CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > RE7 Story & Combat Spoilers

ResiEvilChic96

So it looks like ESRB spilled some details about RE7, if you are looking to avoid any possible spoilers, do not click on the link and avoid this topic in the forum: ESRB spoilers

August 26, 2016 at 12:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

I'm quite excited about what I see!

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

August 28, 2016 at 5:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Found a relyonhorror spolier article. It has more detailed models of The Family Man and Characters here through some photogrammetry demonstration they did at CEDEC.

August 28, 2016 at 9:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

comicbooknerd

ResiEvilChic96 at August 28, 2016 at 9:26 AM

Found this on relyonhorror: http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/resident-evil-7-zombies-the-family-man-characters-and-more-detailed-in-photogrammetry-demonstration/
It has more detailed models of The Family Man and Characters here through some photogrammetry demonstration they did at  CEDEC.

Thanks for sharing that link, very interesting article. I have to say I am very impressed with the detail in some of those images, its crazy! It's very interesting to see how Capcom are working on this project, it looks very different to what I've seen in the past. Awesome stuff.

August 31, 2016 at 3:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

I think I'm more interested for RE7 than I have been any past game since RE0.

September 5, 2016 at 10:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Bandage131 at September 5, 2016 at 10:54 AM

I think I'm more interested for RE7 than I have been any past game since RE0.

Absolutely with you on this Bandage131, due to the considerble knock-backs my enthusiasm for the series has taken since Kawamura's scenario for Resident Evil 4 was replaced.

More spoliers ahead

You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.

September 5, 2016 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

This really makes me feel better about RE7 (still going to wait for more videos of it though). I absolutely adore the first Condemned game (100% the game :P) and if it's more like that I'll be very happy with this game.

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I generally hate first-person games where all you do is hide (fuck Outlast) but I'm fine if it's third-person (like Clocktower). Can't figure out why that is. 

September 8, 2016 at 6:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Lots of news pouring out during the week of TGS 2016. First of all Capcom announced the following pre order bonus items:

They also confirmed although the is bonus items with retail pre-orders there will be NO! microtransactions. (Hallelujah!)

These images also leaked, the Texas Chainsaw rip off. Which features a new character. Possibly Lucas?

As well as a new shot of the wall in the telephone room. I knew there was something off about this wall and those symbols were no coincidence. Get your hatchet's ready!

1st image: There are also these magazine scans which features the screenshot from above (TCM dinner scene) where you can see what appears to be Clancy tied up on the right (I thought he died?) and on the far left what I assumed to have been Spencer in a flashback scene well this person appears to be in the present day and those leaked rumours seem to have been correct because to me this character looks female.

2nd image: Potentially massive spoilers here but the picture on the middle right looks to me like Jack Baker laying dead on the floor. 

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 14, 2016 at 6:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

The Bakers at the dinner table does resemble that scene from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Marguerite sort of reminds me a little of Luda Mae Hewitt from the 2003 remake of TCM.
Did anybody notice the little girl in the corner in the background where Marguerite and I'm assuming, Andre is? The same girl from the RE7 box art?

September 14, 2016 at 8:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

comicbooknerd

ResiEvilChic96 at September 14, 2016 at 8:23 PM

The Bakers at the dinner table does resemble that scene from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Marguerite sort of reminds me a little of Luda Mae Hewitt from the 2003 remake of TCM.
Did anybody notice the little girl in the corner in the background where Marguerite and I'm assuming, Andre is? The same girl from the RE7 box art?

Ahh nice, I hadn't notice the little girl in the image, good spot!

September 16, 2016 at 4:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy

Gah the new trailer is..uh..i don't know haha :). It looks like some indy horror Texas Chainsaw style game. It may turn out to be the best horror game of all time(with capcom's writing?..yeah right :)) but i don't like what i see so far..this is not Resident Evil

September 16, 2016 at 12:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

SarahLy at September 16, 2016 at 12:04 PM

Gah the new trailer is..uh..i don't know haha :). It looks like some indy horror Texas Chainsaw style game. It may turn out to be the best horror game of all time(with capcom's writing?..yeah right :)) but i don't like what i see so far..this is not Resident Evil

This isn't really Capcom's writing. The writer behind this game did Spec Ops: The Line. I think it looks absolutely fantastic so far, the perfect kick up the ass the series needs to regain its spot as the premier survival horror franchise (granted, there aren't many out there anymore). The Bakers look like genuinely creepy antagonists, something the series hasn't really had since arguably the first game.

I said before that I'm more excited for this game than I have been for some time, and that stands.

September 17, 2016 at 6:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Thanks for posting here, and I'll quickly add that while the atmosphere & tone I adore for being pure Resident Evil to me, the specific blatant rip-off of the Texas Chainsaw Masacre family dinner is a negative, before I also add a bit of CHE housekeeping and mention that this thread is for Combat & Story spoliers only. Any general news & trailer updates should be posted in the Resident Evil News thread

September 18, 2016 at 4:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

A lot of my RE friends on deviantART are saying the same thing, it's too much of a vibe to TCM and that of PT, and many are still confused as to how this is RE related apart from some pointing out they could be infected with something or even completely insane. Someone even said it has an Outlast vibe about it, to me, it's looking interesting.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

September 18, 2016 at 7:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Kinda of a spoiler here we see Jack looking fairly normal.

Here we see Jack on fire.

Here we see Jack post the fire. I always assumed it was a virus that caused his skin to flay like that however it could potentially be due to the effects of being burnt.

I am guessing this bag plays a signifcant role. It seem's out of place in this house for a start. Also it obviously hints that the bag could play a role in keeping your items in similar to The Last of us.

Derelict home recordings for June. Could this be what the photo of the Umbrella helicopter was reffering to? 'Are they watching us?' Or could this simply be tapes from the backpack of Clancy.

Another Texas Chainsaw rip-off.

You just know he is getting back up. He hasnt even been burned yet.

I feel like there should be something important here but cant see anything of note.

Nice observation ResiEvilChic99 it does look like someone or something is standing there although I dont know if that is a human being. Could potentially be a statue? I am glad you brought up that girl though as she has been over shadowed by the Baker family and I forgot about her. I guess the Spencer theory is out then. Such a shame as that was the only thing storywise which had me interested in this game.

I think RE7 looks like a good horror game. However it looks like a shit RE game to me. I love Resident Evil 5 so dont bother with the 'well you asked for horror' bullshit because all I ever wanted from this series was a great story. I would in no way sacrifice the story for gameplay. I havent wrote this game off completley however it is still early and we dont know anything about the main story yet and I hear there WILL be cameos so I will wait for its release before I completley condem it however until then I am not that interested. There is another project which I am truly HYPED for and that would be Vendetta.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 18, 2016 at 7:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187

We have all been waiting for a resident evil game for 5 years and Capcom has finally announced the newly anticipated Resident Evil 7. I have to say I am so excited with the new approach Capcom has taken with this Resident Evil game and the little bit of gameplay they have shown looks incredible, I know there are people out there that do not like what Capcom has done with this game but personally I am really loving it and I cannot wait to get my hands on this game it has been quite a year for Resident Evil from HD releases to a new CGI film, to a new numbered game of the series. It has been a hell of year for Resident Evil fans and Capcom and I have a feeling there will be more surprises to come from Capcom that I am certain of.

--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

September 18, 2016 at 8:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Saw this link on reddit that reveals some details and possible spoilers about RE7 from Biohazard France. One of the details does reveal two characters from past games having cameos.

December 13, 2016 at 3:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

ResiEvilChic96 at December 13, 2016 at 3:32 PM

Saw this link on reddit that reveals some details and possible spoilers about RE7 from Biohazard France. One of the details does reveal two characters from past games having cameos.

"cameos" is going a bit far eh ResiEvilChic? :P Would have been satisfying to have one or two character appearences from the back-catalogue, not just a name in some random file with no real impact :(

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

December 18, 2016 at 1:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

James Marcus at December 18, 2016 at 1:51 PM

ResiEvilChic96 at December 13, 2016 at 3:32 PM

"cameos" is going a bit far eh ResiEvilChic? :P Would have been satisfying to have one or two character appearences from the back-catalogue, not just a name in some random file with no real impact :(

The reddit link refers to them as "written cameos" as probably I should have specified on the cameos part but oh well. I was happy to see my favorite character from outbreak in there despite it being a written cameo. 
 I doubt they would leak out physical cameos in the game just yet if there are returning characters. I'm having to take whatever I hear with a grain salt b/c of mistranslations and false leads. 

December 18, 2016 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

There is alot of information out there at the moment and it is impossible to authenticate. There are rumours of Chris and Jessica having cameos in the game which would be fantastic mainly because with Jessica involved that would mean Tricell. However the source for this information seem's abit sketchy to me. It apparently leaked via a disgruntled Capcom marketing employee who was laid off from work just recently. He leaked alot of information along with the cameos. On one hand I think its complete nonsense but on the other you never know. I remember people claiming the RE6 logo was a fake as well as the plot leak regarding Carla and the whole Ada clone situation. You have to take it all with a pinch of salt and just have fun with it. The best part about all this is people are talking and its been too long since the community has been this invested.

Heres a link to the video containing the cameo leak I reffered too. I have had a few conversations where people have become quite debatable about theories and rumours. It shows that people are still passionate which is great but please just remember its all in the name of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ery2XYGXbT8

As well as all the above there was apparently a commerical in Japan with the classic 'Resident Evil' voice over. The guy posting the video states that it sounds very similar to the one from Resident Evil 6. Capcom previously stated the voice will not be returning but it could be subject to change. Since we are in contact with Ward Sexton who voiced the screen calling for 90% of the titles and stated he recorded the lines from 0-10 for Capcom for future refference. I will contact Ward and see if this is his work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F7btC6jEV8&t=2s

--

December 18, 2016 at 6:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.