CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Resident Evil 2 Remake

Bl00dy3y3

ResiEvilChic96 at February 5, 2019 at 11:43 AM

Bl00dy3y3 at January 31, 2019 at 2:59 PM

ResiEvilChic96 at January 31, 2019 at 9:46 AM

It does feel rushed in some areas, it's not a perfect game but just for fun and a graphical update, it does its job. Is there still a canon debate on this, whether its replacing the original or just a reimagining? 
I see ppl already wanting a re3 remake already before getting 8 but realistically 8 is more likely to be out before it with it already being in production. Plus I want to see where the current canon is going to beyond 7 before playing another remake.
I would prefer it that anyway so we don't get burned out on remakes coming out so close together.

In regards to canon, I donĂ??t see how this doesnĂ??t replace RE2 1998. I mean, how do you combine the two narratives in a coherent way? I agree about wanting RE8 before anymore REmakes. Although I certainly wouldnĂ??t complain if Capcom re-released RE Outbreak Files #1&2 remastered. With online gaming having come SO far in the last decade. I think I speak for the majority of fans when I say, we would gladly pay for it.

I'd be totally on board for outbreak b/c like you pointed out with how online gaming is today, I think it'd benefit greatly, to me it seemed like Outbreak was ahead of its time and deserves another crack at it. I think the thing I'm getting kind of annoyed with is some ppl acting like these remakes are going to reboot the entire series and they'll remake on forward with 4-6. I mean we don't know that for sure,  but RE8 was already long confirmed in development by Jun Takeuchi. I don't see them fully rebooting the series yet.

Yeah, I remember at the time Outbreak came out. Playstation 2 Online wasn't something most people I knew had. Which was pretty much everyone in my age group and older. So the online scene was definitely behind the times. Whereas, you so astutely pointed out, the concept of RE: Outbreak's gameplay was ahead of the curve at the wrong time in regards to the online aspect of the game. Which as we know is like 75% the point of those games. Connecting RE fans, by throwing them together in an OG style RE title as an average citizen in Raccoon City. With the goal of surviving together. That's why the community has been clamoring for a remaster. The online scene can now meet those ideas the developers had back then. Plus, who WOULDN'T want to play with their friends or make new friends while playing an online RE? As for worrying about Capcom REmaking every entry? I think allot of that comes from people seeing allot of casual fans begging for REmakes of not only RE3. But, also, a REmake of REmake... Which is an asinine idea. I don't see that happening. As you pointed out Jun Takeuchi has said they're already developing RE8. I think allot of this REmaking talk will die down once RE8 has a trailer drop. It's just that, right now, RE2make is the new hot thing. So it's at the forefront of everyone's minds.
February 5, 2019 at 6:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

Bl00dy3y3 at January 31, 2019 at 2:59 PM

ResiEvilChic96 at January 31, 2019 at 9:46 AM

It does feel rushed in some areas, it's not a perfect game but just for fun and a graphical update, it does its job. Is there still a canon debate on this, whether its replacing the original or just a reimagining? 
I see ppl already wanting a re3 remake already before getting 8 but realistically 8 is more likely to be out before it with it already being in production. Plus I want to see where the current canon is going to beyond 7 before playing another remake.
I would prefer it that anyway so we don't get burned out on remakes coming out so close together.

In regards to canon, I donĂ??t see how this doesnĂ??t replace RE2 1998. I mean, how do you combine the two narratives in a coherent way? I agree about wanting RE8 before anymore REmakes. Although I certainly wouldnĂ??t complain if Capcom re-released RE Outbreak Files #1&2 remastered. With online gaming having come SO far in the last decade. I think I speak for the majority of fans when I say, we would gladly pay for it.

You combine the two narratives the same way we had to combine the Chronicle games and Chronices book, to REmake, RE2, and RE3. The whole "retellings aren't canon" bit came from the community to try and get things to work easier, not Capcom. Plus REmake didn't replace RE1 as many things in the lore referance that version over REmake. So when you really get down to it, its a big mess. But we accepted that because, besides a few specific things like Barry making a sandwich joke or Richard dying to the poison for RE1 and Sherry being infected by G or Ada being slammed against the self destruct computer in RE2, what happens and when has always been up in the air. Even RE3 had such moments when you got to pick Jill's choice which slightly altered the story. 

Hell, RE2make doesnt really work with itself in a coherent way. Leon fights the damn tyrant at the end his story but we see it get ripped in half by Birkin LONG before that.

As for a remastered of Outbreaks I dont think it'll ever fully happen. If it does, theyd just make it a stright port or they'd have to redo TONS of textures just for the remastering. There's ALOT of copy righted products all throughout Outbreaks' textures. Pepsi, the old Harley Davison Beer, Guinness, Budweiser, and so much more fill the textures.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

February 6, 2019 at 12:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Naveed
I had fun playing remake 2. It's gameplay is solid. I have done it 100%. I don't think it's best remake ever and people on internet claiming it's the best are wrong. Remake 1 is still king. It added so much in terms of gameplay and story. Remake 2 only has same old 3 difficulty modes. No extra interesting modes. Re7 assests and equip screen reused. But gameplay is very solid. Loved playing it. I was thinking capcom would put lot of connections and story elements but no. Capcom made this game mainly for new crowd. The difference between remake 1 and remake 2 is that remake 1 is made purely for the fans of the original and remake 2 is made for new audience and some small references are put in for old fans.
February 6, 2019 at 6:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Well the extra modes are all speed running content. What if you don't enjoy speed running? Tough luck. Like I stated in my review above these modes are specifically tailored for Youtubers and Streamers. Hardcore fans got shafted with this Remake. Lack of files, backstory, texture details, a campaign which all the unlockables are based around speed running, then we had two extra modes which require speed running with minimal story and now another 4 DLC's with the same style. I will just Youtube them for the "minimal/what if" story. I played this game once since launch week. I attempted to unlock the infinite handgun on standard, got about 50 minutes into it and was making good time etc but I just realised that this is boring and honestly I don't care about unlocking an infinite handgun. So I turned it off and haven't touched the game since. Been more into Siren, Obscure 2 and just researching past details about the series. The novelty of this game has already worn off on me.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

February 15, 2019 at 1:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Naveed
Yeah I hate that there is not much story or texture detail in backgrounds. I was wondering does the game tells what date it is? I mean like in game is it mentioned anywhere? Maybe I missed it. I completed two dlc missions in training mode. I hate the music. And it's all about speed running.
February 15, 2019 at 8:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

No one likes Lottie.

--

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong."

February 18, 2019 at 11:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.