BECOME A RESIDENT - EMAIL crimsonheadelder@outlook.com

CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community Site & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > Site Issues

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Hello CHE residents! You can report your site gremlins & bugs here, and the architect will work on resolving them as quickly as possible. Don't be shy and come forward if you have any problem with site content, navigation, features or anything else which disturbs your residency in the CHE mansion, thank you!

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

September 21, 2015 at 11:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

Can we please find a way to turn the podcast autoplay feature off on the main page? It's getting increasingly annoying listening to Michelle Ruff every time I load the site up. 

Thanks.

September 25, 2015 at 7:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vito

We should be able to edit posts at any time.

September 25, 2015 at 8:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

TheBatMan at September 25, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Can we please find a way to turn the podcast autoplay feature off on the main page? It's getting increasingly annoying listening to Michelle Ruff every time I load the site up. 

Thanks.

Sorry, should have dealt with that issue months ago. It's currently on for the new podcast to promote the remixed track from RE0 ('Escape') by schadel but I will turn it off at the end of this month.

February 6, 2016 at 12:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Vito at September 25, 2015 at 8:12 PM

We should be able to edit posts at any time.

It was initially an idea to help those like myself who tend to post in an emotional state without waiting for the red mist to clear ! But if we get a few other requests then I'm happy to change to code. I think this time limit will be of benefit to you Vito for when we start to see the trailres & gameplay for the new Resident Evil 2 remake ;)

February 6, 2016 at 12:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

A temporary structual fault in the foundations of our Forum is causing the page not to refresh and this error message:

Hmm... Let's try that again

A temporary problem prevented this page from loading properly. We have been notified and will be repairing it as soon as possible. You may try to refresh this page or try again at a later time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Plans have been drawn up to fix this fault by the end of this week, but if any resident finds this fault still occuring next week please report the issue here, thanks.

February 16, 2016 at 6:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Videos are currently not displaying on our news page the Raccoon Press. All other videos, on our Homepage, and at our EVIL FILMS section remian unaffected by this gremlin, which is currently being hunted down with a Samurai Edge and will very soon be out out its misery. Updates on this technical issue will appear below.

18/08 UPDATE: This issue has now been fixed.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

August 17, 2016 at 7:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

ALL dead Photobucket (scum!) HTMLcode images are being replaced and all will be restored by the end of this week. 

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

July 5, 2017 at 12:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Updated threads are not showing up on the home page. At least on my end that is. Might give off the impression we are not an active site.

September 12, 2017 at 10:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

ResiEvilChic96 at September 12, 2017 at 10:56 PM

Updated threads are not showing up on the home page. At least on my end that is. Might give off the impression we are not an active site.

CHEERS for reporting this ResiEvilChic, for that reason I moved the Forum module to the bottom of the our Home Page side-bar, while the techs work on this fault, only to discover ALL modules in ur side-bar are not updating! Be assured this fault is being worked on.

September 20, 2017 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AnonymousFan

Haven't had the ability to change my avatar (upload button isn't there, but it isn't a huge issue), and some slow load times when accessing the site. But other than that, hasn't been too wonky.

October 1, 2017 at 6:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

AnonymousFan at October 1, 2017 at 6:54 AM

Haven't had the ability to change my avatar (upload button isn't there, but it isn't a huge issue), and some slow load times when accessing the site. But other than that, hasn't been too wonky.

Try using FireFox if you can, also users without Flash Player may also not be able to see the upload button. I have sent you a private message regarding a resolution for the avatar.

--

October 1, 2017 at 7:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy

Yeah, took me time to sort this issue too but it's fine now

--

October 1, 2017 at 12:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

3A7

Same issue as ResiEvilChic regarding topics, also in the main page, the Inbox doesn't shows the messages i recieve, i have to click every time to know if anyone writes. Tried clearing browser's cache and it works temporary and then reverts back.

October 1, 2017 at 3:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

3A7 at October 1, 2017 at 3:42 PM

Same issue as ResiEvilChic regarding topics, also in the main page, the Inbox doesn't shows the messages i recieve, i have to click every time to know if anyone writes. Tried clearing browser's cache and it works temporary and then reverts back.

Extremely useful report, this is such essential feedback, thank you. The side-bar modules are not updating, and is a known issue being worked on. The counter that states the number of inbox messages unread (is this what you are referring to, thanks?), has only broken down once since 2010 that I am aware of and was fixed quite quickly. Can I ask which browser you are using, and any more details you feel useful, and it will be reported immediately to the sever techs. Again thank you very much for the report, particularly as my account seems unaffected, it went unnoticed.

--

October 3, 2017 at 11:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

3A7

Thank you. That's what i meant, the counter. When i said that i tried clearing browser's cache, what i did was ctrl+f5 or ctrl+r and the browser reloaded everything from scratch, i should do a proper clean up just in case. The browser i'm using is called yandex, it uses google chrome engine, hope it's helpful. Thanks again.

October 3, 2017 at 12:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

I think those "gremlins" were at it again messing up site features b/c I had trouble accessing the forums on my end a couple days ago but now it appears to be fixed! 

October 16, 2017 at 9:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

I'm having this issue now as well.

--

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong."

October 28, 2017 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Yoke at October 28, 2017 at 9:01 PM

I'm having this issue now as well.

As always these reports are much appreciated. I am hoping, as I believe it to be, the Forum is working fine now for all residents.

I thought I would take this opportunity to point out for residents visiting the CHE mansion on a mobile device, you need to navigate using 'Desktop' or 'Classic' mode, otherwise all pages will only display as unformatted basic text with no images, like the good old days of Teletext/Ceefax (one for the teenagers!).

And the fastest web browser I have found for navigating our mansion without delays is Opera

And for residents who cannot upload an avatar/profile image and/or cannot use the audio player on pages such as The Machova Village Tragedy, need to check their web browser is not blocking Adobe FlashPlayer. Virus software extensions & pop-up blocker extensions can very often completely unnecessarily block FlashPlayer, and this will prevent residents viewing the upload button for images and unable to activate our audio player play button.

--

November 4, 2017 at 5:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Still having trouble with uploading a different avatar. Tried firefox and the edit profile area still has no upload button when you remove the picture. Had to use the back button on the browser to get back this avatar.

--

January 23, 2018 at 9:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.