CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community Site & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Resident Evil: Vendetta

Albert Wesker 187

For all those residents who wanted a new CGI film including myself, the new CGI film is already in the works. It has seen a complete reboot and we might see a survival story. There are many well known directors, producers & Anime creators working on the project. Looking forward to hearing everybody's opinions on this film.

photo entry_theatre_20160915_fullcgmovie_zps4zw2mcz1.jpg

New Resident Evil CGI film

--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

October 15, 2015 at 5:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

I have seen Takashi Shimizu Ju-On movies and I enjoyed those, more than the Western remakes. I haven't heard of the director of writer or seen any of their work though so I cannot comment on them. The fact that they have hired Takashi and he has a successful background in horror is a positive note for survival horror. Fingers crossed this is going to be more of an attempt at a horror movie than an action one but horror in CGI is kind of a new deal to me, I cant recall ever seeing a CGI movie that is actually scary or even an attempt at being scary.

I absolutley love the fact that they are calling this a complete reboot because it makes me think are they actually going to make RE1 in CGI format. However the fact that it involves Leon contradicts that so I guess not. However a movie based in a mansion set prior to Code Veronica could work. We can finally fill in some gaps for Rebecca as well as get Leon and Chris's first introduction. Hopefully this time they get it right and it turns out to be more than a stare off gimick 2 minute scene that has no significance. I think this movie could be fantastic but I felt the same way about Degen and Damanation and those movies where missed oppourtunitys that focused on all the wrong things. Anyway fingers crossed and in the same way I feel about Remake 2 I guess I will make my mind up when I see some footage.

October 15, 2015 at 8:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CC

From my buddy plant-42:

The full article doesn’t really have much else to say asides from talking about the company credentials and who’ll be on the team, but it is confirmed that Hiroyuki Kobayashi is still a part of the project as the lead supervisor, meaning these are likely to be canon entries to the series.

What is interesting is the very specific use of reboot/リブート… Whether this means they’re negating some things and reworking some canon, or if this is the full kick off for a new version of the franchise – something that has been talked about for some time since the release of Biohazard 5 in 2009 – is yet to be clearly determined.

Either way, I suspect with the advent of the 20th anniversary next year we’ll be seeing more news on this, and perhaps some clarity as to what they truly mean by reboot.

October 15, 2015 at 3:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AvP Ryu

The only thing that worries this becomes another Appleseed Alpha movie.

--

Computer geeks ....we’re not so easy to kill.

October 15, 2015 at 4:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Great news, again another promising instalment in the series, and of course best of all, the fans can look forward to a Resident Evil film not sourced from the Paul Anderson nepotism production line of puerile garbage that has so undermined the quality & integrity of the Resident Evil name. Really looking forward to this non-Paul Anderson official canon entry into the series.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

December 19, 2015 at 4:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

You can't use words like puerile, garbage and Paul Anderson in the same sentence. What has puerile and garbage ever done to you?

If this movie turns out to be a reboot and we get to revisit the games from scratch I would love for them to make a movie about Bravo Team. Start out in the RPD spend a good 20 minutes or so there and then helicopter journey, helicopter crash, wandering around in the woods, arrival at the mansion and so on right up until moments prior to Alpha teams arrival. Then the sequel could be for the RPD police including Marvin Branagh and show us their sequence of events. Then for RE3 they could show us the U.B.C.S. and so on and so on. These are the movies I would love to see! More unrelated outbreaks that have zero significance or bearing to the overall canon its getting old and really hard to get invested or give a shit about things that are irrelevant.

December 19, 2015 at 8:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

WiskUK

That report is from October. Anyone found an update since? I can't find any development since this first report.

--

Take the Green Herb?

December 19, 2015 at 8:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1

I wonder when we will hear more about this film. Hopefully it's not a long news drought for this one like there was for Damnation.

Remember when they released the teaser trailer for that in 2010 and we had gotten zero information (to the point that many thought they cancelled work on the film) on it until 2012, like a 2 months before its release).

IDK, I just hope we at least get a name (that doesn't start with the letter D BTW), a synopsis, and possibly a teaser trailer this year. It would suck it if we didn't hear or see anything else about this film until it's close to its release in 2017 (which for all we know could be late 2017).

BTW, what do people think, or at least hope this movie will be about?

February 10, 2016 at 2:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Welsh

Looking forward to it. The artwork of the new mansion looks fantastic.

--

February 10, 2016 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

The Wiki page is currently accurate but I dont know how long it will stay that way. This is about everything there is too know so far.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/BIOHAZARD_CG_3

I hope when they are saying reboot that they just mean they are dropping the storys they had with Damnation and Degeneration and just not going to mention them or make the film in that style. All I want is different characters basically anyone other than Leon and Ada. But they have to have been in a previous RE title. Just give them a small mission if they are B.S.A.A. or if they have non military like roles then just drop them into a situation they are unprepared for. Send them into a mansion which they become trapped in and have to work their way out through a labyrinth of traps and B.O.W.S's. Is that cliche for Resident Evil? Sure. Is that cliche for a Resident Evil movie? Absolutley not!

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

February 10, 2016 at 3:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

WiskUK

Welsh at February 10, 2016 at 3:48 PM

Looking forward to it. The artwork of the new mansion looks fantastic.

Could a resident post that artwork here. I havnt seen any artwork released.

--

Take the Green Herb?

February 10, 2016 at 3:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

This is the only one I am aware of Morpheus.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

February 10, 2016 at 4:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1

BSAArklay at February 10, 2016 at 3:54 PM

The Wiki page is currently accurate but I dont know how long it will stay that way. This is about everything there is too know so far.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/BIOHAZARD_CG_3

I hope when they are saying reboot that they just mean they are dropping the storys they had with Damnation and Degeneration and just not going to mention them or make the film in that style. All I want is different characters basically anyone other than Leon and Ada. But they have to have been in a previous RE title. Just give them a small mission if they are B.S.A.A. or if they have non military like roles then just drop them into a situation they are unprepared for. Send them into a mansion which they become trapped in and have to work their way out through a labyrinth of traps and B.O.W.S's. Is that cliche for Resident Evil? Sure. Is that cliche for a Resident Evil movie? Absolutley not!

Too late on the Leon front. I mean did they really have to have him in this one too? Chris and Rebecca are more than enough in terms of returning characters for this new film. Oh well, maybe they'll have him do something notable and worthwhile this time.

When it comes to the whole "reboot" thing, I myself just figured they meant it in the sense that they got a brand new crew and animation crew for this one, nothing story related really.

Regarding this movie's storyline, I honestly don't know what I want to see from this film just yet. 

February 10, 2016 at 4:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Maybe or maybe they will just have him stand in the background like a cardboard cut out cause he is pretty good at that.

Yeah I hope you are right about the reboot thing. Storywise I just want something that relates to a previous game to establish that game further or set something up for the future. We don't need another movie where it has very little influence on the games. Since this movie seem's to be coming out solo to Capcom's game projects they have alot more freedom about when they want to base it but I still want it to be relevant. Degen came out with RE5 and Damnation with 6 and they had very little to do with those games.

--

February 10, 2016 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1

Your latter point is something I dislike about the previous two CGI films. Outside of being mediocre, even worse, they just don't feel all that necessary, especially Damnation. At least Degeneration established Terrasave, a group that is relevant in Revelations 2 and Heavenly Island. While a weak connection, there's a brief Tricell appearance as well. Damnation on the other hand has so far brought nothing new to the table so far. The events from this movie surely didn't affect RE6 in anyway. The only mention to it was from a radio broadcast in Revelations 2, something so miniscule that it should barely count IMO.

I just really disliked Damnation as a film. It was definitely not worth the wait.

February 10, 2016 at 8:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Yeah I agree while they are still better than those other movies I still thought they would be alot better. It seemed like Capcom forgot who they are making these movies for. They are for the fans not people who know nothing of Resident Evil. They should be adding tons of information and relevant issues and easter eggs for us rather than just a side story kind of deal.

--

February 10, 2016 at 9:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

SkinniMini1 at February 10, 2016 at 8:20 PM

Your latter point is something I dislike about the previous two CGI films. Outside of being mediocre, even worse, they just don't feel all that necessary, especially Damnation. At least Degeneration established Terrasave, a group that is relevant in Revelations 2 and Heavenly Island. While a weak connection, there's a brief Tricell appearance as well. Damnation on the other hand has so far brought nothing new to the table so far. The events from this movie surely didn't affect RE6 in anyway. The only mention to it was from a radio broadcast in Revelations 2, something so miniscule that it should barely count IMO.

I just really disliked Damnation as a film. It was definitely not worth the wait.

It was also mentioned in the files of RE6 explaining how ada is no longer wanted. Also we have yet to see what will come of this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NS-wB3vS3LU

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

February 10, 2016 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1

USS Command at February 10, 2016 at 11:25 PM

SkinniMini1 at February 10, 2016 at 8:20 PM

It was also mentioned in the files of RE6 explaining how ada is no longer wanted. Also we have yet to see what will come of this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NS-wB3vS3LU

Can you tell me the name of the file in which that information can be found.

That video you posted, I personally didn't see the importance of it besides it educating us (the viewers) more on the Las Plagas. IDK, I don't see it adding much in terms of future stories right now IMO. [Slightly off topic,but wow was the voice acting in that video obnoxious].

I will say that the one thing Damnation does that I do hope that we see again and that's showing the BOWs actually being controlled by regular humans to act as the weapons that they are. That still doesn't make me like the movie overall though.

March 2, 2016 at 1:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leon Scottfield

I really wish the main character for this was Jill

--

...She's like a part of me I can't let go, lets just leave it at that...

March 3, 2016 at 4:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

I am just happy that other characters are featuring other than just Leon. I hope Leon's part is minor and Chris and Rebecca play a much bigger role. Leon doesnt need three CGI movies for god's sake its too much. Give someone else a chance and its not like Degeneration or Damnation did much for his character. The only praise for those movies are moments in spite of Leon being in it. Like in Damnation the Tyrant Vs Licker scenes or in Degeneration the G Curtis scenes.

--

March 3, 2016 at 11:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.