CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > Translation: Wooden/Gold Emblem

SamuraiEdge

There are 4-5 words written in Greek that goes around the rim of the wooden/gold emblem in Remake. I was wondering if anyone has translations of these as I am curious as to what is probably the motto of the Spencer family. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

June 19, 2015 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

I asked this a while back on PU. It's either "Where there is life, there is hope." or "Where there is hope, there is life."

June 23, 2015 at 5:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

Much obliged. I have been curious about this since 2002. That saying fits in really nice with the other descriptions around the mansion about life and death.

June 23, 2015 at 4:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

SamuraiEdge at June 19, 2015 at 5:59 PM

There are 4-5 words written in Greek that goes around the rim of the wooden/gold emblem in Remake. I was wondering if anyone has translations of these as I am curious as to what is probably the motto of the Spencer family. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SamuraiEdge could you please post an image of the emblem in this thread, as the importance of getting a native of the language concerned to provide a definitive answer is often proved to be imperative. Yuki, our site translator, a native Japanese lady, has many times shown up disparities and even sometimes errors with other Resident Evil sites translations, particularily those done by students to Japanese, for whom it is not their first language; moreover it is a complex one they have been learning a mere few years. An example among many is for the Bio Hazard novel バイオハザード 北海の妖獣 which was originally translated on another Resident Evil site as Biohazard : Strange Beast of the North Sea, and then later ammended to Biohazard : The Wicked North Sea. Both translations are unfortunaltly erroneous. The correct translation is Bio Hazard: The Phantom Beast of the North Sea.

So it may be useful to upload the emblem here, and I'll have a native to Greece cast a quick eye over it !

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

June 23, 2015 at 5:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

I sadly can't take my own photo as I do not have a camera or a phone to take pictures so I will use a picture from the Resident Evil Wiki. Also I own that novel you mentioned and I am patiently and eagerly awaiting a full translation of it.

EDIT: Found a better picture but it seems to block out more characters for some reason.

June 23, 2015 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I took this from a snapshot of the HD 1080 60fps footage but it offers no more assistance... going to need a Greek translator!

April 12, 2016 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

Figured this was going to be a hard one. Sorry about that George Trevor. Hoping "Where there is life, there is hope." or "Where there is hope, there is life." is accurate since I rather liked that.

--

May 27, 2016 at 1:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Welsh

The font is called "Symbol", and it comes standard with windows. It's not Greek, each symbol represents a letter in the alphabet. Project Omega figured it out and posted the translation on THIA years ago. One of the gravestones behind the mansion also reads, "Capcom".

--

May 27, 2016 at 2:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CC

"While there is life, there is hope."

May 27, 2016 at 4:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

comicbooknerd

Vaugley remember seeing this on THIA now, forgot all about the one with CAPCOM on it. I miss those little touches they used to do, dont seem to get that sort of thing in the newer games.

May 27, 2016 at 4:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

Thank you Welsh and CC. Missed that on THIA.

"While there is life, there is hope." Love it.

--

May 27, 2016 at 4:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Great stuff I love posts like this. Excellent work by all involved.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

May 27, 2016 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.