CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Resident Evil: Vendetta

ResiEvilChic96

BSAArklay at March 3, 2016 at 11:11 AM

I am just happy that other characters are featuring other than just Leon. I hope Leon's part is minor and Chris and Rebecca play a much bigger role. Leon doesnt need three CGI movies for god's sake its too much. Give someone else a chance and its not like Degeneration or Damnation did much for his character. The only praise for those movies are moments in spite of Leon being in it. Like in Damnation the Tyrant Vs Licker scenes or in Degeneration the G Curtis scenes.

I'd be more worried about Rebecca. RE has a history of sidelining the female protagonists to prop the male protagonist's story. Not trying to call "sexism" here but just going by what I have seen. 

March 3, 2016 at 11:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1

ResiEvilChic96 at March 3, 2016 at 11:38 AM

I am just happy that other characters are featuring other than just Leon. I hope Leon's part is minor and Chris and Rebecca play a much bigger role. Leon doesnt need three CGI movies for god's sake its too much. Give someone else a chance and its not like Degeneration or Damnation did much for his character. The only praise for those movies are moments in spite of Leon being in it. Like in Damnation the Tyrant Vs Licker scenes or in Degeneration the G Curtis scenes.

I'd be more worried about Rebecca. RE has a history of sidelining the female protagonists to prop the male protagonist's story. Not trying to call "sexism" here but just going by what I have seen. 

The poor thing has two male protagonists (maybe even three because you all already know to expect new characters) to contend with. As a fan of the character, I just hope she gets some type of positive representation in this film.

March 3, 2016 at 12:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

SkinniMini1 at March 3, 2016 at 12:21 PM

ResiEvilChic96 at March 3, 2016 at 11:38 AM

The poor thing has two male protagonists (maybe even three because you all already know to expect new characters) to contend with. As a fan of the character, I just hope she gets some type of positive representation in this film.

Maybe they'll surprise with this being a different direction in the film. Who knows, maybe it'll lead to her being another game post RE1 of course. I would of preferred a STARS reunion with Rebecca, Chris, Jill, and Barry myself. Oh well, I just hope this film is a good one for everyone and will lead the series in a better direction.
March 4, 2016 at 7:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1

Well RE fans, looks like we have a name for the new CGI film along with  an official promotional image featuring Leon S. Kennedy and the newest Ducati motorcycle, xDiavel.

For more information regarding the film

March 26, 2016 at 8:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Would of been nice to see what chris and rebecca will look like in the film but maybe they'll show more soon. I don't know about this so far. I did hear that kobayashi confirmed in an interview that this is taking place after 6. So maybe 7 is coming after this?

March 26, 2016 at 11:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

HALLELUJAH CAPCOM KNOWS A LETTER OTHER THAN 'D'

--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

April 1, 2016 at 10:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

WiskUK

M-Greg at April 1, 2016 at 10:58 AM

HALLELUJAH CAPCOM KNOWS A LETTER OTHER THAN 'D'

Yeah but does this mean we're now going to get years of CGI movies beginning in V just so Capcom can then release their masterpiece Biohazard Deja Vu starring a debutant antagonist who wants to rule the world via a global viral outbreak attached to a convoluted plan, only to be defeated by insert Chirs/Leon/Claire/Jill?

--

Take the Green Herb?

April 11, 2016 at 2:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

Just to let everyone know, after I saw the new trailer for this and feel connected to the series again. I wanted to play Umbrella Corps for what little story there is and it's kinda fun, but I don't own a PS4. RE7 looks like the RE4 of this generation and I just can't get excited for another standalone story with no real connections to the main plot, and should probably be a spinoff. 

But this? God yes! I'm so freaking excited about Vendetta! Also, if anyone is familer with the Biohazard 3 Hong Kong comics that guy at the end looks ALOT like Boss, an Umbrella Executive from those comics. I'm not saying he is the guy in Vendetta, as I was one of those people who just knew Ark was in Damnation, but it would be cool to see if Capcom re-used his character in the main canon as they did with some of the Perry novels.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

September 18, 2016 at 1:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I'm enthused by developments coming out from TGS 2016, albeit little has been added to the 'Lantern' demo, but the sinister atmosphere, isolated single location, and Survival Horror combat of RE7 continues to satisfy me more than anything I saw in the lead up to releases of RE4, RE5, & RE6.

And now with the trailer for Vendetta (see below) this third canon, wonderfully-non-Anderson film, looks every bit a Survival Horror classic, with the same themes & tones that made the series so great. The ambushed so-called special tactics unit so naively out their depth, "the plan's gone to shit man", Aliens style, is a real turn-on for me! I have only disdain for the suggestion this scenario resembles Resident Evil 1/REmake or Lost in Nightmares too much, and that it's cliche & un-original, because this is where Survival Horror belongs in my opinion, and if you don't like this specific repetition why are you here? Go play Battlefield, whilst I visit every damn spooky mansion that Capcom want to repeatedly throw at me:

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

September 18, 2016 at 4:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy

The new trailer looks cheesy but the good resident evil cheesy, i think they learned from the mistakes they made before.

then again.. capcom knows how to create the most awesome trailers only to..well..:roll:. But i have a good feeling about this one

September 18, 2016 at 4:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

So far, it's having a classic Resident Evil (first and REmake) vibe, which is a nice touch to the classics. The graphics are always amazing of course and they did a nice job with the details, anxious to have it on DVD so I can see if I can find anything that stands out.

A good task for deep RE fans would be to get it on DVD and do any compairison to the Spencer Mansion, just for the kicks.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

September 18, 2016 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

USS Command at September 18, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Just to let everyone know, after I saw the new trailer for this and feel connected to the series again. I wanted to play Umbrella Corps for what little story there is and it's kinda fun, but I don't own a PS4. RE7 looks like the RE4 of this generation and I just can't get excited for another standalone story with no real connections to the main plot, and should probably be a spinoff. 

But this? God yes! I'm so freaking excited about Vendetta! Also, if anyone is familer with the Biohazard 3 Hong Kong comics that guy at the end looks ALOT like Boss, an Umbrella Executive from those comics. I'm not saying he is the guy in Vendetta, as I was one of those people who just knew Ark was in Damnation, but it would be cool to see if Capcom re-used his character in the main canon as they did with some of the Perry novels.

I too am looking forward to Vendetta and am more then familer with Biohazard 3 Hong Kong Comics as I said in an older topic the Bio3 HK Comics re-use scrapped character and plot details from the offical & "canon" Biohazard 3 The Last Escape videgame... The Umbrella Inc. executive known as "BOSS" is taken from the mini-game "Operation Mad Jackal" and his backstrory is offically giving in the Biohazard 3 The Last Escape Dream Cast offical Website...

BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE Official Website (Dreamcast Ver.)

" I heard the boss who gives money in The Mercenaries is someone involved with Umbrella, but please tell us about him in detail.

Kawamura: Let's reveal the truth behind the The Mercenaries scene. As a matter of fact, The Mercenaries is a popular entertainment program of the underworld that only very few aristocrats, high-ranking government officials and the super-wealthy can watch in a secret members-only Pay-Per-View (paid program broadcast) televised by Umbrella. The mystery man giving the mercenaries instructions and rewards is the host and producer of the program. The condition of the mercenaries is broadcast live by satellite with high-performance microphones attached to the mercenaries, installed by the Monitors. The time displayed on-screen is a time display broadcast to the mercenaries and the audience's approval rating (viewership) is added to it in real time. If the mercenary fights heroically, extravagantly defeats enemies and impressively rescues civilians and comrades, airtime will be extended if they gracefully escape from the crisis. If they garner support well and reach the goal within the airtime, they're given a reward depending on the audience rating and the mercenary will be freed. Mercenaries who can't earn the audience's approval rating have their camera cut off upon timeout and lose their life at the same time."

Here are some pictures of BOSS from the HK Comics.

I would be delighted if Capcom where to use BOSS in a directly Capcom-Supervised Project such as Vendetta but like USS Command before me I am not saying the guy in Vendetta * Is * BOSS.

--

The nobility will rise again. Until that time, farewell!

September 18, 2016 at 7:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187

This was an awesome trailer I loved it and I am so excited for this CGI film to come out I loved the first two films and this one has that Resident Evil; Remake feel and that makes me so excited that my legs feel weak, Just thinking about and seeing this trailer got my blood running I cannot wait to see what Rebecca Chambers is going to look like at 32 years old I am so excited for this movie and I am looking forward to hearing more news about this outstanding film in the making.

--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

September 18, 2016 at 7:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

What we see in the trailer is a mansion, possibly a replica of the Spencer Mansion. As I said, we'd need to do some screenshot comparisons from trailer. So far we've noticed the outside looks like the Spencer Mansion, the main entrance has a similar touch to the entrance of Spencer Mansion, then dining room, that hallway moment did remind me of one of the hallways in the mansion. Anyone else notice? 

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

September 18, 2016 at 10:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

I am hyped the fuck up for this movie! Finally. FINALLY! We may actually get THAT movie we have all been waiting for. Mansion, Chris, Zombies oh joy! Ok now that I got that out of the way. Great theory about Boss guys and I have to agree the guy looks identical. Even if they don’t use Boss to the degree of using his background and history with the series. They could however still us his personality and appearance just basically with a name change. They have used scrapped ideas before such as the Mansion from LIN, the dog in RE4 and most recently the virus which was excavated from the bones of a skeleton in The Stage. They have even reused characters and changed their names Angela Miller to Helena Harper and the girl from Heavenly Island who highly resembles Sheva Alomar.

Yes Chris is very strange looking and highly resembles Buddy as seen in these pictures. However I am not too worried about that.

Leon looks abit better and more like his ingame creation. Gone are the days of his terminator character. Eye liner and all.

The zombies also look fantastic. Compare these to the ones in Degen and they are worlds apart.

Also does anyone know what is up with the translations at the start? The next generation and psycho pass?

As seen in the opening shot of the trailer it is quite obvious that this mansion is used for the same purpose as the Arklay mansion. These would be their test subjects.

Screenshot of the BSAA helicopter which looks eerily similar to the mountains and woods of Arklay.

Arklay woods from Remake.

Chris and the BSAA after touching down near the mansion.

In formation similar to STARS in Remake and Zero. Although Chris seems to be a bit too casual for my liking.

An epic shot of the mansions exterior. It does highly resemble the Arklay mansion yet it is distinctively smaller at least horizontally.

Judging by the architecture then if this isn’t a George Trevor project then I will be baffled.

The detail, gore and texture of this hand is outstanding. Insanely creepy looking.

I found it really difficult to grab a screenshot of this scene but the zombies behind Chris seem to be almost sprinting much like the Crimson Heads. Perhaps they will finally make their grand return?

A bit too much of a spoiler shot for my liking here. Guess we know what happens to the mansion in the end. Hopefully someone of value has died in the fire and I don’t mean the villain.

Chris looking devastated after having to put down one of his team (probably infected). His face looks identical to his reaction in RE5 when Wesker reveals Jill.

Two shots of the mysterious villain. So other than the previously mentioned Boss, who else could this be? Other than the most likely and in my opinion the most probable a new character who is retconned into the backstory. A member of the family (re6), Frederick Downing, another Wesker, Hunk, Nicholai, Brandon Bailey, Spencer’s son? Any ideas anyone?

So that’s all the information now for my thoughts. Right off the bat I am WAY more excited to see this movie than I am to play RE7. The story for a start invokes the past series and I am not just talking about Chris and Leon. The style of the mansion, BSAA, the villain, the virus, the atmosphere it all screams Resident Evil. However RE7 is all new territory and as everyone knows doesn’t really resemble RE. If this movie turns out to be what I am expecting and fulfills it's potential then this could be my favourite RE entry since LIN and before that Remake. I know that is a cliche thing to say now and I have said it before during the hype of a new entry however never have we had this elements in an upcoming entry such as mansion, zombies and genuine atmosphere. I feel like all the key pillars are there for this project and the only way this can fail is if they do a complete 180 on the horror that they promise to deliver but also if the story is extremley weak. I am looking for links to the main series unlike that in Degen and Damnation. I did not mind those movies but they are far from my favourite RE entries.

This CGI movie done correctly has the potential to not only reinvigorate my passion for this series but also to inspire future projects not only within Capcom but also with the live action movies. If this is an excellent movie and stays true to the old school horror and story well critical reviews, fan feedback and sales will show Capcom and also Sony how these movies should be. Also it will help Capcom setup a platform for how to continue the series (in game) should they choose to revisit the old characters post RE7. I am hoping this movie will establish a new set of events for the old characters OR begin to finally close that door and finish up their story archs. Nothing we displease me more than if Capcom decide to continue the series with new characters and leave the old ones in limbo with no real ending. It makes no sense that Chris, Leon and Jill just disappear into the backgrounds. We know they are all still there and are left to wonder like Rebecca, Carlos and so many other characters, what the heck happened to those guys?

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 18, 2016 at 11:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187

BSAArklay at September 18, 2016 at 11:06 PM

I am hyped the fuck up for this movie! Finally. FINALLY! We may actually get THAT movie we have all been waiting for. Mansion, Chris, Zombies oh joy! Ok now that I got that out of the way. Great theory about Boss guys and I have to agree the guy looks identical. Even if they don’t use Boss to the degree of using his background and history with the series. They could however still us his personality and appearance just basically with a name change. They have used scrapped ideas before such as the Mansion from LIN, the dog in RE4 and most recently the virus which was excavated from the bones of a skeleton in The Stage. They have even reused characters and changed their names Angela Miller to Helena Harper and the girl from Heavenly Island who highly resembles Sheva Alomar.

Yes Chris is very strange looking and highly resembles Buddy as seen in these pictures. However I am not too worried about that.

Leon looks abit better and more like his ingame creation. Gone are the days of his terminator character. Eye liner and all.

The zombies also look fantastic. Compare these to the ones in Degen and they are worlds apart.

Also does anyone know what is up with the translations at the start? The next generation and psycho pass?

As seen in the opening shot of the trailer it is quite obvious that this mansion is used for the same purpose as the Arklay mansion. These would be their test subjects.

Screenshot of the BSAA helicopter which looks eerily similar to the mountains and woods of Arklay.

Arklay woods from Remake.

Chris and the BSAA after touching down near the mansion.

In formation similar to STARS in Remake and Zero. Although Chris seems to be a bit too casual for my liking.

An epic shot of the mansions exterior. It does highly resemble the Arklay mansion yet it is distinctively smaller at least horizontally.

Judging by the architecture then if this isn’t a George Trevor project then I will be baffled.

The detail, gore and texture of this hand is outstanding. Insanely creepy looking.

I found it really difficult to grab a screenshot of this scene but the zombies behind Chris seem to be almost sprinting much like the Crimson Heads. Perhaps they will finally make their grand return?

A bit too much of a spoiler shot for my liking here. Guess we know what happens to the mansion in the end. Hopefully someone of value has died in the fire and I don’t mean the villain.

Chris looking devastated after having to put down one of his team (probably infected). His face looks identical to his reaction in RE5 when Wesker reveals Jill.

Two shots of the mysterious villain. So other than the previously mentioned Boss, who else could this be? Other than the most likely and in my opinion the most probable a new character who is retconned into the backstory. A member of the family (re6), Frederick Downing, another Wesker, Hunk, Nicholai, Brandon Bailey, Spencer’s son? Any ideas anyone?

So that’s all the information now for my thoughts. Right off the bat I am WAY more excited to see this movie than I am to play RE7. The story for a start invokes the past series and I am not just talking about Chris and Leon. The style of the mansion, BSAA, the villain, the virus, the atmosphere it all screams Resident Evil. However RE7 is all new territory and as everyone knows doesn’t really resemble RE. If this movie turns out to be what I am expecting and fulfills it's potential then this could be my favourite RE entry since LIN and before that Remake. I know that is a cliche thing to say now and I have said it before during the hype of a new entry however never have we had this elements in an upcoming entry such as mansion, zombies and genuine atmosphere. I feel like all the key pillars are there for this project and the only way this can fail is if they do a complete 180 on the horror that they promise to deliver but also if the story is extremley weak. I am looking for links to the main series unlike that in Degen and Damnation. I did not mind those movies but they are far from my favourite RE entries.

This CGI movie done correctly has the potential to not only reinvigorate my passion for this series but also to inspire future projects not only within Capcom but also with the live action movies. If this is an excellent movie and stays true to the old school horror and story well critical reviews, fan feedback and sales will show Capcom and also Sony how these movies should be. Also it will help Capcom setup a platform for how to continue the series (in game) should they choose to revisit the old characters post RE7. I am hoping this movie will establish a new set of events for the old characters OR begin to finally close that door and finish up their story archs. Nothing we displease me more than if Capcom decide to continue the series with new characters and leave the old ones in limbo with no real ending. It makes no sense that Chris, Leon and Jill just disappear into the backgrounds. We know they are all still there and are left to wonder like Rebecca, Carlos and so many other characters, what the heck happened to those guys?

I can answer only some of the questions by the way the screenshots look awesome. The translation with Psycho Pass is simple Psychopass is one of the best animes I have seen there are two seasons and they are both really brutal but outstanding. Makoto Fukami is the writer of Psycho Pass which like I specifed is an awesome anime so expect the script that he is writng to be excellent because Psycho Pass script was outstanding it had many different emotions from comedic to serious to a whole bunch of other emotions. As for the mansion this can be one of two mansions it can be the one from the Arklay Forest or the one from Lost in Nightmares. As for the Archeticture it is that of George Trevor there is no denying that at all only he would know how to develop a mansion this extraordinary. As for Rebecca I am curious to know what she looks like at 32 years old because that is old she has to be in this movie since it takes place after Resident Evil 6. Nevertheless I am extremely excited for this movie to come out I guess we will all have to wait to see what other details Capcom will release about the CGI film and Resident Evil 7 stay tuned for more news to be coming out in the near future.

--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

September 19, 2016 at 12:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
The translations you mention are Japanese television series. THE NEXT GENERATION - パトレイバー or The Next Generation -Patlabor- is a live action file series that ties to the Patlabor franchise. And Psycho-Pass is an anime series.
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

September 19, 2016 at 12:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Hm ok thanks kinda weird how they are mentioned at the start of a trailer for an entirley different project. I am going to assume that the whole description reads something like 'Brought to you by the screenwriters from Pyscho Pass.'

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 19, 2016 at 12:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vito

Those are C-virus zombies. They got to be. 

I'm guessing the villain is with the Familly. 

--

September 19, 2016 at 1:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Vito at September 19, 2016 at 1:44 PM

Those are C-virus zombies. They got to be. 

I'm guessing the villain is with the Familly. 

That all makes perfect sense. If it is the Family then it should be the C-Virus.

--

September 19, 2016 at 4:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.