CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > Alyson Court & Lisa Jai Interview

George Trevor
Site Owner

Crimson Head Elder proudly presents to all its residents and the wider global Resident Evil community an exclusive worthy of Resident Evil's 20th anniversary. Alyson Court, Claire Redfield actress for fifteen years, series icon, series legend, and Lisa Jai, Toronto Unsung Hero award winner & actress for Sherry Birkin, will BOTH be our very special star guests on the Crimson Head Elder Podcast E3 Special, for an exclusive 'Claire & Sherry reunion' joint-interview!

Alyson Court, Claire Redfield in all our hearts for almost two decades, voice-over & motion capture director, iconic children's television actress and film producer; will be joining voice of beloved Sherry Birkin, Lisa Jai, theatre and independent film actress, recently nominated for a Best Acting Ensemble Ovation Award, and also awarded in recognition for her advocacy in support of performers with disabilities.

All residents are now invited to celebrate this most special Resident Evil 2 reunion, with E3 on the horizon, and post questions for our podcast star guests. Any questions you would like to ask both Alyson Court and Lisa Jai can be posted below, to be asked during E3, live on our exclusive podcast interview:

June 2, 2016 at 6:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vito

To both:

1.- How did you came to know the series?

2.- Have you played any game in the series?

3.- If so what's your favorite and why?

June 2, 2016 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Cannot thank Lisa and Alyson enough for agreeing to do this - CHE has realy outdone itself this time!!! I am so hyped cant think of any questions just yet lol

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

June 2, 2016 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

WiskUK

For real? This is the bomb. So both artists will be on the podcast together or are they going to be interviewed individually? Can I ask both artists please if they were given reasons by Capcom why they were not chosen to carry on their roles?

--

Take the Green Herb?

June 2, 2016 at 9:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Deep breaths.. I am composed now :P I was devestated when I learnt that Alyson had not been chosen to reprise her role as Claire. What the hell were Capcom thinking? Have they made amends for the remake of RE2?

--

June 2, 2016 at 9:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bl00dy3y3
I'm in shock! This is going to be extremely interesting to hear what these lovely ladies have too say! Alyson Questions - 1. As time went on, did you feel your performance changed at all? If so, in what way? 2. What do you feel you brought too the character of Claire Redfield? 3. Did Capcom allow you to make any adjustments in your performance as Claire over the years? 4. Finally, were you approached to do voice work for Eliza Walker in Resident Evil 1,5? Questions for Lisa - 1. What do you think of the similarities between you're character of Sherry Birkin and that of Newt from ALIENS? 2. Were you asked to do any voice work for RE 1.5 as Sherry? 3. When was the first time you realized how beloved your work in RE2 was? 4. Do you have any funny stories regarding your performance whilst recording? 5. Do you have any thoughts on the odd relationship between the mutated William Birkin and Sherry? Well, that's all I can think of for now. I can't wait to hear this podcast!
June 2, 2016 at 10:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vossk

Awesome!
I'll really like to know how was their first experience with the series, any interesting anecdotes during the recording sessions?

For Allyson: how do you felt about returning in Darkside Chronicles and redo some dialogues? What's your favorite character or maybe enemy from the games?

Claire is one of my favorite characters, and RE2 - CV are my favorite RE titles ever! And now... I don't know what else to ask! :P

June 2, 2016 at 10:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Biohazard Valkryie
For Alyson. 1) Who is your favorite male and female character? 2)Did you ever think the love for the character Claire to return would be so huge? 3)What is your favorite Resident Evil game? 4)What particular moment when voicing Claire did you enjoy? 5)Who do you pair her with? (please dont say Steve)
--

"Obedience breeds discipline, discipline breeds unity, unity breeds power, power is life."

From the ashes of the phoenix, Umbrella shall rise again.

June 2, 2016 at 10:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hank Foreman

I had to make an account because of this opportunity. 2 questions for Alyson & 1 question for both.

1 (for both). How does it feel to be part of a game that's right up there with Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Crash Bandicoot, & Castlevania Symphony of the Night (just to name a few) as one of the most famous PS1 games of all time?

2 (for Alyson). Was there any attempt to add a Comfy Couch reference to any Resident Evil game?

3 (for Alyson). What's your opinion on the person who took over the voice of Claire from you (James Baker who's real identity might be Danielle Nicolett)?

June 2, 2016 at 10:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sh0wh0st

How did you guys feel about working with the RE staff, including Hideki Kamiya?

June 2, 2016 at 11:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Welsh

You should ask Lisa if she recorded the dialogue for Sherry in the previous version (1.5.)

--

June 3, 2016 at 3:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

The lurker is back ...

Congrats on getting these two for the CHE podcast!

I'd like to ask how they usually prepare for their roles (any voice over roles really) and whether it was easy to get into the overall RE mood to portray the characters as authentic as possible.

--

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
When you're good at something, never do it for free ...
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

June 3, 2016 at 5:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

troper2004

Hello I'm a fan of Alyson Court for all my life. I really hope you come back as Claire Redfield. I'm a follower of you at twitter for years.

My questions are: Have you traveled to mexico sometime and can you send me a hello "hola" in Spanish?

June 3, 2016 at 11:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

osmar

A hello for both girls. Thank you for always cheering me up with your amazing acting!

My question is do you collect memorabilia from the Resident Evil games, e.g magazines, toys, action figures or comic books?

June 3, 2016 at 12:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Krisi

Alyson court has been a big inspiration in my life! In my younger teen years (12-16) I was into voice acting all because of her. I even got an expensive mic for that crystal clear audio, haha. Her voice is just so unique and soothing, I really aspired to find that in my own voice. And I did! So I have a huge 'thank you' for her! 

Now for a fun question for the two of them, which enemy would you be most afraid of in the Resident evil universe? 

--

June 3, 2016 at 6:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ashley Vala

Oh my gosh this is so exciting! my questions are for Alyson!

What (if any) is your advice to those seeking to do voice acting? 

If Capcom were to invite you back for the RE2 Remake, would you say yes?? :) 

xo Much love

June 3, 2016 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

A proper reunion between two iconic characters that went through hell together that was long overdue. Thank you so much.

My questions for Alyson.

1. Have you ever rode any type of motorcycle? As your character Claire is known to love bikes.

2. If you were in Claire's place during that fateful night during the Raccoon City incident, is there anything you would have said or done differently to Sherry than the actions she did and things she said in the game?

3. My main driving force for buying Darkside Chronicles was because I knew you were voicing Claire again. I loved your voice as always, but did you feel that Darkside Chronicles had too many lines and that some of those lines were quite silly? It sadly did a bit of damage for me personally for Claire in that release.

Thinking of some questions for Lisa at the moment.

June 4, 2016 at 12:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Two wonderful ladies with great love from fans all over the world. It is a pleasure to have them joining us and sharing with us their details about what it was like working in RE2 together.

Question time:

1: Have you two ever see each other during the making or recording of Resident Evil 2?

2: How did you two find each other again after all this time? Alyson, did you yell 'Sherry!' and Lisa, did you shout 'Claire!' and then embraced one another?

3: Was there anything you can recall that was funny while working with Capcom?

4: What are your thoughts of them remastering Resident Evil 2? Are you both hoping they will not change too much of it from what you remember while working on it with Capcom?

5: What are your favorite movies?

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

June 4, 2016 at 2:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Welsh at June 3, 2016 at 3:23 AM

You should ask Lisa if she recorded the dialogue for Sherry in the previous version (1.5.)

Good question, I want to know this too, and would Alyson have voiced any dialogue for Elza Walker?

--

June 5, 2016 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bl00dy3y3

James Marcus at June 5, 2016 at 5:02 PM

Welsh at June 3, 2016 at 3:23 AM

Good question, I want to know this too, and would Alyson have voiced any dialogue for Elza Walker?

I already asked those two questions in my post. It's doubtful, but it would be interesting to see if they were hired before the total revamp of RE2.
June 6, 2016 at 2:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.