CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Alpha/Bravo team structure

CC

I have a strange question. Alpha Team and Bravo Team... how did they split up the time? 12 hour shifts? One from 7 AM to 7 PM and the other 7 PM to 7 AM? I've always wondered about that, but can't seem to find anything on it.

July 9, 2015 at 12:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

The only hint, as far as I know, that STARS worked split shifts is the SD Perry novels, which aren't canon to the games, so whether or not the STARS in the games worked split shifts, nobody can probably tell you.

As far as the novels go, twelve hour shifts seems pretty likely, probably with a little run-over when the murders in Raccoon Forest started.

July 9, 2015 at 7:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

They would work split shifts yes, but they also would not be on duty 24 hours a day every day. They would be on call a lot too and be drafted in for some of the larger police operations in Raccoon City.

July 9, 2015 at 11:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

I think its safe to assume they would be on split shifts Alpha and Bravo. Probably 8 hour shifts at the office with members of Bravo on rotation with other Bravo members throughout the week. 3 days on 1 off or something to that extent. With Alpha being days one week and nights the next rotating with Bravo. Or is it possible that they dont work nights at all? They are just on call during nights. Its quiet funny how these small details are quite fascinating as opposed to how they made the 100th virus.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

July 9, 2015 at 12:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

The True Story Behind Biohazard translation done by THIA states they worked in 24 hour shifts but even on the other team's free day they needed to be prepared cause they could be called in anytime. Here is the link to page 53 chapter 3:

http://www.the-horror.com/imagedisplay.php?img=features/tsbb/032.png .

I'm sure this book is not considered canon but for information like this that does not screw with anything I am sure it can be taken as is.

July 9, 2015 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

SamuraiEdge at July 9, 2015 at 6:44 PM

The True Story Behind Biohazard translation done by THIA states they worked in 24 hour shifts but even on the other team's free day they needed to be prepared cause they could be called in anytime. Here is the link to page 53 chapter 3:

I'm sure this book is not considered canon but for information like this that does not screw with anything I am sure it can be taken as is.

Thanks SamuraiEdge, I am a huge fan of The True Story Behind Biohazard, and my own personal opinion is to take the George Trevor notes contained therein as canon, even the discovery of the 'terrible abomination, plant-like, of absurdly gigantic proportions' which I have argued rather than being the canon-destroying Plant-42 is actually a cutting/clone from the progenitor flower, Sonnentreppe.

Back to S.T.A.R.S. and I cannot remember where but I am sure I read that their shifts were structured according to their class, Alpha Team being considered the more experienced, employed with more seniority and thus with more frequency; whereas Bravo team being by comparison inexperienced, were for that reason put forward by the deceitful Wesker as cannon fodder for his B.O.W. combat data.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

July 12, 2015 at 1:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

George Trevor at July 12, 2015 at 1:32 PM

Thanks SamuraiEdge, I am a huge fan of The True Story Behind Biohazard, and my own personal opinion is to take the George Trevor notes contained therein as canon, even the discovery of the 'terrible abomination, plant-like, of absurdly gigantic proportions' which I have argued rather than being the canon-destroying Plant-42 is actually a cutting/clone from the progenitor flower, Sonnentreppe.

Back to S.T.A.R.S. and I cannot remember where but I am sure I read that their shifts were structured according to their class, Alpha Team being considered the more experienced, employed with more seniority and thus with more frequency; whereas Bravo team being by comparison inexperienced, were for that reason put forward by the deceitful Wesker as cannon fodder for his B.O.W. combat data.

I also love this book. I was lucky to get my hands on one several years ago. I also was completely dumbfounded when I first read that what I thought to be Plant 42 in the mansion at that time, which is just ridiculous. I really like your theory and take on it but it's hard to swallow for me due to the picture on the page having a direct resemblance to Plant 42 and the room that it's found in. The rest of the Trevors story in it is just perfect. It fleshes out his experiences so well you could pratically feel the dread he's going through.

--

July 12, 2015 at 6:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CC

SamuraiEdge at July 12, 2015 at 6:01 PM

George Trevor at July 12, 2015 at 1:32 PM

I also love this book. I was lucky to get my hands on one several years ago. I also was completely dumbfounded when I first read that what I thought to be Plant 42 in the mansion at that time, which is just ridiculous. I really like your theory and take on it but it's hard to swallow for me due to the picture on the page having a direct resemblance to Plant 42 and the room that it's found in. The rest of the Trevors story in it is just perfect. It fleshes out his experiences so well you could pratically feel the dread he's going through.

It sounds like I need to get my hands on this book. Some of that information would be useful to me for a project.

July 12, 2015 at 6:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.