CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > RE7 Shirt Clues

ResiEvilChic96

The devs had said there are secrets or clues of RE7 in this shirt that was at E3 2016:

I have noticed some things such as weapons including double barrel shotgun, a sickle, a handgun and those bottles. comicbooknerd posted the image from the e-mail from the re ambassador program on here showing the health items and coin:

One of the bottles from that ambassador newsletter seems to match the bottles on the shirt image.
I have also noticed a fetus in the shirt image too. There was also this image from the re7 trailer of a woman holding a baby?

Anyway I'm sure there are more clues or things to find but just wanted to start a topic on this.  Anybody else find anything or have theories so far?

August 5, 2016 at 3:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Nice post REchic. I have seen this t shirt cirtulating the internet today. The shirt is on Ebay but for a quite hefty price.

Here is a list of what I can see: Pitch fork, sickle, barbed wire, branches, spider web, dreamcatcher, house from the poster cover, left of the house appears to be the plantation/factory, the bottles, the fetus, two claws, what appears to be a clock?, a hatchet, handgun, shotgun oh and shears at the very top. Are those hearts at the top left? There also seem's to be  big knife. I think the top line are all farm related tools.

Some good stuff in there.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

August 5, 2016 at 6:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

The hearts you are asking about look like barrels to me, I tried enlarging it but it comes out really blurry. It does look like all the items in the top line are farm related. I've been trying to look at what is surrounding the round circle that looks like a stain glass design. It looks like something's around it and I can't tell what it is. Starting to wonder if the face is either the man/woman holding either a baby or dog in that one link I have in the first post or this image:

The clock image looks like it has a stick/rod attached to it. Not really sure if that's a clock either. The spiderweb looks to have a fly in it. Could the fetus be symbolic for Lucas, the bad seed son of Jack and Marguerite Baker? Lots of stuff to look at but we'll see how it all comes together when the game drops!

August 6, 2016 at 12:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

BSAArklay at August 5, 2016 at 6:45 PM

Nice post REchic. I have seen this t shirt cirtulating the internet today. The shirt is on Ebay but for a quite hefty price.

Here is a list of what I can see: Pitch fork, sickle, barbed wire, branches, spider web, dreamcatcher, house from the poster cover, left of the house appears to be the plantation/factory, the bottles, the fetus, two claws, what appears to be a clock?, a hatchet, handgun, shotgun oh and shears at the very top. Are those hearts at the top left? There also seem's to be  big knife. I think the top line are all farm related tools.

Some good stuff in there.

You know what I think those are hearts after all and that one circle I thought was a round stained glass window looks to be a wheel with spokes like that of a wheelchair?

August 6, 2016 at 1:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy

Thing is it's hard to search for clues when we don't have a hook in the trailers so far. we don't  know any of the people, the virus, the scope of the game(just in a small rural town?), so meh

August 6, 2016 at 5:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I love this type of 'investigative' thread; investigation was as much a part of Resident Evil PS1 for me as the survival horror. ResiEvilChic99 when I saw that spiral pattern the first image that came to mind was the iconic G-virus mutation - third eye:

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

August 6, 2016 at 8:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CC

These are inverted in Photoshop. Sometimes it can help draw things out:

photo RE7TShirt_zpswyu7wt8o.jpg

photo BabyRE7_zpsum8nuj0e.jpg

The picture of the baby looks like it has been scorched by fire.

August 6, 2016 at 8:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96
Thank you CC for that image! It does come out a bit clearer! I do agree with you that the baby looks to be scorched in the pic.GeorgeTrevor, that is a good point about the eye! Didn't think of that!
August 6, 2016 at 9:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Magical Koalas

I tried to get my friend to grab one of these shirts for me at SDCC, since they were also handing these out there. They had no luck unfortunately as everyone else also wanted the shirt and to try out the "Kitchen" demo in VR! :(

So what I see is a very sinister looking face snarling at us between the factory/sugar mill looking establishment on the far upper left and the tree branching over the plantation home. I also see what I think is maybe an open and set bear trap (just my interpretation, I could be very wrong) on the upper right after the leaning tree with the fly(?) in the web and the stump. Hilariously I believe the clock is stuck at 7:35 (they really love stuffing the number 7 in as much as they can, huh). Towards the bottom under the face it looks like there are hairdressers scissors (the kind with the hook on the end). I also think I see words in the branches on the left under what I agree to be the wheel chair wheel, but it could just be my brain trying to make sense of it all :)  What y'all are thinking are hearts in the top right look to me like gross bugs crawling out of a hard shell-like thing, kinda like a Nautilus would. They aren't quite the right shape for a human heart imo, but that could very well change with whatever virus they have this game. 

Great find ResiEvilChic99! :)

August 6, 2016 at 10:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Magical Koalas

Ah! I have to add that I also see a lantern at the top middle right! This makes me extremely excited for the game since this can create and build such an amazing horror atmosphere :D especially with the game being in first person! Hopefully the lantern won't have mechanics similar to the lantern bit in RE5... That was such a disappointment.

August 6, 2016 at 11:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Some nice observations here. I have to agree on second thought the wheel symbol looks alot like a wheel from a wheel chair or it coul also be an eye like GT pointed out one of a G creature. Also nice find with the lantern I didnt notice that one. Hopefully that wheel chair guy is Spencer even a flashback would be awesome. I feel like he got the shaft in RE5 so it would be nice to get more on him even post his death. I always got the feeling that he played Wesker and everyone in 5 and had something up his sleeve. Perhaps an elaborate scheme to die and be reborn much like Wesker and Alex. I found it hard to believe that a man who thrived for as long as he did, always one step ahead and leader of the pack would meet his demise in such a feble way. Is it possible that Spencer had a child who is involved in RE7? That would give us a reason to revisit Ozwell in flashbacks. Also if Natalia plays a role in this game and even Jake. Spencer is the key to the series in alot of ways so to restablish the story and Umbrella he would be a key element.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

August 7, 2016 at 9:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Magical Koalas

The only place I found a lantern in the TAPE-1 Desolation trailer was attatched to the enemy dragging our guy (since we see the leg in first person) and carrying the girl on his shoulder. Sorry if the picture I included is low quality, it's just a screen cap I took from the trailer.

On the person in the wheel chair, I thought the silouette looked very feminine. Especially if you watch the trailer on full brightness you can really make out some features on the face, and at least to me they are very soft and feminine. I do understand that Spencer was very frail when we last saw him in 5 and if it isn't a flash back, he could likely be a rolling skeleton by now if he had no physical mutation. I could actually see him coming back because like you say, CrimsonElder , he plays a vital role in the series roots. He was doing his own experimentation with trying to create his own virus after Alex betrayed him. His trusted butler Patrick thought it was odd that he wanted the information of his location leaked to Albert Wesker. Spencer also forced Patrick to leave before Albert arrived and only kept around everyone he no longer trusted and his failed experiments, most likely because he knew that Albert would kill everyone in the mansion. Seems highly suspicious if you think about it. He might have needed to die to activate the virus he created, and also having everyone believe he is dead would help him in the long run with his plans "to be a god". Just some thoughts :)

August 7, 2016 at 3:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Oh yeah very keen eye there MK. Thats some good spotting. That would suck if it is not Spencer to be honest. It would be abit of a cock tease right there.

First of all his looks resemble Spencer with the hair and what looks like a robe and then obviously the wheel chair. But let's not forget about the fact that he is sitting directly infront of an arch way which is identical to that of the Arklay Mansion and also the Spencer Estate. It has that classic George Trevor design which Spencer seemed to have loved his style. It always confuses me why they had Spencer kill GT because he seem's to be a massive fan of his work. Notice the glass window at the top of th stair case as well. This not not either the Arklay or Europe mansion because the European Spencer estate has no window at the top of the staircase. The Arklay mansion has no window on the left hand side of the mansion. We can safley assume that Spencer has more than two mansions though. I was waiting for another one to crop up. For me its the perfect way to continue the main story without having the main heroes as the cast.

--

August 7, 2016 at 5:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

BSAArklay at August 7, 2016 at 5:11 PM

Oh yeah very keen eye there MK. Thats some good spotting. That would suck if it is not Spencer to be honest. It would be abit of a cock tease right there.

First of all his looks resemble Spencer with the hair and what looks like a robe and then obviously the wheel chair. But let's not forget about the fact that he is sitting directly infront of an arch way which is identical to that of the Arklay Mansion and also the Spencer Estate. It has that classic George Trevor design which Spencer seemed to have loved his style. It always confuses me why they had Spencer kill GT because he seem's to be a massive fan of his work. Notice the glass window at the top of th stair case as well. This not not either the Arklay or Europe mansion because the European Spencer estate has no window at the top of the staircase. The Arklay mansion has no window on the left hand side of the mansion. We can safley assume that Spencer has more than two mansions though. I was waiting for another one to crop up. For me its the perfect way to continue the main story without having the main heroes as the cast.

Is the fact that Trevor knows about the secret biological weapon laboratory beneath the mansion not reason enough for Spencer to want to kill him? Or the fact that Spencer decided to use Trevor's family as guinea pigs? To be honest, if Spencer had let him live it would have been a big surprise.

August 9, 2016 at 10:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Magical Koalas: Those do look like scissors and I been trying to find out what's around the wheel circle. I certainly do not recommend looking at this  late at night with sleepy eyes, the things you think you see! LOL
CrimsonElder: Do we know if the person in the wheelchair is a man or woman? Does the right arm look off? Not trying to discredit  it being Spencer being that it does look like a flashback in that scene. 

August 9, 2016 at 11:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CC

Alright, kids. I took a screen cap and ran it through photoshop and put a spotlight on the sucker. I don't know about you, but it looks like Spencer to me. Look at the balding head.

photo Spencer_zpsmozoxnwp.png

August 9, 2016 at 2:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

CC at August 9, 2016 at 2:19 PM

Alright, kids. I took a screen cap and ran it through photoshop and put a spotlight on the sucker. I don't know about you, but it looks like Spencer to me. Look at the balding head.

photo Spencer_zpsmozoxnwp.png

Thanks for the screencap! It does resemble Spencer some, just trying to get a gander at the background. Nice screenshot!
August 9, 2016 at 5:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Yeah great work CC the balding hair is even more proof that this HAS to be our old friend Oswell. With everything that has gone on with RE7 I hope this is actually Oswell and its not just a throw away one second flashback because this is what I am most excited about for this game. I feel like the Umbrella/Spencer angle did not have a proper burial and that was my only gripe with RE5. It will be very interesting to revisit Spencer and Umbrella without the likes of Chris, Jill and Wesker.

--

August 9, 2016 at 5:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

comicbooknerd

George Trevor at August 6, 2016 at 8:08 PM

I love this type of 'investigative' thread; investigation was as much a part of Resident Evil PS1 for me as the survival horror. ResiEvilChic99 when I saw that spiral pattern the first image that came to mind was the iconic G-virus mutation - third eye:

Was exactly my same thought too!

August 12, 2016 at 3:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

comicbooknerd

I remember seeing these shirts come up on ebay shortly after E3 for stupidly large sums of money. At the time they strook me as being odd and I sort of expected there to be some clues in them but I hadnt spotted anywhere near as many as mentioned in this thread. Great work everyone so far! In all honesty, I like this sort of thing Capcom are doing, almost like an augmented reality game. Hiding clues in the "real world" connected to the game, very cool. I hope we see more of this. Actual puzzles and clues, wow, who would have thought Capcom would go back to that!

August 12, 2016 at 3:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.