOracleDragon at January 26, 2017 at 7:46 PM

This will be an interesting to talk about, reviewing the story, share theories and ideas. Our likes and dislikes about the game.

See you there TheOracleDragon, looking forward to hearing your views as someone who has followed the series since the very beginning!

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

January 26, 2017 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AvP Ryu

Hello someone there? It's already 23:00 at night.

And no one shows up on Skype.

--

Computer geeks ....we’re not so easy to kill.

January 28, 2017 at 6:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

AvP Ryu at January 28, 2017 at 6:14 PM

Hello someone there? It's already 23:00 at night.

And no one shows up on Skype.

Have you sent any of the CHE staff a Skype contact request AvP Ryu?! You have to be connected to one of us to then be added to our group call. We will be continuing this evening so find me on Skype (contact name = george_trevor), send me a contact request and we'll add you to the group call for this evening. The same goes for any other residents that would like to join us this evening at 11:00 GMT / 18:00 EST with late comers most welcome as we will be reviewing & debating long into the night...

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

January 29, 2017 at 11:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

I don't have Skype but I would like to hear the review, where will it be uploaded?

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

January 29, 2017 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

James Marcus at January 29, 2017 at 3:01 PM

I don't have Skype but I would like to hear the review, where will it be uploaded?

The review has been postponed until February the 5th at 23:00PM GMT/18:00 EST. Gives us all more time to play/research the game. Sorry about the delay. The review will be up very soon after its completion due to no editing we are just going to upload it to Youtube instantly and will post a link here and on our social media outlets. Thanks! If anyone would like to join, submit a recording or just ask a question or give feedback we can read it please feel free to post it here.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

January 30, 2017 at 5:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

We have a handful of things to talk about, if you have a suggestion for us to review that isn't on our list, feel free to leave a comment with a topic and we'll add it to the list.

This will be a full review of the game and hopefully any of the DLCs that are out.

Our list consists of the following:

-Graphics

-Soundtrack

-Inventory

-Sound Effects

-Controls

-Call-backs (Easter Eggs)

-Files

-Story

-Extra Content

-Survival Horror

-Characters

-Monsters

-The Endings (thus far)

-Madhouse (USS Command's experience about it)

-Umbrella Corps involvement

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

January 31, 2017 at 9:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

I would like to join in if everyone doesn't mind.

February 2, 2017 at 8:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JC Wesker

Hey guys!!

Thanks for the Skype Invite!!

This sounds like an amazing idea, but unfortuantely I won't be able to join you guys.... as I haven't played it yet.... I know, I know, what's going on?

Basically, if you'll indulge me a moment, when my UK/EU Collector's Edition order fell through, which I'd ended up having to pre-order through a UK eBay Seller, as opposed to GAME, directly, [I'm afraid that this was just poor planning on my part], I then 'lucked out' and managed to buy a CE.... on the day of release.... from a eBay Seller in Hungary....

Since both sellers had offered up the product w/ a copy of the game, I therefore hadn't ordered it separately, and it only just arrived 'yesterday'.... [in case anyone was wondering, yeah, the main chimney was broken off, but, under the circumstances, I'm happy to have it, and, to be honest, it does fit back on to where it should without it even being noticeable.... love the artbook, also].

Needless to say, I was pushing through some serious fear factor late last night, and I have made it through the initial 'set-up' stage of the game, but, as it is, I'm off to London today to see my brother for the weekend.

I have to 'Welcome' my week-old niece to 'My Family' this weekend. :)

N e way, I hope you guys have a great discussion, and I will be listening/watching as soon as possible.

I would love to join another discussion at another time, with any of you, if it's ever on the cards.

I just wanted to at least reply to the invite in some shape or form, as I thought a formal response was deserved.

JC

--

"Sure I'm not human anymore, but just look at the power I've gained!!"

February 3, 2017 at 7:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Yoke at February 2, 2017 at 8:40 AM

I would like to join in if everyone doesn't mind.

That would be really great Yoke, the main group are starting at 6 PM EST but a couple of others are only able to make 4 PM EST, so feel free to give us the heads up on what best suits you for Sunday.

@JC Wesker: Cheers man, looking forward to another date with you some time in the future.

--

February 4, 2017 at 2:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Loving Zombie

Hey peeps!

This sounds interesting, I did manage to get hold of RE7 on launch day and managed to complete the game twice so far. I'm interested in what everyone here think's of the game. 
During this discussion, are we going into spoiler territory? Or do we have to avoid talking about spoilers for RE7?

February 4, 2017 at 3:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

The Loving Zombie at February 4, 2017 at 3:17 PM

Hey peeps!

This sounds interesting, I did manage to get hold of RE7 on launch day and managed to complete the game twice so far. I'm interested in what everyone here think's of the game. 
During this discussion, are we going into spoiler territory? Or do we have to avoid talking about spoilers for RE7?

Great to hear from you The Loving Zombie, and even better if you can join us!? We will be discussing the game in full, including the narrative of the main game from start to end, so a comprehensive review. I would advise anyone who has not played the game through to completion to avoid this call like the plague! I've just completed my 2nd play-through; will try and squeeze one attempt at Madhouse mode before Sunday. I also hear that a read-through of the Umrella Corps. files is essential (according to CrimsonElder so blame him!)

--

February 4, 2017 at 3:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Loving Zombie

George Trevor at February 4, 2017 at 3:31 PM

The Loving Zombie at February 4, 2017 at 3:17 PM

Hey peeps!

Great to hear from you The Loving Zombie, and even better if you can join us!? We will be discussing the game in full, including the narrative of the main game from start to end, so a comprehensive review. I would advise anyone who has not played the game through to completion to avoid this call like the plague! I've just completed my 2nd play-through; will try and squeeze one attempt at Madhouse mode before Sunday. I also hear that a read-through of the Umrella Corps. files is essential (according to CrimsonElder so blame him!)

Cheers George, likewise :). 

Yeah that would pretty cool to join you guys in the discussion. I've just setup Skype, so I need to send a request to "george_trevor".

There's quite a few George Trevors in the world of Skype isn't there :D 

So as you've said just before, does the Skype discussion start at 4pm - 6pm in the UK?

--

February 4, 2017 at 4:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

11 PM UK time. Thanks to everyone who has shown an interest.

--

February 4, 2017 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AvP Ryu

I'm Ready. Is this someone online?

--

Computer geeks ....we’re not so easy to kill.

February 5, 2017 at 6:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

I'm afraid I can't make it to the live review, but I can post some thoughts here:

What does everyone think of the new "Umbrella Corporation"? Personally, I think it is pretty obvious that this is all "Umbrella Co." ever stood for, and that "Umbrella Corps" was just the name of the game with no actual place in Canon. What I can't stop thinking about is, apparently, a company called Tentsu made E-001 (Eveline), our big boss enemy, and the files show that they achieved this with assistance from HCF. I believed this to finally be confirmation that the rival company had a name, Tentsu, at first. But others apparently believe that said rival company has in fact become "Umbrella Co." and Tentsu, like Tricell or Shéng-Yā from Heavenly Island, is just another fodder group.

Is HCF a military force owned by Tentsu, Shéng-Yā, Umbrella Co., or someone else we still don't have a name for? Could they have been the men that attacked the Annabelle tanker and rescued Ethan [and Mia] at the end? Obviously "Umbrella Co." would not be available for the rival company to use as its name until sometime after 2004. It is indeed very possible that Albert renamed it this with all the assets he stole from the original company after burning it and taking over the rival company, or they simply decided themselves that this was a better name to go by. The problem I have with this is, why would the same company that helped create Eveline then seek to steal or destroy her? If they weren't going to have access to her, why help make her in the first place? And wouldn't Eveline, a B.O.W. designed to stop warfare, put such a company out of business?

What do you guys think?

--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

February 5, 2017 at 6:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.