CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Villain Predictions?

ResiEvilChic96

Just wondering if anybody here has any predictions for what kind of villain(s) we might see in RE7? I'd really like to see a place-holder villain b/c I am getting tired of these flavor of the month villains. I understand RE has to bring newness into their stories and all, but I really want to see a great next villain since Albert Wesker has been long dead in the series. I liked Alex Wesker but I was a bit dissapointed on her outcome in REV2. I just don't see her in RE7 but then again, I could be wrong

May 20, 2015 at 11:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

- My cynical prediction for the next antagonist is:
* Some random new bioterrorist guy who has never been heard before that is in charge of some new random bioterrorist organization who appears, mutates into a monster, gets killed and then is not ever mentioned again.

- My plausible prediction for the next antagonist is:
* Dark Natalia/Alex Wesker back in action from the events of Rev2 although the original Alex W may be out of the picture, replaced with a small young girl, I believe that she could find a way around this limitation perhaps with the C-Virus.

- My wish list for the next "Big Bad":
* Jenny K the sole remaining senior executive of Umbrella Chemical Inc. who also had unrestricted access to company secretes, although she is obscure I think she has the power to become a big bad, an arc villainess even.
* Christine Henri the R&D executive of Umbrella France that controlled her own institute as well as being the one responsible for special agent HUNK, with these assets along with the G-Virus, she is powerful enough to be a big bad.

- Fan-favorite villains & villainess:
* Special Agent HUNK, this member of Umbrella Security Service does not need explaining as he has formidable skills at small-arms & a high success rate at missions, he'd make a good subordinate for the next big bad.
* Nicholi Zinoviev back in action from RE3, this member of Monitor/Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasures Service is talented at assassination amongst other black ops, he would be a very useful mercenary to any big bad.
* Jessica S & Raymond V back in action from the events of Rev1 although I do not know if these two have charisma or conviction to become a "Big Bad" they could instead appear as subordinates of the next big bad.

I have much more but I do not wish to overload the topic just yet so I simply listed the most probable as well as my personal wish list and other fan-favorites that are commonly requested.

--

The nobility will rise again. Until that time, farewell!

May 21, 2015 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Leon Scottfield

I think Natalia, Hunk or even Jessica could be the bad guys, they'd make a hell of a team. I do think the next game should be similar to Remake and 0 

And I really want to see the G-Virus return

--

...She's like a part of me I can't let go, lets just leave it at that...

June 30, 2015 at 7:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Similar thinking behind my post in Xarls's thread 'In Search of a Villain', but I would love to see the clear vision of Ms Wong. After her show stealing performance right at the end of Resident Evil 4 I thought Capcom had perfectly set up her role as lead antagonist for the series' next installment. Ada was finally showing some direction in the vague clandestine world that Capcom had placed her in. We never really knew where her true loyalties were even when we knew exactly who she was working for. I truly expected Resident Evil 5 to be all about Ada, as the female Black Widow, standing tall among the men like she did when she intellectually slapped down Krauser and stood up to him, mocking any suggestion that he could physically intimidate her. Imagine Ada in place of Wesker, cool and cold, rather than hot and bothered like poor old Albert, who became a cartoonish joke with his unbelievable decision making at the end of Resident Evil, and just continued down that ridiculous path until his comically desperate end in Resident Evil 5. Ada would have been a braver choice, but one which would have provided a stinging narrative of twists & turns for a much more interesting protagonist in Leon, as compared to the dullard Capcom turned Chris into for Resident Evil 5.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

July 6, 2015 at 5:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls
Hard to say...In my oppinion Alex Wesker/Natalia would be the logical choice, with HUNK playing a small role (he wouldn't make a decent villain by himself) and both Raymond and Jessica playing an important role...why not an uneasy Jessica/HUNK/Raymond alliance in order to take down Alex? I think Revelations 1 and 2 did a fine job regarding villains and it could be put to good use.
--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

July 8, 2015 at 4:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

I wouldn't even class HUNK as a villain. He's just doing what he does because he's paid for it, really, he doesn't seem to take much, if any, joy from what he does. I imagine after the fall of Umbrella, he just travelled the world as a mercenary (and no, that idea doesn't stem from the fact that he's in the Mercenaries minigame). Whether he kept the gas mask or not, though...

July 8, 2015 at 5:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

After all this time and countless oppourtunity that Capcom have had I think it would be abit redundant to bring back someone like Hunk and Nicholai now. Those ships have sailed and let them be the ones that got away. God knows this series needs characters like that.

I think they will do the samething with Natalia and just keep her in their back pocket for future installments. RE6 completley ignored anything involved in Rev1 and also for a large part RE5 so I highly doubt that they even consider Natalia/Alex to be a part of the main series even though she was the best damn villian since Albert.

Knowing Capcom and the way they have been especially after 6 well I expect nothing more than a new villian with some bogus retconned background story shoved down our throats just for an excuse to bring Jake back. Who somehow has emotional baggage with our new villain and by the end of the game kills him and we are back to where we started before RE7.

They could easily bring in Natalia who Jake finds out about and this would make sense to bring him back. It would even be an interesting story to tell with Jake being conflicted about shooting a young girl even if it is Alex. Which should lead to her escape and an actual reason to buy the next game other than to see whats the next flavour of the week.

I can safley assume though that they will ignore this and just bring in a random even though they have set this scenario up for themselves.

If it was up to me about who the future villain of the series would be. I would ignore all the other routes and just introduce a new villain BUT do not kill them. Hell we dont even have to see them, I would be so pleased if a new villain came in and remained anonymous for several games. Could you imagine chasing a shadow for several games only to catch up to them eventually and finally getting to deal out some justice. After one game just doesnt do it for me. I didnt give a crap when Simmons died. Not in the way I should. I was more upset that he was dead than I was overjoyed to actually get some revenge. We should be routing for the heroes to kill the villain not the other way round.

So to sum up. RE7 new villain, MUST survive several games, remain an enigma, give us a REAL reason to dislike them (killing a known beloved character), be cool calm and collected and not bat crap crazy, have a plausible reason for doing these bad things other than I want to take over the world! Just doing these things alone would give me 100% more hope about the future of this series and actually get me excited for whats next.

July 8, 2015 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

I agree Nicholai would be a great addition to the villain scene especially if Jill headlines the next game. Raymond and Jessica were sort of fun but I don't think the main series will follow anything that REV sets up or at least from what I have seen them do so far.

July 9, 2015 at 9:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

QUOTE CrimsonElder: "If it was up to me about who the future villain of the series would be. I would ignore all the other routes and just introduce a new villain BUT do not kill them. Hell we don't even have to see them, I would be so pleased if a new villain came in and remained anonymous for several games. Could you imagine chasing a shadow for several games only to catch up to them eventually and finally getting to deal out some justice. After one game just doesn't do it for me. I didn't give a crap when Simmons died. Not in the way I should. I was more upset that he was dead than I was overjoyed to actually get some revenge. We should be routing for the heroes to kill the villain not the other way round."

Completely agree, and following on from my previous post to this thread, Ada Wong is just perfect for this clandestine role. I loved the set-up for the first Resident Evil/REmake, what TheOracleDragon referred to on the CHE Podcast File #4 as "a classic murder mystery... with zombies", and this format should be exemplified through the antagonist, who may be guilty of a betrayal and has since taken to the shadows. A history with the series would lend this antagonist gravitas, and their double-cross more emotional impact. Come on, Ada is crying out for this role people!

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

July 12, 2015 at 1:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

George Trevor at July 12, 2015 at 1:12 PM

QUOTE CrimsonElder: "If it was up to me about who the future villain of the series would be. I would ignore all the other routes and just introduce a new villain BUT do not kill them. Hell we don't even have to see them, I would be so pleased if a new villain came in and remained anonymous for several games. Could you imagine chasing a shadow for several games only to catch up to them eventually and finally getting to deal out some justice. After one game just doesn't do it for me. I didn't give a crap when Simmons died. Not in the way I should. I was more upset that he was dead than I was overjoyed to actually get some revenge. We should be routing for the heroes to kill the villain not the other way round."

Completely agree, and following on from my previous post to this thread, Ada Wong is just perfect for this clandestine role. I loved the set-up for the first Resident Evil/REmake, what TheOracleDragon referred to on the CHE Podcast File #4 as "a classic murder mystery... with zombies", and this format should be exemplified through the antagonist, who may be guilty of a betrayal and has since taken to the shadows. A history with the series would lend this antagonist gravitas, and their double-cross more emotional impact. Come on, Ada is crying out for this role people!

I loved Ada in RE2 and RE4 but I felt like they watered her down some in RE: Damnation and RE6. I would like to see her get a decent story, not the same damn cat and mouse crap with Leon.

July 12, 2015 at 2:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

ResiEvilChic96 at July 12, 2015 at 2:29 PM

George Trevor at July 12, 2015 at 1:12 PM

I loved Ada in RE2 and RE4 but I felt like they watered her down some in RE: Damnation and RE6. I would like to see her get a decent story, not the same damn cat and mouse crap with Leon.

I agree Ada deserves much better then the writers are treating her right now. Ada in Bio 2 was perfect for me, I enjoyed her in Bio 4 also but I did have to look the other way every time she would use that grappling hook. Bio 4 was a fresh new take on her so nothing wrong with that, but now every writer seems to just copy/paste her meet with Leon/talk abit / grapple away formula that it's become comical.

July 12, 2015 at 6:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Yeah that damn grappling hook needs to GO! Its ridiclous and I cringe everytime she uses it. The grappling hook, the lipstick launcher, the cube flipping phone thingy magig, its all a bunch of nonsense. When will Capcom get it that we want true real life drama and tension not James Bonds gadgets. Its funny thats not the first time I have compared RE to James Bond, the villian and heroine of the week is something that they have in common as well.

July 12, 2015 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

BSAArklay at July 12, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Yeah that damn grappling hook needs to GO! Its ridiclous and I cringe everytime she uses it. The grappling hook, the lipstick launcher, the cube flipping phone thingy magig, its all a bunch of nonsense. When will Capcom get it that we want true real life drama and tension not James Bonds gadgets. Its funny thats not the first time I have compared RE to James Bond, the villian and heroine of the week is something that they have in common as well.

I don't know how but I completely forgot about her lipstick launcher. I played Darkside Chronicles just once when it was released and never again. I think it was my brains strategy of quickly burying that in my subconscious in reaction to that trauma of seeing something so stupid. Now that I am reminded of it again I still have to say I can't believe that made it past the drawing board. Ada's depiction in Darkside chronicles was easily the worst offender. I also did not like how they decked her out in tactical holsters and gear and making her kick a cerberus so hard it flies against the shutters all while pretending to be an ordinary girl looking for her boyfriend in the city. It makes you wonder how the hell Leon did not find that a little suspicious in Darkside.

July 12, 2015 at 8:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

SamuraiEdge at July 12, 2015 at 8:16 PM

I don't know how but I completely forgot about her lipstick launcher. I played Darkside Chronicles just once when it was released and never again. I think it was my brains strategy of quickly burying that in my subconscious in reaction to that trauma of seeing something so stupid. Now that I am reminded of it again I still have to say I can't believe that made it past the drawing board. Ada's depiction in Darkside chronicles was easily the worst offender. I also did not like how they decked her out in tactical holsters and gear and making her kick a cerberus so hard it flies against the shutters all while pretending to be an ordinary girl looking for her boyfriend in the city. It makes you wonder how the hell Leon did not find that a little suspicious in Darkside.

He'd seen zombies, a tyrant, a creature born from the police chief's chest, a biker girl kicking the crap out of some zombies, and a myriad of other things. An Asian woman in a red dress and combat harness beating the shit out of some zombie dogs was clearly par for the course at this point.

July 12, 2015 at 9:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

Bandage131 at July 12, 2015 at 9:26 PM

SamuraiEdge at July 12, 2015 at 8:16 PM

He'd seen zombies, a tyrant, a creature born from the police chief's chest, a biker girl kicking the crap out of some zombies, and a myriad of other things. An Asian woman in a red dress and combat harness beating the shit out of some zombie dogs was clearly par for the course at this point.

By all means I agree, but it's the way she is presented which makes for a huge difference in both the player's and most likely Leons perception of her too. For example, In Bio 2 she is shown to pull the trigger at Leon walking down the parking lot thinking he is a zombie when he does not look or move like one. She also freezes in place when Annette Birkin fires potshots at her which could have seriously injured or killed her. There is just no room for doubt that she is anything other than a ordinary woman seeking her missing boyfriend due to the way she is presented, which in turn leads for a surprising revelation at the end. If a player was to go into Darkside Chronicles fresh with no knowledge of Ada at all, chances are his/her perception of her would be more suspicious and the revelation at the end would not come as a surprise due to the way she is presented in that game. Maybe it's just me though but that was the way I viewed it.

--

July 13, 2015 at 12:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

I can see your point of view Bandage and agree, the portyal of all characters in Darkside though are useless and the story is all over the damn place. I give it a break because it is a rail shooter and just think of it as a spin off retelling for the scenearios we have already seen.

As far as what you said SamuraiEdge I like your post and how you described Ada in RE2. Kind of made me realise there was a time when I used to enjoy Ada's character. I didnt like her in any other games after that but I do remember the first few times I played RE2 I did like Ada for the reasons you gave. She was mysterious but also never suspected her for anything other than just a civilian looking for her boyfriend. RE4 Ada is just an over the top Mr and Mrs Smith spy and after that she is just a parody of her RE4 role.

July 13, 2015 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96
I seriously don't know what the writers were on with toying with the idea of having Ada clones which is why I think we got the Carla Radames story to where she's gets made to look like Ada. I been thinking about Ada as a possible villain but with the direction they've taken with her lately, they look like they want to be her to be a protagonist rather than an antagonist. I'm kind of torn b/c we already have Jill and Claire as protagonists. Sherry could be the next gen female protagonist but she really only served to support Jake's story. There's Rebecca if they ever decide to bring her back for another game.
July 14, 2015 at 11:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

I feel like Sherry could have more to her story but I am not sure what. If they could relate to her in someway maybe because of the fact that she can regenerate her wounds that someone wants to exploit that? Or she could become involved with the whole Natalia/Alex story because she went through a similar scenario at such a young age. I would like to see Sherry again though out of pretty much everyone involved in the series. However they do need to work on her personality and style because in RE6 she was sort of plain.

I dont think we need to see Ada anymore to be honest. Sure there is alot more to know about her but I am really burnt out on her character. Between RE6 and Revelations 2 we saw 10 different character story archs. Thats in two games. I would like them to spend more time on one or two (If there is co-op) characters. It can be quite difficult to care about so many characters at one time.

July 14, 2015 at 11:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96
What about Svetlana from Damnation? I'm not really a fan of the c.g.i. films but she was a pretty good villain.
July 14, 2015 at 12:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

ResiEvilChic96 at July 14, 2015 at 12:40 PM

What about Svetlana from Damnation? I'm not really a fan of the c.g.i. films but she was a pretty good villain.

I'm not to well versed on the CGI films but wasn't she technically good? She opposed terrorism and even wanted a place in the U.N., sure her methods might have been abit loopy but I simply look at it like she was fighting fire with fire. I probably need to watch the film again though it has been a while.

July 14, 2015 at 7:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.