CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > Leila Johnson Exclusive Interview

George Trevor
Site Owner

Leila Johnson, actress for antagonist royalty Alexia Ashford, one of the most iconic female villains in video game history, exclusively stars on the upcoming Crimson Head Elder Villains Podcast. Joining the pernicious Chief of Police Brian Irons actor Gary Krawford both these nafarious series antagonists will see to it that podcast listeners suffer a treacherous treat of insidious icons.

Residents who would like to post questions for Ant Queen Alexia to consider worhty or unworthy of her attention, please post in this thread:
February 19, 2016 at 6:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bl00dy3y3
Another great guest for CHE! My first question for Leila is - Had she played any of the RE games prior too getting cast as Alexia Ashford? Also, has she played any RE games in the series since being in Code: Veronica? Second question What was your favorite line from the game? Finally, What do you think of Alexia's relationship with her brother Alfred?
February 19, 2016 at 7:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

One of my favorite voice actresses! :D I'm so hyped for this interview.

My questions are:

1: Were you the one who sang 'Aleixa's Berceause'? 

2: Were you aware of your role of playing the most iconic female villian of all time, being the most beloved woman ever in Resident Evil history?

3: If you were given a chance to do Alexia again, would you do it?

4: In the Dreamcast version of Code Veronica, Aleixa was able to beat up Albert Wesker, whereas in the alternative versions of it (aka Code Veronica X), Wesker is able to hurt Alexia. Were you surprised they changed that from the original version?

5: What other activities have you been doing as of late? 

6: Did Capcom or any of their producers or guides give you insight about Alexia? Such as a concept art, how she should sound, her relationship with her brother or her family heritage?

7: Now that you know more about Alexia, do you feel that she could have been more useful alive than dead?

I'll think of more later.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

February 19, 2016 at 8:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

1. How was your experience recording for Capcom?

2. Do you remember if Capcom gave you any specific instructions on how to portray Alexia?

3. Was you aware during recording Alexia's earlier lines that it was actually Alfred pretending to be his sister. As the real Alexia did not appear until much later in the game.

4. Did this game remind you of any other projects? For instance the fact that Alfred portrays his sister even dressing up as her reminds me alot of Alfred Hitchcocks Psycho.

5. During you're time recording did you get too meet any other voice actors from the game?

6. You had some of the most iconic moments in the series including Alexia's awakening, Alexia's transformation and fight with Wesker and THAT boss battle. Do you have a favourite moment from the game?

7. Can you tell us the story of how you recieved the role as Alexia?

8. Have you ever been recognised for your role as Alexia or brought it up to someone who you have met who is a Resident Evil fan. Or do you have any friends or family who are fans of the series.

That is all my questions for now I am sure more will come to me.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

February 19, 2016 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Bl00dy3y3 at February 19, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Another great guest for CHE! My first question for Leila is - Had she played any of the RE games prior too getting cast as Alexia Ashford? Also, has she played any RE games in the series since being in Code: Veronica? Second question What was your favorite line from the game? Finally, What do you think of Alexia's relationship with her brother Alfred?

Darn it you got there first lol I want to ask the lovely Ms Johnson what she made of her brother's creepy obsession?

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

February 19, 2016 at 10:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bl00dy3y3

James Marcus at February 19, 2016 at 10:14 PM

Bl00dy3y3 at February 19, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Darn it you got there first lol I want to ask the lovely Ms Johnson what she made of her brother's creepy obsession?

Lol. Sorry. That is one of those moments in RE that makes me wonder.

Did the director tell the VA " now in this scene you are naked, holding your deceased brother, while he's dressed in drag as you. Then your character proceeds to sing a lullaby " ?

February 20, 2016 at 9:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

WiskUK

Was it a greater challenge to have to voice Alexia thu the delusions of another character i.e. her inept brother Alfred?

--

Take the Green Herb?

February 20, 2016 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

I love this site, thank you so much. I actually have a question this time as well.

1. Do you have any relatable characteristic/personality qualities to Alexia Ashford's character?

February 20, 2016 at 7:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

How would you compare the Karen Strassman's Alexia to your own? 

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

February 20, 2016 at 8:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

SamuraiEdge at February 20, 2016 at 7:08 PM

I love this site, thank you so much. I actually have a question this time as well.

1. Do you have any relatable characteristic/personality qualities to Alexia Ashford's character?

Gotta second that. Since these interviews first started I've been waiting to hear from the actors asscociated with either RE3 or CV - Alexia has to be top of that list as my first love has limited vocabulary :P I have a few questions. Just pick whichever you want if you think she would like to answer them -

1. Is that you singing as you cradlle your dying brother. If it is you have an incredible voice. Are you a professional singer and have you sung in other video games?

2. I heard you were also the mo-cap body double for Alexia, is that right?

3. Have you seen some of the concept artwork for Alexia? Were you shown any when you took the role. What did you think about the nudity in the concept artwork for Alexia's mutation?

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

February 20, 2016 at 11:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

Seeing as how Mistress Alexia Ashford is one of my all-time favorite characters to appear in any media ever and that I am such a fan of hers that I could genuinely be considered her all-time biggest fan no joke... A interview with the voice actress who brought her to life is incredible! I frankly was at a loss for words which is why it took me so long to submit my post to this thread!

I have but one question for Leila Johnson
:

1. Is she a wear that after CODE: Veronica was released for the Dream cast that a graphic novel was made in Hong Kong and translated into English that gave further insight into her character Alexia?

From year 2000 all the way to year 2014 Mistress Alexia Ashford was my undisputed favorite character with no other even coming close and even today I reserve a unique spot for her in my mind, I am truly blessed to have had the privilege to ask Leila Johnson a question about Alexia Ashford... My thanks to everyone who made this possible! One of my dreams came true!

--

The nobility will rise again. Until that time, farewell!

February 21, 2016 at 3:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

1. What do you think of Alexia Ashford?

2. Were you given any reference materials by Capcom, such as reading material or a few lines to help you with your role? :)

3. Have you talked with the other VA from the other RE games? Do you guys hang out together?:D

February 21, 2016 at 4:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

More questions.

1: Did they ever ask you to try singing for certain moments?

2: Where did you come up for her laugh, her laugh is unique and really shows her attitude towards those around her.

3: Do you think Aleixa could have gone far if she didn't wake up seeing her brother dying before her? As in, not throwing away her renewed life so quickly by attacking those around her?

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

February 23, 2016 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vossk

Alexia is my favorite Resident Evil villian, looking forward to the podcast!

A few questions for the Queen:

- Have you ever thought about adding any other scenes/dialogue to expand your character in the game?

- If so, what scenes/dialogue would you add or change?

Thanks!

February 24, 2016 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

Sorry, trying to come up with some good questions but I'm drawing a blank lol.

1. Already asked but I would also like to know if she can sing.

2. Do you like insects?

3. What's your favorite kind of flower?

4. Would you rather be a Queen or continue being an actress?

February 26, 2016 at 8:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Isles487

My questions:

Based on the life experiences that you've had in the intervening years since Code Veronica's release, would you approach this character any differently today? 

How often do you reflect back on your experience of recording for this game? 

Are there any little known facts about the recording process for this game thatyou'd like to share with fans? 

Do you identify at all with a character like Alexia?

February 26, 2016 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AvP Ryu

Well my question to Leila Johnson, what is your reaction to changing attitudes of Alexia character from the original game to RE: DSC?

Because in the original game, manga comic adaptation, and novella and script.

Alexia appeared to be a competent and brilliant scientist who had some feelings for her brother, although she found the brother incompetent psychopath and find superior to others by education.

But capcom in the game RE: DSC, Alexia does not have any of these feelings and qualities. In this version she is a murderer in cold blood, torture and kill, the cold-blooded brother. And it gets to be lunatic with delusions becomes the Queen of all because of the T-veronica.

What do you think of this change by Capcom?

And his opinion of the performance of Karen Strassman?

And another change in visual Alexia was, which was originally inspired by the character Rose in Titanic, Kate Winslet. But in DSC it already looks like paris hilton.

What do you think of this?

--

Computer geeks ....we’re not so easy to kill.

February 28, 2016 at 5:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vito

How did it feel hearing your voice coming from a male character?

February 28, 2016 at 5:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

To Queen Johnson, I ask this only if you are indeed keeping in touch with the series to this day and as such have played, watched, or read up on Resident Evil Revelations 2:

Alexia Ashford vs. Alex Wesker. Who wins in a battle of wits? Perhaps in a physical battle should Alex be given her brother (who lost his battle with the Queen) Albert's superhuman abilities? Which character do you prefer?

Also, I would like to ask if you sympathize with your character at all. Was she a victim of circumstance and mental illness brought upon by a desperate man trying to use science for his own selfish image (I mean poor Alexander of course)? And looking back on the role, would she have so coldly tossed her brother aside like a broken toy the way she did in her non-Canon version in Darkside Chronicles rather than treating him as her only equal (ironically much the way Alex Wesker viewed Albert Wesker, again only if you're familiar with those two characters)?

Finally, I would like to ask if they made the fight between Alexia and Wesker playable in a future remake of Code Veronica, would you play it? What if they gave us the option to assume the role of either the Queen or the Man in Sunglasses? Who would win this time?

--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

February 28, 2016 at 6:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JillSandwich

My question would be

Would you ever consider playing the same role again if capcom ever wanted to remake Code Veronica? Nowadays remasters and remakes are very popular and Code Veronica has a big fan base.

February 28, 2016 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.