CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > RESIDENTS FILES > Howdy

comicbooknerd

Hi everyone, I've posted a few times already but thought I would stop by here and just introduce myself. I'm from the UK and like you guys, I'm a bit of a Resi fan. Im a collector of all things related to the games and at some point when I have the time I will upload my collection. I've been adding to it slowly for around the last 10 years or so and while it may not be the biggest collection out there, I am really proud of what I have tracked down over the years.

Some of you may know me from various forums over the years and if any of you go onto RECentre at all, from time to time you may see some articles I've written.

Anyway, thats me in a nutshell, happy to be here and hope to engage in some good old zombie chit chat with you guys here!

May 24, 2016 at 11:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Welcome to the site CBN. Looking forward to seeing your collection. So what comics are you into? I been buying a few myself recently. Mainly Star Wars, Deadpool and videogame/horror movies ones.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

May 24, 2016 at 2:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

comicbooknerd

BSAArklay at May 24, 2016 at 2:11 PM

Welcome to the site CBN. Looking forward to seeing your collection. So what comics are you into? I been buying a few myself recently. Mainly Star Wars, Deadpool and videogame/horror movies ones.

At the moment I'm very much into my Crossed. I don't know why I keep reading it but I can't get enough, I think there may be something wrong with me! I've also just picked up the final Issue of Fight Club 2 which is fantastic and I'm still going through a series called The Massive. When I first got into comics I was all about the superhero stuff, but in recent years ive moved away from those quite a bit. It's incredible how many different types of comics there are these days!
May 24, 2016 at 3:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

I have heard of the Fight Club ones but not the other two. I like the sound of Crossed though. Only problem with comics is once you missed the first one unless you are willing to spend a fortune you will never catch up. I have been keeping my eye out for a more classy real comic. The best I could find so far is The Walking Dead which btw is miles better than the TV show. I have been collecting alot of Evil Dead ones which arent very good. Deadpool is not what I expected either so far. Been collecting the Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed and Street Fighter comics which are all crap. I know there is a comic out there just for me but I have yet to find it. Walking Dead is about the closest I have come to experiencing something I really enjoy.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

May 24, 2016 at 4:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

comicbooknerd

I read a lot of walking dead, I started reading it around 2007 and really enjoyed it. I stopped reading it maybe around 2 years ago as for me it was the same thing over and over. Find a new safe place. New enemies attack. Zombies get in. Move. Find a new safe place...

I did really enjoy it for a long time and think its been sucsessfull in getting a lot of people interested in comics who perhaps usually wouldnt have.

Crossed for me is just an awesome gorefest. Its definatley the most adult comic iv'e read and if you have kids, deffinatley one to keep out of reach. Each volume of Crossed is an isolated story. Theres little to no connection to previous volumes out there so if you dont get volume 2 you can still pick up volume 3 and you wouldnt know it. Theres also an online one (That has also been printed) called "wish you were here". Its also very good but it is much slower paced with it being an online comic, theres no end point etc as there would be in comics.

The Massive is perhaps something you would enjoy to. Its a more "realistic" comic and not so much fantasy etc. Basicially every natural disaster that can happen, earthquakes, floods, torandos etc all happen all at once. The story of the comics follow the crew of a ship, trying to survive while looking for their sister ship...(sound familiar at all?)

I really like The Massive, if you have a chance to look it up I strongly recommend it. Its a survival story, but a little bit more realistic (As much as every natural disaster occuring can be that is).

May 25, 2016 at 4:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Greetings comicbooknerd really glad to welcome a fellow collector here, and also an amigo from our favourite Spanish Resident Evil website, we are proud to be an affiliate with, built by Michael ChandlerResident Evil Center

Your collecting style sounds like my own, not the biggest, but over many years I've tracked down some long saught after gems. Here's the link for our Forum thread showcasing our residents wonderful Resident Evil collections: Resident Evil Item Box

QUOTE CrimsonElder: "I know there is a comic out there just for me but I have yet to find it. Walking Dead is about the closest I have come to experiencing something I really enjoy"

I have been on this search too man, and agree with you about TWD comics, but I have just hit the same brick wall comicbooknerd has with the narrative simply running out of original & interesting places to go !

I loved the concept of Crossed until it was explained that each comic is a self-contained story, which I could only deal with if there were some continuing side-narratives or continuing character development? It reminds me of a comic I used to read here in England that used to be included as an extra section to a new run of The Eagle comics in the mid 80s (showing my f**king age), and then became a separate comic in its own right a year or so later, called SCREAM. There were some nasty, sinister stories in that, one I remember well of a strict father handcuffing his waywad son to his bed with enough food for the weekend whilst he flew off on a business trip, only for the plane to crash land in an isolated jungle, which the father managed to survive, but only managed to return home to his son 2 months later... OK a dumb story but I was 9 and it scared me as a similar waywad son with an Dad I didnt trust !

I am just about to watch AMC premiere of The Preacher. Any views on the comic?

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

May 25, 2016 at 12:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

comicbooknerd

Hi George, I have seen the collecting section but at the moment I dont have time to go through and photograph it all in a way I will be happy with. I may upload a few overview snaps and then gradually upload individual items that I think may be of interest. For me these days, its getting hard to find items for the collection that dont break the bank!

I really enjoyed what I had with TWD but it just seemed to me a good time to stop. I know I mentioned if before but have a look at The Massive if you can. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Massive_(comics) It has a lot of the elements that I loved about TWD, the survival and fight against other groups, but it is a bit more grounded. I think its one that a lot of people missed out on, but I went into my local comic shop, said to the guy I wanted something post apocalyptic, but believable. I wasnt dissapointed.

I've not heard of the comic you mentioned but it deffinatley sounds of the macarbe. Crossed runs a paper comic series called Badlands. Every so often they compile these into volumes at that tells that story arc for those characters. The overall scenario and issues stays the same each volume but the story is being told from different characters. There are a few storys that link together but for the most part they are isolated. Dont let that put you off though, it is well worth giving any volume a try. The online comic "Wish you were here" which you would probably prefer if thats not your thing.

I usually prefer continuing stories and development etc but after you read crossed I think you will be glad to move on to the next story. It is hyperviolent and the enemies or villains in the books, the crossed are basically a mix of every worse thing a human can be or do all rolled into one. Again, I recommend the series but keep out of reach of kids. Not only is the content graphic, but the context and themes are very adult. I'm not usually one for sticking to that sort of things as such, but If I had kids I would keep these under lock and key!

I've heard good things about Preacher but i've never looked into the comics im afriad. Most the people I know who read it have only really started recently, since the show has been announced.

May 26, 2016 at 4:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

WiskUK

Welcome to the best site around if like me you can't count past (Resident Evil) 4! I just started reading the Tank Girl reboot 2015 which I am very pleased to say brings together the two original writers.

--

Take the Green Herb?

June 12, 2016 at 6:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

WiskUK at June 12, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Welcome to the best site around if like me you can't count past (Resident Evil) 4! I just started reading the Tank Girl reboot 2015 which I am very pleased to say brings together the two original writers.

21st Century Tank Girl keeps the same feel of the originals and it's definitly worth a look for those who missed out on the 90s series. It's a shame this thread has been discussing mostly comics and nobody has mentioned the Resident Evil ones with much enthusiasm!

Hello Comicbooknerd, you a fan of Tank Girl?

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

June 12, 2016 at 7:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

comicbooknerd

NEMESIS at June 12, 2016 at 7:29 PM

WiskUK at June 12, 2016 at 6:22 PM

21st Century Tank Girl keeps the same feel of the originals and it's definitly worth a look for those who missed out on the 90s series. It's a shame this thread has been discussing mostly comics and nobody has mentioned the Resident Evil ones with much enthusiasm!

Hello Comicbooknerd, you a fan of Tank Girl?

Many thanks for all the welcomes, nice to be on a freindly forum!

I read some of the older Tank Girl comics a while ago but in all honesty I havent read any of the newer comics, I'll add them to my list to check out at some point.

I do have almost all of the Resi Comics with the exception of a few issued from the Original Wildstorm runs that I need to pick up when I see them at a reasonable price.

To me, Fire and Ice was aweful ( Biohazard Cactus, ugh), and the last run titled Resident Evil wasnt much better, though it did have some good ideas in my opinion. Im actually fortunate to own a few pages of the original pencils from the latter of those which are really cool to own. I even have a page with Chris in it which I beleive is from the scrapped comic this was originally meant to be.

The Marvel comic set as a prequal to the first game I really liked and the wildstorm comics ( aswell as collection volume 1) I thought had some really good stories in too. I also have the volumes of the Code Veronica comics 1-4 which I really enjoyed. I'd like one day to add the Japanese Code Veronica,3, and 0 comics to my collection but they really are hard to find and cost so much, they may have to wait a while!

One day I'll get round to getting my collection on this site, ill make sure to get some snaps of the comics when I do!

June 13, 2016 at 10:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.