CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > Peter Jessop & Joe Whyte exclusive podcast interview

George Trevor
Site Owner

To celebrate Crimson Head Elder's 4th anniversary, Joe Whyte (Chris Redfield), Ed Smaron (Barry Burton) & Peter Jessop (Albert Wesker) will all star guest on our next podcast, exclusively interviewed together, live. Residents of Crimson Head Elder are now cordially invited to submit questions for the three leading actors of Resident Evil HD Remaster.

EDIT: Due to the additional exclusive involvement of Rebecca Chambers actress Riva Di Paola and Ed Smaron the release date of Friday June 5th has been changed to the new date of Friday June 26th.

May 14, 2015 at 4:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

Hahaha:lol:

WOW that's the funniest thing I saw all damn day haha.

Looking forward to this!

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

May 14, 2015 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

I tweeted this as well as annoucing it on deviantART for anyone to ask questions. I'm also working on a few right now, and one of those questions/request (if you think it is) is to have them voice out a scene that we feel would be great to hear with their skilled voices once more. I'd be grinning if they do and maybe George could have the music for such a scene. Everyone hyped? I am! :D I'm going to try and collect some questions from my friend Wonderman and hopefully other friends who love Resident Evil.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

May 14, 2015 at 5:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

TheOracleDragon at May 14, 2015 at 5:26 PM

I tweeted this as well as annoucing it on deviantART for anyone to ask questions. I'm also working on a few right now, and one of those questions/request (if you think it is) is to have them voice out a scene that we feel would be great to hear with their skilled voices once more. I'd be grinning if they do and maybe George could have the music for such a scene. Everyone hyped? I am! :D I'm going to try and collect some questions from my friend Wonderman and hopefully other friends who love Resident Evil.

Joe Whyte is way ahead of you TheOracleDragon ! He has already very generously offered to exclusively read through some classic dialogue from his infamous confrontations with his nemesis Wesker, live on the podcast !

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

May 14, 2015 at 5:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Brilliant! Now to plan and get the fingers going for some questions! I'm half tempted to have Peter say a line from R.E.S.S.! But for now, let all of us plan out some Q&A and try not to pressure the two gentlemen. 

May 14, 2015 at 6:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Albert Wesker and Chris Redfield actors together in one studio?! MIND.BLOWN.

I have questions questions so many questions I will no doubt return to this thread numerous times. Off the top of my head having no time to digest this exciting news I would like to know if Joe and Peter had known of each other prior to working on Resident Evil, maybe they had worked together before, or even since? Were they in isolation of each other during recording sessions for Remake as is often the case with voice acting?

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

May 14, 2015 at 6:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

Would you guys be up for reading scenes from CVX, RE5, or Prelude to the Fall?

What was it like recording different versions of scenes in REmake depending on different paths the player took? Did it feel off at all? Did certain versions feel more right than others (for example, with and without Rebecca present in the Tyrant's chamber)? Were there other versions of scenes unreleased in the actual game?

Were you guys hoping for more of a fight scene between Chris and Albert in the Mansion? I certainly was. I know the closest we got was when Rebecca wasn't there in the Tyrant's chamber. Perhaps there were outakes that offered more of a one-on-one battle between the two that weren't used in the final game?

How do you feel the characters developed after the Mansion Incident? Is there anything you would've done differently storywise (such as Albert's tragic death, which I know I for one would've instead done with Jill at Chris' side instead of Sheva)?

Your opinions on your characters' story roles in RE6 and Revelations 2? What if they were more directly involved in either (in Albert's case in both)? What would their thoughts, feelings, and actions have been in the moments that indirectly involved them but they were not present for?

If Chris knew more about Albert and why he is the way he is, would his opinion of him change any? They never really got to sit down and have a civilized, non-confrontational conversation, at least not on-screen. What would that be like? If there are any comic fans among you, I'd be able to compare this to the end scene between Batman and the Joker in The Killing Joke.

--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

May 14, 2015 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

My question for both gentlemen is as follows: Did you approach your roles with the belief that you would be voicing these characters over a series of more than one game? What did you feel about other voice actors taking over your respective roles and can you discuss the reasoning behind these decisions? Plus I would also like to say that Peter Jessop nails the cool, detatched character of Wesker with his calm yet authorative distinctive tone, I wish Capcom had stayed with this actor.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

May 15, 2015 at 3:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ray Redfield
Ahhh I can't wait for this podcast. :3 My question is probably.. How do you feel of being responsible in making the most iconic antagonist come to life in the history of Resident Evil and possibly in the world of survival horror games by voicing him?
--

Fantasy is I am a wingless angel made in heaven. Reality is I am a human born in the beautiful land of the mysterious missing flights.

May 16, 2015 at 6:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

WiskUK

NEMESIS at May 15, 2015 at 3:11 PM

My question for both gentlemen is as follows: Did you approach your roles with the belief that you would be voicing these characters over a series of more than one game? What did you feel about other voice actors taking over your respective roles and can you discuss the reasoning behind these decisions? Plus I would also like to say that Peter Jessop nails the cool, detatched character of Wesker with his calm yet authorative distinctive tone, I wish Capcom had stayed with this actor.

Peter Jessop's performance is better suited to Albert Wesker's character than DC Douglas's which seems to have morphed the voice into a parody of a stereotypical English villain. I cringe every time I hear Wesker now because he started off so aloof with a realness that is lost with DC Douglas's boombastic cartoonish style. Wesker's voice in Remake matched the coolness of the man and it would sound ridiculous if you swapped his audio for what the character sounds like in Resident Evil 5, but why should that be so if the current choice of cadence was suitable? I really hated the way Wesker's voice developed after Resident Evil 4 it doesn't suit this character and it's ever so much more frustrating when you listen back to hear what NEMESIS correctly points out, that the tone of voice was already nailed by Peter's delivery. So if it's not too controversial to answer what does Peter think about this? Also what does he feel was the reasoning behind him being overlooked for Resident Evil 0?

--

Take the Green Herb?

May 16, 2015 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shimegee

I am SO excited for this! I'm going to have to contain my Wesker Fangirling XD Must remain cool...must remain cool...

May 17, 2015 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

So here are my questions. Was Peter familiar or aware of the franchise in anyway before doing Remake? Did he enjoy the recording sessions? Any odd/out of place dialogue he remembered being cut/questioned? Does he play the game, watch the movies or read the book/comics? That's about all I can think of.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

May 18, 2015 at 6:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

These are what I have so far.

1: Do you two remember any lines from REmake that you find enjoyable saying?

2: Would it be possible to have you two voicing a scene between Chris and Wesker?

3: Why is Wesker the best character in the series? - (Willson - friend)

4: Why is Wesker so sexy? - (Rebecca - friend)

5: Will we be getting a remake of RE 2 or 3? - (Lyndon - friend)

6: Who or what is the creepiest character(s) in the series in your opinion? - (Willson -friend)

7: Have you two talked to Ed Smaron, the voice actor of Barry Burton in the game?

8: Having the voice of a character having the three C's: Cool, calm, and collective. Did you think this version of Albert Wesker would have been best in the series continuation instead of the angry, serious and cold version of Wesker we have since Resident Evil 5? In honesty, I love the three C's Wesker the best since he's more mysterious and not so angry all the time.

9: Was it difficult when you were hired to voice the character?

10: Do you remember anything interesting that happened during the recording, as in bloopers or jokes being told?

11: Have either of you met in person?

12: Has anyone told you guys that you're the greatest voices ever of Resident Evil?

13: Mr. Jessop, were you ever told how popular Albert Wesker was when you were hired to voice him?

14: Do you think Capcom might one day have either of you back for more voicing?

15: Do either of you play games? Have you ever played the REmake or HD of the REmake?

16: Any future voicing plans?

17: Would either of you be interested in coming back to Crimson Head Elder for another podcast in the future?

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

May 18, 2015 at 11:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Naveed

It's great to hear about this podcast. Thanks GT. Best scene from Remake for me is when Chris and Jill meet Wesker in the Guardhouse. The way Wesker says to Jill that there is something wrong with Barry, and when Chris meets him and he says that he got separated and doesn't know where Jill is. That is my favourite scene from the game. If someone plays Remake for the first time than there is no way they will think Wesker is lying. I want to know more about that scene. I wonder if voice actors get complete scripts before they start recording???

May 20, 2015 at 5:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bl00dy3y3

Definitely a podcast worthy of the sites 4th anniversary.8)

First question for both Peter and Joe - What is the difference in the way you approached your roles back in 2002 compared to how you would approach them presently?

Second for Peter only - What do you think makes your portrayal of Wesker so different from previous voice actors?

Third and Final question for Joe - What do you think makes the rivalry between Chris and Wesker so captivating?

May 20, 2015 at 6:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

1. What do you guys think of the massive positive response to your roles in REMAKE?

2. Were there more lines that you guys recorded that were edited out or cut out of the games?

3. What does your family think about your roles in Resident Evil? Are there family members that play the games?

4. (For Peter) What do you think of DC Douglas work on voicing Albert Wesker?

5. (For Peter) Did you talk to DC Douglas when he was working on voicing Albert Wesker after you?

6. (For Joe) How has portraying Chris changed over the games from the original to 2002 or has it stayed the same?

I may add some questions later, but this is all for now. Good luck, George for the 4th Podcast!

May 20, 2015 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

This is just great. I love the voice acting in Remake. Peter Jessop is my favorite voice for Wesker, he did such a calm, cool, and cold performance that really hit home with me. I wish Rebecca's voice actor was a part of this also. The way she was handled was just brilliant, especially the scene if you take too long to save Chris from Yawns poison and Chris dies, she slumps over and starts crying. That scene sent chills up my spine of how pure and real her performance was.

May 21, 2015 at 11:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Ok so here are the questions that came to mind to me so far. If they have already been asked I apologise. Use as many as you like GT. I understand some of them arent all related to RE but I am very interested in VA work and would be cool to hear how Peter and Joe feel about it.

1. (Peter) I noticed that you have done a lot of VA work in the Scifi games genre. Is there any reason for this or is it just pure coincidence.

2. (Both) Are there any specific roles that stick out in your career for good or bad reasons?

3. (Peter) How did you get into this line of work, was this something you were interested in or did you happen upon an audition and find a new interest.

4. (Peter) I couldn’t help but notice whilst discussing with GT your role as Wesker. How you played the part in Remake replacing Richard Waugh however later on after you played your role Richard Waugh returned to voice the character. This is quite unusual and to my recollection is the first time in the series this has happened.

5. (Peter) Did you have any interaction with the Capcom staff in particular Shinji Mikami and was you given any background or character information and also was you asked to play the role in any specific way.

6. (Peter) Prior to playing the role was you shown any gameplay footage, character concept art or given any background information on the character or the previous voice actors who had portrayed him.

7. (Peter) Did you meet any of the other voice actors? Same question was asked of Joe however he did not meet any other VA’s.

8. (Joe) If you had continued to play Chris in further games what direction would YOU have liked to see his characters personality and storyline take.

9. (Peter) Have you played the game prior to and post your role in the series?

10. (Both) Do you have an inspiration or someone you look up to in the field of voice acting?

11. (Both) Which of the va work you have done do you feel most proud? For instance a particular role you was nervous about but did a good job or just a role that you could relate to the most.

12. (Both) Is there any character in video games that you would love to play or you think the role is made for you?

13. (Both) Have you ever met anyone from the Resident Evil series not just from Remake but the whole series? For example Roger Craig Smith, DC Dogulas, Alyson Court.

14. (Both) Was you allowed to improvise or change some of the dialogue even in the slightest of changes or did they want word for word from a script?

15. (Both) Have you ever gone for an audition and the company employing you have recognised you played the part in a Resident Evil game?

16. (Both) Have you ever been recognised in your personal life for your work or have you mentioned it and then they recongised you there after.

Think thats about it for now. If I come up with anymore they will be posted here. Looking forward to this big time. Its pretty sureal that I will get to speak with the cast of my favourite video game.

May 21, 2015 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Don't have new questions - I have posted mine - I wanted to say how much I am looking forward to this next podcast and if you do manage to persuade Joe and Peter to reinact the Wesker versus Chris Tyrant confrontation I will be eternally grateful!!!

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

May 23, 2015 at 6:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

Sorry if a few of these seem "jokey" but it's to break up the constant RE questions.

1. (Both) who are YOU exactly? How did you get into VA? How did you get the job to voice these famous video game characters? What are you doing now?

2. (Both) What did you have for breakfast today?

3. (Both) Did either of you ever get a call from Capcom to re-voice the characters in Umbrella Chronicles?

4. (Both) How do you both relax after a hard day?

5. (Both) Do either of you like horror movies?

6. (Mr Jessop) Did they have you voice match Richard Waugh or did they let you use your normal voice?

7. (Both) Any words of wisdom for the people listening? Can be VA related or just about life.

8. Not a question just a thank you to both of them for being apart of the series and taking the time to do this podcast.

May 24, 2015 at 3:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.