CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Biohazard's End

SamuraiEdge

I want to discuss all about the Biohazard timeline finally wrapping up and get views along the lines of... Do you think the end is on the horizon or do you feel as long as the series is still selling they will keep coming up with new mythos? How do you envision the end wrapping things up? How do you want the end to wrap things up? Do you want things to be wrapped up? Do you feel things should have already ended with a particular title?

May 27, 2016 at 1:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

I cant really state how I think the series will end now because I am not really sure where the story is headed or even what is left of it.

I can however say that I think the series should have ended with RE5. Sheva should have died, Chris should have tackled Wesker into the lava in a sacrifice for Jill who did the same for him in LIN. Jill rides off into the sunset. Wesker, Spencer, Tricell and Umbrella all the major players dead. However then RE6 decided to rear its ugly head.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

May 27, 2016 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

WiskUK

I feel the series should have ended the "Umbrella" narrative line with Resident Evil 4 paving the way for a reboot for 5. Wesker should have died at the end of 4, with possibly with one of the good guys. I remember when Resident Evil meant inovative and groundbreaking, but now it limps lamely from one disaster to another. Is anyone really interested anymore with what happens to these old characters that Capcom have driven thru the mud for so many years now? The only redeemable feature of Resident Evil 7 so far IMO is that it seems to be a reboot.

--

Take the Green Herb?

June 28, 2016 at 10:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

I really think I would have liked that ending CrimsonElder, with Chris tackling Wesker into the lava to repay Jill for doing the same thing back at the estate. Not sure about if I would have liked it to end with 5 though. I personally never saw Wesker as the main driving force behind the story and his death wouldn't have impacted all the events that were set into motion after Raccoon.

Given how some of the stories have been progressing after 5 I can see why you would have wanted it to end. I'm really, really hoping they have some grand thing in mind to wrap everything up. It's quite the undertaking to think about it now with new entries from games/novels/plays/movies/mangas are creating so many more unresolved issues.

I admittedly am still very much interest in the characters Morpheus. Though I can see how it is me getting suckered in every new title or thing that pops up. Past Gun Survivor 4 Heroes Never Die I started to lose a bit of interest, thankfully for 5 for regaining my passion for the history in the series. After 5 though, nothing really did it for me yet. The characters is what keeps me hooked now. My main driving force of buying 6 was Sherry, Revelations 2 was for the return of Claire and Barry, Biohazard the stage play because of Rebecca. Seeing how these characters lives were impacted and how they are still continuing to struggle keeps my interest. I enjoy seeing them age and what they are currently up to. I would be open to new characteres being introduced. The characters and the universe still have me hooked and likely will for quite some time, this is all thanks to the powerful foundation of the originals though. I'm still riding that wave.

It's also all the attention to detail, even in the newer ones that fuel my passion, largely thanks to all the supplemental material. Reading about all the after effects of the mansion incident, the environmental damage, the effect on the tourism and industry of Raccoon City. It's these details that I love about the story and the universe they are crafting.

June 29, 2016 at 9:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

I think Capcom Should have ended this series with Resident Evil 3 or at least began a fresh new direction with all new characters and location with a rebooted RE4. Raccoon City's destruction FFS - come on people what more do you need for 'biohazard's end'? Outbreak could have been there as the ultimate Raccoon City outbreak story and then RE4 would have been the reset button. I wouldnt have even called it 'Resident Evil' but a new franchise in the survival horror genre which could have used RE easter egg inclusions for the oldr fans as a head nod to the old skool past but everything else should have been a new IP.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

August 23, 2016 at 6:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CC

James Marcus at August 23, 2016 at 6:38 PM

I think Capcom Should have ended this series with Resident Evil 3 or at least began a fresh new direction with all new characters and location with a rebooted RE4. Raccoon City's destruction FFS - come on people what more do you need for 'biohazard's end'? Outbreak could have been there as the ultimate Raccoon City outbreak story and then RE4 would have been the reset button. I wouldnt have even called it 'Resident Evil' but a new franchise in the survival horror genre which could have used RE easter egg inclusions for the oldr fans as a head nod to the old skool past but everything else should have been a new IP.

Finally! Someone who understands me. I agree completely and totally! Resident Evil was the trilogy. The series died with the destruction of Raccoon City. Everything else after that has ranged from a mild embarrassment to a total disaster. 

August 23, 2016 at 7:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

QUOTE CC: "Finally! Someone who understands me. I agree completely and totally! Resident Evil was the trilogy. The series died with the destruction of Raccoon City. Everything else after that has ranged from a mild embarrassment to a total disaster."

Well some years ago I would have been all over this opinion, trashing it as an unambitious and sad end to a series that could continue to surpass Clock Tower, Dead Space & Silent Hill. But CC is completely right for me when she refers to all that followed the games which covered Raccoon City as ranging from mild embarrassment at best to total disaster at worst! I will let her off for forgetting to exclude the wonderful Code: Veronica and Dead Aim from the list of post RE3 travesties because like my alpha male Huskies I am still submissive to females.

But my opinion now is one of hindsight, looking back over the past misdemeanors, because I still contend that Yasihisa Kawamura's vision for Resident Evil 4 with the 'Hallucination' gameplay style and the 'Castle/Fog' build were pure Survival Horror yet still had a sense of moving the series forward with unique vision, unlike the released product we got that sowed the seeds for the total unfocused mess that was to follow, and has yet to change.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

August 25, 2016 at 2:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

"total unfocused mess that was to follow, and has yet to change." Is this really true?

In Umbrella Chronicles Wesker says he'll flood the black market with t-Virus.

Darkside Chronicles shows up that terrorist is getting the hands on Umbrella's viruses.

Degeneration Builds up Tricell, the fact that other pharmaceutical companies and terrorist have access to the Viruses Umbrella made and brings up the fact that the US is in on Umbrellas wrong doings.

Rev1 and all of its related material builds up Tricell and bioterrorists getting their hands on the same viruses and making new ones.

RE5 and all its related material builds up Tricell and terrorist.

Damnation is BOWs being used in Warzones

Rev2 kills off Tricell and makes Wesker 2.0.

RE6 is back to terrorist, the US involvement, pharmaceutical companies getting hands on viruses, and BOWs used in Warzones.

Umbrella Corps is pharmaceutical companies testing BOWs, equipment, and getting their hands on data to make vaccines for viruses.

Idk about anyone else, and I'm not saying all of these are perfect, but I think they are useing the same themes.

To me it's no different then RE1-3 useing Raccoon City, and the spinoffs adding on more plot lines or building off of them. Survivor came from Leon's "it's up to us to take out Umbrella line." After all.

Dead Aim started our terrorist plots, and everything else just added onto it. Just like RE3 added the US involvement and everything added onto it. Or Code Veronica added on that other pharmaceutical companies had Umbrella's products. All this new stuff is just building on what we have been given in the past what i can tell.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

August 25, 2016 at 4:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy

We, the players, know too much about the timeline already, and every major character is not a green shocked rookie but  a veteran of several outbreaks/incidents, you cant really have say  chris explore another mansion after all he's been through.

The only logical way to move forward in this timeline is to  have all the franchise players together in an epic around the world game. RE6 sucked but maybe they can nail it with re8 or something

August 26, 2016 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

I think the series need to evolve...but I don't think there should be a reboot or something like that, here are my ideas:

• Due to a combination of age and injuries suffered (namely those suffered in his fights against Albert Wesker and the ones caused by th Napad in Edonia) Chris is forced to desk job, serving as the new BSAA director or as a weapon and hand o hand instructor. Chris had already suffered injuries in his right hand, and so started to preferring his left in RE6.
  • Jill: Retires as well and settles down with Chris it's now or never, they aren't as young anymore...
  • Leon still has some fuel left, but his age forces him to wind down his fighting style, therefore, he has to let the young ones take the hardest missions. A good opportunity to introduce a Leon protegée.
  • Helena: It's ok by me if she disappears.
  • New protagonist: unexperienced people just like the ones shown in RE7, maybe with some former protagonists cameos in short (5-10 minutes) action stages in whiche we see them wreck it all.
  • Natalia Korda: Her future as Alex Wesker would be a perfect plot for Rev 3 or RE7. Kills all of Barry's family except Moira when she leaves their house? now we have a perfect vengeance plot.
  • The Family: Silly plot imho, close it asap...

These are some of my oppinions, hope you liked them.

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

August 28, 2016 at 5:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Xarls it's extremely heartening to see you back in the mansion you've graced so loyaly in the past, with some of our most popular threads. I particularily like your semi-retirement plans for Chris, who I see becomng wiser and more considered with time & his experiences, resembleing  more avuncular character, like the FBC's Clive O'Brian.

It's the plot and gameplay, not the character that will drive the series forward and define how it progresses, reboot or otherwise. But the characters don't necessarily have to change for me - Barry Burton was a wonderful choice for Revelations 2 and worked perfectly with a younger partner offering a very different skill-set, and there is a wealth of past 'extended family' characters, not the main protagonists, but so much potential to tap into if the series wanted to switch things up a bit whilst keeping links to the past. It feels so cliche now to mention some of these guys but I would love to see the return of the following as a main protagonist - Carlos Oliveira, Hunk, or the most valuable for answering significant series un-answered questions and for the series narrative as a whole, Ada Wong; or perhaps she'd be the main antagonist...

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

September 5, 2016 at 12:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.