CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Resident Evil: Vendetta

George Trevor
Site Owner

Thanks for the update ResiEvilChic99, I saw on twitter Orion Acaba‏ @orionacaba announce that he's working with Matthew Mercer on Vendetta.

Check out this behind the scenes sneak peek: 

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

March 22, 2017 at 11:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

I hope to get this on DVD for my collection, hopefully it'll explain some things and show us more goodies that lead up to RE7.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

March 22, 2017 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Famitsu has an updated piece on Vendetta with some new characters on Chris' BSAA Silver Dagger team. Further details with transltion of the biographies in the CHE news page

And here are some images of the newbies:

D.C

April 10, 2017 at 9:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Nadia

Damian

April 10, 2017 at 9:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

SarahLy at September 18, 2016 at 4:37 PM

The new trailer looks cheesy but the good resident evil cheesy, i think they learned from the mistakes they made before.

then again.. capcom knows how to create the most awesome trailers only to..well..:roll:. But i have a good feeling about this one

The main trailer has serioulsy dented my initial enthusiasm & excitement. The mansion area aside, the scenes were straight out of a Paul Anderson deposit of shit. It's wonderful to have these CGI films to hold up as canon above Anderson's horrendous garbage, which is why the last Vendetta trailer disapointed me even more. Most the significant plot points including the fate of the main antagonist have been thoughtlessly, selfishly revealed, in a big "fuck you" to any serious minded fan who looks for just a little more in this series than a zombie version of The Fast and the Furious. I hate to say it but this film looks damned to be an Anderson shite fest GGI clone from what that trailer revealed.

The official Japanese website for Biohazard Vendetta was updated this week with further antagonist details & character biograhies. Details and translation can be found on our Raccoon Press news page

photo 007_zpslupmw9gd.jpg

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

April 16, 2017 at 5:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

George Trevor at April 16, 2017 at 5:49 AM

SarahLy at September 18, 2016 at 4:37 PM

The new trailer looks cheesy but the good resident evil cheesy, i think they learned from the mistakes they made before.

then again.. capcom knows how to create the most awesome trailers only to..well..:roll:. But i have a good feeling about this one

The main trailer has serioulsy dented my initial enthusiasm & excitement. The mansion area aside, the scenes were straight out of a Paul Anderson deposit of shit. It's wonderful to have these CGI films to hold up as canon above Anderson's horrendous garbage, which is why the last Vendetta trailer disapointed me even more. Most the significant plot points including the fate of the main antagonist have been thoughtlessly, selfishly revealed, in a big "fuck you" to any serious minded fan who looks for just a little more in this series than a zombie version of The Fast and the Furious. I hate to say it but this film looks damned to be an Anderson shite fest GGI clone from what that trailer revealed.

The official Japanese website for Biohazard Vendetta was updated this week with further antagonist details & character biograhies. Details and translation can be found on our Raccoon Press news page

photo 007_zpslupmw9gd.jpg

Sadly I have to agree. The more info I see,including the trailers,the less I am becoming enthused about it. We pretty much have an idea what'll happen to the main villain. I think most are hoping there'll be some big connection to 7 and the Not a Hero DLC, but this film is looking more and more self-contained. We may see a small ref or something like the previous cgi films have had before but nothing big.
However, I am curious about the timeline, I mean we know it's post 6 but before 7 but no exact date and year has been revealed yet. The timeline could be a factor to some things or not. I'll leave it at that.

April 16, 2017 at 8:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy
Another blonde villainess..leave blondes alone already brunettes are far more wicked
--

April 16, 2017 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96
George Trevor, I think Kobayashi worked as an associate producer on the Anderson films. Might be why you are seeing some similarities there. To me the cgi films still beat those films. I still plan on seeing on Vendetta.The Final Chapter,however,not so much.
April 17, 2017 at 8:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Capcom and their advertising

April 25, 2017 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

*sees Rebecca* oh my!

April 25, 2017 at 8:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

saw an early review of Vendetta on reddit that had a link to animenow! It's non-spoilery according to reddit but the reviewer does bring up a little more on Leon's involvement in the plot and how the film starts off with Chris and his men headed for the mansion just like the trailer shows and the reviewer's general opinion on the film. So just putting that WARNING there in case and here's the link if you wish to read more: http://www.anime-now.com/entry/2017/04/30/230001.

April 30, 2017 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bl00dy3y3

This movie had me hopeful at first. From the original teaser. The recent onslaught of Pics, Interviews, Trailers, and Clips have deflated my hope for a somewhat decent survival horror film. Seeing this Anderson style Garbage, from That horrid hallway fight against the 'Zombies' too another wanna be Wesker, Trish from DMC, Bane from Batman, the Jurassic World scene with the Cerberus that are so heavy they can cave in a SUV's roof by sheer mass alone, Rebecca apparently having never grown up from being that 18 yr old wunderkind (whom also never dressed in anything than her S.T.A.R.S. gear for the last 18 years) only to become the damsel in distress. I am not enthused to say the least. It was like they took everything wrong with the Franchise recently and amped it up to 11. SMDH.

May 7, 2017 at 9:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy

Ah so according to the new trailer Diego is bane from Batman. I mean okay, another stolen idea haha.  My guess would be the main baddie escapes via helicopter, Maria or whatever her name is gets arrested and Diego becomes this monster we see in the trailer and dies naturally. In a post credit scene someone will kidnap Chris - fade to black, with lots and lots and lots of dead zombies and "classic horror(?)" moments in the middle.

Like, this is basically Resident Evil 8 but without gameplay.

May 7, 2017 at 1:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Bl00dy3y3 at May 7, 2017 at 9:12 AM

This movie had me hopeful at first. From the original teaser. The recent onslaught of Pics, Interviews, Trailers, and Clips have deflated my hope for a somewhat decent survival horror film. Seeing this Anderson style Garbage, from That horrid hallway fight against the 'Zombies' too another wanna be Wesker, Trish from DMC, Bane from Batman, the Jurassic World scene with the Cerberus that are so heavy they can cave in a SUV's roof by sheer mass alone, Rebecca apparently having never grown up from being that 18 yr old wunderkind (whom also never dressed in anything than her S.T.A.R.S. gear for the last 18 years) only to become the damsel in distress. I am not enthused to say the least. It was like they took everything wrong with the Franchise recently and amped it up to 11. SMDH.

Sadly I couldn't agree more with this, and the last line by Bl00dy3y3 considerably sums up the whole sorry state for me. Judging by the latest and presumably final trailer, the survival horror we saw fleetingly during the premiere, more promising trailer has all but vanished, burried deep under a pile of explosive fast & furious rubbish:

--

May 7, 2017 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

I heard supposedly that one of the filmmakers wanted to show Leon's childhood in the film but it got passed over. The filmaker is still hopeful about seeing it done in the future if they do another film I guess. But eh. Leon has already been in the previous 2 films and this one, i hope he sits out on the next one. Of course Chris has been in a ton of RE stuff lately but I doubt they'll let these films be done without  one of them headlining it.
This one just doesn't seem to have me totally hyped, though seeing Rebecca in a lab coat and putting her genius skills to use has been my favorite part of all this.

May 7, 2017 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

This is my spoiler free review on Vendetta. I finally got to see my beloved series in the cinema. Only took two decades. Going into the cinema I had no idea what to expect and I don’t mean from the movie. I mean from the experience of it being on the big screen as well as the fans I would be seated with. Initially I expected an empty room with maybe a small group or two. However the room was about 30% full (Roughly 30 people out of 100 seats). There were about three groups of male teenagers as expected but what really surprised me were the couples and not even teenage ones. I was literally surrounded by couples who were at least in the forties. Mostly surprisingly were the families. Couples in their twenties there with their parents. It sounded like most people enjoyed it. I did hear a few groans at some of the action/dialogue but you could count them on one hand. One young couple walked out about 10 minutes from the end. I don’t know if they saw something they didn’t like, couldn’t handle it anymore or perhaps they just hand a bus to catch or something.

Compared to the previous two CGI movies I would definitely say this one was most suitable for a cinema release. It had the best CGI animations, the most balanced amount of action/dialogue and the best pacing. The plot was average but so were the other two movies. It had its cringe worthy moments but did you expect any less? Some OTT action and corny dialogue lines were expected. Also the bad comedy was toned down substantially. Some of the jokes which were few and far between actually got a laugh out of the audience myself included especially one line regarding a hit TV show. Like I said some of the action did get laughed at and deserved it because it was bad. However some action got laughed at in a good way because it was fun action and it was one of those took you by surprise moments which made everyone laugh. If you are looking for this movie to make sense on a basic level then you get most of your answers. However if you are hoping for rich explanations and background material into things such as the creation of the virus and how it works then you are going to be disappointed. You get those answers but like I said they are basic. The soundtrack even in a cinema was non-existent. I didn’t dislike it but I didn’t really enjoy it. It was just sort of there. Think the two previous movies soundtracks and they are all on par. Finally and most importantly to me, I want to discuss the characters. Let me begin by saying Leon and Rebecca’s voice actors did a great job. Some of Leon’s lines you could tell he was really trying to deliver an emotional performance. The rest of the cast were also fine aside from Glenn Arias who portrayed the character absolutely fine. His performance was not an issue however Capcom’s choice to AGAIN make the evil British dude the villain has become a pantomime. I guess we can call it tradition now. All the characters were enjoyable and had good character arch’s and stayed true to their past’s. I had two favourite parts of the movie one was the first 10 minutes however flawed logic kind of spoiled it for me, I will get into why at another time. Also my other favourite part involved Leon and Chris in a corridor it is possible you have seen this in a video clip which came out a while back. This was an excellent moment with some FANTASTIC action. Some people may look at it and think OTT but I disagree and say that it is borderline and considering who Chris and Leon are if anyone could do it then it would be them.

I had one major problem with this movie and it’s not the silly action sequences and daft logic at times, those I can forgive. Chris Redfield’s voice actor was piss poor and his character model was just weird looking. First let me talk about Chris’s appearance. His outfit was absolutely fine no problems there. His movements, physic, stature and even his hair were all fine no problems. However you come to his face and it’s just off putting. Honestly some of the facial expressions he pulled just creeped me the hell out. I hate to be THAT guy who complains about the way a character looks because god knows there are enough Resident Evil fans that are touchy and negative about the slightest changes. However Chris just looks like a freak. The smiles he pulls, honestly those smiles are the creepiest thing in the whole movie. Just awkward, weird looking, off putting facial expressions. I don’t care if he doesn’t EXACTLY resemble his previous character model and he kind of does but there is just something off about it. To the extent that it actually bothered me and pulled me out of the experience and from what was going on. I wonder if other people felt this way.

Kevin Dorman portrayed Chris and not for the first time, he also played him in Umbrella Chronicles. However his performance in the Chronicles was better than Vendetta and that is saying something. One of the problems I felt was that his vocals are too similar to that of Leon’s. You can mostly tell who is talking even if you can’t see who is talking you can still distinguish between the two but it is still very close almost like they are brothers. However Matthew Mercer who played Leon has a whole range of emotions on display whilst Kevin just seemed flat throughout. It was like he was emotionally unavailable. His dialogue just always seemed to sound the same even when delivering what should have been impactful dialogue, these were the moments it was most noticeable. He also had a few squeaky lines where his voice almost cracked. When compared to the likes of Joe White and Roger Craig Smith this version of Chris seemed like a younger version yet he looked like an older veteran it was quite confusing to see.

It will be interesting to hear other people’s opinions because I would like to know if I am in the minority here but I find that unlikely because I have already heard complaints about Chris. Other than that and like I said some silly moments be it action or logic I think the movie was really enjoyable and better than both the previous ones. Here go Vendetta, Degeneration and Damnation in that order. If I had to score it I will score the other two to give a sense of comparison. Degeneration 7, Damnation 6 and Vendetta 8.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

June 14, 2017 at 6:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

The consensus I got from some people was that Leon was not as important to the plot and was just there for the "john wick" stunts and such. Some liked Chris' VA for the film but that part where he says "he's a merchant of death" always makes me cringe. But the movie won't be out here until tomorrow and digital release on the 20th. I'll still check it out regardless since I already seen spoilers and cvxfreak's review of the novel version of vendetta. I just wish these films would connect better with the games and help advance the plot of the series some, because they pretty much stand alone (aside from some refs to the past games and such).

June 19, 2017 at 12:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy

Well this might be the best Reisdent Evil film of all time, live or not but of course this only translates to 3.5/10 on a real film rating :).

I mean it looks great but...dumb plot, action scenes are meh, boss fight is bad, the villain's plan is dumb(drive with trucks in NYC traffic?..how about airplanes dumbass), This is RE6 in movie form :). Not to mention Rebecca hahahah talking about the mother of all damsels in distress. They had to make it a 150(at least!) minutes movie so they could develop the plot but lazy and formulatic is capcom's way :), why pour money into something when RE7 proved to them they can be as cheap as they want

And now the director says that if given a 4th film he'll do female lead, female antagonist and a theme of motherhood(My money is on "My child died at a weddin......birthday party so now i'm taking REVENGE!!!!!"). Yeah well it's not like he's a feminist but rather everyone wants to be Wonder Woman after they saw that  having a feminist theme with Trump as president can make mucho mucho casho and get high approval rating :)

--

June 22, 2017 at 1:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

This is pretty much a sequel to 6 only in the form of a movie. I was rather meh with it myself. The action is there alright but again, another weak plot. So much of it seemed rushed. I feel like it could of benefited some if they explored some of the scenes more, but the minute you got into a scene they would cut off to something else. Some of the throwbacks to past games felt forced like Rebecca's thumbs ups in there (though not as bad Barry saying "I've got this" and "Who's the 'Master of Unlocking' now?"). The first thumbs up was cool, but should of stopped at one there.
I will say I enjoyed Rebecca's quirky and sassy behavior in the first act but after half of the film, that falls apart. I liked that Chris was more upbeat this time around and I liked his silver dagger team. 
Leon on the other hand, well i understand that he did have problems leading up to this and turning to drinking is not an uncommon way of 'dealing" with these things, I just felt he was shoehorned in. I thought when I first heard about Vendetta and the saw bits of the mansion, i assumed they were going for a RE1 style film which I think would of made more sense if Jill and Barry were in the film instead of Leon. But of course this one was definitely action-packed, which producer Kobayashi prefers and I think the some of the staff of that movie preferred the action stuff too.
Kobayashi did say at an Vendetta in Chiba,according to cvxfreak, that he loves Leon and would like Leon to appear again in the next film. Which means these films will most likely continue the action route. I was curious what the next film would be like post 7 but with Kobayashi producing, we'll keep getting these same style films.

June 25, 2017 at 10:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy
Well the animation is very nice at least I'll give them that. But honestly they kinda need to change direction..Make it a bit more horror themed
--

June 27, 2017 at 1:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.