CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > RESIDENTS FILES > Hello all

Isles487

Like many of you, I've been a long-time Resident Evil fan. I'm a co-founder and admin at OBsrv.org, where we host the revived RE Outbreak servers. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed Resident Evil media as much as I have while listening to your podcasts. You've managed to snag interviews with incredible actors and actresses and this is really something special. Keep up the great work guys. 

September 22, 2015 at 12:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Thank you for joining us and introducing yourself, glad to see another RE site joining us as well. Outbreak is a beloved series for me and I always enjoy playing it when I have time.

We'll keep doing podcasts and news updates when we can, we're having another podcast coming up soon hopefully so stick around and enjoy yourself! :D

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

September 22, 2015 at 12:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

So am I to assume you guys are the ones who bought the Outbreak servers? I remember someone bought them but I never found out who.

Anyway welcome. May I recommend my thread ? It's got alot of nice info in it that I'm sure you'll be interested in.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

September 22, 2015 at 8:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

Welcome Isles487. I just want to personally thank you on your work of OBSRV. Huge fan of the Outbreak games and played both on the US and Japanese servers. I am eager to play on the new server but I'm having difficulty getting on there. Once I figure what the problem is, I can't wait to join everyone there.

September 22, 2015 at 6:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Isles487

Yup, it was us! Thanks for the welcome guys! The_fog, the site originator/owner/hoster, is a reverse engineering master and nothing would have been possible without him. He was, and is, the real programmer and developer.

Samurai, have you posted for help on our forums? I'm positive we can resolve your issue so you can play with us. 

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome here.

September 22, 2015 at 7:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

That's awesome news Isles, thank you for telling us! It wasn't long ago we were talking about the Outbreak servers and this certainly made us smile knowing it was ya'll! :D

I hope you enjoy the site, make sure you update your profile and if you run into anymore problems or have questions, head to the Site Issues forum and tell us your problem. Welcome to the mansion, fellow resident.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

September 22, 2015 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Isles487

Thanks again! I'd be glad to play some games with you sometime.

And I deeply appreciate your welcoming sentiments.

September 22, 2015 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

I know everyone on the site will be kind and more then willing to go out of their way to help and I truly do appreciate that, but this is something I think I just have to do on my own. I am completely hopeless when it comes to computers and the extent of it is almost sad. Humans from 2000 years ago would've worked computers out faster than I can no matter how well and clear someone gives me directions. I think I almost got it though, just need to tinker with a bit more things. Thanks again for your work and concern regarding my situation.

September 23, 2015 at 9:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Isles487

We've had quite a few members start from scratch so don't hesitate to come by and post your question. Or if you're more comfortable I'd be glad to answer any questions here. Same goes for anyone that would like to play here!

September 24, 2015 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187

It is my pleasure to make your acquintnce and I am very happy to have a new member ascpart of our website. Our family keeps growing on this wonderful website. Thus, I am so honored that you started the severs on Resident Evil: Outbreak series which is one of my favorite resident evil games. I hope you enjoy your stay here and if you have any questions or problems feel free to contact any of the people in charged of this website. It was nice to meet you and looking forward to getting to know you on our awesome website full of wonderful people.

--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

September 25, 2015 at 3:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Isles487

Isles487 at September 24, 2015 at 8:06 PM

We've had quite a few members start from scratch so don't hesitate to come by and post your question. Or if you're more comfortable I'd be glad to answer any questions here. Same goes for anyone that would like to play here!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to be in your company. 

September 26, 2015 at 11:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

WiskUK

Isles487 at September 22, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Thanks again! I'd be glad to play some games with you sometime.

And I deeply appreciate your welcoming sentiments.

I would also very much like to welcome you to this little haven for survival horror fans and to thank you for your awesome support for the Outbreak games You are truly a RE community legend amoungst us. It's just great to see you here at last!

--

Take the Green Herb?

September 29, 2015 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Sorry for my belated welcom Isles487, I have had major laptop issues, mainly ones involving my laptop being dropped on the floor !

Why has it also taken you such a long time to find your place here, amoungst many like-minded old skool Resident Evil fans, who desperately mourn Capcom's ommisison of survival horror these days, and as such are enormous fans of both Outbreak files, and of your sterling work for the Resident Evil community; we are truly honoured to have you as a resident of CHE. I look forward to your many forum contributions on this subject...

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

September 29, 2015 at 4:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Isles487

George Trevor at September 29, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Sorry for my belated welcom Isles487, I have had major laptop issues, mainly ones involving my laptop being dropped on the floor !

Why has it also taken you such a long time to find your place here, amoungst many like-minded old skool Resident Evil fans, who desperately mourn Capcom's ommisison of survival horror these days, and as such are enormous fans of both Outbreak files, and of your sterling work for the Resident Evil community; we are truly honoured to have you as a resident of CHE. I look forward to your many forum contributions on this subject...

I don't know why it took me so long to find you guys either! I'm very glad I did. I'm an old school fan through and through and it's great to be in the company of like-minded people. 

I'm so flattered that you guys continue to heap praise on me, but the_fog is really the one that brought Outbreak back to life- the programmer behind it all. I was part of the undertaking but we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are without him. It was also his vision to start the OBsrv community. 

Thanks again everyone, and I'm glad to be here with you.

September 29, 2015 at 10:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

You should have him come chat with us so we can give ya'll praise. :)

--

September 29, 2015 at 11:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Outbreak is the true essence of what the series should be IMO. You've done so much more for our survival horror community than Capcom have in recent times so I thank you for that my friend - and oh yeah welcome to CHE!

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

October 6, 2015 at 5:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Isles487

James Marcus at October 6, 2015 at 5:26 PM

Outbreak is the true essence of what the series should be IMO. You've done so much more for our survival horror community than Capcom have in recent times so I thank you for that my friend - and oh yeah welcome to CHE!

Thanks again guys. I've let the_fog know about your wonderful web site so perhaps he will swing by. 

October 9, 2015 at 1:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.