CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > INDEPENDENT & KICKSTARTER > Year Of The Ladybug

George Trevor
Site Owner

YEAR OF THE LADYBUG  is a one-of-a-kind, third-person perspective Survival Horror game currently in development, providing unsettling & formidable puzzles designed around the captivating narrative. The concept art (see below & offical site) is some of the most disturbing, unique and refreshingly original I have seen in the Survival Horror genre.

The focus of the gameplay mechanics will be on a unique melee & combo system, where attacks can be unleashed in various directions & configurations, and each weapon provides distinctive fighting techniques as multiple skills are unlocked & evolved.  Daring to play will mean challenging your emotional boundaries and accpeting to experience the true meaning of unimaginable fear, panic and dread. A mass murderer known only as 'The Ladybug Killer' mysteriously awakes in a crippled hospital and soon discovers that he is locked down in a quarantine zone with other survivors. As he fights off nightmarish creatures and demonic illusions in a wild struggle to find any way out, we slowly come to uncover the unfathomable root of his evil...

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

September 13, 2016 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

Been following this game for a while now in my spare time. Love the art.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

September 13, 2016 at 7:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

USS Command at September 13, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Been following this game for a while now in my spare time. Love the art.

followed the link to the official site, those concepts are sick - in a good way! I wasnt convinced some of the more surreal designs would incorporate into gameplay but as I read further I saw that awesomely frightening plant-pot man from the concept art featured in the gameplay storyboards and I gotta say I'm seriously hyped for this game.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

September 13, 2016 at 7:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Well first of all I love the idea of playing as an antagonist. A mass murderer. Only Silent Hill I can think of has tackled this sort of aspect and they usually played them as sympathetic. I am really interested in how the story plays out. Excellent promotional work by these guys including a prologue comic on the site. The enemies of course stand out these are amaingly original. Plant pot head is genius. I am really curious as to how all these creatures came to be. Is it like a Cabin in the Woods kind of situation? All the enemies are creepy as hell. I hope this game comes to fruition as I will gladly put my money down for it.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 13, 2016 at 7:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Now this looks pretty awesome and cool, unique too and it loks to have a very interesting tale behind it all. Certainly going to enjoy learning more about this, horror is always a great things to toy with... Till it consumes you.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

September 14, 2016 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

BSAArklay at September 13, 2016 at 7:57 PM

Well first of all I love the idea of playing as an antagonist. A mass murderer. Only Silent Hill I can think of has tackled this sort of aspect and they usually played them as sympathetic. I am really interested in how the story plays out. Excellent promotional work by these guys including a prologue comic on the site. The enemies of course stand out these are amaingly original. Plant pot head is genius. I am really curious as to how all these creatures came to be. Is it like a Cabin in the Woods kind of situation? All the enemies are creepy as hell. I hope this game comes to fruition as I will gladly put my money down for it.

Too many survival horror kick-starters have failed to make target funding, it's a graveyard of independent horror so I'm hoping beyond hope YOTLB doesnt join that list because I've never seen such an original pitch containing such hideous designs. 'Plant Pot Head' will give me nightmares all week, it's already creeped me the fuck out I cant sleep. Playing as an antagonist or at least a protagonist with an unpleasent past thru the whole game, not just as a end game bonus, is a feature I've longed-for so another reason to wish this pitch finds the right developer.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

September 14, 2016 at 8:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

Quite the intriguing little game.

September 15, 2016 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ray Redfield
The concept art is to die for. I love what the game has to offer!
--

Fantasy is I am a wingless angel made in heaven. Reality is I am a human born in the beautiful land of the mysterious missing flights.

September 16, 2016 at 10:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187

I k now I am late to this party nonetheless though I am here. I have to say the album art is unbelievably sickening and the sexual sadism behind this is all incrdible, this game looks like a one of kind thing we have not seen in any game so far very unique and sexully sickening in a good way. I am really looking forward to playing this once in a lifetime game that breaks all barriers of any other video games we have seen. This is what I call The Autophagous Orgy of entering the mind of a madman and I am really looking forward to any future updates and playing this game in the near future.

--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

September 18, 2016 at 2:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

WiskUK

Ray Redfield at September 16, 2016 at 10:24 AM

The concept art is to die for. I love what the game has to offer!

What she said! But concept art alone maketh no game! Where is the demo, it's been months since this was announced?

--

Take the Green Herb?

March 5, 2017 at 12:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.