CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Resident Evil: Vendetta

Vito

Those zombies run and jump just like the C-virus ones. I honestly don't see them using T-virus zombies ever again.

September 19, 2016 at 5:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

SkinniMini1 at March 2, 2016 at 1:27 PM

USS Command at February 10, 2016 at 11:25 PM

SkinniMini1 at February 10, 2016 at 8:20 PM

Your latter point is something I dislike about the previous two CGI films. Outside of being mediocre, even worse, they just don't feel all that necessary, especially Damnation. At least Degeneration established Terrasave, a group that is relevant in Revelations 2 and Heavenly Island. While a weak connection, there's a brief Tricell appearance as well. Damnation on the other hand has so far brought nothing new to the table so far. The events from this movie surely didn't affect RE6 in anyway. The only mention to it was from a radio broadcast in Revelations 2, something so miniscule that it should barely count IMO.

I just really disliked Damnation as a film. It was definitely not worth the wait.

It was also mentioned in the files of RE6 explaining how ada is no longer wanted. Also we have yet to see what will come of this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NS-wB3vS3LU

Can you tell me the name of the file in which that information can be found.

That video you posted, I personally didn't see the importance of it besides it educating us (the viewers) more on the Las Plagas. IDK, I don't see it adding much in terms of future stories right now IMO. [Slightly off topic,but wow was the voice acting in that video obnoxious].

I will say that the one thing Damnation does that I do hope that we see again and that's showing the BOWs actually being controlled by regular humans to act as the weapons that they are. That still doesn't make me like the movie overall though.

Its called Leon and Ada. Here's the last little bit that explains it.

"There are very few records concerning Ada Wong. However recently her name can be confirmed in a CIA document. When the civil war broke out in the Eastern Slav Republic in Europe, a CIA agent infiltrated there, and the document is their report.

---

'As a result of my investigation, a woman seems to have intervened in the republic's government calling herself a BSAA observer, and introduced herself as "Ada Wong." The BSAA denies this fact. Its European headquarters appears to have already hushed up. ...seems we're the only ones who know of this affair.'"

So the BSAA Head quarters covered it up and we have no clue as to why. You could say an arrest warrant is still out there for her somewhere by the UN but unless someone runs her license for speeding(and let's remember Ada isn't her real name so this wouldn't be a problem) she won't have people looking for her unless they have and image and even then it would have to be someone who knows the face on the warrant. 

But there's alot to the video. We get information that the Tyrants in the movie were a joint BOW project. The lingering question is with whom? We also don't know who the data in that video is ment for. Just that the people in it risked their lives for it and ultimately died. So it could very well be a new company or organization we'll deal with one day. Or atleast what the writers wanted. RE5 and all of its marketing made Tricell out to be the next Umbrella and that went down the drain with rev2. With RE7 being the way it is, I'm not confident this would ever be anything at this point, but I'll remain hopeful.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

September 20, 2016 at 10:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

Vito at September 19, 2016 at 5:29 PM

Those zombies run and jump just like the C-virus ones. I honestly don't see them using T-virus zombies ever again.

T-Phobos was used in Rev2 and ii made the Zombie like creatures in Barry's levels. But they used re6 animations.

Capcom COULD be reusing animations for this CGI movie. Or the production staff went and looked at recent games and mimicked the animation for this movie so there's some hope. 

Also,(and I know from your post on other sites this don't count ;) ) don't Umbrella Corps use t-Virus zombies?

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

September 20, 2016 at 10:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

My only gripe is that it looks Chris is losing his team members again. I feel like we've been through with him losing ppl them since 5 and 6. 

September 20, 2016 at 11:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vito

USS Command at September 20, 2016 at 10:28 AM

Vito at September 19, 2016 at 5:29 PM

T-Phobos was used in Rev2 and ii made the Zombie like creatures in Barry's levels. But they used re6 animations.

Capcom COULD be reusing animations for this CGI movie. Or the production staff went and looked at recent games and mimicked the animation for this movie so there's some hope. 

Also,(and I know from your post on other sites this don't count ;) ) don't Umbrella Corps use t-Virus zombies?

What's Umbrella Corps? ;)

September 21, 2016 at 2:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

Hi, just wanted to drop by to say 'yay RE Vendetta!' and I am so happy to see a mansion-centric CGI film even if this could turn out to be just some cheesy REmake thing in movie form but guess what? I'd love to see a movie based on REmake. I'd love to see Redfield's team and zombies and maybe crimson heads and those Cerberus dogs and whatnot. At this point I don't care who the villain's going to be. Hell, I wouldn't even mind some good old-fashioned Albert Wesker.
Anyway, needed to get this off my chest; I'm totally thrilled right now.

--

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
When you're good at something, never do it for free ...
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

October 3, 2016 at 1:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Imagine if they did get some good feed back on this from the fans and did another CGI movie based on what happened in the games, even if it might be a memory of the events that one of the characters is reflecting upon. 

I'm hoping this new movie will be easy to snag in the stores and added to the collection, might end up watching the other two now since there is hype.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

October 3, 2016 at 2:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy

They are already testing the water with this "back to survival horror(accodring to the trailer, at least) movie, RE7 with the "back to intimate, personal survival horror" theme and the big one, RE2 remake. If they all make enough $$ i think we'll see a barrage of remakes and films about the old games. 

October 30, 2016 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Capcom Japan Statement link

Take from this what you will and there are many ways to interperate it. It states that the live action films have reached a 'break'. Is it possible that they are admitting this will not be the last live action film by Anderson but it will take a longer than usual hiatus? Or do they mean the original live action movies are finished and they will be resuming with a new story?

The second interesting part concerns the CGI movies and however there will be a 'multifaceted expansion'. You could presume that they are simply reffering to Vendetta and this would be a duo of the RE movies along with the live action one. However multifaceted to me sounds more like several projects rather than just two. Obviously I think we all expect these CGI movies to continue as long as the series stays healthy however this could be an early sign that Capcom are planning a quicker turnaround of these CGI movies. Perhaps even an anime/manga type show? A live action TV show? Who knows. Its just an asumption on my behalf and several other websites who got the same vibe as myself from this Q&A response however its still fun to make presumptions.

Q. What developments are in store for Resident Evil films and movies?

A. With the Hollywood film Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, scheduled to premiere in December (in Japan), the films have reached a break; however, as with the feature length Resident Evil CG films, we will continue a multifaceted expansion in this area beyond the live action format.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

November 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

fletcherc at October 3, 2016 at 1:23 PM

Hi, just wanted to drop by to say 'yay RE Vendetta!' and I am so happy to see a mansion-centric CGI film even if this could turn out to be just some cheesy REmake thing in movie form but guess what? I'd love to see a movie based on REmake. I'd love to see Redfield's team and zombies and maybe crimson heads and those Cerberus dogs and whatnot. At this point I don't care who the villain's going to be. Hell, I wouldn't even mind some good old-fashioned Albert Wesker.
Anyway, needed to get this off my chest; I'm totally thrilled right now.

With you all the way fletcherc. This setting is a perfect excuse to bring the mansion incident story to a new situation that fits in with RE7, CGI Crimson Heads would be even more awesome than the Tyrant batte from RE Damnation.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

November 16, 2016 at 3:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1

BSAArklay at November 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM

Capcom Japan Statement link

Take from this what you will and there are many ways to interperate it. It states that the live action films have reached a 'break'. Is it possible that they are admitting this will not be the last live action film by Anderson but it will take a longer than usual hiatus? Or do they mean the original live action movies are finished and they will be resuming with a new story?

The second interesting part concerns the CGI movies and however there will be a 'multifaceted expansion'. You could presume that they are simply reffering to Vendetta and this would be a duo of the RE movies along with the live action one. However multifaceted to me sounds more like several projects rather than just two. Obviously I think we all expect these CGI movies to continue as long as the series stays healthy however this could be an early sign that Capcom are planning a quicker turnaround of these CGI movies. Perhaps even an anime/manga type show? A live action TV show? Who knows. Its just an asumption on my behalf and several other websites who got the same vibe as myself from this Q&A response however its still fun to make presumptions.

Q. What developments are in store for Resident Evil films and movies?

A. With the Hollywood film Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, scheduled to premiere in December (in Japan), the films have reached a break; however, as with the feature length Resident Evil CG films, we will continue a multifaceted expansion in this area beyond the live action format.

Thanks for sharing. I took this as Capcom acknowledging that the live action movies may be coming to an end but that doesn't mean they will stop making and being a part of other non game RE properties (ie the CGI movies, mangas, etc.)

November 18, 2016 at 3:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

So incase you missed all the Vendetta news recently. Be warned there are ALOT of spoilers ahead. The villain's identity, the synopsis of the movie, first look at Rebecca and much more.

Apparently we have a Japan release date as seen in the poster 27th May 2017. No word on a Western release.

Here is our villain a Mr Glenn Arias who is some sort of a black market weapons dealer. He is an internationally wanted man whom the BSAA and Chris Redfield track down to a mansion where a BOW trade deal is too happen.

Our first look at Rebecca who too me looks a hell of alot different. She looks less fragile which I don't know if that's a good thing. We dont need another ass kicker. Also she is dressed in what appears to be her STARS uniform. Possibly a flashback? One has to ask why a flashback would be relevant? Perhaps Chris is telling a story of how the two met (much like Leon retelling RE2's story in Degeneration) or hopefully there is something more relevant to the plot of Vendetta. Rebecca IS a university professor which is awesome, I disliked that it was a cover role in The Stage play I loved that she had this type of career it humanises her in a way that I have longed for in this series.

A look at a new type of BOW. Possibly a zombie mutations as the article suggested.

Typical buddy cop back to back shot. I have to admit as cliche as that sounds I am looking forward to these two finally fighting alongside each other.

Some new shots of Leon and Chris.

Here is a link to a very rough translation

You can find better translations at some of the sister sites.

So my final thoughts. The film apparently begins with Chris getting a new lead about a black market weapons trade at a certain mansion. What we saw in the trailer with him and the BSAA arriving then takes place. Chris loses his lead and Glenn gets away. Chris saves Rebecca from a lab (wether that be at the mansion or another location I cannot tell). Chris and Becca then reache out to Leon who may be able to help as he has knowledge of this new virus. The trio then head to New York to continue their investigation.

I hear that the mansion incident shown in this film is pretty much the first act of the film. I am guessing around 20 minutes tops. Imagine the airport Degeneration sequences and I dont think it will be too far from that. The majority of this film takes place in New York which we have seen nothing of. My prediction is the mansion setting will be pure horror to begin which escalates into action. Then after about 45 minutes of talking and short action sequences probably Leon and some dumb bike sequence the film will resort back to action for the finale boss fight. I expect gore in the sense of the BOW's mutating, the zombie's apperance and maybe the decimation of Chris's BSAA team (In the words of John Locke 'Sounds like a piss poor captain') I dont expect we will be getting much in terms of atmosphere and tension build up however. I hope I am wrong but the synopsis sort of killed alot of the momentum I had building for this film.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

December 16, 2016 at 1:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Rebecca looks great but WTF happened to Chris :mad:

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

December 18, 2016 at 12:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Well that is two projects dead in the water within 24 hours.

You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.

I thought this movie was 'a reboot to survival horror roots' 'brought to us by the same director who made The Grudge movies'. The horror lasted about 10 seconds before it turned into a garbage action trailer. What happened to the tension and atmosphere shown in the original trailer? The zombies look pretty crappy as well. I was expecting some decayed, frail looking, rotted creepshows. Looks like the first part of the movie will be slow and have some tension but not nearly as good as I expected before it turns into a flat out PA movie.

They even used the slicing corridor sequence although it is different the idea is basically the same thing let’s be honest.

The BOW following Glenn around is Ustanak 2.0 and the girl in the leather outfit ......sigh. I see the dialogue is also fantastic. Leon: 'Its our mission to bring his ass down, not mine' Huh? The hell does that mean? Rebecca apparently lives in her STARS outfit.

The big gattling gun carrying guy is crap. I swear this series sometimes feels like it was drafted by children.

Is it possible that the blonde leather outfit gimp is Jessica? Unlikely because it would make too much sense so let’s just call her Jossica with the same exact backstory, style and look because god knows we can’t have a continuation of supporting role characters.

Then the part that pisses me off more than anything else We get a caption that says 'The next generation'. Hold on rewind to the beginning of my post.....I thought this movie was 'a reboot to survival horror roots'. Hm Capcom lied to us? Again? Im shocked.

Yup we have another city outbreak which will probably get about 20 minutes focus and then be swept under the rug. This time it’s on New York? Who gives a shit. Does it even matter anymore? The Trigger Virus? Lol jesus. Now I understand why my friend gives me such a hard time for liking this series. It's not about continuation or continuity it’s about how we can evolve this and make it cooooollll. Don't know what to make of the Chris and Leon scene where they are decimating a horde of zombies. If it's done right it could be bloody brilliant. But it has to be a well-crafted fight sequence with alot of beliveable action, keep it classy. If anyone could pull off a scene like that then they are the two right characters. If it turns in a punch, kick, headbutting, huricanrana, torando ddt sequence though then its shit.

Is Rebecca in a wedding dress? Very weird wonder what’s going on there.

So Cerebus can run the speed of a brand new high powered motorbike? A dog as fast as a motorbike? That’s not good advertisement for the bike. The bike is also used in two sequences (day and night) so get ready for plenty of crappy vehicle action as well as Leon bailing from the bike into a double back flip summersault with a cork screw into a perfect landing, ah beautiful. Seriously he should be in the Olympics he would bring home the gold.

For a skinny little guy Chris seems to be taking their fight very seriously. A virus influence or is Glenn just ANOTHER member of the series who can throw around human beings like there’s nothing to it. The fact that he is using a gun make’s me think he isn’t influcened by a virus here at least. He is just another Svetlana. Glenn states that he wants revenge although he didn’t acquire Tricell and Neo Umbrella until after RE6 so he must have an ulterior motive for needing revenge otherwise that’s just crap.

The fact that this BOW is hanging onto a balcony makes me think it is Glenn after he has used The Trigger virus on himself. Although Glenn does have a BOW quite similar following him around anyway so maybe it’s not Glenn? Although I learnt my lesson after RE6 and REV2 so no I will safely assume the BOW shown at the end of the trailer is a mutated Glenn because villains don’t stand a fucking chance in the RE universe.

--

December 22, 2016 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy
How about a strong female protagonist for a change?..haveRebecca kick ass and Leon tied up and ready to be wed to whoever. It's "not his mission" right?. Also again we got an evil blonde.. as we all know blondes are actually incapable of being evil and are incredibly awesome in general but of course you wouldn't know that from playing/watching RE. The movie looks like a game.. They went small budget horror with RE7 but mass scale outbreak, 3 heroes, touches of survival horror and superhero action with this. But without gameplay will the usual RE mess hold?
--

December 23, 2016 at 12:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

The fan servicing with Leon and Chris does get annoying after while. They could direct attention to other characters that are still alive, like Ark or even Billy. Still excited for this movie, be adding it to my collection.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

December 27, 2016 at 2:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Found some new screen shots of Rebecca Chambers at Biohazard France

The site also has merchandise for the movie on there and a couple of screen shots of Chris and Leon but I just wanted to show the Rebecca ones here since we pretty much see a lot of Chris and Leon advertised in the movie already!

March 10, 2017 at 6:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Looks like Vendetta is coimg to theaters for a one night only event, you can read more about that at this link from ign: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/20/resident-evil-vendetta-coming-to-theaters

Here's a newer image:

March 20, 2017 at 12:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vito

Wish it got a release here in Mexico. I'm way too hyped for the movie. I was even more hyped for it than 7 haha.

March 20, 2017 at 1:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Here are the voice actors for vendetta starting with Kevin Dorman, who has done mocap work for RE, is voicing Chris:

Erin Cahill, of Power Rangers Time Force, is voicing Rebecca:

Matthew Mercer had returned  to voice Leon:

March 20, 2017 at 8:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.