CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Resident Evil 0 HD press release

SkinniMini1

CACOM PRESS STATEMENT:

Earlier today at an event in Japan, Capcom confirmed Resident Evil 0, a remastered version of the popular prequel to the original title in the Resident Evil series, is currently in development. The game is planned for release on PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC in early 2016.

Original Resident Evil 0 Director Koji Oda and additional staff are returning for the development of this new remastered version. Capcom will be sharing more information on the title in the coming weeks.

I am too happy about this :-). How does everyone else feel about this news?

May 26, 2015 at 9:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

There IS a God!

May 26, 2015 at 9:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bl00dy3y3

Meh, I get why they're doing this over a straight up REmake of RE2 or 3. Namely because they don't have to spend that much time and money to basically put a little polish on the background and character models. Blam! Instant $$$. Having said that, I'll still buy RE0 in hope that Capcom MIGHT REmake RE2 and 3.

May 26, 2015 at 3:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I am optamistic that the higher than anticipated sales figures for Resident Evil HD Remaster may entice Oda's development team to go even further with new functionalities & gameplay options. Not known for their imagination when it comes to ports of Resident Evil (the GameCube releases of RE2 & RE3 were a a disgrace considering the console's capability), even the wonderful Resident Evil HD Remaster was sorely lacking with regard to new offerings on the previous version, but I hope now that with1 million sales in the bank and still growing from RE HD, Capcom will go even further with their imagination & push Zero to it's full potential.

Residents of Crimson Head Elder can retrace Rebecca Chambers' nightmarish journey through Umbrella's Management Training Facility, with an exclusive in-charcater reading of Rebecca's Diary, by Riva Di Paola, Capcom's official actor for the S.T.A.R.S. Medic.

You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

May 26, 2015 at 10:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Been lurking around CHE since 2011, love the site for it's focus on these games that celebrated atmosphere over gunfire - never did I dream that my favorite game in the series would make a triumphant return in glorious hi def. I concur with Mr Trevor - Leech Hunter was a good bonus game but it got repeatative quickly, this is an area that could be developed, and new fixed camera angles like Mikami's Resident Evil Director's Cut, would be a another welcome improvement.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

May 26, 2015 at 10:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mr.1035
This is great. FINALLY. My favorite RE game gets a chance of HD remaster. And Mr. Oda's involvement is also wonderful news. Look at the grey hair of Mr. Oda, it's been too long.
--

A man coded with 1035.

May 27, 2015 at 3:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

George Trevor at May 26, 2015 at 10:17 PM

I am optamistic that the higher than anticipated sales figures for Resident Evil HD Remaster may entice Oda's development team to go even further with new functionalities & gameplay options. Not known for their imagination when it comes to ports of Resident Evil (the GameCube releases of RE2 & RE3 were a a disgrace considering the console's capability), even the wonderful Resident Evil HD Remaster was sorely lacking with regard to new offerings on the previous version, but I hope now that with1 million sales in the bank and still growing from RE HD, Capcom will go even further with their imagination & push Zero to it's full potential.

Residents of Crimson Head Elder can retrace Rebecca Chambers' nightmarish journey through Umbrella's Management Training Facility, with an exclusive in-charcater reading of Rebecca's Diary, by Riva Di Paola, Capcom's official actor for the S.T.A.R.S. Medic.

You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.

As much as we want further features in RE0, odds are good we won't see them.

But if one of the devs would be so kind as to drop some item boxes... I wouldn't complain.

May 27, 2015 at 7:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

Great news, especially for those who never played this. Bio Zero is my 2nd favorite title in the series and hopefully this time around it gets appreciated more. The GC version will still be my main just like Remake is but I will get this to show my support and for the inevitable new costumes since I am a sucker for new costumes.

--

May 28, 2015 at 12:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Naveed

Great News.... I will love to Platinum RE 0

May 28, 2015 at 3:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

I can't platinum things...

May 29, 2015 at 8:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Naveed

I had a lot of fun unlocking Platinum Trophy in Remake...after that i started to do my own custom runs in Remake, which i also did before...George also gave couple of great ideas of custom runs...I wish they add more difficulty modes to RE 0 that would be great..

May 29, 2015 at 9:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

I'm just horrible at Trophy hunting. I have three platinums, one mandatory (The Walking Dead Season One), one easy (Metal Gear Solid 3) and one I truly feel I earned (Zone of the Enders 2).

May 29, 2015 at 10:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Naveed

Resident Evil platinum trophy is not that difficult actually its normal. I just want more reasons to play my no.1 game Remake. I also unlocked platinum trophy of Bloodborne. That was hard. When it comes to the RE series I always come up with custom runs and end it again and again. Metal Gear Solid 3 platinum trophy is not that easy its actually time consuming.

May 29, 2015 at 1:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

If they remaster 2 and 3 they wouldn't have issues with the models AS they already created them for the Wii games and ORC Of course they would need to fix the models of Jill and Carlos to look like themselves and not so stranged face. With RE3 they have to keep the original sounds of Nemesis and not the horrid and ear tearing recordings they have. The first/original is still the best.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

May 30, 2015 at 12:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

TheOracleDragon at May 30, 2015 at 12:10 PM

If they remaster 2 and 3, they wouldn't have issues with the models they already created for the Wii games and that of ORC, course they would need to fix the models of Jill and Carlos to look like themselves and not so stranged face. - With three, they have to keep the original sounds of Nemesis and not the horrid and ear tearing recordings they have, the first/original is still the best.

Yes, the original Nemesis is the best, but I have a soft spot for the Umbrella Chronicles voice. I happen to love laughing at it.

May 30, 2015 at 6:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gunnutinfl

This is amazing. Thank you for making this topic, because I would not have found out about this Remaster if not for your post! I'm hoping this will convince Capcom that we still want a classic REmake of 2 and 3 with prerendered backgrounds!

May 31, 2015 at 2:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Naveed

I don't want current Capcom to make remakes of 2 and 3. Thing is when Re remake was made it replace psx RE1 and remake is considered canon. Remake was perfect but I don't want that for RE2 and 3. Original team not around so it might not be as good as it is or it could be worse. The only thing I would change in RE 2 would be expansion of zapping system. It is not used as I imagined it would. RE3 is perfect.

May 31, 2015 at 9:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I would rather see an HD version of the original ports for RE2 & RE3, rather than a complete remake, simply because I don't have the confidence that any current Capcom employees truly understand survival horror & what really made the series everything that it was, so I cannot see a similar success story to the one that turned RE1 into REmake. The prerendered backgrounds from RE3 on PC look stunning and bringing that sharpness to consoles, with updated game mechanics, additional bonus games & difficulties, with both games packaged as one, would be my prefrence to a complete remake.

Back on topic - this is a Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster thread ! I have been keeping an eye on Capcom's European and U.S Press sites, and the game's official site, but there have been no updates, not even a teaser trailer, mirroring the lack of activity which followed for weeks after the Remake Remaster HD press release. I don't expect any updates for some weeks, but we may get small news at E3 on June 16th-18th ! That may be a date worth diarising for RE ZERO HD news junkies like me !

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

June 3, 2015 at 1:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

I just want the release date to be closer. And news of a physical release. If there's one thing I want, alongisde the digital release of Zero, I want a physical release of every HD rerelease (4/CVX, UC/DC, Remake/Zero), either as one collection or three separate collections. I have no problem with importing, but I'd still like a physical release of each on US shores.

June 3, 2015 at 1:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

I'd like to grab all physical copies of any HD or REmake of the games, I'm still trying to get REmake HD for the Xbox 360. Need it for my RE game collection.

What would be something is if they HD Survivor or Dead Aim, imagine the details you'll see. Still enjoy Survivor since it had 3 different baddies and different pathways you can pick to explain the story, making you come back to play it again and again to collect every bit of information it held.

Zero HD, I want to get my hands on it, been a while since I last played Zero, gonna have a fun time if it is released as a physical copy, I really don't trust digital stuff.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

June 6, 2015 at 7:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.