CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > Podcast Suggestions

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Hello fellows REsidents! I'm here to ask for suggestions, ideas, topics that relate to our beloved Resident Evil series, for future episodes of the Crimson Head Elder Podcast. Suggest to us which particular Resident Evil game or aspects of a series installment you would like featured, and we'll try to follow through with your requests. Relive with the panel your memories of the classic games, those survival horror moments that inspired passion for the series, or infuriating memories of game-play that didn't make sense, annoyed us, and resulted with some throwing controllers across the room!

Furthermore, residents can also request which series developer, composer or actor they would like to hear from too, or any other feature that may be of interest. So please don't hesitate to request your desired content for future files of the CHE podcast, and thank you from all the staff!

July 3, 2015 at 5:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

WiskUK

So my request for the next podcast = Shinji Mikami... OK seriously now... My first pick has already been taken, much to my delight when Raj Ramayya and Angus Waycott were interviewed but you missed lovely Claire O'Connor (Fong Ling), I would love to hear her voice again. Other than that it would be awesome to hear interviews with any of the developers or the voice actors from RE2. Come to think of it as I love the music of RE it would be interesting to hear from some of the RE composers also, I don't think they get the credit they deserve especially the composers from RE2 and RE3. Kudos all round to those responsible for bringing to this site Raj Ramayya's unused theme for RE: Dead Aim, another exclusve like this from the composers of RE2/RE3 would be another awesome feature for the podcast.

--

Take the Green Herb?

July 3, 2015 at 7:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Survivalist

My request would definitely be something involving one of the RE composers. Masame Ueda would be fantastic, but also Saori Maeda (RE3) would be great. Having said that, the latter seems to have done no other computer game work aside from his 50% contribution to RE3, so he may not be accessible. Perhaps the most likely candidate to get hold of would be Shusuke Uchiyama, since he was prolific early on (having composed some of my favourite themes from RE2, as well as working on the REmake soundtrack and that of RE4. Most importantly, he has worked on RE recently too, having done the soundtracks for DSC and ORC, both of which included reworkings of older pieces, and being decent, if not iconic, in their own right.

I understand that such a venture may be impossible, for obvious reasons. But, if an interview could somehow be achieved, or at least some sort of interaction, it would be simply fantastic. Failing that, I'd love to hear a discussion of the soundtracks, since they are such an integral aspect of the series.

July 5, 2015 at 7:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

Voice actor's; Adam Clark, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, Jim Ward, Paul Mercier and anyone/all the people from Zero...really showing more love for the VA's of the "forgotten" RE games would be absolutely amazing.

Also, topic for a future podcast "RE4's effect on the series and the Video Game industry."

--

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong."

July 5, 2015 at 10:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

The interview with Yasuhisa Kawamura formed part of the site's article on Resident Evil 3.5 and unless I am mistaken is the only interview with a developer exclusive to CHE - putting the language barrier to one side an interview with another developer this time broadcast on a podcast would be awesome. I would also like to request more interview with the voice actors from the old skool era of RE, so anyone from the first three games that has not featured yet would be just awesome too. Keep up the good work and thank you for these podcasts, they're the best podcasts out there covering the series.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

July 6, 2015 at 4:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

I would be interested to hear from the VAs for James Marcus and Billy Coen - also Richard Waugh would go down well after hearing from Peter Jessop. Other than that I dont know what else to say as these podcasts are the best RE podcasts I've heard so just keep up the good work!

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

July 12, 2015 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

We're still taking more suggestions from everyone and I'm enjoying what everyone has suggested so far. Hopefully we'll make some of these come true!

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

July 12, 2015 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gunnutinfl

I have to agree with what was said before about interviews with the composers of RE2 and 3! I've gotten more and more curious about the music of the games lately after some of the stuff I read about most of the music from 1.5 (sorry for bringing that up lol) making it into 2.

--

July 13, 2015 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

I'm sure anything this site does for the next podcast will always be above and beyond my expectation's but I also agree with other people's idea of having the composers. I would also personally love a podcast with Bio 2 and 4 Ada voice actor Sally Cahill, her voice for Ada is just perfection.

--

July 14, 2015 at 7:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Anyone else have suggestions or ideas? If there are certain games you'd like us to give review or talk about, that'd be fun to do so we can talk about our experiances and what we think about it. Relive memories if we had played it and if not, learn from it.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

July 20, 2015 at 8:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Would be interesting to pick some of the most challenging B.O.W. battles and puzzles from across the series and listen to each podcaster talk about their own personal obstacles with each enemy/puzzle and how they managed to overcome these challenges. Would anyone dare to suggest that they solved RE3's water treatment puzzle without the assistence of the game guide?! ;)

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

August 3, 2015 at 3:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

Another idea, I love reading The Biology of Evil on PU so I think it would be really amazing for CHE to interview a scientist. 

--

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong."

August 24, 2015 at 5:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

@James, I like your thinking right there. I can say I solved the water treatment puzzle without a guide! :P When I was a kid playing it, my brother and I never heard of game guides till years later. It's amazing that at a young age, you can solve these puzzles and problems without much hassle, till you come back as an adult and scratch your head wondering how you even did it.

I do like the B.O.W. challenge, be something to talk about when interviewing the VAs, or just afterwards for a sum up the podcast. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Hopefully we'll snag more voice actors and other folks for the exclusive interviews. We will, in the future, do little podcasts at one point in time about the games from what we experianced ourselves and to sum up the enjoyment of them.

We should try and sang the VAs from the Outbreak series as well as those from Code Veronica X. 

--

August 24, 2015 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.